(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 85 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 95.
    #251 8 years ago

Ha, thanks I have a great team behind me that helps me out to get these awesome things for our league, there is no way it could all be done by myself that is for sure. The belt is legit and the real thing we put a huge investment into it but we have already had many non-pinball people look and go wow, that is cool...

The league is now full at 28 players for 2016, I might add four more players to a waiting list if there is interest, as Denizen Hall might bring in an extra machine in the next month if so i can expand to 32 players.

Quoted from dangerdangerTILT:

Wow Derek I thought you guys went all out on the Alberta Challenge Cup but that belt is something else! Looks like you guys had an awesome league wrap up. Congrats on a successful inaugural season.

#252 8 years ago

I think I rank talking about pinball prices up there with talking about politics or religion - neither is going to end well.

#253 8 years ago

Does anyone know Chris1960 I asked about a pin months ago and his reply 3 months later is along the lines of "I am sorry for the delay

My father is I'll and in the hospital
    so I am taking over
    I HAVE ............................................"

not exactly the most comforting lead to a sale thread from experience.

#254 8 years ago

Isn't that the message people get from the sketchy Kingston guy?

#255 8 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

Does anyone know Chris1960 I asked about a pin months ago and his reply 3 months later is along the lines of "I am sorry for the delay
    My father is I'll and in the hospital
    so I am taking over
    I HAVE ............................................"
    not exactly the most comforting lead to a sale thread from experience.

run run very far away

#256 8 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

run run very far away

Couldn't agree more. Very scummy and shady. Been sick and going out of business for years now.yet still buying unwanted pins?

#257 8 years ago

Big shoutout to smokedog and his awesome linup of pins at Sports on Tap in Saskatoon. His color dmd on Metallica is frekin sweet! Nice to meet you today Jason. Look forward to many return visits and for offering to help move a pin
    Hopefully we can do business in the future. Beer and wings on me next time!

#258 8 years ago
    Quoted from str8cash:

Couldn't agree more. Very scummy and shady. Been sick and going out of business for years now.yet still buying unwanted pins?

You can always tell the creep from Kingston "shipping is very cheap" Lol

#259 8 years ago

He was nice enough to leave an email and phone #.

#260 8 years ago

Just took my 4 year old daughter to see the new Dinosaur cartoon at the theatre. When we got back to the truck after the movie, it was raining out.

She said "Dad turn on the flippers."
    #pinballlife

#261 8 years ago

Okay due to popular demand and support from Denizen Hall and Lucky's Lounge I am expanding our pinball league from 28 players to 32 players. I have two on the waiting list so I need two more players in order to commit to expanding to 32 players, if anyone is interested let me know, I am sure the two guys on the waiting list sure would appreciate it. All information on our league play can be found on www.diehardpinball.ca, please email [email protected] if you have interest in joining.

#262 8 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Okay due to popular demand and support from Denizen Hall and Lucky's Lounge I am expanding our pinball league from 28 players to 32 players. I have two on the waiting list so I need two more players in order to commit to expanding to 32 players, if anyone is interested let me know, I am sure the two guys on the waiting list sure would appreciate it. All information on our league play can be found on http://www.diehardpinball.ca, please email [email protected] if you have interest in joining.

Feel free to contact us for more donations to your prize pool. We're always happy to support Canadian pinball!

[email protected]

#263 8 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Okay due to popular demand and support from Denizen Hall and Lucky's Lounge I am expanding our pinball league from 28 players to 32 players. I have two on the waiting list so I need two more players in order to commit to expanding to 32 players, if anyone is interested let me know, I am sure the two guys on the waiting list sure would appreciate it. All information on our league play can be found on http://www.diehardpinball.ca, please email [email protected] if you have interest in joining.

Move to Calgary and I'll join

#264 8 years ago

Ya, that is a pretty tough commitment lol...

You will just have to wait until the Alberta Challenge Cup which will be hosted in Calgary this year... Or if we give you a good reason to come down to Edmonton to participate in our tourneys...

Quoted from pingod:

Move to Calgary and I'll join</blockquote

Feel free to contact us for more donations to your prize pool. We're always happy to support Canadian [email protected]

Tommy always appreciate your support, we will be in touch we have something big in store in the next weeks to announce and I think you will want to be a part of it...

#265 8 years ago

One last spot up for grabs!!!! There will be 16 players that will qualify in A Division and 16 Players that will qualify in B division this year, what a turnout, should be some fun times on Tuesdays!!!!

#266 8 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Move to Calgary and I'll join

What's the matter Dan? Calgary pinball league not competitive enough for you? Lol. By the way nice win on Saturday!

#267 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinchamp:

What's the matter Dan? Calgary pinball league not competitive enough for you? Lol. By the way nice win on Saturday!

Thanks Darren,nice win to you to partner
    It would be nice to have a league here to.

Sorry Edmonton area guys,but it's to far away for a weeknight.
    Or I would probably go to.

#268 8 years ago

Our tourneys are on the weekends, would love to see some more of the Calgary guys participate and try to qualify for the provincial championship, next one will be probably be in March!!!!

Quoted from pingod:

Thanks Darren,nice win to you to partner
    It would be nice to have a league here to.
    Sorry Edmonton area guys,but it's to far away for a weeknight.
    Or I would probably go to.

#269 8 years ago

Whats on Tuesdays then.

#270 8 years ago

Our League Championship Series, is on Tuesday that is league play. 8 IFPA scoring events for league and 4 events make up our weekend tournaments so good showings in the tournaments can qualify you for provincials even thou there are only four of them. For example one person is in 17th right now from Calgary and only attended three tournament events.

#271 8 years ago

Say goodbye to NIB pins my friends the US just hiked their interest rates and our dollar is about to take another dump!

#273 8 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Say goodbye to NIB pins my friends the US just hiked their interest rates and our dollar is about to take another dump!

We need some Canadian pinball manufacturers so we can get them cheaper.

#274 8 years ago

O well. It was fun while it lasted. Being priced out of the market let's me enjoy and get better at the small small collection that I have. I really want to get "5 year mission" on ST

#275 8 years ago

Yeah, it's not just NIBs though. Seems as though all pin prices are affected by the prices in the States.
    So trading shouldn't be too bad, but anyone buying any new pins is going to be paying through the nose.

#276 8 years ago

Yeah it definitely affects used pins. Trading is only way to avoid the pain

#277 8 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

He was nice enough to leave an email and phone #.

BTDT. The phone will go to voicemail, and the box will be full. The emails will be replied to with a canned response of "I have x, y, z, and many others". If you reply and ask "what are the others", you'll get the same "I have x, y, z, and many others" again.

#278 8 years ago

Sigh. .03 in one week. Was still thinking of buying a NIB when we were at 0.75, now just going to hold on. Not like I've mastered the pins I have or anything.

#279 8 years ago

Cnd took that dump this morning
    Trading at 71.6 now.

#280 8 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

We need some Canadian pinball manufacturers so we can get them cheaper.

If I can get about 2000 of you to prepay fully on your pins, I suppose I can start a Canadian Pinball Company. Or I can run with your money and spend it all on strippers and alcohol.

#281 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballophobe:

Trading at 71.6 now.

By the time you ad in exchange rates it's 36%. Ughhh.

Quoted from SuperPinball:

Or I can run with your money and spend it all on strippers and alcohol.

Don't forget about the drugs

#282 8 years ago
    Quoted from str8cash:

It's a lot worse than that. With no exchange fees. It costs about $1.40cnd to buy $1usd

Depending on the exchange rate few ppl can get. It can get a lot worse.

Everything is definitely more expensive now

#283 8 years ago

Trading at 71.6 now.

Quoted from str8cash:

It's a lot worse than that. With no exchange fees. It costs about $1.40cnd to buy $1usd
    Depending on the exchange rate few ppl can get. It can get a lot worse.
    Everything is definitely more expensive now

Yup, the Canadian dollar is a train wreck now. I was considering buying something new out of the US but I've pretty much given up on that. Newer shit is Pschyco expensive to try and buy out of the US.

Anyone in Canada have a Mustang LE or Premium they want to sell?

QSS

#284 8 years ago

Trading at 71.6 now.

They're saying it could lose another 5 cents in the coming months

#285 8 years ago

Every penny the dollar drops is an extra $100 on the price of a pin. Damn

#286 8 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Yup, the Canadian dollar is a train wreck now. Anyone in Canada have a Mustang LE or Premium they want to sell?

You mean, sell it to you at a loss since they could get more for it in the US?

I'll never understand this mentality that somehow Canadians should leave money on the table "for the good of pinball." More like the good of your wallet.

#287 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I'll never understand this mentality that somehow Canadians should leave money on the table "for the good of pinball." More like the good of your wallet.

Its okay, I don't expect you to understand.

#288 8 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

Its okay, I don't expect you to understand.

I'm not allowed in your little private club anyway, no need to sugarcoat it.

#289 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

You mean, sell it to you at a loss since they could get more for it in the US?

Sell it at market value of what the local market commands. No one is saying to sell at a loss, but people who bought last year paid far less than what they would pay now.

That doesnt mean they cant sell to an American, but for some people it wouldnt be worth the time, effort or hassle to coordniate with a US buyer to get your pin.

#290 8 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Sell it at market value of what the local market commands. No one is saying to sell at a loss, but people who bought last year paid far less than what they would pay now.

If I read this correctly, it seems like you are saying if someone paid 8k CDN for a pin last year, then they should be willing to sell at 8k CDN this year? To give a fellow a break?

If so, I am curious if you would expect it to go the other way? IE: If I buy a NIB Premium from Starburst right now at their quoted prices of 7195US (approx 10k), and the dollar swings 20 cents the other way in a couple years, are people going to be offering to pay that extra 20% to be good guys?

#291 8 years ago

Not this again...

#292 8 years ago

Q6maFDo[2].gifQ6maFDo[2].gif

#293 8 years ago

That's not what I'm saying Paul.

Not being pulled into this any more

#294 8 years ago

Wow. Touchy subject I guess. I apologize. Merry Xmas and happy holidays all. May your stdms be few and your extra balls plentiful.

#295 8 years ago

12392048_10153969454833643_3647810769693541129_n.jpg12392048_10153969454833643_3647810769693541129_n.jpg

#296 8 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Every penny the dollar drops is an extra $100 on the price of a pin. Damn

It's the parts prices that hurt me more than anything. And let's not even talk about the bottom line price of a ColorDMD now....

#297 8 years ago

Lots of negatively going on with our crappy dollar. Here's a positive imo. $9.99 a case this week in Alberta. $58.45 taxes included for 5 cases Yeah, yeah not the best but definitely better then a lot of brand name beers.20151219_182935.jpg20151219_182935.jpg

#298 8 years ago
    Quoted from str8cash:

Lots of negatively going on with our crappy dollar. Here's a positive imo. $9.99 a case this week in Alberta. $58.45 taxes included for 5 cases Yeah, yeah not the best but definitely better then a lot of brand name beers.20151219_182935.jpg

You know you need a beer really bad when . . .

#299 8 years ago

I'm thinking about ordering a couple of colordmds. Anybody in Calgary need one so we can get the free shipping?

#300 8 years ago
    Quoted from Willathrilla:

I'm thinking about ordering a couple of colordmds. Anybody in Calgary need one so we can get the free shipping?

That's the best way to get around our crap dollar right now. I waited until I could swing 3. Save you about 60-70....Note though, I checked earlier with Randy to see how long that runs, he told me end of the year.

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.