(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 64 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 95.
    #3601 2 years ago

Lots of people I know trade games with each other. Nothing to long distance and game values don't even have to be equal. Pretty small community and we all pretty much know each other or someone in your group of friends to vouch for someone.
    I'd have zero hesitation to trade with someone unless a complete stranger.

#3602 2 years ago
    Quoted from CanadianPinball:

Join a league like TOPL or the other. Isn't Lurch president

Lurch ?

#3603 2 years ago

Hahaha, too funny, that's your new nickname luch?

63ilts (resized).jpg63ilts (resized).jpg
    #3604 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Lots of people I know trade games with each other. Nothing to long distance and game values don't even have to be equal. Pretty small community and we all pretty much know each other or someone in your group of friends to vouch for someone.
    I'd have zero hesitation to trade with someone unless a complete stranger.

Getting out there at events and meeting the local collectors is a crucial first step.

#3605 2 years ago

I prefer lunch

#3606 2 years ago

I'm hungry now

#3607 2 years ago

Ok thanks, I applied to join TOPL

#3608 2 years ago

I haven’t heard anything from TOPL or gotten any emails in a long time.

Great group. I have met the nicest ppl.
    TOPL Still playing? Or still on break.

Hmm Lunch! Hungry.

#3609 2 years ago

Those are beautiful! I’ve got a 1991 YSR80 (black/silver) in very similar condition to yours… Those bikes are great fun, but it’s great to stretch your legs after a ride!

Quoted from Paseb:

I got 3x
    2x that i ride and 1x in my office (81km original)[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Paseb:

I got 3x

Quoted from Paseb:

I got 3x

#3610 2 years ago
    Quoted from Apollo18:

I haven’t heard anything from TOPL or gotten any emails on a long time.
    Hmm Lunch! Hungry.

ToPL league activities remain suspended due to the ongoing pandemic.

#3611 2 years ago
    Quoted from PNorth:

Those are beautiful! I’ve got a 1991 YSR80 (black/silver) in very similar condition to yours… Those bikes are great fun, but it’s great to stretch your legs after a ride!

i would love to add a ysr80 to my collection, if you think of selling, please let me know

#3612 2 years ago
    Quoted from PNorth:

ToPL league activities remain suspended due to the ongoing pandemic.

Sort of? According to their website they had a tournament at Player 1 at the end of November. Looked like they had about 20 people participate.

#3614 2 years ago
    Quoted from Apollo18:

I haven’t heard anything from TOPL or gotten any emails in a long time.
    Hmm Lunch! Hungry.

You've also met me.... I'm a nightmare.

#3615 2 years ago

Is there anyone in southern Ontario who can silkscreen a backbox (after I repair it!)?

IMG_6417 (resized).JPGIMG_6417 (resized).JPG
    #3616 2 years ago
    Quoted from Deleenhe:

Is there anyone in southern Ontario who can silkscreen a backbox (after I repair it!)?[quoted image]

Just paint black over the bottom half of the non-English... No one will know the difference.

#3617 2 years ago

Best way to accept payment from an American buyer?

#3618 2 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Best way to accept payment from an American buyer?

cash. pretty much.
    There's no EMT with them, other than PayPal (but you know how dicey that is) Unless you take a Wire transfer, but theres a 25-40$ fee usually attached to even accepting one

#3619 2 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

There's no EMT with them, other than PayPal (but you know how dicey that is) Unless you take a Wire transfer, but theres a 25-40$ fee usually attached to even accepting one

what bank do you use ? I have had transfers go both ways, when sending I pay the fee when receiving I pay nothing !

#3620 2 years ago

Cash not an option.

Wire transfer if I set up a usd bank account perhaps?

#3621 2 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Wire transfer if I set up a usd bank account perhaps?

you can transfer money from US account to your Canadian account !

you must ensure that the proper bank account is given completely , get the sender to confirm the number because if it hits the wrong account it will take forrrrrrrever to straighten out !

#3622 2 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

what bank do you use ? I have had transfers go both ways, when sending I pay the fee when receiving I pay nothing !

I use Conexus Credit Union. So basically Credit Union.
    I (believe anyway) if I send a wire, I pay $40, if i receive, its $25 or so....

my old roommate from like 20-25 years ago is the manager, so if I send, he'll wave the fees, if I receive, he can't get his hands on it as easy to wave it. So that's decent at least.
    I keep a US cash account also, it was easy to pay Nitro with US, they just grabbed from my US acct and sent it for my last purchase..

#3623 2 years ago

get the sender to transfer by wire to a US account that you set up just for this transaction , a small amount like $5 to make sire it works , then when confirmed , your set to go , it way take a few days to show up in your account

#3624 2 years ago

You can use Wise do a bank transfer internationally if both parties have Wise accounts. https://wise.com/ca/

#3625 2 years ago

Never used wise before.

Is having a bank transfer mailed to me a good option?

Wired into a usd account I set up should be fool proof right? And yes Definitely send small amount of 5$ first. Good idea.

#3626 2 years ago

i am currently doing this , and it is working out ,

#3627 2 years ago

Never too old to learn. Start using crypto and send using anything other than the ERC-20 network. Pennies per transaction, fast and no border issues.

#3628 2 years ago
    Quoted from CanadianPinball:

Never too old to learn. Start using crypto and send using anything other than the ERC-20 network. Pennies per transaction, fast and no border issues.

How many shib is a pin?

#3629 2 years ago

Im willing to trade a picture of a monkey for ANY pin.. just saying!

1 week later
    #3630 2 years ago

Is anyone making an order from pinballresource any time soon? I need a few springs/clips but as a new customer it seems like a big hassle to get such a small order.

If I can piggyback on an upcoming order from anyone I would appreciate it.

#3631 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Is anyone making an order from pinballresource any time soon? I need a few springs/clips but as a new customer it seems like a big hassle to get such a small order.
    If I can piggyback on an upcoming order from anyone I would appreciate it.

Call Doug at Maple Pinball

#3632 2 years ago

For fun, so you guys can play bingo next time you read all of the new posts in the for sale thread.

0E64A14A-59F6-4F44-94BA-C19424E2A737 (resized).jpeg0E64A14A-59F6-4F44-94BA-C19424E2A737 (resized).jpeg
    #3633 2 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:For fun, so you guys can play bingo next time you read all of the new posts in the for sale thread.
    [quoted image]

Looks more like a tic-tac-toe board.

Needs more squares. Let the photoshopping begin!

#3634 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:Looks more like a tic-tac-toe board.
    Needs more squares. Let the photoshopping begin!

I love bingo! Make it happen

#3635 2 years ago

Give me a break, it took me 5 mins on my way to work. No need to photoshop.. used a service online
    323955B5-1076-436C-B000-1B1D814ACA89 (resized).jpeg323955B5-1076-436C-B000-1B1D814ACA89 (resized).jpeg

Also for what it’s worth I’m guilty for many of these

#3636 2 years ago

Dan selling a game is a freebie square

#3637 2 years ago

you forgot the famous " invisible wear "

#3638 2 years ago

LOL....Sandeep posts a flip !

#3639 2 years ago

Where's luch "Trade for cash"??!!
    Just don't care to play if it's not there, lol

#3640 2 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

you forgot the famous " invisible wear "

Included under 'Province bashing' lol

#3641 2 years ago

I think my fav is “pains me to let go”. I get it if you have a family or life emergency but it’s usually not the case

#3642 2 years ago
    Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg
    #3643 2 years ago

So here's a new one. Anyone else experienced this?

I received a etransfer for $70 from someone that I have not even been in contact with. Scam?

#3644 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I received a etransfer for $70 from someone that I have not even been in contact with. Scam?

I would venture someone who sent you money previously for something and now did so by mistake. Meant for someone else perhaps.

#3645 2 years ago

Anyone dealt with USA Stern distributors that you would recommend and are Canadian friendly?

Please advise/PM.

Thank you.

#3646 2 years ago
    Quoted from Apollo18:Anyone dealt with USA Stern distributors that you would recommend and are Canadian friendly?
    Please advise/PM.
    Thank you.

I have heard JJ from the game exchange in Colorado has done this in the past.

#3647 2 years ago
    Quoted from Apollo18:

Anyone dealt with USA Stern distributors that you would recommend and are Canadian friendly?
    Please advise/PM.
    Thank you.

Us distros are not allowed to ship games to Canada.

If you are willing to ship within the us and get it home on your own accord, than most of them are decent.

#3648 2 years ago

Bingo, lol.

Funhouse 2.0 Pedretti kit coming to the Century Sports bowling Alley.
    On loan from Tommy at Nitro Pinball

Until Rush pro gets here, or something else comes in.

#3649 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Hold off on doing anything with it for a few months. Could be the scam where they show up asking for it back and then once you send it they get the transaction reversed. There are a few scams through etransfer.

And you guys forgot "fully shopped" for the bingo card.

#3650 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Hold off on doing anything with it for a few months. Could be the scam where they show up asking for it back and then once you send it they get the transaction reversed. There are a few scams through etransfer.
    And you guys forgot "fully shopped" for the bingo card.

Right, “shopped” ie replaced one bulb and wiped it down with some novus

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/73?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.