(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 84 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 95.
    #3851 1 year ago

NVM

#3852 1 year ago
    Quoted from Apollo18:

Ordered 3 sets of samples just now
    $200USD

You can order the sample laminates for very cheap. I think I got around 12 for $20US shipped.

I got 15 samples for $20, but I did ship with Shippsy to a US address.

2399CC28-D674-45E3-981F-8F763C40DBF8 (resized).png2399CC28-D674-45E3-981F-8F763C40DBF8 (resized).png
    #3853 1 year ago

My mistake. I accidentally added an extra “0”

I’ve edited it since.

$20USD. $20 ! Lol. Sorry.

#3854 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

I use Rice Rocket Powder Coating in Etobicoke.

What is his average $$$ per game?

#3855 1 year ago
    Quoted from CanadianPinball:

What is his average $$$ per game?

Depends what you want done and if he has the colour in stock. Usually around $350-$400 for most games. Maybe you save a little with some other places but he stands by his work and never had a problem with parts going missing, etc. He also has a rivot gun so can put back the lockdown bar metal plate so it looks original. Some places won’t put back the metal plate and you have to do it yourself or they use screws, etc.

#3856 1 year ago

My flights got all messed up coming up for the event. Is there anyone driving from Calgary to the event Wednesday evening that I could catch a ride with? I will arrive at YYC around 4:45 and then have to go through customs. This is Robert Byers. Cheers.

#3857 1 year ago

Anyone got info on the pinball show going down in Victoria the end of June or is it still going down?!

95609A6F-2845-4236-AA51-BC8013D791AC (resized).jpeg95609A6F-2845-4236-AA51-BC8013D791AC (resized).jpeg
    #3858 1 year ago

Anyone got info on the Victoria pinball show going down the end of June?! I don’t have Facebook and have just heard about it through other people

#3859 1 year ago

I just emailed Nitro and Victoria Flipout has been postponed to June 2023

#3860 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dreadreaper:

I just emailed Nitro and Victoria Flipout has been postponed to June 2023

???!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH.. that sucks.. (but thank you for finding that out)

1 week later
    #3861 1 year ago

Anybody received their DP from player 1? Alot folks below the border have received them.

#3862 1 year ago

I haven’t received mine yet and I’m kind of angry about it! I haven’t paid for one or even ordered, but that doesn’t matter I still want it!

Quoted from OCP2:Anybody received their DP from player 1? Alot folks below the border have received them.

#3863 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I haven’t received mine yet and I’m kind of angry about it! I haven’t paid for one or even ordered, but that doesn’t matter I still want it!</

I haven’t received mine yet and I’m kind of angry about it! I haven’t paid for one or even ordered, but that doesn’t matter I still want it!

Quoted from Zartan:

Cool story!

#3864 1 year ago

I got mine last week but I bought from Distro in the US. I’m sure it won’t be long.

#3865 1 year ago
    Quoted from OCP2:

Anybody received their DP from player 1? Alot folks below the border have received them.

Just got a call yesterday that P1 has them and I was first on the list. Ended up getting a GZ and used JP do had to skip on DP. But that means someone else will have a shot.

#3866 1 year ago
    Quoted from Joker19:

Just got a call yesterday that P1 has them and I was first on the list. Ended up getting a GZ and used JP do had to skip on DP. But that means someone else will have a shot.

Anyone in Ontario get a GZ from P1 recently? Thanks.

#3867 1 year ago

I got an email from P1 as well asking if I still wanted a DP. I passed as well as I picked one up while waiting. So there’s another on the list for others.

#3868 1 year ago

Please advise where to buy an Extender/Extension for this.

Thank you.

4BBE68D9-515F-4B55-9C40-BA2E0C3ED843 (resized).jpeg4BBE68D9-515F-4B55-9C40-BA2E0C3ED843 (resized).jpegAA8B3304-FD17-4EC0-87C3-4377563BA3C8 (resized).jpegAA8B3304-FD17-4EC0-87C3-4377563BA3C8 (resized).jpeg
    #3870 1 year ago

Has P1 given any sign of Godzilla Premium coming in for the May run?

#3871 1 year ago
    Quoted from bloodonthepins:

Has P1 given any sign of Godzilla Premium coming in for the May run?

They are getting Beatles Gold, Mando Pro and JP pro. Was talking to them yesterday.

#3872 1 year ago

May 2-4
    Party Down

#3873 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

May 2-4
    Party Down

Hope nobody’s house blew away earlier today.

That was wild!

#3874 1 year ago
    Quoted from Stebel:

They are getting Beatles Gold, Mando Pro and JP pro. Was talking to them yesterday.

PROs? Need some PRE lovin'

#3875 1 year ago

Can anyone recommend a broker to importing a game from cointaker? I was thinking of using clearit.ca, but wanted to see if anyone had a recent experience (covid times) of importing a game from the US.

#3876 1 year ago

I use JETS Customs ! He was amazing and went over and above to help me!

#3877 1 year ago
    Quoted from Berserk:

Can anyone recommend a broker to importing a game from cointaker? I was thinking of using clearit.ca, but wanted to see if anyone had a recent experience (covid times) of importing a game from the US.

If you're still in Kincardine just have it shipped to a depot in Detroit and pick it up. I used Beltman to ship from Missouri a few years ago to there and the whole thing was smooth as silk.

#3878 1 year ago

What did you do at the border? Claim it and go in to do the import paperwork, and pay the taxes? Was that before COVID when you didn’t have to do all the Canpass app information? Just curious, I like going over to the states to shop so when all this is done I will probably just bring them in myself! I really miss The Olive Garden! I no longer feel like family! Lol

Quoted from guard:If you're still in Kincardine just have it shipped to a depot in Detroit and pick it up. I used Beltman to ship from Missouri a few years ago to there and the whole thing was smooth as silk.

#3879 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

What did you do at the border? Claim it and go in to do the import paperwork, and pay the taxes? Was that before COVID when you didn’t have to do all the Canpass app information? Just curious, I like going over to the states to shop so when all this is done I will probably just bring them in myself! I really miss The Olive Garden! I no longer feel like family! Lol

Claim everything accurately if going over the boarder, it is not worth trying the shave the amount down and get caught. I have heard horror stories and they are wise to pinflation. They want their taxes. Now, if everything goes well, someone just might waive you through and you won a mini lottery but otherwise just pay the piper and move forward.

#3880 1 year ago

Back glass replacement
    AND Custom mirrored back glass.

Like you see on LEs.

Anyone know how or where ?

Please advise. Thank you.

#3881 1 year ago

I almost always claim the right amount. I have brought a bigger item over, they sent me in, then they looked up the MSRP even though I had the proper receipts. They charged me on what they thought it was worth new as opposed to the used price from the pawn shop. I had to go online to prove what I paid. They still charged me the new price. I was talking about how some machines are made in the states some aren’t so how does he get the paperwork to show where it was made. Some things need different papers to import them. I really do want to bring some back on my own. It wold save me quite a bit of money.

Quoted from dnaman:Claim everything accurately if going over the boarder, it is not worth trying the shave the amount down and get caught. I have heard horror stories and they are wise to pinflation. They want their taxes. Now, if everything goes well, someone just might waive you through and you won a mini lottery but otherwise just pay the piper and move forward.

#3882 1 year ago

There is a forum for that. Looking for Playfields thread (Buy, sell, trade)

Quoted from Apollo18:

Back glass replacement
    Or custom back glass.
    Like you see on LEs.
    Anyone know how or where ?
    Please advise. Thank you.

#3883 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I almost always claim the right amount

Guess I have been lucky ... declared the game went inside , showed them an invoice with both parties names..
    Wrote on the invoice as in condition needs repair. Border patrol could not find pinball in computer , falls under Amusement Device ...
    Short chat told them for personal use.. paid $100.00 and was told to have a good day.

#3884 1 year ago
    Quoted from Berserk:

Just drove a game over the Niagara Falls border last weekend. Just have your paper work in order, signed invoice, proof of payment, etc. If you want to ship it to the Niagara Falls border, you can ship it to the UPS store in Lewiston for $30US. They will hold it for 3 days before charging you extra. I have done this a few times. Great service.

https://locations.theupsstore.com/ny/lewiston/793-center-st/package-receiving

#3885 1 year ago

just because I can't post in the other for sale thread... no offence to anyone, just having a little afternoon fun. lol

IMG_7766 (resized).jpegIMG_7766 (resized).jpegIMG_7767 (resized).jpegIMG_7767 (resized).jpegIMG_7768 (resized).jpegIMG_7768 (resized).jpegIMG_7769 (resized).jpegIMG_7769 (resized).jpegIMG_7770 (resized).jpegIMG_7770 (resized).jpeg
    #3886 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I almost always claim the right amount. I have brought a bigger item over, they sent me in, then they looked up the MSRP even though I had the proper receipts. They charged me on what they thought it was worth new as opposed to the used price from the pawn shop. I had to go online to prove what I paid. They still charged me the new price. I was talking about how some machines are made in the states some aren’t so how does he get the paperwork to show where it was made. Some things need different papers to import them. I really do want to bring some back on my own. It wold save me quite a bit of money.

That is always my concern, the handful of times that I've done it. The worst would be if they used EBAY to counter value from. That would be ridiculous but I'm sure that there are stories...

#3887 1 year ago
    Quoted from dnaman:

That is always my concern, the handful of times that I've done it. The worst would be if they used EBAY to counter value from. That would be ridiculous but I'm sure that there are stories...

That's actually coming now.

"eBay Canada collecting Canadian Sales Tax as of July 1, 2022"

#3888 1 year ago
    Quoted from koji:

That's actually coming now.
    "eBay Canada collecting Canadian Sales Tax as of July 1, 2022"

Good 'ol GVNT. Need every last drop.

#3889 1 year ago
    Quoted from dnaman:

Good 'ol GVNT. Need every last drop.

So they can give it away....

#3890 1 year ago

Used items. Unreal. Tax was already paid on it.

Government: Terrible

#3891 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

So they can give it away....

My dad would give you two thumbs up if he could for that comment

#3892 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Used items. Unreal. Tax was already paid on it.
    Government: Terrible

I was shocked when I found out people in BC pay pst on used vehicles. I had to convince the guy I bought from I didn't since I'm from Alberta. How many times can the govt collect tax on a used vehicle?

#3893 1 year ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

I was shocked when I found out people in BC pay pst on used vehicles. I had to convince the guy I bought from I didn't since I'm from Alberta. How many times can the govt collect tax on a used vehicle?

In Saskatchewan they make you pay tax now on sales above 5k. I sold a 06 Chevy car a couple years back for 5k and the couple asked me to go for a drive. Was kinda skeptical. We pulled into a yard in town owned by natives. They asked me to sign saying the car was bought on native owned land so they would avoid taxes. Handed me 50 $100 bills and dropped me back off at home.

#3894 1 year ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

That’s absolute robbery. That’s infuriating.

#3895 1 year ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

In Ontario at least they collect taxes every single time it’s re-sold. Even the used POS I bought from my Father in law’s estate, which apparently according to the government is worth more than I paid, despite the $5k in repairs it needs. So you pay tax on what they ‘think’ it’s worth. Brutal.

#3896 1 year ago
    Quoted from mIkea:

In Ontario at least they collect taxes every single time it’s re-sold. Even the used POS I bought from my Father in law’s estate, which apparently according to the government is worth more than I paid, despite the $5k in repairs it needs. So you pay tax on what they ‘think’ it’s worth. Brutal.

Ugh.. yeah that is starting in BC now as well.. no more sales claims.. only book values.

#3897 1 year ago
    Quoted from mIkea:

but you can in Ontario have an appraiser revalue it , showing the repairs needed and all the bad , for less value and the government must accept it . the appraisers usually charge between $50- $100 , well worth the savings in taxes

1 week later
    #3898 1 year ago

Stepbro looking for a 1st pin on a 5500$ budget. I was thinking games such as T2 Judgment Day, World Cup Soccer, Road Show, Johnny Mnemonic.. Something not too, too chewed up. Thoughts, suggestions?

Or is this mission impossible at that price on our 'steamy' market, Lol

#3899 1 year ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Stepbro looking for a 1st pin on a 5500$ budget. I was thinking games such as T2 Judgment Day, World Cup Soccer, Road Show, Johnny Mnemonic.. Something not too, too chewed up. Thoughts, suggestions?

May have to keep same mindset but look at a Sega of the exact same era, should hit it right on the head.

#3900 1 year ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

There is a t2 in gatineau, have you seen it?

Roadshow is more in the 7k and + territory.

I love mine.

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.