(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 85 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 95.
    #2301 6 years ago

Perfect excuse for wife why you can't sell any of them.

Quoted from luch:

then they become fixtures of the house !

#2303 6 years ago

Well a coworker gave me a free mini fridge for the garage.....

B7A4F9A4-0D4D-4A70-8158-C4D3F38AA0CB (resized).jpegB7A4F9A4-0D4D-4A70-8158-C4D3F38AA0CB (resized).jpeg

#2304 6 years ago

Super awesome of him.... but something is missing...... hmmmmm

#2305 6 years ago

Ahhhh there it is!!!

511A067B-952A-483E-8D85-4622F6E4ED3E (resized).jpeg511A067B-952A-483E-8D85-4622F6E4ED3E (resized).jpeg

#2306 6 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

Dude I love the mostly lack of Coors light and MGD's in there, one must bring an array of different beers and try new ones..... when's the invite for beer and pinball?!!

#2307 6 years ago

Nice new fridge Kev!!! cant wait to attack it!

#2308 6 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Dude I love the mostly lack of Coors light and MGD's in there, one must bring an array of different beers and try new ones..... when's the invite for beer and pinball?!!

#2309 6 years ago

Ya the coors is for when the wife craves a beer in the fridge... or when your really hung over from all the other beers and just need that cold water filler.... no need for water when you got coors light! Man the beer world is so awesome these days it’s like a kid in the candy store when you walk into a liquor store ...

#2310 6 years ago
    Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

Nice new fridge Kev!!! cant wait to attack it!

Well... somebodies birthday might be coming up... might be time to indudlge!

#2311 6 years ago

Hmmmm... nice stock. need more bottles vs cans.

#2312 6 years ago

Well... somebodies birthday might be coming up... might be time to indudlge!

Not til August.. but let's partayyyyy anywisss

#2313 6 years ago

Well deserved shout out to pinbar in Calgary. Having a great time. Great job and thanks for providing something to do in the evenings while here on work!

#2314 6 years ago

Check out these "zombie hands" flipper toppers spinny-vinny is making! They'd look sweeet on a TWD...if only i had a TWD! Hit him up on here or at [email protected] if u want 'em! I hear he makes sweet MET mods too!

IMG_1374 (resized).jpgIMG_1374 (resized).jpg

#2315 6 years ago

those look awesome..... PM sent

#2316 6 years ago

Vince does amazing detailed work, he also created our custom shooter rod for the YEGPIN donor machine prize.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Check out these "zombie hands" flipper toppers spinny-vinny is making! They'd look sweeet on a TWD...if only i had a TWD! Hit him up on here or at [email protected] if u want 'em! I hear he makes sweet MET mods too!

#2317 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Vince does amazing detailed work, he also created our custom shooter rod for the YEGPIN donor machine prize.

Agreeed! I have never met the man yet but told him I'm buying beers if he shows up at YEGPIN!!

20170129_124250 (resized).jpg20170129_124250 (resized).jpg

#2318 6 years ago

Anyone hit up Pin-Bar in Calgary yet? Thoughts? Wondering if the concord group is involved as well with Arlen like the Palomino.

#2319 6 years ago

Pin-Bar is a lot of fun! They have pretty much every in-production pinball machine available to play. There have been a few changes, as they did have an Alien but there were continuous problems with the machine breaking down... the ball trough (among other things) ended up having a problem that couldn't be fixed without waiting for Heighway to send some replacement parts, so better than having a broken game sitting around taking up space, that game has been replaced with a 75th Anniversary Wizard of Oz! I think I heard that Alien would be back someday if Heighway works out all their issues. I believe Concord is a partner with Arlen on this. The head chef is from the Palomino and they've got a pretty great menu, lots of tasty sandwiches and a good lineup of beers and other cocktails. We have a video tour of the place in the works and it includes some of the behind the scenes stuff when the games were being brought in, we interview Arlen and we do a walkthrough of the games. I hope to get that video out in the next week or two.

We (Chance and myself from The Canadian Arcade and another friend) picked up most of the games when they were shipped out back in February and delivered and setup a lot of them, along with some help from Tommy and a couple experienced operators/enthusiasts from BC that Nitro brought to help configure the games and share some knowledge with Arlen. I've only been in a few times since the doors opened now, but Chance is in a few times a week helping out with fixes and some maintenance stuff and keeps me updated on happenings.

#2320 6 years ago

Sweet thanks @joshodbrown, I will head down tonight to check it out. Cheers! If you have any suggestions on what to play send them my way! Hoping they have a Medieval madness.

#2321 6 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/11126-pinbar-sandwich-co-calgary-ab#gameslist

I would have thought they would have brought in a MMR after Aliens blew up instead of WOZ but hey different strokes for different folks.

Quoted from jmbit:

Sweet thanks joshodbrown, I will head down tonight to check it out. Cheers! If you have any suggestions on what to play send them my way! Hoping they have a Medieval madness.

#2322 6 years ago

Watch your electrical bill skyrocket. Those little fuc*ers dont have to abide to energy standards. The one i bought new for my house was costing me 15 bucks a month....

#2323 6 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Watch your electrical bill skyrocket. Those little fuc*ers dont have to abide to energy standards. The one i bought new for my house was costing me 15 bucks a month....

Same here... Worst thing in my house when I tested everything for energy costs. Gave it away for free and bought a regular mini fridge.

#2324 6 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Really????!!! That seems abit crazy. When I move into my new house, we have 3 mini fridges, screw paying $45 a month!!

#2325 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Really????!!! That seems abit crazy. When I move into my new house, we have 3 mini fridges, screw paying $45 a month!!

Spencer - The library (So I've heard) you can rent out or book the energy testers. A buddy had one I borrowed to test everything with. Strongly suggest it, he bought one of the testers on amazon just to test an old 4 way glass fridge he got from Subway back in the day. Thing was costing him a LOT!

Some of the new ones have gotten a lot better like the name brand/wine fridges.

#2326 6 years ago

lol, " the library, so I've heard"

I should check that out.

#2327 6 years ago
    Quoted from jmbit:

Sweet thanks joshodbrown, I will head down tonight to check it out. Cheers! If you have any suggestions on what to play send them my way! Hoping they have a Medieval madness.

The Station in Riverbend has an MMR LE!

#2328 6 years ago

Don't know if it's a Canada wide problem or just local. Day & Ross Transport has decided to send pinball machines on trucks back & forth in New Brunswick instead of direct to our Dartmouth (Halifax) depot for pick up. Extremely annoying & increases the risk of damage. The last 2 pins from Ontario to N.S. with different owners went on weird trips to add extra miles & days on to their delivery. Like what F is going on?

#2329 6 years ago

JoshODBrown that wizard of oz 75th was awesome. Might be a new favourite. Good call on it! Anyone who hasn't played i highly recommend.

#2330 6 years ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Don't know if it's a Canada wide problem or just local. Day & Ross Transport has decided to send pinball machines on trucks back & forth in New Brunswick instead of direct to our Dartmouth (Halifax) depot for pick up. Extremely annoying & increases the risk of damage. The last 2 pins from Ontario to N.S. with different owners went on weird trips to add extra miles & days on to their delivery. Like what F is going on?

Hey John, Nitro has a killer rate with Vitran because of volume. They’ll deliver to Dartmouth. Msg. Me if I can help. Thx, Tommy

#2331 6 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Hey John, Nitro has a killer rate with Vitran because of volume. They’ll deliver to Dartmouth. Msg. Me if I can help. Thx, Tommy

I cant wait to order my next pin from Tommy @nitro! First class all around, thanks!

#2332 6 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

Tourney time at the Pin Bar Calgary
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1727163394008091/permalink/1727163400674757/
    Added 15 days ago: March 24th..............

Any spots left?

#2333 6 years ago

Yes,as of last night.

2 weeks later
    #2334 6 years ago

A little while back we had the opportunity to help pickup/deliver/setup all of the games for the brand new Pin-Bar in Calgary. I know most of the local Alberta folks have made it down to check it out, but for any out of towners who haven't had a chance to see what its all about and are thinking of a trip to our neck of the woods, heres our Pin-Bar video. The interview with Arlen (owner/general manager) starts around the 21-minute mark if you want to skip over all the nerdy ride-along loading and unloading portion of our video. Pin-Bar currently has 18 pins, and a small growing collection of arcade games

#2335 6 years ago

Great video!

And kudos to Tommy nitro for getting another TNA out on location!

#2336 6 years ago

Picked up another pin today. A Gottlieb El Dorado EM. Condition is pretty good for something that was made in 1975 It's gonna need a bit of wood repair in some spots, few bits have some surface rust, and I have yet to plug it in, (it was like 1:30am when i got home from the pickup...). Very happy with it and very excited to get into my first EM. I'm the second owner of this particular El Dorado. Its original owner bought it brand new the year it was released and he told me it was also the first game he purchased brand new when he became an operator.

IMG_0206 (resized).JPGIMG_0206 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0207 (resized).JPGIMG_0207 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0209 (resized).JPGIMG_0209 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0208 (resized).JPGIMG_0208 (resized).JPG

#2337 6 years ago

Please bring that El Dorado to YegPin! We need more EMs!

#2338 6 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

Please bring that El Dorado to YegPin! We need more EMs!

Sadly due to a massive change in schedule for another commitment, I personally had to pull out of YEGPIN almost completely. If I get some time off from production I might take a day trip up to hang out.

Josh's half of The Canadian Arcade will be representing tho, so if you see him walking the game room with his camera, be sure to photobomb it. A lot.

#2339 6 years ago

Hey all, does anyone know who can repair a board for me. A friend of mine owns a F14 Tomcat and recently the slings, pop bumper and ball trough eject stopped working. I went over to give him a hand and found this.

20180410_105212 (resized).jpg20180410_105212 (resized).jpg

#2340 6 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

who can repair a board for me

I've used John's Jukes in Vancouver a few times. Last time was a long wait. That board looks pretty toasty. Send him pics of both sides. https://www.flippers.com/

#2341 6 years ago

You sure have an awesome collection of pins smiley

#2342 6 years ago
    Quoted from smiley:

I've used John's Jukes in Vancouver a few times. Last time was a long wait. That board looks pretty toasty. Send him pics of both sides. https://www.flippers.com/

Thanks I sent him pics.

#2343 6 years ago
    Quoted from nightsearcher:

awesome collection

Thanks man, pretty happy with it.

#2344 6 years ago

Saw this show last night and I think its just starting its swing across Canada, worth checking out when it comes your way.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cirque-du-soleil-crystal-has-a-very-cool-pinball-scene

#2345 6 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

Thanks I sent him pics.

Going to YEGPIN? If so and you can bring it with you I am sure there are a few YEG pin heads that could help.

#2346 6 years ago

I ordered a new board, this is a friends game and he didn't feel like waiting. But I am coming to Yegpin, I might bring it with me anyway since it always good to have a back up and I would love to learn how to fix boards.

#2347 6 years ago

So it happened....

Tommy played a gottlieb

IMG_20180419_163551 (resized).jpgIMG_20180419_163551 (resized).jpg

#2348 5 years ago
    Quoted from libtech:

I tried his standard chrome, actually very nice! Ninja is a bit nicer but not a huge upgrade. However I was having some issues in mag games, most games will be fine though
    Oohhh shinys used to be better than either.
    So I ordered his carbon balls, which are very nice for the money.

Look to the start of July for new stock in the Carbon ball purvue.

#2349 5 years ago

I'm looking to get a few stools for in front of the arcade and multicade and don't want to spend alot. Don't care on subject matter. Any leads on where to buy?

index.jpegindex.jpeg

#2350 5 years ago

I think possibly Canadian tire. I know they used to have them with hockey team logos on them. And if you hit them during one of their sales they are cheap.

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/47?hl=jmbit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.