(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 64 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 95.
    #3051 3 years ago

You mean my answer wasn't perfect?

Maybe you just need a less gamefied list. Maybe someone
    has hundreds of pinside accounts and jacks up the ratings before he or she sells a game.

https://www.ipdb.org/lists.cgi?anonymously=true&list=top300

#3052 3 years ago
    Quoted from pkrobin:

You mean my answer wasn't perfect?
    Maybe you just need a less gamefied list. Maybe someone
    has hundreds of pinside accounts and jacks up the ratings before he or she sells a game.
    https://www.ipdb.org/lists.cgi?anonymously=true&list=top300

Is that a real list LOL?

#3053 3 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

Is that a real list LOL?

Only one I look at

#3054 3 years ago
    Quoted from pkrobin:

Only one I look at

You realize there is nothing newer than 2017 on there.

That means you're missing 3 full years of pins (18,19,20)

Iron maiden is not in there, and other major games are missing too.

Your list is flawed. Majorly.

#3055 3 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

You realize there is nothing newer than 2017 on there.
    That means you're missing 3 full years of pins (18,19,20)
    Iron maiden is not in there, and other major games are missing too.
    Your list is flawed. Majorly.

All those games are in the database but you need to look them up individually because they don't have enough ratings to warrant a GOAT list.

So yeah I suppose it's not ideal but at least it's harder to manipulate in the short-term

#3056 3 years ago
    Quoted from pkrobin:

All those games are in the database but you need to look them up individually because they don't have enough ratings to warrant a GOAT list.
    So yeah I suppose it's not ideal but at least it's harder to manipulate in the short-term

Fair point. I just think it's major flaw considering the bangers coming out recently

Just my opinion though.

#3057 3 years ago

Tried to get some plastics from Pinbits, never could complete my order. Emailed, no reply. Has anyone ordered from them recently? Wondering if they are still in business..

#3058 3 years ago

Still looking for xenon playfield. Cpr or nos.

#3060 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Tried to get some plastics from Pinbits, never could complete my order. Emailed, no reply. Has anyone ordered from them recently? Wondering if they are still in business..

Hoping they are still in business. They have the best plastic protectors. I want to order a few. Let us know if you hear from them.

1 week later
    #3061 3 years ago

Looking for someone in the Regina area to pick up a envelope in Emerald Park for me. Shoot me a message if you can help me out.

Thanks

#3062 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Looking for someone in the Regina area to pick up a envelope in Emerald Park for me. Shoot me a message if you can help me out.
    Thanks

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #3063 3 years ago

A awesome pinsider offered to help me out. The Pinside community is the best

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Thanks

#3064 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

A awesome pinsider

..in Regina? I find that hard to believe. We're all a bunch of assholes!

#3065 3 years ago
    Quoted from shaub:

..in Regina? I find that hard to believe. We're all a bunch of assholes!

You'd think in a town with that name, you'd use a different body part as the insult.

#3066 3 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

You'd think in a town with that name, you'd use a different body part as the insult.

Funny thing is, it didn't have to be that way. The princess' name is pronounce rej-ee-nah.

The Newfies take the cake with Dildo though. lol.
    B.C. has Stoner and Spuzzum
    A.B. has Vulcan.
    Quebec has Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!
    Manitoba has Flin Flon

What exactly does a hat used for medicine look like?

#3067 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Funny thing is, it didn't have to be that way. The princess' name is pronounce rej-ee-nah.
    The Newfies take the cake with Dildo though. lol.
    B.C. has Stoner and Spuzzum
    A.B. has Vulcan.
    Quebec has Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!
    Manitoba has Flin Flon
    What exactly does a hat used for medicine look like?

Being in shipping my whole life, theres a section of Delta, BC with a bunch of distribution centers I've always been fond of.

Postal code: V4G1N4

Lots of places have interesting names and features.

#3068 3 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Lots of places have interesting names and features.

Always found Climax, SK a funny name. Intercourse, PA of course and there's a hwy sign just west of Edmonton by Hijack, Yo Wha Cho As

#3069 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Always found Climax, SK a funny name. Intercourse, PA of course and there's a hwy sign just west of Edmonton by Hijack, Yo Wha Cho As

I’ve made the drive down the I 5 maybe a dozen times to LA over the years. In northern Cal, there’s a town called Weed..had to get a magnet, and it’s been on the beer fridge a long time

F19278CA-1952-46CF-AF84-8BEABBAB1627 (resized).jpegF19278CA-1952-46CF-AF84-8BEABBAB1627 (resized).jpeg
    #3070 3 years ago

Selling my Junk Yard. Check it out on Kijiji Saskatchewan. Willing to ship if you make the arrangements. Depending on the timing, I can deliver and setup in Saskatchewan area for the right deal.

#3071 3 years ago

I went there a couple years ago ....anyone who goes has to for sure stop at one of the gift shops and have some street cooked Korean BBQ Chicken.

20180830_020059411_iOS (resized).jpg20180830_020059411_iOS (resized).jpg20180830_020951769_iOS (resized).jpg20180830_020951769_iOS (resized).jpg20180830_022354113_iOS (resized).jpg20180830_022354113_iOS (resized).jpg
    #3072 3 years ago

Just got the best gift from my girlfriend! Finally can carry all the important pinball tools and supplies! Merry Christmas to all!

20201225_191900 (resized).jpg20201225_191900 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #3073 3 years ago

Perfect canadian night for skating & Beaver Tails! Happy New Year from Ottawa folks!

20210103_173302 (resized).jpg20210103_173302 (resized).jpg20210103_173329 (resized).jpg20210103_173329 (resized).jpg20210103_190552 (resized).jpg20210103_190552 (resized).jpg20210103_190703 (resized).jpg20210103_190703 (resized).jpg
    #3074 3 years ago

did pretty boy Trudeau come out for selfies ?

#3075 3 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

did pretty boy Trudeau come out for selfies ?

Nah Luch, just us folks! That's fine with me!

#3076 3 years ago

Had the pleasure of being a guest on the Vancouver Island Pinball (VIP) podcast with Dan Bitterlich. Check it out if you want to hear an inside scoop on the next YEGPIN.

https://anchor.fm/vipinball-podcast/episodes/Episode-5----Alberta-bound-and-First-look-at-JJP-GNR-LE-eoi96b

#3077 3 years ago

well done bcrage. Your piece begins at the 41:00 minute mark - for those that want to skip ahead

#3078 3 years ago

Great job derek!

#3079 3 years ago

Thanks for the invite Saltimbanco

I got some mail today...

4F56D0A1-1AE5-49D3-858F-E937B3113005 (resized).jpeg4F56D0A1-1AE5-49D3-858F-E937B3113005 (resized).jpegF405D45A-611D-4B39-BBD9-9484D59503BB (resized).jpegF405D45A-611D-4B39-BBD9-9484D59503BB (resized).jpeg
    #3080 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Thanks for the invite saltimbanco
    I got some mail today...[quoted image][quoted image]

Damn, I don't get that in my mail!! Nice! I love the art on the wall..!

#3081 3 years ago

Thank you! There’s a lot not of that art in my basement. Lol

#3082 3 years ago

Hey all, wifey got me this, but it’s a but small for me. It’s a medium. I’m usually between a medium and large. And for this size I’m a large.
    Whoever wants this, can just pay for shipping and I’ll fire it off to whoever wants it?
    Pm me!

E0E2EBB1-EBB7-4B18-BE57-D1D89BBD3D52 (resized).jpegE0E2EBB1-EBB7-4B18-BE57-D1D89BBD3D52 (resized).jpeg
    Added over 3 years ago:

T-shirt claimed

I’ll mail it out to a beer drinker and pinballer

#3083 3 years ago

Any local (Edmonton and surrounding area) Pinsiders that would like or need some stern 4" backbox speakers? Have them kicking around after changing out from a Tron a number of years back. Doing some cleaning and realize I will never probably have any need for these. So free to anyone local who wants, or else they are hitting the trash can.

#3084 3 years ago

Got to play a couple hours of lz pro yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed it but i am a big zeppelin fan.

Won’t bore you with huge review just a few notes.

Sdtm is right you don’t need toys and mechs to make a great game.

The upper flipper on the pro doesn’t make much sense imo, even if you hit the target you will have a wild ball.

If you like AC/DC pinball and you like lz music you will like this game.

While you can technically hit the center ramp with upper flipper there is no reason to and it is not a natural shot. Best not to flip and trap on lower right flipper imo.

Game is super fast, ball rips around the ramps.

Yes pro is barren but I never once thought about it while playing. Was just focused on hitting ramps and combos.

Really enjoyed the lights and the mood on the pro, got me excited to experience the premium.

I would agree with the sentiment that lz shoots better than gnr but gnr looks prettier.

I’m not sure how I feel yet about the song continually playing, I’m used to games switching it up when you start a mb or mode, also it was different to count bonus and song never stopped. I didn’t hate it so maybe it’s just cuz it’s different, one plus is if you into the song and singing along you don’t lose the flow.

All that said obviously this game won’t be for everyone based on theme, the barren pf vs sterns last few pro offerings but I really loved it.

Ps I’m in on a premium day 1 and still in.

#3085 3 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Hey all, wifey got me this, but it’s a but small for me. It’s a medium. I’m usually between a medium and large. And for this size I’m a large.
    Whoever wants this, can just pay for shipping and I’ll fire it off to whoever wants it?
    Pm me!
    [quoted image]

So you have been drinking too many beers while playing pinball then

2 weeks later
    #3086 3 years ago

Anyone in Regina can help a fellow out with some legs. I sold a black hole last month to a guy in Regina and long story short the tried to steal it out of his basement. Good news they were unsuccessful but got away with keys and legs. He's not on pinside so i figure i reach out here and see if anyone has some legs locally he could purchase and get him back to playing his game.

#3087 3 years ago
    Quoted from Stretch7:

Anyone in Regina can help a fellow out with some legs. I sold a black hole last month to a guy in Regina and long story short the tried to steal it out of his basement. Good news they were unsuccessful but got away with keys and legs. He's not on pinside so i figure i reach out here and see if anyone has some legs locally he could purchase and get him back to playing his game.

Well that sucks, unfortunately I don't have any legs to spare.

#3088 3 years ago
    Quoted from Stretch7:

Wow trying to steal a Black Hole, these guys think a couple thousand bucks is worth it I guess. Risk vs reward these guys are obviously dumb as f***!

#3089 3 years ago

Pinballs are not easy to steal. Dumb criminals indeed. Surprised they even got the legs off.

#3090 3 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Pinballs are not easy to steal. Dumb criminals indeed. Surprised they even got the legs off.

Must have been surprised by the weight..

#3091 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

No shit!! 2 playfields and 2 backglasses on that puppy.

#3092 3 years ago
    Quoted from Stretch7:

I have a 4 extra legs laying around but I think one might be different length then the other 3. Maybe Dylan (archer600) would have 4 matching legs or between him and I we could get him a set. I travel home tomorrow for my week off I can have a better look at the ones I have then.

#3093 3 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Pinballs are not easy to steal.

Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Ya by the looks of it from pic i seen they got it to the back door with the head on and left it there.

Quoted from Pinhead306:

I have a 4 extra legs laying around but I think one might be different length then the other 3

Ok ill let him know...Thanks

#3094 3 years ago

I am sure i got some in stoon... always some folk driving back and forth... let me know if you need one or some pinhead306

#3095 3 years ago

Could always give Devron a shout [email protected]

He is a great guy to deal with and he is in Saskatoon

#3096 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead306:have a 4 extra legs laying around

PM Sent

Quoted from Berserk:

Could always give Devron a shout

Yes for sure but figured i start closer first

Thanks for all the help guys but i think we got something going now.

#3097 3 years ago

Anyone know what the proper legs are for gottlieb black hole?

#3098 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead306:

Anyone know what the proper legs are for gottlieb black hole?

PBResource seems to suggest 27" non-ribbed for Gottliebs of that era.

http://www.pbresource.com/legs.html

1 week later
    #3099 3 years ago

Any reasonable option for ordering titan mats in or to Canada? Cheapest shipping option titan offered me was $76!

#3100 3 years ago

That’s a good deal. That’s exactly what I wanted but shipping was outrageous. I was recommended Kangaroo standing mat on Amazon. I got them last week and holy crap! What a difference. I was stool shopping until I found these. Highly recommend.

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.