(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 95.
    #3001 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead306:

Regina Costco has a liquor store. Not sure of stoon but I would think they do.

Is it new? Also is it slga run? Do you get the good deals like Albertans? Saskatoon North definitely doesn't have one. Never been to the south location

#3002 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

With the amount of beer we go thru I can't afford to be a beer snob. Ha. Pil was cheapest this week. Too bad Costco doesn't have any liquor stores in Saskatchewan.

If you can afford pinball machines, you can upgrade your snobbery above Pil!

#3003 3 years ago

I purchased a GnR pinball from Jersey Jack. Just wondering if anyone knows if I'm going to be killed with duties coming over the border.

#3004 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveBen:

I purchased a GnR pinball from Jersey Jack. Just wondering if anyone knows if I'm going to be killed with duties coming over the border.

Good question. I would just order through Tommy. You'd probably get it faster that way.

#3005 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveBen:

Broker fee and your provincial taxes only.
    Or send it too me and pay 5% only.

#3006 3 years ago

Because of the broker fee you would save money by ordering from nitro. Also you would have support if you need it.

#3007 3 years ago

Thanks. I already paid the deposit so I think I am stuck.
    I'm a newbie and didn't even realize I could order it from Canada.

#3008 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveBen:

Thanks. I already paid the deposit so I think I am stuck.
    I'm a newbie and didn't even realize I could order it from Canada.

Ask them if you can go through Nitro pinball.
    I'm sure they won't care.

They would just deduct the deposit amount from the balance owed on the game.

#3009 3 years ago

Lol I’m sure they wouldn’t care...the company that sold out All theIr distributors less than two weeks ago for a few hundred more thousand dollars In the investors pockets.

I guess it’s worth a try though

#3010 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

If you can afford pinball machines, you can upgrade your snobbery above Pil!

Them fighting words around here. Lol. The bar here in my town would stock Pil at a two to one clip everyday before the pandemic. Usually my wife and I's Kokanee were standouts on the table.

Unfortunately I can't afford pinball anymore

Thankfully, I have a amazingly awesome friend who keeps me involved in the hobby! Going to meet up with him tomorrow and am so giddy I don't think I'll sleep well tonight. Xmas feeling

#3011 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Them fighting words around here. Lol. The bar here in my town would stock Pil at a two to one clip everyday before the pandemic. Usually my wife and I's Kokanee were standouts on the table.
    Unfortunately I can't afford pinball anymore
    Thankfully, I have a amazingly awesome friend who keeps me involved in the hobby! Going to meet up with him tomorrow and am so giddy I don't think I'll sleep well tonight. Xmas feeling

I grew up drinking pil straight from the Lethbridge brewery, so I'm pretty seasoned. You could do worse!

I hear ya about pricing. I stalled on getting funhouse and banzai run when I first got into this. Now I just can't pay the prices for system 11s. It's just too much $$ for what you get. Missed the bus

2 weeks later
    #3012 3 years ago

Pure comedy. Marco order arrives with customs sheet and “ unopened”. They classified it as vitamins/supplements. So it’s a box of pills according to their scan, but they don’t open it to check....

#3013 3 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

Pure comedy. Marco order arrives with customs sheet and “ unopened”. They classified it as vitamins/supplements. So it’s a box of pills according to their scan, but they don’t open it to check....

How was the shipping rate they charged you? I went to put an order in, and they wanted $124 shipping and $80 for customs. $200us on a $350us order. I thought they said they drastically improved their Canada shipping, but sadly I'm not seeing it.

#3014 3 years ago

$124 shipping on an order $350 order? Actually that has Improved

#3015 3 years ago
    Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

How was the shipping rate they charged you? I went to put an order in, and they wanted $124 shipping and $80 for customs. $200us on a $350us order. I thought they said they drastically improved their Canada shipping, but sadly I'm not seeing it.

I don’t understand why they don’t just use USPS first class international or priority? I ordered recently from Pinmonk, Doug’s light kits, Lit Frames, and Brian Allen’s art, all came with cheap USPS shipping no duties. Fuck Marcos and Mezel Mods for not using a shipping method that has proven to save Canadians lots of money. I have spoken with both those companies and neither of them gives a shit what I have to say.

#3016 3 years ago

Shipping was 20 on a 160 order. There's a certain way to do it on their site, it isn't well laid out though.

#3017 3 years ago

Change your address a couple different ways. Unless it’s a massive box or something.
    Sometimes I use my house address. Sometimes I use my box #.
    Also, phone them and see what you can hammer out

#3018 3 years ago

Has anyone here had it shipped to an American location? I have a buddy who said he'd receive it for me and then ship to Canada, but I can't seem to get the site to let me ship to an American address, but pay with a Canadian visa. But I'm sure others have done this with shipping to a border service before, so it must be possible.

#3019 3 years ago

Clearing customs myself by going to the Ottawa airport office, on something I ordered from pinballplating.com, saved me about $100cad for a shipped item worth about 250$us

#3020 3 years ago

Has anyone here had it shipped to an American location? I have a buddy who said he'd receive it for me and then ship to Canada, but I can't seem to get the site to let me ship to an American address, but pay with a Canadian visa. But I'm sure others have done this with shipping to a border service before, so it must be possible.

I believe the way around shipping into the US is to check off US Armed Forces.

#3021 3 years ago
    Quoted from 1979wade:

I believe the way around shipping into the US is to check off US Armed Forces.

Yeah, to ship to an American address with Canadian payment, I believe US Armed Forces has worked for me in the past. Or maybe I just contacted Marco directly and they made it happen...damn that was many a moon ago.

#3022 3 years ago

Every single mod guy on pinside or a website I have humbly asked for a real shipping cost instead of the "stock" price that's listed. 80%+ have said ok

#3023 3 years ago

Thanks for the help and advice everyone.
    Just as a bit of follow up:
    In the end, I had a good friend from Ohio offer to order the parts for me. He ordered them to his address, and then will ship them my way once they arrive to him. I couldn't use my Canadian paypal on the site to send to an American address, so he just used his and I paypal'd him back right after. I saved about $200-250 Canadian at the moment, so even when I go to pay for the shipping from Ohio to Manitoba, I should come out ahead quite nicely.
    I believe what made the biggest difference in my order was a set of stern lolipop side rails. if I didn't want those, I believe the shipping and duty to Canada was a fair bit better. Not sure if due to their dimensions, or what was the issue. But in the end I got the rails, along with 124 other parts haha.

#3024 3 years ago

Thanks for the help and advice everyone.
    Just as a bit of follow up:
    In the end, I had a good friend from Ohio offer to order the parts for me. He ordered them to his address, and then will ship them my way once they arrive to him. I couldn't use my Canadian paypal on the site to send to an American address, so he just used his and I paypal'd him back right after. I saved about $200-250 Canadian at the moment, so even when I go to pay for the shipping from Ohio to Manitoba, I should come out ahead quite nicely.
    I believe what made the biggest difference in my order was a set of stern lolipop side rails. if I didn't want those, I believe the shipping and duty to Canada was a fair bit better. Not sure if due to their dimensions, or what was the issue. But in the end I got the rails, along with 124 other parts haha.

Solid way to conduct business there, good for you! Thou, it may cost you a can of maple syrup here and there!

#3025 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Solid way to conduct business there, good for you! Thou, it may cost you a can of maple syrup here and there!

Haha the truth is just as Canadian. I’m sending him several packs of tim Horton trading cards as a Thank-you lol

1 week later
    #3026 3 years ago

Sooooo how tf do I play aiq pro?

#3027 3 years ago

Watch Raymond play it.

#3028 3 years ago

I did. Several times. Spin the thing. Start mode. Make many shots without missing. Repeat.

#3029 3 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Watch Raymond play it.

That's how to find out how the number 1 player in the world should play it. I'm not sure that his strategy is appropriate for us lowly commoners.

#3030 3 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Sooooo how tf do I play aiq pro?

Just shoot the flashing lights for awhile until you get bored, then sell it and buy DP.

#3031 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Just shoot the flashing lights for awhile until you get bored, then sell it and buy DP.

Or JP

#3032 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Ok these are the best answers! Lol yeah deadpool is pretty fun, maybe cuz it’s easier? Already have jp and still loving it, had almost a year now.

Maybe aiq is just too hard for me idk

#3033 3 years ago

Ya I would give up on it and just give to me. I will figure it out for you.

Ok these are the best answers! Lol yeah deadpool is pretty fun, maybe cuz it’s easier? Already have jp and still loving it, had almost a year now.

#3034 3 years ago

Secret skill shot for 1st portal lock, 4 combos for your second portal lock, start Reality Gem. With this strategy I always end up with at least 100mil. Don't forget that the bank targets can also get you a portal lock and I believe your 10th combo does as well. Focusing on Portal locks has been the easiest strategy for me to get a good score. All the other nuances of the game will be revealed and then you can start focussing on other strategies.

#3035 3 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

Secret skill shot for 1st portal lock, 4 combos for your second portal lock, start Reality Gem. With this strategy I always end up with at least 100mil. Don't forget that the bank targets can also get you a portal lock and I believe your 10th combo does as well. Focusing on Portal locks has been the easiest strategy for me to get a good score. All the other nuances of the game will be revealed and then you can start focussing on other strategies.

Yay I real answer lol. Thank you. I had been noticing portal locks seem to be important, also has a 2x scoring that Raymond touched on too.

#3036 3 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Ya I would give up on it and just give to me. I will figure it out for you.

Sure I’ll bring it to Yegpin 2022

#3037 3 years ago

Nice, we can only hope!!!!

Sure I’ll bring it to Yegpin 2022

#3038 3 years ago

From watching the streams I thought it would be too easy. Endlessly looping the centre ramp, over, and over, and over, and over...

Maybe it was because the top players on the planet were playing it, but looked pretty boring...

#3039 3 years ago

Can anyone explain what changed from the beginning of the year to now on Elivra EHOH. The code change that much where it's now ranked as a top 5 game on Pinside? I played it after it was about 1-3 months after release and thought decent but not that good. Maybe I need to try playing it again and see?

#3040 3 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

Can anyone explain what changed from the beginning of the year to now on Elivra EHOH. The code change that much where it's now ranked as a top 5 game on Pinside? I played it after it was about 1-3 months after release and thought decent but not that good. Maybe I need to try playing it again and see?

I've never seen one in person, mostly due to my location, and covid, BUT everyone seems to adore that pin

#3041 3 years ago

I think it is a good game but i would struggle to say top 5. I am a fan of the Elvira theme and have all 3. I think it is a combination of having a shortage of supply and the good fortune of having quite a few code updates. I have yet to see another newer game have the number of code updates that Lyman has cranked out for Elvira - it keeps the excitement level up and the game on peoples radar. The toys and layout are well done and other than the VUK being poorly designed the game flows nice. Personally i like the chaos of iron maiden better.

#3042 3 years ago
    Quoted from Birdnest:

I think it is a good game but i would struggle to say top 5. I am a fan of the Elvira theme and have all 3. I think it is a combination of having a shortage of supply and the good fortune of having quite a few code updates. I have yet to see another newer game have the number of code updates that Lyman has cranked out for Elvira - it keeps the excitement level up and the game on peoples radar. The toys and layout are well done and other than the VUK being poorly designed the game flows nice. Personally i like the chaos of iron maiden better.

I played it on location and found that it shot well. I'm always a fan of Lyman, so the code was good even back then. Felt like an above average Stern to me. Nothing really to overly criticize, but nothing to overly praise.

I'm not really into sexualized grandmothers, but I guess the theme is okay.

#3043 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I played it on location and found that it shot well. I'm always a fan of Lyman, so the code was good even back then. Felt like an above average Stern to me. Nothing really to overly criticize, but nothing to overly praise.
    I'm not really into sexualized grandmothers, but I guess the theme is okay.

GILF

#3045 3 years ago

Lyman plus it’s just a fun game. Not overly complicated with easy goals for beginners and lots of modes for more advanced players.

#3046 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

From watching the streams I thought it would be too easy. Endlessly looping the centre ramp, over, and over, and over, and over...
    Maybe it was because the top players on the planet were playing it, but looked pretty boring...

Yeah Raymond can make any game look boring lol.

So can either try his combo jackpot strategy for billions or go for mbs for 100- 200m...

#3047 3 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

I think this game is pure eye candy. If you saw this game and didn’t go gugu gaga over it it’s probably not for you. Oh yeah, and Lyman put his heart and soul into this game, enough for me to purchase NIB without playing it!

#3048 3 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

I sort of feel that as a guy that owns both a TWD and a BM66 you are uniquely qualified to answer your own question.

#3049 3 years ago
    Quoted from pkrobin:

I sort of feel that as a guy that owns both a TWD and a BM66 you are uniquely qualified to answer your own question.

Perfect answer. Couple sleepers that are awesome now

#3050 3 years ago
    Quoted from pkrobin:

LOL, Paul don't try to make sense of it like an accountant. The only difference is TWD and BM66 code upgrades is they never jumped to top 5.

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/61?hl=pkrobin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.