(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 95.
    #2251 6 years ago

Awe man, I just did a monster order and had it shipped to Minot, the in-laws were flying out of there and I had a great pinsider accept it at his house for me. $115 us shipping to my house, $9.99 to him.

#2252 6 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Awe man, I just did a monster order and had it shipped to Minot, the in-laws were flying out of there and I had a great pinsider accept it at his house for me. $115 us shipping to my house, $9.99 to him.

that's crazy ! they just don't get it ,

#2253 6 years ago

Marco's Guide to Canadian Shipping:

1. Pay for iGlobal shipping to Canada (bend over)
    2. Wait at least 3 weeks.
    3. Start wondering in week #4 if your shipment was lost.
    4. Call iGlobal and discover that they have even less information about the shipment than you do...Tracking? What Tracking?
    5. Eventually receive shipment.
    6. Scream or sigh (your choice) because at least one of the plastic parts will be defective.
    7. Re-Order.

Total time to fix machine (about 3 months)

#2254 6 years ago

Klr650 you missed a comment. 'Marco Box arrives inside a IGlobal box." The Marco box looks likes it has been passed through a planer, then an inkpad was swiped across it. Oh! and that it shows up 9 weeks later. With several nice Emails from iGlobal stating it has been found and is on its way. Good thing it is only pinball parts and not something really time sensitive.

I would bet dollars to doughnuts that iGlobal doesn't use their own company to send their pay packets out.

#2255 6 years ago

8. open box to discover you missed ordering certain part
    9. scream in frustration

#2256 6 years ago

10. the UPS shake down at the door +$50

#2257 6 years ago

Greetings from just accross the border. If you ever need a place to ship stuff let me know.

#2258 6 years ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

Greetings from just accross the border. If you ever need a place to ship stuff let me know.

SAYS THE GUY WHO SAVED MY DAY!!!!

Thx man! Guess what, just opened the box 2 minutes ago, the parents-in-law came to watch my boys hockey game tonight and brought it to me!

#2259 6 years ago

So there's me, Paul and Derek needs some stuff for YEGpin. If anyone else in Edmonton is looking to get in on a Marco order, speak now or forever be satisfied that you didn't have to deal with that price-gouging a-hole who happens to have a bunch of stuff we can't get elsewhere.

Edit: No real rush here, we'll probably make an order sometime in the next couple weeks.

#2260 6 years ago

aeonblack I’ll likely jump in on the order, pending I get my shit together in time!

#2261 6 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

SAYS THE GUY WHO SAVED MY DAY!!!!
    Thx man! Guess what, just opened the box 2 minutes ago, the parents-in-law came to watch my boys hockey game tonight and brought it to me!

Not a problem! Good luck with your projects!

#2262 6 years ago

Don't forget:
    11. I paid how much for this small of a box?

Quoted from luch:

10. the UPS shake down at the door +$50

#2263 6 years ago

Any pinsiders from Regina that have a regular league night that I might be able to get into while I am in the city (March 2-10)?

#2264 6 years ago
    Quoted from jedi42:

Any pinsiders from Regina that have a regular league night that I might be able to get into while I am in the city (March 2-10)?

NOPE! but if you wanna meet up to play some pinball, let me know.

#2265 6 years ago

Sounds good, I will shoot you a pm when I know our schedule a bit better.

Quoted from shaub:

NOPE! but if you wanna meet up to play some pinball, let me know.

#2266 6 years ago
    Quoted from jedi42:

I'm also in to play some pins.

#2267 6 years ago

Excellent.

Quoted from Pinhead306:

I'm also in to play some pins.

#2268 6 years ago

I'll be putting in the marco order this weekend, so if anyone else wants to get in on it, get your lists to me by tomorrow (sat) at the latest.

#2269 6 years ago

Visited Pinbar this week in YYC. It's frickin awesome. Truly what I wanted Pokey's to be. It's worth a trip! Wonderful folk and just a great over all atmosphere. Can't wait for my next visit!

20180221_214312 (resized).jpg20180221_214312 (resized).jpg
    20180221_224649 (resized).jpg20180221_224649 (resized).jpg
    20180221_233020 (resized).jpg20180221_233020 (resized).jpg

#2270 6 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Visited Pinbar this week in YYC. It's frickin awesome. Truly what I wanted Pokey's to be. It's worth a trip! Wonderful folk and just a great over all atmosphere. Can't wait for my next visit!

You need to step up yor beard game.

#2271 6 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Great location,with lots of the latest titles from all manufacturers.

Alien,TNA,Houdini,GOTG,SW premium,lots of new Sterns.

Approximately 20 games in total,few arcades too.
    All of the NIB games supplied by Nitro Pinball.
    Best Pinball Dealer in Canada,Hi Tommy,lol.
    Few used ones.

Stop on by for a visit,you will be happy you did.

#2272 6 years ago

I have 2 rooms available for TEXAS Pinball Festival.

one is for Friday until Monday and other one is Thursday to Monday.

Great Show!

#2273 6 years ago

Does anyone have any recommendations for external power supplies inside a pin? My Judge Dredd is pretty decked out, and with the PinStadium lights, it's finally reached its tipping point. I figure now is a good time to put all that extra lighting and stuff into its own power supply.

#2274 6 years ago

Congrats to Pinbar, took the family today and it was great! Good food, huge portions, great games! Hopefully we can see some more craft beers on tap soon! Fellow Pinsiders Al and Dan were hanging out as well.

Only downfall, the wife now has a new favorite game, Ill need to get!

#2275 6 years ago

anyone care to add Pinbar and it's list of pins to the Pinmap?

#2276 6 years ago

Definitely need to drive down to Calgary and check out Spooky's TNA! So, how is it that Edmonton doesn't have this game yet?

#2277 6 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

Definitely need to drive down to Calgary and check out Spooky's TNA! So, how is it that Edmonton doesn't have this game yet?

I played it twice, SUPER fast but the overall feel isn't for me. Then again, I'm a ramps and toys guy.

#2278 6 years ago

TNA is also at the Trap and Gill in Calgary. Had a great few first games on Friday at lunch. I did find the game does not have many shots but it is fast paced and enjoyable with quite a few surprises cooked in. Destroyed 5 or 6 of the 9 reactors but not sure what all else the game offers to do code wise. I gotta think there is much more?

B973B148-3050-4D43-A888-60B311D2FFDD (resized).jpegB973B148-3050-4D43-A888-60B311D2FFDD (resized).jpeg

#2279 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinchamp:

TNA is also at the Trap and Gill in Calgary. Had a great few first games on Friday at lunch. I did find the game does not have many shots but it is fast paced and enjoyable with quite a few surprises cooked in. Destroyed 5 or 6 of the 9 reactors but not sure what all else the game offers to do code wise. I gotta think there is much more?

I destroyed 2 reactors myself but left feeling it needed more. Maybe if I play it more??

#2280 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Congrats to Pinbar, took the family today and it was great! Good food, huge portions, great games! Hopefully we can see some more craft beers on tap soon! Fellow Pinsiders Al and Dan were hanging out as well.
    Only downfall, the wife now has a new favorite game, Ill need to get!

Sorry man didn't even realize it was you,lol
    Great place,food is excellent.
    the smoked wings are great too.

#2281 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

I destroyed 2 reactors myself but left feeling it needed more. Maybe if I play it more??

Yeah with no ramps and no toys and not a really inspiring multiball it seems a bit shallow at first glance but the action is fast paced down below, lighting the grid to start the reactor is risk/reward type fun...Getting to the top play area and working it is satisfying. I only played 4 games and I must admit the layout was different. A cool alternative in a large collection as it plays nothing like a stern or a Williams game. Not sure it had a huge “one more game” appeal as it did seem it was just reactor after reactor and multiball after multiball... each one being more shots to get to but still the same shots to do it. I did get a few “passwords” as I progressed but I have no idea what that does or if u can do anything with those. Potential for sure IMO.

#2282 6 years ago

Too funny, I asked you about ACDC... Great place, we had a great time.

#2283 6 years ago

blockquote cite="#4248991">anyone care to add Pinbar and it's list of pins to the Pinmap?

Done !

#2284 6 years ago

Much appreciated, thanks!

#2285 6 years ago
    Quoted from RumRunner9:

Much appreciated, thanks!

My pleasure ! I was surprised it wasn't already there .

#2286 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinchamp:

Yeah with no ramps and no toys and not a really inspiring multiball it seems a bit shallow at first glance but the action is fast paced down below, lighting the grid to start the reactor is risk/reward type fun...Getting to the top play area and working it is satisfying. I only played 4 games and I must admit the layout was different. A cool alternative in a large collection as it plays nothing like a stern or a Williams game. Not sure it had a huge “one more game” appeal as it did seem it was just reactor after reactor and multiball after multiball... each one being more shots to get to but still the same shots to do it. I did get a few “passwords” as I progressed but I have no idea what that does or if u can do anything with those. Potential for sure IMO.

From the wiki: Total Nuclear Annihilation (TNA) is a perfect example of “Simple to learn, difficult to master”. The game play is deceptivly simple, but is loaded with behaviors aimed to press the competitiveness of the game in a head-to-head scenario. Timing, pressure, and reaction are the reoccurring themes in TNA.

See http://tiltforums.com/t/total-nuclear-annihilation-rulesheet/

Btw Your score indicates you blew up 3 reactors, the final digit is the number of reactors you’ve destroyed. Keep playing, it grows on you, definately a more intense experience that most other games.

#2287 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

From the wiki: Total Nuclear Annihilation (TNA) is a perfect example of “Simple to learn, difficult to master”. The game play is deceptivly simple, but is loaded with behaviors aimed to press the competitiveness of the game in a head-to-head scenario. Timing, pressure, and reaction are the reoccurring themes in TNA.
    See http://tiltforums.com/t/total-nuclear-annihilation-rulesheet/
    Btw Your score indicates you blew up 3 reactors, the final digit is the number of reactors you’ve destroyed. Keep playing, it grows on you, definately a more intense experience that most other games.

It was definitely growing on me Ken. Must have been my other game that ended in a “6” as I know I was up to 6 reactors. I just assumed highest score was the one with the most reactors but I guess not. I look forward to playing again!

#2288 6 years ago

I found it a blast to play multiplayer. Did not play on my own. Should be a great tourney game.

#2289 6 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

Does anyone have any recommendations for external power supplies inside a pin? My Judge Dredd is pretty decked out, and with the PinStadium lights, it's finally reached its tipping point. I figure now is a good time to put all that extra lighting and stuff into its own power supply.

I ordered a 12v laptop power supply from Amazon.ca, works good so far and takes up barely any room. About 25-30 dollars. Using 4 of them so far. similar to what is used in a Cactus Canyon Continued setup for powering the amplifier.

#2290 6 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

I ordered a 12v laptop power supply from Amazon.ca, works good so far and takes up barely any room. About 25-30 dollars. Using 4 of them so far. similar to what is used in a Cactus Canyon Continued setup for powering the amplifier.

Got any pictures of the setup? Just trying to visualize how I would wire the 12v off of the laptop power supply. I probably have some of those power supplies just sitting around.

#2291 6 years ago

I would be interested in seeing and learning more of such a setup as well.

Quoted from aeonblack:

Got any pictures of the setup? Just trying to visualize how I would wire the 12v off of the laptop power supply. I probably have some of those power supplies just sitting around.

#2292 6 years ago

FWIW.....I bought a 12V power supply from MRO in Edmonton. It was for the color pin2DMD in my SF2.

Super easy to install...even for me

#2293 6 years ago

On Friday, the Toronto Pinball League was featured on the CTV News at Noon live broadcast with Anwar Knight!

Big thanks to mrxsiv for hosting the event, Jerry Power & Player 1 for providing 'Houdini', coffee & doughnuts, and to all the ToPL members and guests who donated their time to come out and support the league and pinball! Thanks also to SegaDude for posting the video!

#2294 6 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

I cut the laptop end off and the attached a 3 pin molex, routed that into one of Pinball Life's/DK Pinball's 8 way power splitters. Or you could hook it into a 2 or 3 way molex splitter. Power is off a power bar the machine is on as well, alternatively it could be plugged into the service outlet, or rewire the service outlet to turn on with the game power. If you need a pic I can open up IJ this weekend.

#2295 6 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

I cut the laptop end off and the attached a 3 pin molex, routed that into one of Pinball Life's/DK Pinball's 8 way power splitters. Or you could hook it into a 2 or 3 way molex splitter. Power is off a power bar the machine is on as well, alternatively it could be plugged into the service outlet, or rewire the service outlet to turn on with the game power. If you need a pic I can open up IJ this weekend.

Gotcha, that's about what I was thinking. It's crazy how overloaded these games were that a bunch of LED's would be enough to push them over their power limits lol.

#2296 6 years ago
    Quoted from PNorth:

On Friday, the Toronto Pinball League was featured on the CTV News at Noon live broadcast with Anwar Knight!
    » YouTube video
    Big thanks to mrxsiv for hosting the event, Jerry Power & Player 1 for providing 'Houdini', coffee & doughnuts, and to all the ToPL members and guests who donated their time to come out and support the league and pinball! Thanks also to SegaDude for posting the video!

"Most of those will be bolted to the floor so you can't bump them". WTF?

#2297 6 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

"Most of those will be bolted to the floor so you can't bump them". WTF?

Yeah... not sure where Ken Shaw got that idea... Perhaps he tried to lift one when he was a kid, and assumed they were all bolted to the floor!

#2298 6 years ago
    Quoted from PNorth:

Yeah... not sure where Ken Shaw got that idea... Perhaps he tried to lift one when he was a kid, and assumed they were all bolted to the floor!

maybe he played in some sketchy neighborhood !

#2299 6 years ago

I bolt my games to the concrete floor in my basement.

Doesn't everybody?

#2300 6 years ago

then they become fixtures of the house !

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/46?hl=lord_of_the_pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.