(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,096 posts
  • 275 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by pinmeds
  • Topic is favorited by 180 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20220807_193107.jpg
    IMG_20220807_193058.jpg
    IMG_20220807_193112.jpg
    IMG_20220807_193101.jpg
    IMG_20220807_193117.jpg
    IMG_20220807_193053.jpg
    31B4373F-C395-4AB3-BA8E-2C40FE0F45AB (resized).jpeg
    575920AF-1E9C-47D1-872C-27C16B31E1CB (resized).jpeg
    4278913E-4B75-4162-8F80-A747634D3DD6 (resized).jpeg
    EBC5C628-E872-4CDF-8658-998652A076DF (resized).jpeg
    imageService.jpeg
    20220725_142305 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220723-162141_Photo Editor (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    Matrix555bulb2-500x500 (resized).jpg

There are 4,096 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 82.
    #3701 5 months ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Where is the cheapest place to order the side art blade protectors?! we need to do a group by and I'm wondering where peeps order them from. Has anyone made a set of their own?! Thanks

I don't know if they were the cheapest option but these were the only ones I found in stock when I got mine. They do work great.....

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#3702 5 months ago
    Quoted from mac2444:

I don't know if they were the cheapest option but these were the only ones I found in stock when I got mine. They do work great.....
    https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

I use those as well. The plastic isn't pre-bent so it's rolled up super small when you get it. No insane shipping like mirror blades.

#3703 5 months ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

I use those as well. The plastic isn't pre-bent so it's rolled up super small when you get it. No insane shipping like mirror blades.

Interesting! So you had to form them over the rails and bend into shape yourself? I've seen a set but didn't realize they shipped in a tube. Shipping a large amount was definitely a price concern but will have to check into them a bit more..

#3704 5 months ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Interesting! So you had to form them over the rails and bend into shape yourself? I've seen a set but didn't realize they shipped in a tube. Shipping a large amount was definitely a price concern but will have to check into them a bit more..

The fold lines are scored. No need to fold on a machine. So when you get it you unroll, bend/fold on the lines, stick on the magnets. That's it.

#3705 5 months ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Where is the cheapest place to order the side art blade protectors?! we need to do a group by and I'm wondering where peeps order them from. Has anyone made a set of their own?! Thanks

Another option if the shipping is too high from the US, you could use this service. Then you only pay US to US shipping and get a free $10 credit (I do as well). Then when it arrives in Ontario you have it forwarded to your address in Canada. Not sure what they charge to forward to Sask but most of the stuff I have had forwarded is under $10. It would be based on weight and size of the box. Or ask Tommy when he is getting them in stock.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-to-canada-try-shippsy-located-in-ontario-bc

#3706 5 months ago

Is anyone attending any of the US pinball shows this year? I may go back to Pinfest this year. Always a great show and I actually enjoyed it more than Pintastic with the great vendors area.

#3707 5 months ago

I'm heading down to Allentown with 3 other miscreants. ....

#3708 5 months ago

VFW is my go to show for straight up play.
    Close to the border is a plus

#3709 5 months ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

They are great . If you have art or mirror blades this is a must have product.

#3710 5 months ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I found with the set I purchased that pre-heating them with a hair dryer and bending/shaping them using a straight edge ruler work very well to produce sharp bends. Took my time and am happy with the results. Shaping by hand without pre-heating I believe would look sloppy but would still work.

#3711 5 months ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

Certainly don't mean anything against any specific location, including your group's excellent one, for which the Edmonton area is fortunate to have. This is more of an entire community effort to make Pinball mainstream again. For instance, in the bank vault location at Habit Coffee, you are basically playing in the front window of the main street of downtown Victoria. Imagine playing in the middle of Times Square and with the most prestigious pins as currently on offer--Willy Wonka, Rick & Morty, GnR, etc... For instance, Jurassic Park Premium got bounced from this location...so worthwhile, I feel grateful to have experienced it, and I've probably ruined it for those who read this post. Apologies.
    Just wanted to pump the tires of this unexpected gem and it's two sister locations, both of which are actually likely better for certain reasons than the one I'm currently posting about.
    [quoted image]

Great to have out of town folks getting to tour the sites .. there are actually four good locations within the downtown area .. Steve the owner of the three you mentioned is a huge benefit to the community and is very passionate about pinball. I started organizing events here back in Sept of 2018 (this would predate the locations you were able to get to) and seeing the city (and now the mid Island as well) grow has been a blast even with the setbacks from covid. There are strange liquor laws here on the Island, the one licensed location to play at still cannot allow drinks to be at the games so you end up with your drinks at a table and alternate between drinking and playing. From 2018 we've gone from 2 IFPA players to more than 100 with 40-50 fairly active as well we've gone from zero tournament locations to holding events at around 10 or 11 spots now ... it's been quite a ride and it happens when many folk spend their time organizing and volunteering (much like the Edm, Cal and Van folk running their leagues, tourneys and shows)

#3712 5 months ago

Great job Dan ! TOPL says hello !

#3713 5 months ago
    Quoted from luch:

Great job Dan ! TOPL says hello !

Thanks brother ... miss the TO crew .. but don't miss the snow

#3714 5 months ago

yeah it's been a tough winter with lots of snow , still snowing today with lots still on the ground

#3715 5 months ago

You're just in the wrong part of Ontario - my daffodils are starting to poke up.

#3716 5 months ago

Just arrived… on its way to Ottawa on Monday for a trade.

D9CAA9B2-71E1-4247-8056-0A7446CEADED (resized).jpeg
    #3717 5 months ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Just arrived… on its way to Ottawa on Monday for a trade. [quoted image]

So you purchased an LE with no intentions of playing the game?

#3718 5 months ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

And this shocks you somehow? It's what flippers do. This is the consequence of having only 1 Stern distributor for eastern Canada. Same people always get first dibs to buy and flip for profit.

#3719 5 months ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

And this shocks you somehow? It's what flippers do. This is the consequence of having only 1 distributor. Same people always get first dibs to buy and flip for profit.

I’m shocked that he’d post on this thread seemingly bragging.

#3720 5 months ago

Yea it’s an odd flex if it’s not staying in your home to be unboxed .

#3721 5 months ago

For some people it’s just currency & profit

For the rest of us who dream of one day owning an LE of our dream pins… well, it means more to us. I’ll leave it at that.

Dare I dream of actually getting a fair shot at a dreampin LE in the GTA ? Ever?

#3722 5 months ago

Fyi, just in case you haven't seen this latest Project Pinball raffle - first time a multimorphic I believe! Super excited about participating in that one! entries are flying out!!

New Limited Edition Pinball Machine Raffle: Weird Al’s Museum of Natural Hilarity!
    Only 227 LE Packages will be made!

This LE Package includes exclusive artwork, Weird Al’s autograph, an interactive and motorized topper, and game-specific accessory items.

Each entry is $100 and all proceeds will be donated to Project Pinball to help us continue our nationwide mission. To enter our raffle, click the link below and read more on the Limited Edition Weird Al Pinball Machine and included Game Kit.

http://projectpinball.rallyup.com/weird-al-pinballmachine-raffle

#3723 5 months ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Fyi, just in case you haven't seen this latest Project Pinball raffle - first time a multimorphic I believe! Super excited about participating in that one! entries are flying out!!
    New Limited Edition Pinball Machine Raffle: Weird Al’s Museum of Natural Hilarity!
    Only 227 LE Packages will be made!
    This LE Package includes exclusive artwork, Weird Al’s autograph, an interactive and motorized topper, and game-specific accessory items.
    Each entry is $100 and all proceeds will be donated to Project Pinball to help us continue our nationwide mission. To enter our raffle, click the link below and read more on the Limited Edition Weird Al Pinball Machine and included Game Kit.
    http://projectpinball.rallyup.com/weird-al-pinballmachine-raffle

Dang.. Too late sold out already! Good luck whoever bought in.

#3724 5 months ago

Sold out already, wow! There's some massive interest in multimorphic games out there..!

#3725 5 months ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

Maybe he bought 2 of them? Also you assume he bought it in Canada. If I buy a Rush LE in the US for $15k US and trade it for a GZ LE in Canada, is it wrong?

#3726 5 months ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Maybe he bought 2 of them? Also you assume he bought it in Canada. If I buy a Rush LE in the US for $15k US and trade it for a GZ LE in Canada, is it wrong?

Of course it’s not “wrong”, you do you. I just wouldn’t go around bragging about it and expect a high five.

#3727 5 months ago

Flippers are the worst. Not sure why here is the place to post games for sale or brought home. There's already a thread for that.

#3728 5 months ago

So whatcha paying for gas today? $1.55/litre in Camrose, AB. $1.66 in Wainwright, AB. $1.73 in Cut Knife, SK. Keeps going up the more I travel east.

#3729 5 months ago

NEWSFLASH - Following that raffle today for a Weird Al multimorphic (and, btw, I don't work for Project Pinball! I just would love for one of us Canucks to win one!).

Message bellow from Project pinball:

Luckily tomorrow at 10 AM EST you will have a second chance opportunity!

The Raffle for Multimorphic's Weird Al Museum of Natural Hilarity P3 Pinball Machine SOLD OUT IN 5 HOURS!!

The team at Project Pinball cannot express how amazed we are! Thank you so much to all of our contributors for the donation entries and for the nice comments, we are endlessly appreciative of all our supporters. ALL proceeds will be donated to Project Pinball Charity to help us continue our nationwide mission.

We have a special announcement for a second chance for another Limited Edition Weird Al Pinball Machine raffle will begin tomorrow at 10 AM. This is due to popular demand!
    For everyone who reached out to us and told us that they missed out on this raffle will have a second chance tomorrow!

#projectpinball

#3730 5 months ago

No intentions to flip. I was offered two games on my want list that I have been trying to track down and I couldn’t pass up the offer. Rush will be in my home some day but it won’t be an LE. Didn’t mean to offend anyone and it didn’t come from a Canadian distributor so my thought was it’s another LE in Canada. Anyways, thanks for the downvotes.

#3731 5 months ago

So does that mean there are 228 LE weird Als out in the wild?

#3732 5 months ago

I'm in Toronto and me and the GF want to play a Metallica premium or LE. Does anyone know if there are any bars or locations to play it? I'm pretty sure there are Pros out there but not sure about a higher trim.

#3733 5 months ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

No intentions to flip. I was offered two games on my want list that I have been trying to track down and I couldn’t pass up the offer. Rush will be in my home some day but it won’t be an LE. Didn’t mean to offend anyone and it didn’t come from a Canadian distributor so my thought was it’s another LE in Canada. Anyways, thanks for the downvotes.

Fair enough, nobody here is a mind reader and it didn't look the part for a non-flip

#3734 5 months ago
    Quoted from Anony:

I'm in Toronto and me and the GF want to play a Metallica premium or LE. Does anyone know if there are any bars or locations to play it? I'm pretty sure there are Pros out there but not sure about a higher trim.

Don't think you will find an LE on location. Best to join a pinball league and many of the members will have a Metallica in their personal collection.

Maple Pinball has a Metallica Premium/LE and they have an event coming up. So that is a good place to try out the game.

#3735 5 months ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

So does that mean there are 228 LE weird Als out in the wild?

Raffle still says only 227 LE Packages will be made..
    Additional info: Pinball @ Wise Trailer provides the machine for the raffle, e.g. they are an authorized distributor for Multimorphic’s P3 Pinball Machine.

Edited: raffle already at 57%

#3736 5 months ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Raffle still says only 227 LE Packages will be made..
    Additional info: Pinball @ Wise Trailer provides the machine for the raffle, e.g. they are an authorized distributor for Multimorphic’s P3 Pinball Machine.
    Edited: raffle already at 57%

Im in #164 ! Wooot good luck y'all

#3737 5 months ago

Is there another? the link on the site shows full for the Weird Al

#3738 5 months ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Is there another? the link on the site shows full for the Weird Al

Still a few spots left but probably gone in 30 mins.

https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/weird-al-limited-edition-p3-pinball-machine-raffle

#3740 5 months ago

Northern dude is in before the buzzer!

#3741 5 months ago

If you see any Godzilla auctions, let me know. Worth a shot!

#3742 5 months ago

Sold out! Let's win this and bring one right here!

#3743 5 months ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Well, there's been a few. One is still up, 85usd per entry..
    https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/third-premium-pinballmachineraffle-2022/Campaign/Details

#3744 5 months ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

You have your choice of any stern pin if you purchase the pro or premium raffle ticket.

#3745 5 months ago

Anyone sold a game to an American and drove it across the US border? Any issues in terms of potential duty or state taxes, etc? Do they normally have any issues at the border? I know a lot of people bring games down to Pintastic or Pinfest from Canada to sell. Thanks for the help!

#3746 5 months ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

So whatcha paying for gas today? $1.55/litre in Camrose, AB. $1.66 in Wainwright, AB. $1.73 in Cut Knife, SK. Keeps going up the more I travel east.

IMG_1155(1) (resized).jpg
    #3747 5 months ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone sold a game to an American and drove it across the US border? Any issues in terms of potential duty or state taxes, etc? Do they normally have any issues at the border? I know a lot of people bring games down to Pintastic or Pinfest from Canada to sell. Thanks for the help!

I did it once and said that's it for me. Got a bit of a grind from the Customs guy about "running a business"....
    Just my experience...

#3748 4 months ago

I have two stern sam dmd displays

Asking $120 each. Both like new condition

Shipping is no problem

Added 145 days ago:

Edit, sorry wrong thread

#3749 4 months ago

is this the chitchatting thread, should I pee in a cup? what are the rules here... asking for a friend.

#3750 4 months ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

is this the chitchatting thread, should I pee in a cup? what are the rules here... asking for a friend.

As posted on page one, you may 'shoot the shit, complain about a crappy exchange rate and speculate on prices'..!

There are 4,096 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!