(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 64 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 95.
    #2651 4 years ago

Anyone here been to The Pint in Toronto? They look like they have a really nice lineup of older pins but I've just never been down there.

#2652 4 years ago

Where is a cheap place to get ground braid wire? Changing out the cord on an EM a 3 wire and want to ground out the metal cabinet parts.. Amazon only has $$ copper braid I've found.

#2654 4 years ago

Hey Calgary guys, any idea of where a guy could search for a furnished basement suite or something to rent for 3+ months? I accepted a callout for work there and I need a furnished place for 3 guys. I have been looking at Airbnb so far but looking for something I can rent monthly. Job is supposed to be on the west side I think.

#2655 4 years ago

Never mind I found what I was looking for. Rentfaster.ca Hope to make a bunch of your tourneys, see you Monday at pinbar.

#2656 4 years ago

Anywhere in Moose Jaw to get a game in to try a different machine or two? Heading down next weekend, the oldest has Track provincials down there.

#2657 4 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Anywhere in Moose Jaw to get a game in to try a different machine or two? Heading down next weekend, the oldest has Track provincials down there.

No place in Moose Jaw that I know of.

#2658 4 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

I live just outside Moose Jaw. There aren’t any public locations with machines in the city. You’re totally welcome to come to my place for a beer and try out my machines.

PM if you’re interested. Cheers.

#2659 4 years ago

Thx, if I can pull it off i'll fire you a pm.

#2660 4 years ago

Any Winnipeg Blue Bombers season ticket holders here? I'm looking to purchase a couple tickets for the Packers/Raiders game in August. Pre sale tickets available to season ticket holders. PM me if you can help me out. Thanks

2 weeks later
    #2661 4 years ago

FYI: As the official website isn't clear/explicit Vancouver Flipout 2019 has been cancelled. They're hoping to return in 2020.

Please don't reply asking why, what happened, etc. We don't need this thread being shut-down.

#2662 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deadrock:

Please don't reply asking why, what happened, etc. We don't need this thread being shut-down.

Uh oh, that doesn't sound good

#2663 4 years ago

I really hope this show didn't get canceled over internet outrage.

#2664 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Where is a cheap place to get ground braid wire? Changing out the cord on an EM a 3 wire and want to ground out the metal cabinet parts.. Amazon only has $$ copper braid I've found.

Here is a good place .75c / ft https://www.aircraftspruce.ca/catalog/elpages/copperbraid.php?clickkey=15031

#2665 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Uh oh, that doesn't sound good

just go to the thread for the event.

#2666 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I really hope this show didn't get canceled over internet outrage.

Nope, the head organizer is stepping down to seek help.

#2667 4 years ago

Is the Trap closing in Calgary? Are the games set to move somewhere else?

#2668 4 years ago
    Quoted from Willathrilla:

Is the Trap closing in Calgary? Are the games set to move somewhere else?

Yes and yes.
    Trap is turning into a brew pub.
    Won’t have enough space for all the games.

We have moved to Woods Well in the SE.

1 week later
    #2669 4 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/events/2429540363792013/

Pingolf at Pinbar Stampede weekend JULY 13th. Lets' get everyone out while you're in town for Stampede.

#2670 4 years ago

TOURNEY TIME
    This Wednesday, July 3rd at Woods Well Calgary.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2214068035550388/

2 weeks later
    #2671 4 years ago

Any other Canadian metalheads heading to this show?

$_59.JPG.jpg$_59.JPG.jpg
    #2672 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Any other Canadian metalheads heading to this show?[quoted image]

I wish I was, that’s an awesome lineup.

#2673 4 years ago

Rob zombie got cancelled

#2674 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Any other Canadian metalheads heading to this show?

that's a stunning poster. Great job, graphic designer.

#2675 4 years ago

Rob still seems to be playing the saskatoon show on Aug 6

#2676 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolv3:

Rob zombie got cancelled

Dang, that sux. Maybe that's why the 2 weekend passes i got were $250 instead of $400?

#2677 4 years ago

Holy shit that be amazing concert!

1 week later
    #2678 4 years ago

Who owns the pins at the Edmonton airport?! They should be ashamed of themselves! That Indiana Jones is beat to shit and neglected beyond words! I was there two years ago and it was pathetic then.. just seen a pic of it today.. same shit! Wowzers, someone go rescue that thing!

#2679 4 years ago

Yeah they terrible, unplayable even. Played them after yegpin and damn.

I guess travelers keep putting enough money in so no incentive to fix them. Little kids don’t know or care if stuff is broken.

#2680 4 years ago

Calgary airport same thing last year, I sent them an email, they replied and said thx for letting us know, we'll send someone out to look at them.

1 week later
    #2681 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Who owns the pins at the Edmonton airport?! They should be ashamed of themselves! That Indiana Jones is beat to shit and neglected beyond words! I was there two years ago and it was pathetic then.. just seen a pic of it today.. same shit! Wowzers, someone go rescue that thing!

I would love to take that Indy pin off their hands to finally finish my decal target set. No sense in getting a restored one to do what I want.

#2683 4 years ago

Hey, if anyone is in Saskatoon (from this Tuesday until Sunday) I have heard that the exhibition will have 17 pinballs to play in Hall a!

#2684 4 years ago

17 Games at The EX in Saskatoon. HALL 'A' Bring your Loonies

Shrek
    Star Trek Pro
    Swords of Fury
    Terminator 3
    Golden Arrow
    F14
    Hollywood Heat
    Secret Service
    Big Buck Hunter
    The Shadow
    Meteor
    Metallica Pro
    Rocky and Bullwinkle
    Rapid Fire
    Freddy - Nightmare on Elm Street
    Ghostbusters Pro
    Big Guns

#2685 4 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

YegPin 2020 thread has been started!

is there a thread for the Ottawa Pinball & Gameroom Show yet? That's coming up in September 2019!

#2686 4 years ago

Christmas doesn't have much on getting a box of fresh pinball parts!!! I know we bitch about shipping costs up here and it sucks, BUT I want to toss a huge thank you for the SECOND time an awesome pinsider orangegsx that has accepted pinball parts for me and forwarded them on up to Sask. This help is so appreciated and I have saved huge on shipping costs.

EEB3B0FE-6881-49E1-9FA5-7079B2B799F3 (resized).jpegEEB3B0FE-6881-49E1-9FA5-7079B2B799F3 (resized).jpeg
    #2687 4 years ago

Can anyone techy help me out? I can't log onto ticket master for some reason. They say I'm a robot?
    Looking for the discounted tickets anounced last week for the upcoming nfl preseason game in Winnipeg. I can't seem to find a link anywhere (ticket exchange/stubhub,etc) and hope some kind pinsider can help me out.
    Thanks

1 week later
    #2689 4 years ago

Sounds like that NFL game in Winnipeg was a complete flop! Why would anybody pay $400 for a preseason game ticket which included NO big name players, & a shortened & dangerous field! Stands looked half empty! You can drive down to Minnesota and see a real game for that much money! Sure glad the Rider's weren't able to host that shit show debauchery!

#2690 4 years ago

Jay... is your avatar a pic of that "luv ya mutha-*@#$er"guy?!? Haha!

#2691 4 years ago

Newly enshrined hall of famer Ed Reed

20190805_184015.jpg20190805_184015.jpg
    #2692 4 years ago

by chance anyone headed to Pinball Expo in Chicago this year and have room to bring back a small 1933 prewar machine Eastward?

4 weeks later
    #2694 4 years ago

Hey quick question. Is luckys lounge still open? It's not on the pin map anymore. Also any locations in St Albert to play?

I haven't played any pinball since yegpin and will be in the area next week. Thanks

#2695 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Hey quick question. Is luckys lounge still open? It's not on the pin map anymore. Also any locations in St Albert to play?
    I haven't played any pinball since yegpin and will be in the area next week. Thanks

Yea, it' open. I was there for league night on Thursday.

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/7859-yellowhead-inn-edmonton-ab

#2696 4 years ago

Thanks man. Didn't show up on pin map when I entered Edmonton. Does now. Weird. How's the new JP? Looking forward to throwing a few bucks in it.

Anyone know if any pubs in St Albert have pins?

#2697 4 years ago

2 new arcade bars just opened in Yeg this past weekend. Greta on 101av / 109 st and Midway on 61av / 104 st.
    Haven’t been to either yet, but I’m sure the pin map will be updated soon.

#2698 4 years ago
    Quoted from RumRunner9:

2 new arcade bars just opened in Yeg this past weekend. Greta on 101av / 109 st and Midway on 61av / 104 st.
    Haven’t been to either yet, but I’m sure the pin map will be updated soon.

Thanks @pinhi. I just checked out Greta's website. Very impressive lineup of arcade games and great prices. $3 beer daily? Right on. And pricing of games is extremely reasonable. $20 gets you 120 credits. Looks like they have a Deadpool, Maiden, Star Trek and gotg for pins.

#2699 4 years ago

My parents drove through Edmonton on their way back from the west cost to Ottawa and stayed at the Ramada with Lucky's Lounge attached.

My dad sent me pics of the pins. Nice line up in there.

1 week later
    #2700 4 years ago

Anyone in Edmonton signing up for the fall league at Lucky’s? I’ve never done it before.

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/54?hl=tuxedomask23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.