(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 85 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 95.
    #3401 2 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Lol they to clip polks to existing subs, some of us need a bit of extra length know what I mean

#3402 2 years ago

Lol they to clip polks to existing subs, some of us need a bit of extra length know what I mean

Just buy the alligator clips and make your own with speaker wire. VERY VERY easy to do, no special tools needed either.

A small plier (needle nose is best) to fold the alligator tabs, thats it. You can strip the wire with any knife if you dont have a proper stripper/cutter.

If you need instructions, Im sure many can happily help out.

#3403 2 years ago

Good idea. Probably cheapest and best way. Seems all the pre made ones only 1m.

#3404 2 years ago

Yes, yes I do

1 week later
    #3405 2 years ago

Anyone got a source for CP100 in Canada that will ship?

#3406 2 years ago

Nitro Pinball

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Anyone got a source for CP100 in Canada that will ship?

#3407 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'm looking to get a few stools for in front of the arcade and multicade and don't want to spend alot. Don't care on subject matter. Any leads on where to buy?

[quoted image]

Try princess auto, might not be the best but will be priced right.

#3408 2 years ago

Also, best buy had Marvel and co. stools and such, like Turtles on their website for $99 maybe a while back?

#3409 2 years ago

I ordered my arcade1up stools for $90 each (Pac-Man, Marvel, Galaxian, and Star Wars) from the brick. I picked them up same day.

#3410 2 years ago

I like the shop stool style but wife likes stools with backs on them. Picked up this style at Canadian tire on black Friday a few years back for $50. Should have grabbed a few more as I haven't seen them that cheap since.

20211124_105719.jpg20211124_105719.jpg
    #3411 2 years ago

There’s a place in Toronto: Brightside Curtom Powder Coating and he completely understands pinball. Turn around was quick.

Got my JP and TSPP. JP is even nicer but I only have TSPP photos at the moment.

47A428AA-5F85-413A-AC0B-D07948AFB38E (resized).jpeg47A428AA-5F85-413A-AC0B-D07948AFB38E (resized).jpeg6F7D2741-18E8-4C65-9690-69924A323E8B (resized).jpeg6F7D2741-18E8-4C65-9690-69924A323E8B (resized).jpegABF65000-C6D9-4369-BC61-E3920E499073 (resized).jpegABF65000-C6D9-4369-BC61-E3920E499073 (resized).jpegF5A6D5D4-B7EE-425A-9A12-5A5A9C32B23D (resized).jpegF5A6D5D4-B7EE-425A-9A12-5A5A9C32B23D (resized).jpeg
    #3412 2 years ago

Looks good!

#3413 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

There’s a place in Toronto: Brightside Curtom Powder Coating and he completely understands pinball. Turn around was quick.
    Got my JP and TSPP. JP is even nicer but I only have TSPP photos at the moment. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Costs? Thanks.

#3414 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Got my JP and TSPP. JP is even nicer but I only have TSPP photos at the moment. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great. Do you have to strip them or can they just powder coat overtop?

I have some DDR bars I wouldn't mind getting done along with my pin.

#3415 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

That looks great. Do you have to strip them or can they just powder coat overtop?

They would have to sandblast them down then powdercoat

#3416 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

They would do it as part of their service. You just bring the parts as is to the powdercoater. Few I have done.

62B514AA-EACD-41B0-B703-5273543CF70B (resized).jpeg62B514AA-EACD-41B0-B703-5273543CF70B (resized).jpegA9F4429F-153B-412D-8F1F-09B72CD72E8B (resized).jpegA9F4429F-153B-412D-8F1F-09B72CD72E8B (resized).jpeg
    #3417 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Do you have to strip them

The rails on newer sterns have to be stripped first as the metal is to thin to blast old powder off.

#3418 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

They would do it as part of their service. You just bring the parts as is to the powdercoater. Few I have done.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! That Elvis machine is sharp! Looks amazing!

#3419 2 years ago

I know i wasn't the only one who said... thank you, thank you very much!

*That purple on MET is sweeet too!

#3420 2 years ago

Anyone in Saskatoon making a Black Friday comet order tomorrow? A friend wants to order 12, 25 packs and split on shipping

#3421 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Anyone in Saskatoon making a Black Friday comet order tomorrow? A friend wants to order 12, 25 packs and split on shipping

I believe it's still cheaper to choose 100 packs (even though they still come in 25x4) if I remember correctly

#3422 2 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

I believe it's still cheaper to choose 100 packs (even though they still come in 25x4) if I remember correctly

59.00 for 100 pack or 48.50 after discounts for four 25 packs tomorow

#3423 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

LOL, makes sense!

#3424 2 years ago

I would only get into to grab a couple spotlights and/or a handful of those mega bright bulbs for them.

#3425 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

Wow! That Elvis machine is sharp! Looks amazing!

Thanks, took a chance as haven’t seen one done in red before, always gold.

#3426 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Looks good. Price depends on what you get done. If you just wanted the Hinge, rails and legs it’s around 250 I think. I did a lot of parts so I think i was $700 for both pins.

JP- Apron, Speaker Grill, Coin Door, Rails, Hinge, Legs

TSPP- same as above but I added the mono-rail and the habitrails. (No speaker grill)

#3427 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I would only get into to grab a couple spotlights and/or a handful of those mega bright bulbs for them.

Dave Astill in Ontario is having a black friday sale on all Roms and LED's.. maybe check his list first..I'm putting an order in before Monday as well but going to order through him.

#3428 2 years ago

Jeff Attwood and I did a thing! and then Josh Brown talked about it online! ...lol

The White North Retro Data East noise filters are now Live on Pinball Life for $39.95usd!
    https://www.pinballlife.com/data-east-noisehum-filter.html

WNR HB001 (resized).jpgWNR HB001 (resized).jpgWNR HB001 Front (resized).jpgWNR HB001 Front (resized).jpg
    #3429 2 years ago

I bet most of the people buying on Pinball Life won't even know where Alberta is lol... Congrats!!!

Quoted from ChanceKJ:

Jeff Attwood and I did a thing! and then Josh Brown talked about it online! ...lol
    The White North Retro Data East noise filters are now Live on Pinball Life for $39.95usd!
    https://www.pinballlife.com/data-east-noisehum-filter.html

#3430 2 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

I bet most of the people buying on Pinball Life won't even know where Alberta is lol... Congrats!!!

You're probably right, thats why we put it on the board.

#3431 2 years ago

Black Friday sale . Located in Canada . Inexpensive shipping.

flyer (resized).jpgflyer (resized).jpg
    #3432 2 years ago

I had some time to finally get in and try to get both my pins to 100%
    When I called an area repair place they were not really concerned about my pins issue until it was in house. (too bad, a little effort here could have had me book that day)
    I paid someone to fix my pin and have to research how in the past, but never to a 'repair shop'.
    They seemed more interested in fixing older SS than my newer Stern.
    Luckily, what I was hoping would work, did.
    I guess I will do my mods on my own.

#3433 2 years ago

That's a very Canadian way of expressing your disappointment with a local comminity member & a repair company by gently throwing them under the bus.. all the while not disclosing their identity to actually embarrass them or be called out on your misunderstanding of the whole situation! Now exhale & go crush a white-claw or two!

Ps- stay off the home made mods!

#3434 2 years ago

what else is up canada?! How many of you pinheads from out east planning to come out to yegpin next year?!

#3435 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

what else is up canada?! How many of you pinheads from out east planning to come out to yegpin next year?!

Would love to, just need to see if it's possible.

#3436 2 years ago

I’m definitely coming to yegpin unless world is too f’ed still

#3437 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I think i'd be coming, but the timing in the middle of summer blows for me. Was excited it was early May or whatever last attempt.

I'm off to Minnedosa for the Classic Rock weekend for Aug long.

#3438 2 years ago

Can’t wait to be there

#3439 2 years ago

For those participating in the Secret Santa, someone just received a Godzilla Pro! Pretty crazy.

#3440 2 years ago

I think i'd be coming, but the timing in the middle of summer blows for me. Was excited it was early May or whatever last attempt.
    I'm off to Minnedosa for the Classic Rock weekend for Aug long.

I've been to the Classic Rock Weekend.. goood times for sure. There used to be a tractor/trailer that would slowely roll thru every camping section.. always made for great entertainment!

#3441 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I've been to the Classic Rock Weekend.. goood times for sure. There used to be a tractor/trailer that would slowely roll thru every camping section.. always made for great entertainment!

Yeah, I haven't gone in 20 years. Went '99 - '01

#3442 2 years ago

That's about when i went! I remember seeing CCR ! (without john fogerty tho) i also heard they stopped the tractor rides after someone fell off and was ran over in the process

#3443 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

That's about when i went! I remember seeing CCR ! (without john fogerty tho) i also heard they stopped the tractor rides after someone fell off and was ran over in the process

Yeah, you're right. We had a beer together man, don't you remember?

Dang, should take this to PM, lol

#3444 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Yeah, you're right. We had a beer together man, don't you remember?
    Dang, should take this to PM, lol

C'mon guys, cut the bullsh*t. This definitely sounds like a "if you remember it, you weren't there" kind of experience.

1 week later
    #3445 2 years ago

Phantom Amusements in the Forks in Winnipeg still open? Still have pins?

Have a few hours to burn before flying home, was planning on stopping by.

#3446 2 years ago
    Quoted from Engine09:

Phantom Amusements in the Forks in Winnipeg still open? Still have pins?
    Have a few hours to burn before flying home, was planning on stopping by.

Yes! Phantom Amusement is usually open from noon to 9 or 10 depending on the day. Currently they have 17-18 pins setup including a Godzilla Premium. If you check them out on Instagram they post the hours they will be open every day.

#3447 2 years ago

Great, just wanted to be sure, thanks.

Definitely hitting them up.

#3448 2 years ago
    Quoted from 1979wade:

Yes! Phantom Amusement is usually open from noon to 9 or 10 depending on the day. Currently they have 17-18 pins setup including a Godzilla Premium. If you check them out on Instagram they post the hours they will be open every day.

I'm from Winnipeg originally and love going to Phantom whenever I visit.
    I remember for the longest time, it was either play the small handful of pins around town in varying condition or, if it was summer, drive all the way up to Winnipeg Beach to the Boardwalk Station Arcade. Had a great selection of '90s games there, at least. Do Halfmoon and Skinners still have a few games?

#3449 2 years ago

Yes, phantom looks awesome! Definitely want to get there to play all them beauties and support them.. ill probably leave the Roughriders jersey at home tho!

#3450 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Yes, phantom looks awesome! Definitely want to get there to play all them beauties and support them.. ill probably leave the Roughriders jersey at home tho!

That's good advice wherever you travel...

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/69?hl=wolv3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.