(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 64 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 95.
    #2601 5 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

Make that 4,000 plays. take off maybe $2,500 sound about right?

This is a tough discussion. What if it was 30,000 plays? Do they have to pay you to take it? Where is the cut off?

It really boils down to the condition of the game, regardless of the amount of plays. If it came down to amount of plays on route, every B/W title would be free, since they have all been routed heavily at some point (excluding the ultra rare HUO titles from the early 90's).

The first MM I purchased had over 50,000 plays on it. I certainly paid more for it than the operator did when he bought it new.

#2602 5 years ago

Where is the best place to play pins in lloydminster?! Askin fir a friend

#2603 5 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

looking to buy BM66 premium

Number of plays is irrelevant, find out the price if it's to high, just buy NIB. This is a game that doesn't come up used for sale very often. I can't recall even one come up for sale here.

#2604 5 years ago

#2605 5 years ago

I did my first pinball stream today on Twitch (I used to stream VR, not so much anymore), and aside from a few hiccups it went pretty smooth. A lot of work to put together the stream, but it felt pretty damn good once I got up and running. Does anyone else do any streaming?

Here's a couple links to my Twitch and Youtube if anyone is interested in checking it out. YouTube video will probably take some time to process before it will be up.
    https://www.twitch.tv/aeonblack6
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/386658367

#2606 5 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

I did my first pinball stream today on Twitch (I used to stream VR, not so much anymore), and aside from a few hiccups it went pretty smooth. A lot of work to put together the stream, but it felt pretty damn good once I got up and running. Does anyone else do any streaming?
    Here's a couple links to my Twitch and Youtube if anyone is interested in checking it out. YouTube video will probably take some time to process before it will be up.
    https://www.twitch.tv/aeonblack6
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/386658367

nice setup Tyler, stream looks and sounds good I just checked out just a little. enough to see when you got the ball stuck haha never fails on the first stream. How is my old hobbit doing, so glad to see you still have it. Ironically enough Im getting another one this weekend. The new code looks great and im glad to be back on the saddle. Keep the streams coming

cheers!

#2607 5 years ago

Just a thanks to Pinhead306 , he invited me over from ten cancer lodge to play some pins ! It was nice to chat with another pinhead ! Top notch fella !

#2608 5 years ago
    Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

nice setup Tyler, stream looks and sounds good I just checked out just a little. enough to see when you got the ball stuck haha never fails on the first stream. How is my old hobbit doing, so glad to see you still have it. Ironically enough Im getting another one this weekend. The new code looks great and im glad to be back on the saddle. Keep the streams coming
    cheers!

Thanks for checking it out! Yeah, I had an air ball get stuck up on top of the bag end plastic and my goblin mech stopped popping up near the end (still not sure what that was all about), but overall things went pretty good! I still love The Hobbit, that's awesome you're getting another one haha. I think they still should do some scoring tweaks (things like Erebor spinner points, for example), but overall the newest code feels really good.

#2609 5 years ago
    Quoted from freezie:

Just a thanks to Pinhead306 , he invited me over from ten cancer lodge to play some pins ! It was nice to chat with another pinhead ! Top notch fella !

No worries, thanks for coming over, I definitely get the most enjoyment out of my collection when there are others to share it with. I had a great time talking pins and playing some games. And it was cool to meet another person passionate about the hobby.

#2610 5 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/events/559992627840268/?ti=cl

Pinbar March 9th tourney. If you wear a college basketball Jersey you're guaranteed to win.

#2611 5 years ago

Anybody have suggestions for a good spot to play so.e games in Niagara Falls? I'm taking my son there today and we are staying the night. Clifton hill felt like it was mostly redemption games last time we went. Any input is appreciated.
    No bars though please. Hes 5.

1 week later
    #2612 5 years ago

Suggestions for buying t-molding in Canada?

#2613 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

A few options.
    Retroactive in Edmonton - https://retroactivearcade.ca/collections/t-molding-1
    Gameroom Designs out of Ontario - https://gameroomdesigns.ca/arcadeshop/58-t-molding-20-length/
    Playdium Store in Ontario (but they ship pretty quick) - http://www.theplaydiumstore.com/category_s/2205.htm

#2614 5 years ago

I know SML in Alberta is known for crazy prices, however when I first was more seriously looking into pinball as a hobby, they were the only people I knew who sold games. I asked them for a price list. For what it’s worth, I had my eye on a totan. I could have afforded agame but didn’t really have room at the time.

Anyways, I was cleaning up some old papers and found the price lists price from 2011. I bought my first game in 2016, for what it’s worth, not from SML

766A962A-078A-4B8B-8C21-415015DCD94C.jpeg766A962A-078A-4B8B-8C21-415015DCD94C.jpegBF4271AA-83F5-4546-80E3-E6CB8B8560E0.jpegBF4271AA-83F5-4546-80E3-E6CB8B8560E0.jpeg

#2615 5 years ago

Hi all if anyone know of a G&R up for sale in Canada please let me know thanks

#2616 5 years ago

Anyone know what the current line up looks like at Pin Bar in Calgary? I'm gonna stop by next month.

#2617 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

As JoshODBrown mentioned, Retroactive Arcade in Edmonton has a good selection of colors, with fair prices and fast shipping. I've ordered t-molding from them about 5 times now, and have always been happy.

#2618 5 years ago
    Quoted from noahd42:

Anyone know what the current line up looks like at Pin Bar in Calgary? I'm gonna stop by next month.

- Attack from Mars LE
    - Avengers LE
    - Pabst Can Crusher
    - Metallica Pro
    - Dead Pool Pro
    - Tron Pro
    - Iron Maiden Pro
    - Kiss Pro
    - Medieval Madness Classic remake with color DMD
    - Batman 66 Premium
    - Walking Dead Pro
    - Wizard of Oz 75th
    - Monster Bash LE
    - Star Wars Premium
    - AC/DC Premium
    - Game of Thrones Pro
    - Aerosmith Pro
    - Tales of The Arabian Nights

Arcade games
    - Golden Axe, Hit the Ice, NBA Jam, Marvel Super Heroes, Street Fighter 2 Alpha, Metal Slug X, Pacman Battle Royale

#2619 5 years ago
    Quoted from JoshODBrown:

- Attack from Mars LE
    - Avengers LE
    - Pabst Can Crusher
    - Metallica Pro
    - Dead Pool Pro
    - Tron Pro
    - Iron Maiden Pro
    - Kiss Pro
    - Batman 66 Premium
    - Walking Dead Pro
    - Wizard of Oz 75th
    - Monster Bash LE
    - Star Wars Premium
    - AC/DC Premium
    - Game of Thrones Pro
    - Aerosmith Pro
    Arcade games
    - Golden Axe, Hit the Ice, NBA Jam, Marvel Super Heroes, Street Fighter 2 Alpha, Metal Slug X, Pacman Battle Royale

Perfect, that looks like an insane line up. I will make sure to bring a few quarters

#2620 5 years ago
    Quoted from noahd42:

Perfect, that looks like an insane line up. I will make sure to bring a few quarters

Lol quarters..... those were the days

#2621 5 years ago
    Quoted from JoshODBrown:

- Attack from Mars LE
    - Avengers LE
    - Pabst Can Crusher
    - Metallica Pro
    - Dead Pool Pro
    - Tron Pro
    - Iron Maiden Pro
    - Kiss Pro
    - Batman 66 Premium
    - Walking Dead Pro
    - Wizard of Oz 75th
    - Monster Bash LE
    - Star Wars Premium
    - AC/DC Premium
    - Game of Thrones Pro
    - Aerosmith Pro
    Arcade games

I also update the pin map here on this site as well.

1 week later
    #2622 5 years ago

Anyone else picking up a BK3K? I'm pumped on this game! Looks totally metal

#2623 5 years ago

That why DI is for sale? Looks like it will be super fun actually, I'm interested to see if its coded deep or like an acdc, his games ususally shoot great anyways!

#2624 5 years ago

Agreed, looks fun. No desire for an LE on this one though so can be patient. Would also probably need to sell something and not really looking to let anything go right now.

The main BK toy looks like a lot of fun though, I bet that flail will F you lots.

#2625 5 years ago

Yep, I'll miss DI, but I don't like to get too attached to any pin, be nice to shake the lineup up again.

I am not expecting super deep code on this one, but if it's there, or comes later, that would be great. I mean, at the end of the day, deep code or not, there are not a lot of modern pins that it's "easy" to get to the final wizard modes. If it is, you just set it up steeper and open the outlanes a bit (or put a 2x4 under the back legs, right derek? lol).

I think what I am excited about with this game is: solid display animations, fast play with a good shot map, simple yet effective toys, great art and great sound. As long as there isn't imbalanced scoring in the code, I think I'll be happy with it. Looking forward to seeing some longer-form gameplay though.

#2626 5 years ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

Agreed, looks fun. No desire for an LE on this one though so can be patient. Would also probably need to sell something and not really looking to let anything go right now.
    The main BK toy looks like a lot of fun though, I bet that flail will F you lots.

"Cough Cough Deadpool Cough Cough"...

#2627 5 years ago

For sure, if your not playing a game much any more and one comes along you want its time!

For sure, I really like the knights spinning mace thing, and sheild, looks cool without blocking alot of shots like alot of bash toys. Looks like fun definately want to give it a go, you may find me at your doorstep with some beers one night

#2628 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinsOnly:

"Cough Cough Deadpool Cough Cough"...

lol

#2629 5 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

Yep, Pro not a upper PF fan but looks great. I'm selling TWD Pre if anyone is interested.

#2630 5 years ago

Looking for a HUO or a really nice G&R in Ontario if anyone knows of one thanks everyone

#2631 5 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

I just checked the couch cushions.. it's a nope for me.. dayummm ..looks deadly..hope to see one @ yegpin

1 week later
    #2632 4 years ago

Hey folks. Recently I’ve been looking into the idea of buying a pinball machine from another province, and having it shipped to me. Up until this point I’ve only done in person deals though.
    My biggest question mark at this time is around the best way to pay so that I have solid protection as a buyer. Is PayPal the most common for long distance buys? I know that cash on the glass is best, but I’m curious what is best when that’s not possible.
    Thanks!

#2633 4 years ago
    Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Hey folks. Recently I’ve been looking into the idea of buying a pinball machine from another province, and having it shipped to me. Up until this point I’ve only done in person deals though.
    My biggest question mark at this time is around the best way to pay so that I have solid protection as a buyer. Is PayPal the most common for long distance buys? I know that cash on the glass is best, but I’m curious what is best when that’s not possible.
    Thanks!

Ask if someone local can check out the game for you.
    I do it all the time for out of town buyers here.
    check out his rep, if good should be no problem.
    In Canada email transfer is fine by me.

#2634 4 years ago
    Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Thanks!

If you feel comfortable with the buyer, etransfer always works. Can anyone vouch for the seller? Another option is ask for help from a pinsider in that area to check it out for you. Lots of reputable pinheads allover this great country

1 week later
    #2635 4 years ago

Pinball tourney Saturday, Pinbar Calgary

https://www.facebook.com/events/2122446714675930/?ti=cl

#2637 4 years ago
    great little news story..Jamie and Shaun representing the QCP!

#2638 4 years ago

"The owners of O'Hanlons Irish Pub removed VLTs four months ago to make room for three pinball machines and plan on adding more."

That makes me so happy to read!

2 weeks later
    #2639 4 years ago

Black Knight has arrived at Lucky's Lounge in Edmonton . Thanks @ninjaboot!

#2640 4 years ago

Does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to ship a playfield to the US. Also what is a good company to use

#2641 4 years ago
    Quoted from Adib:

Does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to ship a playfield to the US. Also what is a good company to use

Roughly - $80 - 120 probably

#2642 4 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

Black Knight has arrived at Lucky's Lounge in Edmonton . Thanks ninjaboot!

Please tell me it replaced Fish Tales

#2643 4 years ago
    Quoted from Adib:

I have sent 4 PF's down to the states in old CPR boxes via Canapoast. The cost is always between $50-57USD

#2644 4 years ago

Queen City Pinball in Regina is putting on a pingolf tournament Saturday, June 15th. Supper and transportation between locations is provided. 40 players limit. Tickets 30$.

A2BD25E1-D322-4555-A7B1-843852BE2272 (resized).jpegA2BD25E1-D322-4555-A7B1-843852BE2272 (resized).jpeg
    #2645 4 years ago

does everyone know about the Hawkesbury Pinball Flear Fair coming up June 1st and 2nd? It's a small by-collectors, for-collectors event.
    Super chill and an amazing time. This event is generally just advertised to pinheads so it's very different than other shows.
    Check the thread: https://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=25113

Hawkesbury is halfway between Ottawa and Montreal.
    tournament, flea market, bowling, pinball. Good times.

#2646 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

does everyone know about the Hawkesbury Pinball Flear Fair coming up June 1st and 2nd? It's a small by-collectors, for-collectors event.
    Super chill and an amazing time. This event is generally just advertised to pinheads so it's very different than other shows.
    Check the thread: https://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=25113
    Hawkesbury is halfway between Ottawa and Montreal.
    tournament, flear market, bowling, pinball. Good times.

every year?! Same dates?! I'd consider next year for sure.. I love bowling..pins.. Montreal.. sounds like a good time!

#2647 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

every year?! Same dates?! I'd consider next year for sure.. I love bowling..pins.. Montreal.. sounds like a good time

yup, first weekend of June for the past 5? 6? years or so. It's a blast. The chill atmosphere of pinheads in their element for 40 hours, cut off from any other distractions. the last 2 years were in a huge arena, but this year is back to the roots. Back to advertising to just the pinball nerds.
    It attracts so much action for the flea fair portion, and despite the niche focus vendors still bring some of the hottest new titles because they know the kind of people that show up run barcades and basement arcades, or at least aspire to

And it often involves people setting up pinball machines at the local motel and playing them in the parking lot!

#2648 4 years ago

Hitting the bridge city this evening as I have a big golf tourney at Holiday Park tomorrow. Going to hit up Pokeys with a buddy tonight, if anyone's in there this eve, hey!

#2649 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

every year?! Same dates?! I'd consider next year for sure.. I love bowling..pins.. Montreal.. sounds like a good time!

STRIPPERS!!!!

#2650 4 years ago

Well, you were the first person I was gonna ask if he wanted to go!! Let's do thisss

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/53?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.