(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 86 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 95.
    #2551 5 years ago

Victoria finally has a dedicated arcade that just opened ... Quazar's in the heart of downtown Victoria (located in Trounce Alley) .. 20 pins on location the makority are DMDs with a few SS pins added in. Well worth a visit if you happen to be in town

#2552 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Odd question but going on a roadie tomorrow.
    Any good bars/restaurants or cool roadside attractions from saskatoon to yorkton?

Zervos for the win

#2553 5 years ago

How's that old saying go, "Cold day in Hell" or "When hell freezes over" or "When pigs fly"

#2554 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Any good bars/restaurants or cool roadside attractions from saskatoon to yorkton?

The road between Saskatoon and Yorkton is fairly barren. I spend a lot of time in Yorkton area (in-laws farm between Yorkton and Melville) BUT stop in at Back Forty Brewing in the shitty area of town in Yorkton, just east of the high school, GREAT BEER!

I’m off to Saskatoon area for weekend, my oldest has Sask First hockey camps in Aberdeen, going to try to hit up Zervos or Pokeys for a few beers, games.

#2555 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

There are pins on location in Melville I believe. Like Matt’s family fun centre or something.

#2556 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead306:

There are pins on location in Melville I believe. Like Matt’s family fun centre or something.

Yup, Matty's
    My boys have always liked going there, come home with some dumb rubber ball or sticky hand from the tickets.

#2557 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

The PIN MAP shows 2 other Pinsiders that have allowed their location to be seen, near or in Fredericton.

Already buds with them

1 week later
    #2558 5 years ago

So much for simple plans. In Edmonton, planned to go to beercade by myself. Closed Mondays. Yellowhead is a $20+ Uber each way. Denizens removed their games. You guys here in YYC should try pinballmaps. I like it better than the pinside maps for ease of access. Just sayin.

#2559 5 years ago
    Quoted from pkrobin:

So much for simple plans. In Edmonton, planned to go to beercade by myself. Closed Mondays. Yellowhead is a $20+ Uber each way. Denizens removed their games. You guys here in YYC should try pinballmaps. I like it better than the pinside maps for ease of access. Just sayin.

I tried to get PinballMaps to add Regina and Saskatoon but they never got back to me. It would be nice if the two maps were linked together somehow.

#2560 5 years ago
    Quoted from shaub:

I tried to get PinballMaps to add Regina and Saskatoon but they never got back to me. It would be nice if the two maps were linked together somehow.

I tried to get PinballMaps to add Southern Ontario. They got back to me to make sure I was good with keeping it updated (I was) but never heard back after that.

#2561 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

I tried to get PinballMaps to add Southern Ontario. They got back to me to make sure I was good with keeping it updated (I was) but never heard back after that.

Dude, your location is clearly stated as Melbourne. Melbourne has always been and always will be in Australia. Is it any wonder that Pinball maps will not add Melbourne to a Canadian location? DUH!

QSS

#2562 5 years ago

Any places in Prince Albert to play pins?

#2563 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Any places in Prince Albert to play pins?

Knx783 dudes house! sp?
    I'm only an hour east, pop in!

#2564 5 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Knx783 dudes house! sp?
    I'm only an hour east, pop in!

Thanks Kevin. Would love to check out your sweet fishtales in person. I'll pm you if time allows.
    Was hoping there is a bar to take the nephew and brother in law to for a few pints and pins and watch some NFL Sunday.

#2567 5 years ago

I've seen one on a medieval madness and it was gorgeous. Too bad not all translites are not 3d

#2568 5 years ago

Yeah I had it on my MMRLE (same one adib is talking about) and I thought it was really awesome. I think it's one of those mods that if you do a lot of other little things, it can really make a machine stand out. I think they should cost half as much as they do, but, what can ya do, everything in this hobby is overpriced.

#2569 5 years ago

me 3 on the Medieval Madness translite. Looked great. Not recommended if you're the kind of person who demands all original incandescent lighting though.

#2570 5 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

me 3 on the Medieval Madness translite. Looked great. Not recommended if you're the kind of person who demands all original incandescent lighting though.

Not following the lighting comment? Do you need to change it?

#2571 5 years ago

3D translites are great mod. Have TOM, WH20 and MM. Better with LEDs though as they are layered for the effect and the thickness requires more light.

#2572 5 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

Not following the lighting comment? Do you need to change it?

I just mean that it gives it a lot of POP in a way that converting a game to LEDs does, so if you're a purist it might not be your thing

1 week later
    #2573 5 years ago

Happy new years Canadian pinheads

#2574 5 years ago

Good day to set some of those midnight madness high scores!

#2575 5 years ago
    Quoted from libtech:

Good day to set some of those midnight madness high scores!

Some of us are in bed by 9 p.m., good sir

#2576 5 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Some of us are in bed by 9 p.m., good sir

#2577 5 years ago

Sad, but true. I was at the office yesterday, and have had very little time off.

Also have a 1 yr old that keeps me running until he's asleep, and that's when I pass out too haha

#2578 5 years ago

you run ! lmao

#2579 5 years ago

yeah I know ! I'll race to the buffet table !

1 week later
    #2580 5 years ago

Posted this in the tools section, but I thought it might be helpful to leave this here as well.

Ep 091 - Pinball Rotisserie (resized).jpgEp 091 - Pinball Rotisserie (resized).jpg
    #2581 5 years ago

Great video! Thanks for sharing!

1 week later
    #2582 5 years ago

Anybody pick anything up from the Edmonton game auction this morning? How were the prices?

#2583 5 years ago
    Quoted from Willathrilla:

Anybody pick anything up from the Edmonton game auction this morning? How were the prices?

I thought that big auction was next weekend?

#2584 5 years ago

You're right, my mistake.

#2585 5 years ago

Anyone have a link to said auction?

#2587 5 years ago

If it’s anything like the Mcdougall auction in Regina for the amusements auction this stuff will also go unreasonably high.

#2588 5 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

If it’s anything like the Mcdougall auction in Regina for the amusements auction this stuff will also go unreasonably high.

That was my thoughts, I haven’t even bothered with it because of that

#2589 5 years ago

usually the fees and taxes add about 30% to the purchase

#2590 5 years ago

Am I reading it correctly you can put an online bid now?

#2591 5 years ago

Ive been keeping an eye on the auction this morning. there are about 400 items before they get to the games, and they are at about 250 now. Lots of random things in the auction... from coins, and old money, hockey cards, bulk lots of yarn, shoes and laptops.

I know a few guys who have their boots on the ground and have taken a look at the games. mostly junk, lots of water damage and termites. A lot of the arcade games look ok from the front, but seems they have a lot of damage from the top.. like they got rained on, or maybe sprinkler system went off on them.. who knows.

#2592 5 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

Am I reading it correctly you can put an online bid now?

Buy them Tony - buy them all!

2 weeks later
    #2593 5 years ago

What would you guys estimate the average new pin that's been on location for close to a year be worth if it started at say $10K for example? Assume its PF is in good shape, cabinet etc have not been marked up? Just some general ideas at 500 plays, 1,000 plays or 1000 + plays. Thanks

Added over 5 years ago:

actually 4,000 plays

#2594 5 years ago

Just buy Congo Tony
    You know you like it, Lol

It Really does depend on the game and how it was maintained.
    It would have well over 1000 plays to, I would think.

#2595 5 years ago

Take $500 - $1000 off normally all depending on title. Some title devalue more than others depending on how popular or unpopular they are.

Quoted from TBatti:

What would you guys estimate the average new pin that's been on location for close to a year be worth if it started at say $10K for example? Assume its PF is in good shape, cabinet etc have not been marked up? Just some general ideas at 500 plays, 1,000 plays or 1000 + plays. Thanks

#2596 5 years ago

Http://www.outlane.club

Tonight at lucky’s!
    No fee!
    Come one come all!
    We’ll start at 6:15, 6:30ish. If you can make it message me and we won’t start without you.

Super fun format, great for beginners!

#2597 5 years ago

If you find yourself in Regina, Saskatchewan and are looking to play some pinball, check out Theo Bill's Restaurant and Lounge (530 Victoria Avenue E, open at 9 AM everyday). Or if you are interested in competitive tournaments, check us out on facebook to see our upcoming events (https://www.facebook.com/QCPinball/)

TB_Feb19_Lineup (resized).pngTB_Feb19_Lineup (resized).png
    #2598 5 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Take $500 - $1000 off normally all depending on title. Some title devalue more than others depending on how popular or unpopular they are.

Make that 4,000 plays. take off maybe $2,500 sound about right?

#2599 5 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

Make that 4,000 plays. take off maybe $2,500 sound about right?

Depends if you're the seller or the buyer! What game u lookin at picking up/moving on from?!

#2600 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Depends if you're the seller or the buyer! What game u lookin at picking up/moving on from?!

looking to buy BM66 premium

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/52?hl=adib and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.