(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 82 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 95.
    #2452 5 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Hey Folks! Anyone recommend someone in Canada with a good rep for board repair and a reasonable price? I don't want to ship to the main guys in US because I will get hammered at the border/customs fees.
    I need to get a system 11c from my Game Show and the MPU from my WPC FT looked at before I go any further.
    Thx if you have "a guy" and can pass anything along!
    northerndude

You can try Devron gibbon from absolute pinball in sK

#2453 5 years ago

DW3000 to your question, same as above. Devron Gibbon may be able to help

#2454 5 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

dw3000 to your question, same as above. Devron Gibbon may be able to help

Sure, I’ve known Devron forever, I’ll have to drop him a line and ask. Didn’t occur to me at first since lately I’ve mostly seen him selling machines predating the 90’s B/W machines. Thanks!

Haha, at least I hope someone has a WPC backbox silkscreen to lend/rent/etc, mainly because once I’m finally to the point of of refinishing the cab, I’ll end up biting the bullet and buying a set otherwise. Save me from this poor financial decision I’ll inevitably make!

#2455 5 years ago

Thx, I called Devron and asked a few weeks/month back, he basically had no interest, he pretty much said he would only fix a board if he had the corresponding pin at the shop, or if I brought the entire unit down. I'd rather walk over across the road from work to the post office and mail then than haul two pins to saskatoon.

#2456 5 years ago
    Quoted from DW3000:

Sure, I’ve known Devron forever, I’ll have to drop him a line and ask. Didn’t occur to me at first since lately I’ve mostly seen him selling machines predating the 90’s B/W machines. Thanks!
    Haha, at least I hope someone has a WPC backbox silkscreen to lend/rent/etc, mainly because once I’m finally to the point of of refinishing the cab, I’ll end up biting the bullet and buying a set otherwise. Save me from this poor financial decision I’ll inevitably make!

Maybe we can go halfsies? I will need to spray my Fish Tales in the coming months

#2457 5 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Boom![quoted image]

Man hope I can make it

#2458 5 years ago

shoot ranchero a message for board work. matt does great work and cheap if he can fix it.

#2459 5 years ago

deleted

#2460 5 years ago

Anybody do board work in Edmonton? I'd be willing to pay for good work. It's nothing major....replace a blown transistor. I just don't trust myself to do it.

#2461 5 years ago
    Quoted from pkrobin:

Good news, the GoC has a new business venture to earn back the $4.5B they lost on the last one. Looks like a winner. [quoted image]

We don't need political BS on this thread. Let's keep things impartial please.

#2462 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Anybody do board work in Edmonton? I'd be willing to pay for good work. It's nothing major....replace a blown transistor. I just don't trust myself to do it.

Here is a link to one of the best "learning to solder" PDF documents:

https://cdn-learn.adafruit.com/downloads/pdf/adafruit-guide-excellent-soldering.pdf

It's a great beginner's guide with some really helpful photos of both good and bad solder joints.

#2463 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

What game is it? are you sure its the transistor. If you are ever in Calg and its still not done, I can do that for a 6 pack.

#2464 5 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

What game is it? are you sure its the transistor. If you are ever in Calg and its still not done, I can do that for a 6 pack.

That's good to know! But you get the 6 pack after the work is done lol

It's my TFTC....transistor/board pic enclosed in post

IMG_20171210_2105332.jpgIMG_20171210_2105332.jpg
    #2465 5 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

Here is a link to one of the best "learning to solder" PDF documents:
    https://cdn-learn.adafruit.com/downloads/pdf/adafruit-guide-excellent-soldering.pdf
    It's a great beginner's guide with some really helpful photos of both good and bad solder joints.

Thanks! I'll take a look at it...but I'd still prefer someone with some soldering skills to work on my board.

#2466 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Thanks! I'll take a look at it...but I'd still prefer someone with some soldering skills to work on my board.

I fired off my two boards to Johns Jukes yesterday, the MPU from the Game Show I have was in bad shape, couple too many problem items for my to tackle as a greenhorn, and I want it done right. Git 'er done!

#2467 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

That's good to know! But you get the 6 pack after the work is done lol
    It's my TFTC....transistor/board pic enclosed in post[quoted image]

I’ve done a few transistor swaps, Doesn’t look that bad. Was the component (Solonoid, flasher, or whatever was tied to this transistor working at some point? Also is this your original driver board? Did you swap in the xpin.

#2468 5 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

I’ve done a few transistor swaps, Doesn’t look that bad. Was the component (Solonoid, flasher, or whatever was tied to this transistor working at some point? Also is this your original driver board? Did you swap in the xpin.

PM'd

#2469 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Why don't you spend a little less time ***Moderated-Be nice! SMH

#2470 5 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

Why don't you spend a little less time making trolling t-shirts, tote-bags, crappy photoshop pics and spend a little more time learning how to solder. SMH

The fact that you're stalking me on Pinside is kinda creepy. But not as creepy as you constantly coming to the defence of convicted child molesters and then blaming their victims.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/speaking-of-child-molestors-mike-grc-in-downingtown-pa-boycott

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/speaking-of-child-molestors-mike-grc-in-downingtown-pa-boycott?tu=gmkalos

*first time someone made my ignore list

#2472 5 years ago

"The Canadian Pinhead Thread"

#2473 5 years ago

Maybe we can go halfsies? I will need to spray my Fish Tales in the coming months

That might be an idea, yeah.. I’m still a little ways off from doing my cabinet, but it could be a possibility.

#2475 5 years ago

Next Thursday is Queen City Pinballs 4th tournament. It will be held at the Black Arrow Social Club at 639 Victoria ave. Regina, Sask. Games go on freeplay by 6 and tourney matches start at 7. Great food from Pho Milu which is attached and great local beer from District Brewing for only 5$. Hope to see you guys out there. Come support local Pinball. 10$ entry fee, all skill levels welcome.

4F75812C-9BAC-4722-B0AF-EB6CB2500A4E (resized).jpeg4F75812C-9BAC-4722-B0AF-EB6CB2500A4E (resized).jpeg

#2476 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead306:

Next Thursday is Queen City Pinballs 4th tournament. It will be held at the Black Arrow Social Club at 639 Victoria ave. Games go on freeplay by 6 and tourney matches start at 7. Great food from Pho Milu which is attached and great local beer from District Brewing for only 5$. Hope to see you guys out there. Come support local Pinball. 10$ entry fee, all skill levels welcome.
    [quoted image]

Uh, city/province?

#2477 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Uh, city/province?

Regina

#2478 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Uh, city/province?

The Queen City

Rhymes with fun

#2479 5 years ago

Haha my bad

#2480 5 years ago

The Queen City
    Rhymes with fun

Lol could have been Victoria too.

#2481 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Lol could have been Victoria too.

Also, New Westminster.

#2482 5 years ago

How many of the others rhyme with vagina?

#2483 5 years ago

Anybody know if there are pins in Jasper?

#2484 5 years ago

I've never seen one in Jasper. I remeber the saw ridge had a great arcade room back in the day... Now its a spa.

#2485 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Go get married. Forget about pinballs for one weekend..lol

#2486 5 years ago
    Quoted from Adib:

Go get married. Forget about pinballs for one weekend..lol

Thanks Adib! It would actually be for photos, the missus wants wedding pics with a pinball machine if it's do-able.

#2487 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I was there in April for the kids hockey tourney, I saw NO pins.

#2488 5 years ago

I was there in April for the kids hockey tourney, I saw NO pins.

Bummer

#2489 5 years ago

Here is my Idea

Order a NIB Iron Maiden or whatever you like from Nitro.
    Have it shipped directly to your hotel.
    Take the pictures with it.
    Have it at the reception and let people play it.
    Take it home afterwards as a wedding gift to yourself

#2490 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Thanks Adib! It would actually be for photos, the missus wants wedding pics with a pinball machine if it's do-able.

How about a imamaculate baywatch?

#2491 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

invite a edm pinhead to the wedding. free food and booze might intice someone to throw a game or 2 in the truck.

#2492 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

invite a edm pinhead to the wedding. free food and booze might intice someone to throw a game or 2 in the truck.

That could be risky lol

#2493 5 years ago

Was there anybody in Canada last night that didn’t watch the Humboldt / Nipawin game and ceremonies on TSN?

#2494 5 years ago

I watched stuff on it later. I hadn’t even realized it was on!

#2495 5 years ago

Was there anybody in Canada last night that didn’t watch the Humboldt / Nipawin game and ceremonies on TSN?

it was on at the bar. no one else even noticed

#2496 5 years ago

It was very sad

#2497 5 years ago

4th QCP monthly tourney is what's up! Another good turn out and some real close battles! Next event is Oct.18th. #realsocialgaming #makingpinballgreatagain #supportlocationpinball

20180913_221701 (resized).jpg20180913_221701 (resized).jpg

#2498 5 years ago

Way to go guys.... hope to make it down for one one day

#2499 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

4th QCP monthly tourney is what's up! Another good turn out and some real close battles! Next event is Oct.18th. #realsocialgaming #makingpinballgreatagain #supportlocationpinball
    [quoted image]

The next event is actually October 11th!

#2500 5 years ago

Well dayumm.. I may have mis-informed a few peeps already! Haha.. oops!

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/50?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.