(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 95.
    #3551 2 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Oh, and so we don't fully derail any chance of getting a pinball topic: damn those pinball prices are really something, aren't they..!

I dying to get a Stranger Things and Spider-Man but can’t afford either right now.

#3552 2 years ago

Google does not make scientists.

But damn those pinball prices indeed.

#3553 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I dying to get a Stranger Things and Spider-Man but can’t afford either right now.

Stranger Things Premium is about what, 12-13k right now? And that's IF you can find one...

#3554 2 years ago

im anxious to get my fish tales from my resto guy.

it will look badass

now, i need to find a TWD and a whitewater

#3555 2 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Stranger Things Premium is about what, 12-13k right now? And that's IF you can find one...

Worth every penny. Gets played the most here. By a long shot.

#3556 2 years ago

Stranger Things seems to be a very hot commodity these days.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-stranger-things-le-12

#3559 2 years ago

On that topic of pinball prices, Tom_454 on maaca had put together a short list of prices he had recently seen, that list is from October 2021. Are those the going rates lately? Please feel free to correct/add to this, all in $CAD. Didn't include the typical +15% in the GTA area! Lol

Stranger Things (PREM) $12k
    Hobbit (LE) $13k
    Led Zeppelin (LE) $14k
    MET (Pro) $8.5k
    Dialed In (SE) $9.9k
    POTC (CE) $17.5k
    Creature $8.8k
    GhostBusters (Pro) $8.5k
    Monster Bash $12k
    Judge Dredd $5.6k
    TMNT (Pro) $8.2k
    TMNT (PREM) $9.8k
    DeadPool (PREM) $12k
    EHOH (PREM) $14.5k
    Mousin Around $4.2k
    BSD (restored) $6.5k
    Hot Wheels $7.8k
    TWD (Pro) $8k
    STTNG $6.8k
    Batman (Super LE) $25k
    TSPP $8.5k
    GOTG (Pro) $8.2k
    BK (Stern Pro) $7.8k
    Tron (Pro) $10.2k
    Tron (Pro) $10k
    AMH $7.5k
    GOT (PREM) $13.5k
    LOTR (LE) $12.5k
    TOTAN $15k
    Fire $4.5k
    AFM $11.5k

#3560 2 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

On that topic of pinball prices, Tom_454 on maaca had put together a short list of prices he had recently seen, that list is from October 2021. Are those the going rates lately? Please feel free to correct/add to this, all in $CAD. Didn't include the typical +15% in the GTA area! Lol
    Hobbit (LE) $13k
    Led Zeppelin (LE) $14k
    MET (Pro) $8.5k
    Dialed In (SE) $9.9k
    POTC (CE) $17.5k
    Creature $8.8k
    GhostBusters (Pro) $8.5k
    Monster Bash $12k
    Judge Dredd $5.6k
    TMNT (Pro) $8.2k
    TMNT (PREM) $9.8k
    DeadPool (PREM) $12k
    EHOH (PREM) $14.5k
    Mousin Around $4.2k
    BSD (restored) $6.5k
    Hot Wheels $7.8k
    TWD (Pro) $8k
    STTNG $6.8k
    Batman (Super LE) $25k
    TSPP $8.5k
    GOTG (Pro) $8.2k
    BK (Stern Pro) $7.8k
    Tron (Pro) $10.2k
    Tron (Pro) $10k
    AMH $7.5k
    GOT (PREM) $13.5k
    LOTR (LE) $12.5k
    TOTAN $15k
    Fire $4.5k
    AFM $11.5k

There's no such thing as a going rate anymore. Lol

#3561 2 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Hobbit (LE) $13k
    Led Zeppelin (LE) $14k
    MET (Pro) $8.5k
    Dialed In (SE) $9.9k
    POTC (CE) $17.5k
    Creature $8.8k
    GhostBusters (Pro) $8.5k
    Monster Bash $12k
    Judge Dredd $5.6k
    TMNT (Pro) $8.2k
    TMNT (PREM) $9.8k
    DeadPool (PREM) $12k
    EHOH (PREM) $14.5k
    Mousin Around $4.2k
    BSD (restored) $6.5k
    Hot Wheels $7.8k
    TWD (Pro) $8k
    STTNG $6.8k
    Batman (Super LE) $25k
    TSPP $8.5k
    GOTG (Pro) $8.2k
    BK (Stern Pro) $7.8k
    Tron (Pro) $10.2k
    Tron (Pro) $10k
    AMH $7.5k
    GOT (PREM) $13.5k
    LOTR (LE) $12.5k
    TOTAN $15k
    Fire $4.5k
    AFM $11.5k

You have Tron pro listed twice, and both are low. The only Tron that didn't sell well was the one in Quebec.

Also, it's very subjective because it's one of those titles that can be modded to the 9's. (Of course, mods are only values by the buyer, and is a hard to discuss topic for some)

Tron Le's are listing upwards of 22-25k usd, which also makes no sense to me.

I'm not trying to price pump, but I believe the pro to be worth more than that based on sales history being 10k+ at the beginning of covid and now game prices are on fire.

#3562 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

There's no such thing as a going rate anymore. Lol

Lol
    Fomo+

Quoted from Meegis:

You have Tron pro listed twice, and both are low. The only Tron that didn't sell well was the one in Quebec.
    Also, it's very subjective because it's one of those titles that can be modded to the 9's. (Of course, mods are only values by the buyer, and is a hard to discuss topic for some)
    Tron Le's are listing upwards of 22-25k usd, which also makes no sense to me.
    I'm not trying to price pump, but I believe the pro to be worth more than that based on sales history being 10k+ at the beginning of covid and now game prices are on fire.

Tron was listed twice because two had recently sold at the time I believe. Hey, it's just a list to start some sort discussion on this, myself I have no idea anymore on what to expect price wise!

#3563 2 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Stranger Things (PREM) $12k (ok)
    Hobbit (LE) $13k (high)
    Led Zeppelin (LE) $14k (high, but some will get it)
    MET (Pro) $8.5k (low)
    Dialed In (SE) $9.9k (high, le goes for 10.5)
    POTC (CE) $17.5k (maybe usd)
    Creature $8.8k (couldn't say, too much nostalgia on bally Williams)
    GhostBusters (Pro) $8.5k (ok)
    Monster Bash $12k (high for original, but ok depending on which remake trim)
    Judge Dredd $5.6k (normal)
    TMNT (Pro) $8.2k (sure)
    TMNT (PREM) $9.8k (maybe)
    DeadPool (PREM) $12k (good luck finding one)
    EHOH (PREM) $14.5k (ok but no idea why)
    Mousin Around $4.2k (seems high)
    BSD (restored) $6.5k (restored will cost more)
    Hot Wheels $7.8k (sure, still available nib too)
    TWD (Pro) $8k (just barely low)
    STTNG $6.8k (way low, not gonna find one)
    Batman (Super LE) $25k (find one and see)
    TSPP $8.5k (low, but possible)
    GOTG (Pro) $8.2k (about right, but nib available will push price up)
    BK (Stern Pro) $7.8k (don't know, don't care)
    Tron (Pro) $10.2k ( lower end, but maybe without key mods)
    Tron (Pro) $10k (if you mean le, it's $20k+)
    AMH $7.5k (seems right but not a great game)
    GOT (PREM) $13.5k (high, le is about the same price)
    LOTR (LE) $12.5k (maybe)
    TOTAN $15k (way high, crazy unless restored)
    Fire $4.5k (meh)
    AFM $11.5k( depends which trim, but do you mean original, this is high)

Here is my revision of your list, not with pricing, but my eye on the market here.

#3564 2 years ago

some are right , some are low

#3565 2 years ago

Prices are still the asking price.
    They may have taken a little less, dogecoin...
    At least there are some nice titles available inside the border.

#3566 2 years ago

Without knowing the back story my easy solution is I have the game wrapped and strapped at the door and when the unvaccinated arrives I'll dolly it out for you. If summertime, it will be sitting on the deck.

#3567 2 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Here is my revision of your list, not with pricing, but my eye on the market here.

I like those comments, lol.

#3568 2 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

some are right , some are low

Actually, I'm more and more under the impression that the best thing to do lately is to buy NIB..

#3569 2 years ago

The most amazing thing to me is the super common Stern Pro's. Your ACDC, MET, GOTG, TWD, Ghostbusters, GOT, they literally made these till they just could not find another person to buy one. These were super mobile pins in the market. They came off route people bought them got bored and sold them. I just do not understand why they are demanding such a premium.

#3570 2 years ago

Agree I can’t believe people pay the prices they do for those titles in particular I get it with the newer machines as it is supply and demand but anything in that era there are plenty around and not sure how sellers are convincing people to pay the amount they are as the machines are a dime a dozen to find.

Quoted from Darscot:

The must amazing thing to me is the super common Stern Pro's. Your ACDC, MET, GOTG, TWD, Ghostbusters, GOT, they literally made these till they just could not find another person to buy one. These were super mobile pins in the market. They came off route people bought them got bored and sold them. I just do not understand why they are demanding such a premium.

#3571 2 years ago

I searching for a twd for a while for a realistic price and i just cant find one.

I could care less about the other titles.
    I just love the vibe of twd.

#3572 2 years ago
    Quoted from Paseb:

I searching for a twd for a while for a realistic price and i just cant find one.
    I could care less about the other titles.
    I just love the vibe of twd.

My theory is over the last about 2 years there has a large influx into the hobby. I know when I came in my pins didn't go out, I thought they were all here forever. Then after a couple years you level up from noobhood and your line up gets full then pins go out when new ones come in. I figure in another year or so things will get back to normal when all the new blood starts to shake up their lineups. They have put like a temporary freeze on those super common pins. It's not just Stern Pro's they are just an obvious example. It's funny a portion of this place would go mad with every new Stern, but an equal portion would be yeah yeah I'll just pick one up in a couple months when they flood the market. Now there is a larger portion that believe if I don't buy now I will never get a chance.

#3573 2 years ago

My covid money plus the sale of my 3 B titles got me into 2 great titles.
    Now I am just riding the wave.

#3574 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

My theory is over the last about 2 years there has a large influx into the hobby. I know when I came in my pins didn't go out, I thought they were all here forever. Then after a couple years you level up from noobhood and your line up gets full then pins go out when new ones come in. I figure in another year or so things will get back to normal when all the new blood starts to shake up their lineups. They have put like a temporary freeze on those super common pins. It's not just Stern Pro's they are just an obvious example. It's funny a portion of this place would go mad with every new Stern, but an equal portion would be yeah yeah I'll just pick one up in a couple months when they flood the market. Now there is a larger portion that believe if I don't buy now I will never get a chance.

i must be an exception, but i hate all the new pins with big LCD.

i like the older 90s pin. I collect bunch of old honda bikes, ct70, z50, motra, motocompo, ez cub 90, ysr50, etc etc. and drive a porsche 993.

it's old school for me.

it's just bad for me who got recently in the hobby.

#3575 2 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

My covid money plus the sale of my 3 B titles got me into 2 great titles.
    Now I am just riding the wave.

hope you didnt sell CV to fund a recent pin hehe

#3576 2 years ago

I haven’t seen a YSR 50/80 in so long! I loved the one I had(50)!

Quoted from Paseb:i must be an exception, but i hate all the new pins with big LCD.
    i like the older 90s pin. I collect bunch of old honda bikes, ct70, z50, motra, motocompo, ez cub 90, ysr50, etc etc. and drive a porsche 993.
    it's old school for me.
    it's just bad for me who got recently in the hobby.

#3577 2 years ago

I got 3x
    2x that i ride and 1x in my office (81km original)

1244F48F-EC60-426E-AF5A-8AA1E904A028 (resized).jpeg1244F48F-EC60-426E-AF5A-8AA1E904A028 (resized).jpeg7A71DA94-ECE3-4971-B615-46265FC19E52 (resized).jpeg7A71DA94-ECE3-4971-B615-46265FC19E52 (resized).jpeg
    #3578 2 years ago

sell all those and fill the space with pinball machines !

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3579 2 years ago
    Quoted from Paseb:

I got 3x
    2x that i ride and 1x in my office (81km original)[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s awesome! Quite jealous! Nice Porsche as well!

#3580 2 years ago
    Quoted from Paseb:

I got 3x
    2x that i ride and 1x in my office (81km original)[quoted image][quoted image]

Amazing! I rode a CBR600 at the time and I used to love seeing these little buggers pull up to light. They would be tons of fun in a huge parking lot. Love the 911 as well. I no longer have the bike but the caged 911 will be a staple in my garage. Beauty bikes!!

#3581 2 years ago

Thanks guys.

If you like porsche and some racing with them, i have a small youtube channel with some of my previous races.
    Unfortunately, i sold my race car in 2021 due to covid(no races), new born and probably a 2nd one on his way shortly.

Some races in the usa race tracks, mosport and mont tremblant.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1oii6K5t0L4v2ZprRy76Lw/videos

2F384165-85DA-4841-9098-DBC14E97E34A (resized).jpeg2F384165-85DA-4841-9098-DBC14E97E34A (resized).jpegE92E804E-8EF7-476F-873A-010B2870E5EB (resized).jpegE92E804E-8EF7-476F-873A-010B2870E5EB (resized).jpeg
    #3582 2 years ago

Another Checkpoint owner...

#3583 2 years ago

Paseb you would appreciate these , my brother's race car 2018 GT3RS , runs it a Canadian Tire Motorsports Park

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #3584 2 years ago

That’s a beauty. What’s the affiliation with the Rangers?

#3585 2 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

Paseb you would appreciate these , my brother's race car 2018 GT3RS , runs it a Canadian Tire Motorsports Park [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My dream hehe
    Thx for sharing

#3586 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Thinking out loud, i might have a nice ysr50 for trade for your new coming twd

#3587 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

his two sons play AAA hockey for the local town the Oakville Rangers , 16 and 98 are their jersey numbers

#3588 2 years ago
    Quoted from Paseb:

Thinking out loud, i might have a nice ysr50 for trade for your new coming twd

Hahaha no chance. My Streetbike riding days are behind me. Wouldn’t mind picking up a 600cc track bike at some point. I ride off-road for the time being. Interesting offer though.

Quoted from luch:

his two sons play AAA hockey for the local town the Oakville Rangers , 16 and 98 are their jersey numbers

I live in Oakville, guys on my beer league team all have kids that play with AA and AAA rangers and many of them coach.

Not sure they have seen the 911 though. Beauty

#3589 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Hahaha no chance. My Streetbike riding days are behind me. Wouldn’t mind picking up a 600cc track bike at some point. I ride off-road for the time being. Interesting offer though.

I live in Oakville, guys on my beer league team all have kids that play with AA and AAA rangers and many of them coach.
    Not sure they have seen the 911 though. Beauty

I'm gonna guess the gt3 isn't street driven

#3590 2 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

Paseb you would appreciate these , my brother's race car 2018 GT3RS , runs it a Canadian Tire Motorsports Park [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I want to know the affiliation with Chopard! Free watches for life?

#3591 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

The most amazing thing to me is the super common Stern Pro's. Your ACDC, MET, GOTG, TWD, Ghostbusters, GOT, they literally made these till they just could not find another person to buy one. These were super mobile pins in the market. They came off route people bought them got bored and sold them. I just do not understand why they are demanding such a premium.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/128900

Anyone for a $12,000 usd GOT pro?

#3592 2 years ago

Well it does have a bunch of celebrities that signed it, so probably why the value is so high thou it doesn’t add any value to me personally.

#3593 2 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

I'm gonna guess the gt3 isn't street driven

No Definitely not. I was referring to the YSR50 offer.

#3594 2 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Well it does have a bunch of celebrities that signed it, so probably why the value is so high thou it doesn’t add any value to me personally.

Update: down to 10 grand

#3595 2 years ago
    Quoted from RumRunner9:

Update: down to 10 grand

Guess retirement will need to wait...

#3596 2 years ago

Does anyone know if there's like a network or collective of home pinball machine owners in Toronto?

I got a NIB Hot Wheels last year (my first pin) and would be curious if people ever trade machines for a few months just to rotate in something fresh once in a while

#3597 2 years ago
    Quoted from RYE_:

Does anyone know if there's like a network or collective of home pinball machine owners in Toronto?
    I got a NIB Hot Wheels last year (my first pin) and would be curious if people ever trade machines for a few months just to rotate in something fresh once in a while

with the value of new machines , most likely no

#3598 2 years ago

It's not that I don't trust me to baby your game. I just don't trust anyone with my stuff.

#3599 2 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

It's not that I don't trust me to baby your game. I just don't trust anyone with my stuff.

I agree with that statement. Nobody looks after your stuff like you.

#3600 2 years ago
    Quoted from RYE_:

Join a league like TOPL or the other. Isn't Lurch president

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.