(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 85 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 95.
    #3651 2 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

Right, “shopped” ie replaced one bulb and wiped it down with some novus

"IT" being only the center of the playfield of course.

#3652 2 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

Right, “shopped” ie replaced one bulb and wiped it down with some novus

Quoted from MrMikeman:

"IT" being only the center of the playfield of course.

Exactly

Unless I see pics of it torn down I don't believe it. shopped usually means replaced GI with leds and cleaned it a bit.

#3653 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Exactly
    Unless I see pics of it torn down I don't believe it. shopped usually means replaced GI with leds and cleaned it a bit.

All my games are 'shopped'

#3654 2 years ago

Some of mine, get ‘shopped’ twice a day ! Lol

#3655 2 years ago

Nothing for sale here, but a cool hand-bill, found on the streets of Victoria, B.C., earlier this morning. Heaven for this weary traveller, and an excellent experience overall. High cost, but Premium experience makes it worthwhile. You play in an old bank vault. I arrived at 9 am. The FIRST technician arrived at 9:30am. The next arrived at 10:30am. Unreal.

I now consider Victoria to be the best Pinball city in Western Canada for location play, given it has three first-class locations. With the loss of Pub 340, Vancouver doesn't hold a candle. No other city I know of can make the same claim. Kudos to their community. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Cheers from a recently arrived back Edmontonian,

Winston.

20220216_085712 (resized).jpg20220216_085712 (resized).jpg
    #3656 2 years ago

Another cool picture highlights the efforts of the tech!

20220216_121603 (resized).jpg20220216_121603 (resized).jpg
    #3657 2 years ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

Wanted to highlight a cool hand-bill, found on the streets of Victoria, B.C., earlier this morning. Heaven for this weary traveller, and an excellent pinball and coffee experience overall. High cost, but Premium games make it worthwhile. You play in what can only be an old bank vault. I arrived at 9 am. The FIRST technician arrived at 9:30am. The next arrived at 10:30am. Unreal.
    I now consider Victoria to be the best Pinball city in Western Canada for coin-drop location play, given it has three first-class locations. With the loss of Pub 340, Vancouver doesn't hold a candle, especially given the walking distancebetweenthese excellent venues. No other city I know of can make the same claim. Kudos to their community. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Winston.
    [quoted image]

#3658 2 years ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

Nothing for sale here, but a cool hand-bill, found on the streets of Victoria, B.C., earlier this morning. Heaven for this weary traveller, and an excellent experience overall. High cost, but Premium experience makes it worthwhile. You play in an old bank vault. I arrived at 9 am. The FIRST technician arrived at 9:30am. The next arrived at 10:30am. Unreal.
    I now consider Victoria to be the best Pinball city in Western Canada for location play, given it has three first-class locations. With the loss of Pub 340, Vancouver doesn't hold a candle. No other city I know of can make the same claim. Kudos to their community. Thanks for the warm welcome.
    Winston.
    [quoted image]

Nice! Yeah, they have built a really great pin community over there. Great to hear, even with some of my non-pinball friends who live over there talk about their kids going to play.

#3659 2 years ago

Wow guess we have to step up our game.

Quoted from wtuttle:

Winston.
    [quoted image]

#3660 2 years ago

Matthew in Edmonton’s joint

#3661 2 years ago

Don't have the room for sweet set up like Matt's (saw it during build and after - it's well done), working on garage room now though. A pin paradise.

#3662 2 years ago

I've got a new submission for the bingo board.

Should be a easy fix

#3663 2 years ago

LOL

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I've got a new submission for the bingo board.
    Should be a easy fix

#3664 2 years ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

Winston.
    [quoted image]

Much agreed! This is precisely why we'll be holding the Great Canadian FlipOut Pinball & Arcade Show @ The Powerhouse June 23-26, 2022. More details will be posted soon. It's going to be a blast!

#3665 2 years ago

Hello,
    Just a Fuze,
    Worked 100% before storing (10+ years ago).

#3666 2 years ago

Hello

I need to ship from Saskatoon to Windsor. How do I go about doing that? Approximately how much would it cost? Who does that?

Jeff

#3667 2 years ago

Your best bet would be to get a get a quote from Day and Ross.

Quoted from Zartan:

Hello
    I need to ship from Saskatoon to Windsor. How do I go about doing that? Approximately how much would it cost? Who does that?
    Jeff

#3668 2 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Thank you!

#3669 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I need to ship from Saskatoon to Windsor. How do I go about doing that?

Quoted from pins4life33:

best to phone for the quote .... waaaaaaay cheaper that on line!

#3670 2 years ago

and write done the quote number , so they don't change the price later

#3671 2 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

what he said !

#3672 2 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

best to phone for the quote .... waaaaaaay cheaper that on line!

I did call them. They sent me a great quote. Now just to set up with the guy selling it to me.

Quoted from luch:

They sent me an email with a written quote.

Thank you for the help!

#3673 2 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Wow guess we have to step up our game.

Certainly don't mean anything against any specific location, including your group's excellent one, for which the Edmonton area is fortunate to have. This is more of an entire community effort to make Pinball mainstream again. For instance, in the bank vault location at Habit Coffee, you are basically playing in the front window of the main street of downtown Victoria. Imagine playing in the middle of Times Square and with the most prestigious pins as currently on offer--Willy Wonka, Rick & Morty, GnR, etc... For instance, Jurassic Park Premium got bounced from this location...so worthwhile, I feel grateful to have experienced it, and I've probably ruined it for those who read this post. Apologies.

Just wanted to pump the tires of this unexpected gem and it's two sister locations, both of which are actually likely better for certain reasons than the one I'm currently posting about.

20220215_110016 (resized).jpg20220215_110016 (resized).jpg
    #3674 2 years ago

Love the TV’s I wish our ceilings were higher as we were going to that when we first opened. Looks like a great location!

Quoted from wtuttle:

Certainly don't mean anything against any specific location, including your group's excellent one, for which the Edmonton area is fortunate to have. This is more of an entire community effort to make Pinball mainstream again. For instance, in the bank vault location at Habit Coffee, you are basically playing in the front window of the main street of downtown Victoria. Imagine playing in the middle of Times Square and with the most prestigious pins as currently on offer--Willy Wonka, Rick & Morty, GnR, etc... For instance, Jurassic Park Premium got bounced from this location...so worthwhile, I feel grateful to have experienced it, and I've probably ruined it for those who read this post. Apologies.
    Just wanted to pump the tires of this unexpected gem and it's two sister locations, both of which are actually likely better for certain reasons than the one I'm currently posting about.
    [quoted image]

#3675 2 years ago

Arkadium seems like a whole different animal and i wouldn't compare the two of them at all. Both seem pretty damn awesome tho for what they each are.. but completely different markets and business models.

#3676 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Arkadium seems like a whole different animal and i wouldn't compare the two of them at all. Both seem pretty damn awesome tho for what they each are.. but completely different markets and business models.

Definitely different business models. For instance, none of the four locations I visited this week in Victoria are able to sell alcohol to subsidize their margins. Coffee or energy drinks it is. Which I happen to like, because are you there to play pinball, or drink?!?

The main take-away I have, as an owner and forever-aspirational operator, is that it heightens the experience for the lay-person/non-pin-sider, which I think is where we all hope the real on-location money is. Makes $2 CAD a game seem normal. Which, given today's prices, it arguably should be. Good players such as Derek and the top guys in Calgary (Mike TZ, Wes B, Dan H., etc...) would still play here for hours on ten bucks plus the cost of an excellent coffee.

Just a fun, happy place I wanted to share with our group here.

Hope to visit some of the locations farther afield in years to come!

#3677 2 years ago

Looks like a great place....glad to see more of these Canada.

#3678 2 years ago

That purple though why...

#3679 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Yes it’s quite a shame you don’t get to see the wonderful art and lights on the games. They all look the same!

Hopefully that was just for a “cool” pic

#3681 2 years ago

I caught that also. If you can't make money on alcohol, I guess $2 a game is way to go?

#3682 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

So much... purple

#3683 2 years ago

The TVs are neat-does that draw more non-pinball people in to play?

#3684 2 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

Give me a break, it took me 5 mins on my way to work. No need to photoshop.. used a service online
    [quoted image]
    Also for what it’s worth I’m guilty for many of these

I can't believe nobody remembered to add "Documented HUO", whatever that means...

#3685 2 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

So much... purple

This was just happenstance from when I took my photo...they all have PinStadiums, and they must be synchronized.

$2 a game or 3 for $5. No complaint here, especially once you see what went into the room. This is not like finding a location and plugging in a pin in the corner. It's almost museum like, highly curated.

#3686 2 years ago

Looking for a great burger place on Southside of Edmonton. Can be fast food or burger joint. Suggestions? Thanks

#3687 2 years ago

Does anyone know where I can buy some metal to make a new ball guide like this? I'll have to work out a way to bend it to the right shape but that shouldn't be too hard.

I could try home depot but I'm going to need it to be pretty stiff and the right diameter so I'm not sure they'd have options if they have metal like this at all.

gtb-a6612 (resized).jpggtb-a6612 (resized).jpg
    #3688 2 years ago

Search the forum for piano wire. There is a thread about sizes and how to bend it, etc..

#3689 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Does anyone know where I can buy some metal

believe marco has the wire and the bending tool

#3690 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Search the forum for piano wire. There is a thread about sizes and how to bend it, etc..

Thanks I'll check it out. I didn't expect piano wire to get that thick but that sounds like it would be good.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

believe marco has the wire and the bending tool

Thanks I see that now. Really hoping to avoid another order from Marco though, shipping is really starting to add up!

#3691 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Does anyone know where I can buy some metal to make a new ball guide like this? I'll have to work out a way to bend it to the right shape but that shouldn't be too hard.
    I could try home depot but I'm going to need it to be pretty stiff and the right diameter so I'm not sure they'd have options if they have metal like this at all.[quoted image]

I've used bicycle spokes. They work perfectly.

#3692 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

I could try home depot but I'm going to need it to be pretty stiff and the right diameter so I'm not sure they'd have options if they have metal like this at all.[quoted image]

Princess Auto Stainless welding rod is the same thickness - and is inexpensive

E3C935E2-0856-43F5-A1A6-7FC6B0CFDF26 (resized).jpegE3C935E2-0856-43F5-A1A6-7FC6B0CFDF26 (resized).jpeg
    #3693 2 years ago

Is there a show in Ottawa this year?

#3694 2 years ago
    Quoted from thc666:

I don't know if Josh has the resources to do it yet again,....he took quite the hit from the pandemic.

#3695 2 years ago
    Quoted from thc666:

I don't know, but if you ours in Edmonton, you'll be kicking yourself. Take a couple extra days and check out Jasper National Park too, or several other sites!

#3696 2 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

I don't know, but if you ours in Edmonton, you'll be kicking yourself. Take a couple extra days and check out Jasper National Park too, or several other sites!

2d34e532-9ddd-4cf3-8f03-00f3d289ed00_text.gif2d34e532-9ddd-4cf3-8f03-00f3d289ed00_text.gif
    #3697 2 years ago

Put back today my tspp with the new powdercoat. Next is to install chrome t-molding.

Still trying to trade my restored tftc with NOS playfield for a more friendly theme.

18299341-9EA1-4942-AD2B-C9BC82EF6BE2 (resized).jpeg18299341-9EA1-4942-AD2B-C9BC82EF6BE2 (resized).jpeg1FD435B1-72E4-407E-8019-E9916C689ADF (resized).jpeg1FD435B1-72E4-407E-8019-E9916C689ADF (resized).jpegF247A178-B6A5-4534-AD65-9F512FDD15C2 (resized).jpegF247A178-B6A5-4534-AD65-9F512FDD15C2 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #3698 2 years ago

Fishtales in da house
    054417B6-DFFB-46F9-8700-B6F9344E586D (resized).jpeg054417B6-DFFB-46F9-8700-B6F9344E586D (resized).jpeg

98F0E3BE-38EA-43DE-BDD6-72AF2E2F20B2 (resized).jpeg98F0E3BE-38EA-43DE-BDD6-72AF2E2F20B2 (resized).jpeg
    #3699 2 years ago
    Quoted from Paseb:

Fishtales in da house

Beautiful game, looks like it's in fantastic shape! I also like that Air Duct Premium in the corner!

#3700 2 years ago

Where is the cheapest place to order the side art blade protectors?! we need to do a group by and I'm wondering where peeps order them from. Has anyone made a set of their own?! Thanks

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/74?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.