(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 86 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 95.
    #2501 5 years ago

If anyone is looking for a bit of gameroom decoration, I found this cinema light box at Giant Tiger for $12. Not sure how many provinces have the Giant Tiger store franchise, but thought I’d pass it on. It’s fairly small, but for $12 I’m pretty happy. Comes with 80 letters so should be able to spell most things you would want on it.

6C245D2E-A89D-4BB4-8F1A-173CAB4A9F0E (resized).jpeg6C245D2E-A89D-4BB4-8F1A-173CAB4A9F0E (resized).jpeg

C6B1DE9A-3AA6-45BA-A969-990A3C6CBF64 (resized).jpegC6B1DE9A-3AA6-45BA-A969-990A3C6CBF64 (resized).jpeg

#2502 5 years ago

Pokey's Pinball Cafe is what's up Canada!! DEADPOOL launch party going down! What a great place! Amazing pub grub, local craft beer, and some sweet ass pins and peeps! Goood times in saskatoon! #realsocialgaming #supportlocationpinball

15369839482457971311322535097652 (resized).jpg15369839482457971311322535097652 (resized).jpg
    #2503 5 years ago

I just bought a new stern machine (Metallica) and want to test the coin mechanism. Do the machines take quarters or loonies?

#2504 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sixmillion:

I just bought a new stern machine (Metallica) and want to test the coin mechanism. Do the machines take quarters or loonies?

I've never had a new Stern, but I'd be surprised if they even come with coin mechs installed. Are there boxes that look like this? Maybe post a photo of the inside of your coin door.

1537102584037256426422852415242 (resized).jpg1537102584037256426422852415242 (resized).jpg
    #2505 5 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

I've never had a new Stern, but I'd be surprised if they even come with coin mechs installed. Are there boxes that look like this? Maybe post a photo of the inside of your coin door.
    [quoted image]

Yes definitely has the coin mechanism see pics, but as you can see it shows $1 and $2 but not sure if it is quaters or loonies

IMG_5674 (resized).JPGIMG_5674 (resized).JPGIMG_5675 (resized).JPGIMG_5675 (resized).JPGIMG_5677 (resized).JPGIMG_5677 (resized).JPG
    #2506 5 years ago

For Canada if the New Stern Pin was assembled for export to Canada it will have $1 and $2 coin mechs. No Quarters.

1 week later
    #2507 5 years ago

Any Edm pinsiders up for some afternoon pints and pins this Saturday at luckys? In town for the weekend and what better way to kill a afternoon then some pinball

#2508 5 years ago

I’ve honestly have never been to luckys. Only beercade and denizens.

#2509 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spinape:

I’ve honestly have never been to luckys. Only beercade and denizens.

youre missing out. best lineup by far and easiest to get to in edm.

#2510 5 years ago

Well, I would likely be game to dropping by. I really need to play some more new sterns. I don’t particularly like them, but maybe I’m not giving them a fair shot

#2511 5 years ago

Lucky's has a nice mix of new and older games.

#2512 5 years ago

Lucky's has the best games, for the most part they all play well. Fish Tales could use a level though. With denizen closing that only leaves beercade and the pins there have been slowly disappearing for the last year.

#2513 5 years ago
    Quoted from wolv3:

Lucky's has the best games, for the most part they all play well. Fish Tales could use a level though. With denizen closing that only leaves beercade and the pins there have been slowly disappearing for the last year.

Fold some napkins

#2514 5 years ago
    Quoted from wolv3:

haha. last time i was there i folded a coaster and shoved it under the leg

#2515 5 years ago
    Quoted from wolv3:

Denizen is closing?!?

#2516 5 years ago
    Quoted from wolv3:

Really? Any idea when they are closing?

#2517 5 years ago

This weekend is the goodbye for denzian hall

#2518 5 years ago
    F5B8AE95-6797-4AE0-9E98-9A0E449DB7FC (resized).jpegF5B8AE95-6797-4AE0-9E98-9A0E449DB7FC (resized).jpeg
    #2519 5 years ago

My guess is 'ice district' = more expensive now

#2520 5 years ago
    Quoted from libtech:

My guess is 'ice district' = more expensive now

Probably exactly that. They want to clean up that area

#2521 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spinape:

Probably exactly that. They want to clean up that area

That area looks like the walking dead when the sun goes down. Addicts and tweakers stumbling around

#2522 5 years ago

bummer you guys are losing a place to play pins. downtown is a hastle to get to. anyone know if they considered moving to a new location or buisness not feasible?

#2523 5 years ago

HEY ALL, here could be some nice information for you.

Canada Post has "Free shipping Tuesdays" for the month of October. Go online to their website and create a business account. I made on last year in the summer for some discounts. You will get a temporary card to print off. Also, they will send you plastic permanent ones in a couple weeks. BUT having a business account gives you a bit of a shipping discount all the time. Make up a business.

This is nice to have if your moving some parts around anyway

#2524 5 years ago

Hi guys,

I won't take up much of your time. I am just trying to get the word out, so if this violates any thread rules or pisses anyone off please PM me. I am trying to raise funds for a show in Canada's Capital that was scheduled, ready, and setup, but never got to open it's doors.

Read and see it here; https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ottawa-pinball-show-cancelled-by-tornadoes-help-a-brother-out

Thank you for your time and support.
    https://www.gofundme.com/opgs-strikes-back

#2525 5 years ago

Queen City Pinball Regina would like to post our next few tournaments that we have scheduled. Cheers.
    8C207BF8-6725-4993-B623-D68836BD8B08 (resized).png8C207BF8-6725-4993-B623-D68836BD8B08 (resized).png9D7644CC-FDD5-4466-8301-02BA62C5DC7E (resized).png9D7644CC-FDD5-4466-8301-02BA62C5DC7E (resized).png

52827F8F-05E2-47A7-8BA4-1F374FBA6E5A (resized).png52827F8F-05E2-47A7-8BA4-1F374FBA6E5A (resized).png
    #2526 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fifty:

Hi guys,
    I won't take up much of your time. I am just trying to get the word out, so if this violates any thread rules or pisses anyone off please PM me. I am trying to raise funds for a show in Canada's Capital that was scheduled, ready, and setup, but never got to open it's doors.
    Read and see it here; https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ottawa-pinball-show-cancelled-by-tornadoes-help-a-brother-out
    Thank you for your time and support.
    https://www.gofundme.com/opgs-strikes-back

Donated! I hope you guys can keep the dream alive there that was some amazingly bad luck.

#2527 5 years ago

We just hit $4000 in donations! I wanted to drop a quick thank you to everyone in this thread that has donated. Thanks so much for your support! Here's to OPGS 2019!!!

#2528 5 years ago

Yesterday I managed to convince my wife that we should play some on-location pinball here in Edmonton. Believe me, this takes considerable effort as she is far from being a pin-head!
    So we fought the traffic and (once we arrived) decided to start with Iron Maiden. I love this game and was hoping she might like it too.

Guess what? Iron Maiden now costs $4 for one credit!

Now, this pricing seems a bit steep but that's not the issue.

The issue is that this new pricing was NOT UPDATED on the apron cards - so we were completely blind-sided.
    I had already dropped in two loonies (one for myself and one for my wife) and I thought "that's weird, the Start button isn't even flashing yet."
    I looked up at the screen and we only had a 1/2 credit! So we added two more loonies (like idiots) and then decided to share that one measly credit. Yippee!

So then we just went home after sharing one game on that one machine. And on the way home my wife keeps saying "you have pinball games at home, why don't you just play those instead?"

So, before I start listening to my wife's advice, I would like to politely ask Operators to PLEASE update your pricing on your aprons! Go ahead and charge $4 a game, just let your customers know the price before-hand! Also, if your machines advertise 3 games for $2 (when that's clearly not the case) either erase that text or setup the machine to match the card! Get some card stock and a sharpie and let's make this world a better place!

Rant finished...

#2529 5 years ago

$4 for one play? Ouch.

#2530 5 years ago

The code was recently updated and when that happens sometime the operator sometimes forgets to set the coins to 1 loonie play, unfortunately the default for Stern machines is 4 coins as in the US they use quarters. I know Bill who is the operator at Lucky's as I run all league events for the DHPL at Lucky's. I can tell you this was an honest mistake, if you are there again and Bill is around feel free to talk to him about this and I am pretty sure he will give you some free credits. He is really good to the pinball community and is always doing free play events and very good at fixing issues with machines when needed. The DHPL runs every second Thursday, feel free to come down to one of our events and play in our league!!! I will even buy you and a wife a beer and convince her that this pinball thing is actually pretty cool!!!!

Quoted from klr650:

Yesterday I managed to convince my wife that we should play some on-location pinball here in Edmonton. Believe me, this takes considerable effort as she is far from being a pin-head!
    So we fought the traffic and (once we arrived) decided to start with Iron Maiden. I love this game and was hoping she might like it too.
    Guess what? Iron Maiden now costs $4 for one credit!
    Now, this pricing seems a bit steep but that's not the issue.
    The issue is that this new pricing was NOT UPDATED on the apron cards - so we were completely blind-sided.
    I had already dropped in two loonies (one for myself and one for my wife) and I thought "that's weird, the Start button isn't even flashing yet."
    I looked up at the screen and we only had a 1/2 credit! So we added two more loonies (like idiots) and then decided to share that one measly credit. Yippee!
    So then we just went home after sharing one game on that one machine. And on the way home my wife keeps saying "you have pinball games at home, why don't you just play those instead?"
    So, before I start listening to my wife's advice, I would like to politely ask Operators to PLEASE update your pricing on your aprons! Go ahead and charge $4 a game, just let your customers know the price before-hand! Also, if your machines advertise 3 games for $2 (when that's clearly not the case) either erase that text or setup the bloody machine to match the card! Get some card stock and a sharpie and let's make this world a better place!
    Rant finished...

#2531 5 years ago

Thanks for the information, I really had no idea that software updates could cause this issue! Now I feel like a jerk!

#2532 5 years ago

Ha, no worries, I would be upset too if I put $4 in a machine. When Ghostbusters Premium first went in there he forgot to do it. I knew it was an issue and just wanted to play it so I paid it anyway to play lol... Then gave Bill a roasting afterwords, but seriously we are all pretty chill and really want you to have a great experience when you come and spend your spare time to play.

Quoted from klr650:

Thanks for the information, I really had no idea that software updates could cause this issue! Now I feel like a jerk!

#2533 5 years ago

This operator guy sounds like a handful

#2534 5 years ago
    Quoted from NinJaBooT:

This operator guy sounds like a handful

He is an ass, lol.
    Way to rake in the money Bill.
    Should pay for itself pretty fast that way,lol.

1 week later
    #2535 5 years ago

2018 DHPL PIN-GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP is a go! Hope to see some of you again this year!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/904446403074755
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dhpl-presents-pingolf-4-a-fun-pinball-tournament

Only 36 spots total
    Entry fee is $40 non refundable, please process entry using website.
    Registrations will be taken at the door up to 11:45 AM on Oct 27
    You receive an email from tournament officials upon successful registration.
    No refunds will be given however you may transfer your ticket to another person.
    Should you decide to transfer your entry please contact officials at least 48 hours before the event.
    Pre-payment is recommended to confirm entry.
    Standard IFPA rules apply.

pinGolfMED (resized).jpgpinGolfMED (resized).jpgpingolf01 (resized).jpgpingolf01 (resized).jpgpingolf02 (resized).jpgpingolf02 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #2536 5 years ago

Anyone in Sask dying for any small parts that your not in a huge rush to get?? I have an open cart on PBL and Marco i'm paying for and closing later today. Being shipped to AZ as I’m heading there on Monday. Ill bring it all back with me.

*EDIT - option closed. Finished the orders!!

Yes, someone took me up on the offer. right on

#2537 5 years ago

Another amazing Pingolf in the books!

Photos
    https://www.instagram.com/diehardpinball/

Thanks
    * Nitro Pinball for the prize support! Major thanks!
    * Bill & Winston for offering free play and helping get machines ready. Calling it an almost flawless day machine wise!
    * Thanks to Erin our TD making this Pingolf actually happen
    * Thanks Mike, and Jordan for help cleaning machines and setting scores.
    * Jen, Bree Luckys team for being great hosts.
    * All the participants for showing up to our 4th Pingolf.

Final Results
    Paul S 1st
    Jordan P 2nd
    Elie K 3rd
    Mike W 4th
    Jason Z 5th
    Christa L 6th
    Winston H 7th
    Winston T 8th
    Kyle H 9th
    Christos S 10th
    Rene S 11th
    Tyler D 12th
    Dale K 13th
    Dave F 14th
    Thomas B 15th
    Lauren W 16th
    Keri P 17th
    Jonathon P 18th
    Sydney H Tied 19th
    Jack W Tied 19th
    Erin P Tied 21st
    William L Tied 21st
    Rob H Tied 21st
    Brett S Tied 21st
    Slaton J 25th
    Gilles T 26th
    Derek S 27th

Womens Champion
    Christa L

B Division Finals
    1st Rene
    2nd Thomas B
    2nd Dave F

2 weeks later
    #2538 5 years ago

Popped into a Brewhouse today and they had this. Anyone else seen one? World's Largest Pac Man. 9ft screen made up of what looks like individual leds. Pretty slick.

Only £16000 at costco.uk

20181115_132312.jpg20181115_132312.jpg20181115_132342.jpg20181115_132342.jpg20181115_132359.jpg20181115_132359.jpg
    #2539 5 years ago

Which Brewhouse is that? In Sask? I’d try that out..

#2540 5 years ago
    Quoted from DW3000:

Which Brewhouse is that? In Sask? I’d try that out..

Lloydminster

#2541 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Popped into a Brewhouse today and they had this. Anyone else seen one? World's Largest Pac Man. 9ft screen made up of what looks like individual leds. Pretty slick.
    Only £16000 at costco.uk
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I played one of these Space Invaders “Frenzy” a handful of times in Arizona last week, was awesome!

88818CCC-C7F0-4277-B24A-6813197DE9DA (resized).jpeg88818CCC-C7F0-4277-B24A-6813197DE9DA (resized).jpeg
    #2542 5 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

I played one of these Space Invaders “Frenzy” a handful of times in Arizona last week, was awesome![quoted image]

Those guns look fun! I was wondering if there was more games. Was it only space invaders?

#2543 5 years ago

Saw one last weekend down in Medicine hat mall, looked sweet! didnt have time to try it though - also there are no pins in that town!

#2544 5 years ago
    Quoted from libtech:

Saw one last weekend down in Medicine hat mall, looked sweet! didnt have time to try it though - also there are no pins in that town!

Well, there's several at my house! next time you are thru, send me a pm and stop in! I think I have your old Batman the Dark Knight, Nathan

#2545 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tinnhound:

Well, there's several at my house! next time you are thru, send me a pm and stop in! I think I have your old Batman the Dark Knight, Nathan

Thanks man, I'll bring the beers not down that way too often, my brother in law had a kid so we went for a visit but will do!

#2546 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Those guns look fun! I was wondering if there was more games. Was it only space invaders?

Yeah, strictly Space Invaders. I felt
    they could have done more with it with all the past shooting games. My kids absolutely loved it, my oldest had 5 of the 10 high scores and it was in an arcade, LOL.

#2547 5 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Yeah, strictly Space Invaders. I felt
    they could have done more with it with all the past shooting games. My kids absolutely loved it, my oldest had 5 of the 10 high scores and it was in an arcade, LOL.

For 11k usd you think it would be minimum a 60 in 1. Who wants to play boring same puzzle Pacman when everyone loves Ms. Pacman? All the bright leds and colors would be awesome for Pacman Championship Edition DX.

1 week later
    #2548 5 years ago

Anyone in Fredericton? There is a small community growing here and we'd love for you to join!

#2549 5 years ago

Odd question but going on a roadie tomorrow.

Any good bars/restaurants or cool roadside attractions from saskatoon to yorkton?

#2550 5 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

Anyone in Fredericton? There is a small community growing here and we'd love for you to join!

The PIN MAP shows 2 other Pinsiders that have allowed their location to be seen, near or in Fredericton.

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/51?hl=noahd42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.