(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 83 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 95.
    #3301 2 years ago

I have bought a few,
    No luck
    Maybe if I bought like 5+ tickets like the crazies...

#3302 2 years ago

Hi guys,

Anyone get their GnR LE from P1 recently?

If so, what was your pre-order date?

Just trying to gauge my April order delivery expectation.

Thanks.

#3303 2 years ago
    Quoted from lemmings418:

Hi guys,
    Anyone get their GnR LE from P1 recently?
    If so, what was your pre-order date?
    Just trying to gauge my April order delivery expectation.
    Thanks.

Playing the JJP playfield russian roulette game. Respect

#3304 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Playing the JJP playfield russian roulette game. Respect
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"d0c11eb6a994fed6619dff435f9f0aec1a2feb2c-1631844977-1800"};
    //]]>

It doesn’t help that you are constantly in 6 ball multi ball and game times are generally over 10 minutes. One game is like ten games on any other title.

#3305 2 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

It doesn’t help that you are constantly in 6 ball multi ball and game times are generally over 10 minutes. One game is like ten games on any other title.

Haha. Still haven't tried one but everyone comments that the game is a multiball fest. Maybe that's why I prefer older titles where multiball is earned as a way to a replay instead of giving them away as part of the experience

#3306 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Haha. Still haven't tried one but everyone comments that the game is a multiball fest. Maybe that's why I prefer older titles where multiball is earned as a way to a replay instead of giving them away as part of the experience

So......I take that as a no then??.......

Just getting back into pinball after many years. I have four older B/Ws in the collection getting some much needed upgrade love after many years.

I am finally in a place in my life to get a NIB.

When I saw that LZ (fav band) was coming out by Ritchie (fav designer), it was it was like it was meant to be.

But I was so underwhelmed by what I saw and played.

And now with Mando and Godzilla's PACKED playfields, makes you wonder how much of the LZ BOM cost was the license.

Look, I'm not into the whole LZ vs GnR thing.

What I saw in GnR, just impressed me.

I'm not a purist by any stretch but I'm sure it will wow people when they come over, like the current lineup does today.

#3307 2 years ago
    Quoted from lemmings418:

So......I take that as a no then??.......
    Just getting back into pinball after many years. I have four older B/Ws in the collection getting some much needed upgrade love after many years.
    I am finally in a place in my life to get a NIB.
    When I saw that LZ (fav band) was coming out by Ritchie (fav designer), it was it was like it was meant to be.
    But I was so underwhelmed by what I saw and played.
    And now with Mando and Godzilla's PACKED playfields, makes you wonder how much of the LZ BOM cost was the license.
    Look, I'm not into the whole LZ vs GnR thing.
    What I saw in GnR, just impressed me.
    I'm not a purist by any stretch but I'm sure it will wow people when they come over, like the current lineup does today.

I can't say on the new gnr as I haven't played it, but have seen enough people complain about the poor playfield quality and sending washers out as fixes for chipped playfields as reasons to avoiding JJP right now. I love music pins with MET and acdc in my top 10 favorite pins ever. Love the data east gnr. Haven't played Zep yet either but Zep and Sabbath are my two favorite pre 80s bands. Prsonally I'd go JP/DP premium nib or wait for whatever band that interests you/next in line to be made by Stern or Spooky.

#3308 2 years ago

My GnR will be here in 2ish weeks from Nitro. Playing the roulette game as well.

#3309 2 years ago

Ive been up to date on all the pooling/chipping/cracking as well.

Still diving in.

No machine is, nor will stay, perfect.

#3310 2 years ago
    Quoted from lemmings418:

Still diving in.

living up to your Pinside name!

#3311 2 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

living up to your Pinside name!

Now THAT was funny!

#3312 2 years ago

Who is looking forward to the Rush pinball machine? Be nice to have a game based on the music of one of Canada's greatest bands (IMO). Hopefully they focus on the earlier material.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #3313 2 years ago

Im 45 and missed the Rush train. I've never been a fan of their music but i'm also equally not excited for the possibility of a queen pin either! I do really want a black sabbath pin tho if that helps any! Cheers tho

#3314 2 years ago

Yeah, but I want the Born Again Black Sabbath (Ian Gillan) pin, with Dio and Ozzy, just too much getting left out.

#3315 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Im 45 and missed the Rush train. I've never been a fan of their music but i'm also equally not excited for the possibility of a queen pin either! I do really want a black sabbath pin tho if that helps any! Cheers tho

I’m a year younger, feel the same way about Rush. But I would pass on a Black Sabbath too. Did you say Pearl Jam! I would buy a Pro, Premium, and an LE.

I did meet Getty Lee coming home from the Rock and Roll hall of fame inductee ceremony when Pearl Jam and Journey got inducted. He was there also. Very nice guy. Although I never got into Rush I appreciate their talent and Neil Peart was phenomenal.

My hangover was incredible so this selfie Hertz.
    A924B201-9C4C-4ECD-8C04-84E76B6B0EC4 (resized).jpegA924B201-9C4C-4ECD-8C04-84E76B6B0EC4 (resized).jpeg

#3316 2 years ago

Rush sucks.

Geddy Lee’s voice sounds like a burlap sack filled with feral cats in heat, being constantly sprayed with a garden hose.

No thank you.

#3317 2 years ago

Does anybody have reason to travel into the US via Buffalo? Have a pin in Castile New York, [about one hour] that I have to get very soon. Really didn't expect another month of being closed. My buddy has a pair of Bills tickets I guess he can frame......sigh...

#3318 2 years ago

You can drive to Niagara, cross via taxi, rent a truck and drive back across.

Or just get a pin shipper to pick it up. Wouldn’t be that expensive. Not sure what that title is worth.

#3319 2 years ago

Or pay the guy to cross, Americans can. And give him $200 and your bills tix.

#3320 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

You can drive to Niagara, cross via taxi, rent a truck and drive back across.
    Or just get a pin shipper to pick it up. Wouldn’t be that expensive. Not sure what that title is worth.

I don't think this is accurate for a Canadian. They would not let you in on a land border. You could do the same if you fly to the nearest international airport and then drive back. Rental return would be another difficulty. Plus there is a ton of testing coming and going. It's not worth it. I'm in a similar position with an RV on a property near Seattle that I have not seen in almost two years. It's Brutal.

#3321 2 years ago

See if the person will pallet, strap, and wrap and ship it to you. Call CSA transportation and get quote, and use a broker to pay taxes and it should only cost you around $500 Canadian to get it shipped to you, that is the easiest way to do it. If I can get a machine shipped from New York to Edmonton for $500 then so should you.

Quoted from guard:

Does anybody have reason to travel into the US via Buffalo? Have a pin in Castile New York, [about one hour] that I have to get very soon. Really didn't expect another month of being closed. My buddy has a pair of Bills tickets I guess he can frame......sigh...

#3322 2 years ago
    Quoted from Manhattan:

I don't think this is accurate for a Canadian. They would not let you in on a land border. You could do the same if you fly to the nearest international airport and then drive back. Rental return would be another difficulty. Plus there is a ton of testing coming and going. It's not worth it. I'm in a similar position with an RV on a property near Seattle that I have not seen in almost two years. It's Brutal.

My apologies, you are right. I know there’s a system that people have been using. People take cabs to the boarder and walk across into the US. It’s perfectly legal.

Walk across, rent a small uhaul van and drop it off in Niagara Falls. Pain in the ass… yes. I would do it if I didn’t have any other options. Shipping would be #1 option.

#3323 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

My apologies, you are right. I know there’s a system that people have been using. People take cabs to the boarder and walk across into the US. It’s perfectly legal.
    Walk across, rent a small uhaul van and drop it off in Niagara Falls. Pain in the ass… yes. I would do it if I didn’t have any other options. Shipping would be #1 option.

I'm not trying to troll or create an argument but I think your still missing the main point... The US will not let foreigners into the country through a Canadian land border crossing unless you are an essential service (ie. truck driver). Flying in is the only way. I wish it were different and I'm probably compelled to reply here because I am fueled with frustration since we let our border open to them but it's not reciprocal.

On another note, Oakville is awesome. I used to live on Rebecca around 3rd Line during my teens. There is so much I miss about the GTA that you just don't find here on the west coast. Mostly of a cosmopolitan nature. Fortunately it is offset by some pretty outstanding geographical amenities that I take advantage of all year.

And oh yeah... GO JAYS!

#3324 2 years ago

I have a 100k race car to deliver to NY. Dont feel like paying a private transporter.

Damn closed border.

#3325 2 years ago
    Quoted from Paseb:

I have a 100k race car to deliver to NY. Dont feel like paying a private transporter.
    Damn closed border.

does it fly ! lol

#3326 2 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

does it fly ! lol

Maybe, it’s hella fast lol

#3327 2 years ago
    Quoted from Manhattan:

I'm not trying to troll or create an argument but I think your still missing the main point... The US will not let foreigners into the country through a Canadian land border crossing unless you are an essential service (ie. truck driver). Flying in is the only way. I wish it were different and I'm probably compelled to reply here because I am fueled with frustration since we let our border open to them but it's not reciprocal.
    On another note, Oakville is awesome. I used to live on Rebecca around 3rd Line during my teens. There is so much I miss about the GTA that you just don't find here on the west coast. Mostly of a cosmopolitan nature. Fortunately it is offset by some pretty outstanding geographical amenities that I take advantage of all year.
    And oh yeah... GO JAYS!

Just a small correction, pinpickle said you can walk across the border, and technically you can.

Pedestrian crossing is still allowed at the rainbow bridge, so it's not considered a land crossing. Vehicle crossing is prohibited.

It won't help bring a pinball back, but technically you can get across that way.

A lot of people are parking at the Niagara lots, walking across and taking taxis or Ubers to go shopping and then just walking back at the end of the day with their bags of stuff.

#3328 2 years ago

Just taking this appliance cart for a walk...

#3329 2 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Just taking this appliance cart for a walk...

I don't see how they can stop you if it's a legitimate purchase... Might be awkward, but not illegal

#3330 2 years ago

here you go !

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #3331 2 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Just a small correction, pinpickle said you can walk across the border, and technically you can.
    Pedestrian crossing is still allowed at the rainbow bridge, so it's not considered a land crossing. Vehicle crossing is prohibited.
    It won't help bring a pinball back, but technically you can get across that way.
    A lot of people are parking at the Niagara lots, walking across and taking taxis or Ubers to go shopping and then just walking back at the end of the day with their bags of stuff.

I guess you could walk across, rent an suv and drop off the suv on the Canadian side?

#3332 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

rent an suv and drop off the suv

in this city , this is not a cheap venture anymore ... car and truck rentals are double the price if you can find one! let alone if they will let you drop the vehicle in an other country!

#3333 2 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

technically you can.

Thank you.

People were doing that to fly out of Buffalo and avoid the hotel quarantine. 100% legal.

I believe you can rent a car/uhaul, and drive it back.

#3334 2 years ago
    Quoted from Manhattan:

And oh yeah... GO JAYS!

Im Rebecca and 4th line and we absolutely love it here. Grew up in a smaller city and lived in Toronto for 15 years. However, we spend 2 weeks in BC every year and almost pulled the trigger to move out west. Beautiful country.

#3335 2 years ago
    Quoted from guard:

Still good folks at this auction house...[I bought a Capt Card off of them about 4 years ago].....said they'll hold it at their location until the border opens again, no charge.

#3336 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Im Rebecca and 4th line and we absolutely love it here. Grew up in a smaller city and lived in Toronto for 15 years. However, we spend 2 weeks in BC every year and almost pulled the trigger to move out west. Beautiful country.

Hey Rebecca, nice to meet ya.. What exactly are you 4th in line for though?! Sounds lovely

#3337 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Hey Rebecca, nice to meet ya.. What exactly are you 4th in line for though?! Sounds lovely

Implants. 450cc’s of fun! See ya soon. Hahahaha

4 weeks later
    #3338 2 years ago

Anyone know if xpin displays flash for which player is up? Or are they always just solid?

#3339 2 years ago

Anyone connected polk subs using just alligator clips?

My understanding is two games can be connected to one sub and can simply clip to existing sub.

Trying to avoid soddering.

#3340 2 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

all my pins clipped on the game side ... wire striped and plugged into positive and negative on the woofer side !

#3341 2 years ago

My understanding is two games can be connected to one sub and can simply clip to existing sub.

Yes, clips would give you the same result.

2 games work fine as long as the sub has 2 high level inputs (not just RCA inputs).

#3342 2 years ago

Yes, but as mentioned above, you need the right sub.

Polk psw10 is the most commonly used, though other options are available.

#3343 2 years ago

With the caveat (unless I am mistaken) that you should only run one game at a time if 2 pins connected to one sub. For the price of a used psw10, I just get one for each of my pins.

Quoted from Aquapin:

Yes, clips would give you the same result.
    2 games work fine as long as the sub has 2 high level inputs (not just RCA inputs).

#3344 2 years ago
    Quoted from jedi42:

With the caveat (unless I am mistaken) that you should only run one game at a time if 2 pins connected to one sub. For the price of a used psw10, I just get one for each of my pins.

I have two games hooked to one Sub repeatedly and run them simultaneously all the time. Some subs are cheaper and still work fine.

#3345 2 years ago

I have pinnovators system. 4 pins connected to one sub. Stern/JJP doesn’t matter.

95% of the time I have on pin going at a time but it works if you have multiple. Can set the sub level for each pin on the control board. Highly recommend it. I have no issue spending $200 on a sub for each machine but in my situation it’s just not worth it.

#3346 2 years ago

I'm flying through Edmonton next week on my way to Kugluktuk. Are there any pins still at the airport? Where are they located?

#3347 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

I'm flying through Edmonton next week on my way to Kugluktuk. Are there any pins still at the airport? Where are they located?

They emptied that arcade room that was to the right of security, those were the only ones I knew of there. Calgary permanently closed two of three arcades and the tiny one that's left is blocked off due to covid.

#3348 2 years ago

Does anyone know a source in Canada for anti-glare pinball glass? I'm in Ontario so in the GTA would be best.

#3349 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Does anyone know a source in Canada for anti-glare pinball glass? I'm in Ontario so in the GTA would be best.

PlayerOne. I got my Stern HD Glass from them. It's stupid expensive (close to 400$ all in).

#3350 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

PlayerOne. I got my Stern HD Glass from them. It's stupid expensive (close to 400$ all in).

Wow... not sure I'm ready to spend that much for it, but thanks. Good to know.

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/67?hl=guard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.