(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 85 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 95.
    #2201 6 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

What would a widebody Williams regular glass be worth?
    Minor scratches average to good condition?

$20

#2202 6 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

What would a widebody Williams regular glass be worth?
    Minor scratches average to good condition?

$15-$20

#2203 6 years ago

Free with scratches,at least I give mine away if they are scratched up at all.

#2204 6 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Free with scratches,at least I give mine away if they are scratched up at all.

I’m still rockin’ that free “scratched up” glass you gave me. For awhile there it might have been the nicest glass on any of my games...

#2205 6 years ago

I just give my old ones away to my friends who route

#2206 6 years ago

Speaking of glass, is the roman invisiglass any good? Is it worth the upgrade?

#2207 6 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Speaking of glass, is the roman invisiglass any good? Is it worth the upgrade?

Yes

#2208 6 years ago

If you really want it, wait for Yegpin, last year Tommy brought a load to sell, and you don't have to worry about shipping. Also, if you want to see before purchase, pm me and you can see it in person on a couple of mine. It makes huge difference. Just don't clean it with ammonia based glass product.

#2209 6 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

If you really want it, wait for Yegpin, last year Tommy brought a load to sell, and you don't have to worry about shipping. Also, if you want to see before purchase, pm me and you can see it in person on a couple of mine. It makes huge difference. Just don't clean it with ammonia based glass product.

Hey @volkdrive, thanks for the offer. I was planning on getting it at YEGPIN as Tommy said he would be bringing some up again this year.

I was just looking for input and was 90% certain about getting it anyways.....my TFTC needs it really bad. Thanks again!

#2210 6 years ago

I'm going to get some too, I need one wide though, so will have to preorder that one with Tommy I think. It's a great addition, just easier to buy it at the show for sure!

#2211 6 years ago

Does Tommy bring regular glass too?

#2212 6 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

No

#2213 6 years ago

I just want a sheet of regular glass too. I would rather spend that extra money on balls than something the cats are going to scratch up.

#2214 6 years ago

Maybe get rid of the cats.

QSS

#2215 6 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

I just want a sheet of regular glass too. I would rather spend that extra money on balls than something the cats are going to scratch up.

You can order tempered glass from your local glass shop, if there isn't a shop like mine around who stocks almost all sizes. Just be sure to get the sizes right! In Canada you would order 5mm thick glass with arrised/seamed edges, if you tell the glass shop you will be handling the glass with bare hands they will get the edges correct. You can order from us, but shipping glass will make it more expensive than just getting it locally...
    Be SURE to get tempered glass!

John :-#)#

#2216 6 years ago
    Quoted from Flippers_com:

You can order tempered glass from your local glass shop, if there isn't a shop like mine around who stocks almost all sizes. Just be sure to get the sizes right! In Canada you would order 5mm thick glass with arrised/seamed edges, if you tell the glass shop you will be handling the glass with bare hands they will get the edges correct. You can order from us, but shipping glass will make it more expensive than just getting it locally...
    Be SURE to get tempered glass!

P.S. It's good to mention that you do not want the safety stamp on the glass.

#2217 6 years ago

nitro carries glass here locally, i've bought a few sheets from tommy

#2218 6 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

I'm happy to bring out whatever you need. Send me a msg. anytime. Thx, T

#2219 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

P.S. It's good to mention that you do not want the safety stamp on the glass.

I am curious why you do not want the word "Tempered" on the glass? Proof of providing safety glass would seem to me to be self-evident. Like using CSA labeled electrical parts, it shows the quality of the workmanship - why make people guess? One can use the Polaroid lenses to show if the glass is tempered or not, but not everyone knows that...

#2220 6 years ago

more importantly Tommy do you anticipate having a Jersey Jack POTC at Yegpin this year??

#2221 6 years ago
    Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

more importantly Tommy do you anticipate having a Jersey Jack POTC at Yegpin this year??

Absolutely. We'll also have the rest of the JJP lineup, Houdini from AP, Thunderbirds from Homepin, Alien LE from Heighway, The Big Lebowski from Dutch/Xytech, the entire series from Chicago Gaming (including CE, SE & LE models), plus latest from Stern and a few surprises we'll announce shortly before the show.

#2222 6 years ago

You’re going to have 15+ games at yegpin?!

#2223 6 years ago

Yep the floor plan has 15 games from Nitro scheduled for YEGPIN none of which are currently listed on in the site. Going to be a huge show again this year!!!!

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

#2224 6 years ago

I also request NO STAMP or BUG on tempered glass I order. Seems like the logo has been getting bigger over the years. They wonder why, & I have to explain that people don't want to see it on a new backglass or playfield. I'm on my 3rd manufacturer now, PPG. Had my P.E.I. manufacturer (2nd) wreck their canopy truck & phone/TV cables in the past because of their drivers stupidity with maple trees on my street. Prelco (1st) (Quebec) guys were the best with boom 18 wheeler trailer, no problems on the street (dead end). Neighbours loved seeing crates of tempered glass on my lawn or driveway.

#2225 6 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Absolutely. We'll also have the rest of the JJP lineup, Houdini from AP, Thunderbirds from Homepin, Alien LE from Heighway, The Big Lebowski from Dutch/Xytech, the entire series from Chicago Gaming (including CE, SE & LE models), plus latest from Stern and a few surprises we'll announce shortly before the show.

Yessssssssssssssssss!

#2226 6 years ago

Unreal I cannot wait.

#2227 6 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

You bet TMC!

#2228 6 years ago

Damn son, guess there will be no room left for the Tmc Amusements display

#2229 6 years ago

Your going to need a Bigger truck!!!

#2230 6 years ago
    Quoted from Flippers_com:

I am curious why you do not want the word "Tempered" on the glass? Proof of providing safety glass would seem to me to be self-evident. Like using CSA labeled electrical parts, it shows the quality of the workmanship - why make people guess? One can use the Polaroid lenses to show if the glass is tempered or not, but not everyone knows that...

I only buy sheets for me I know what I bought, no reason for the ugly logo.

#2231 6 years ago

Thats sounds like a lot of work on my end,lol
    Great to see all the new titles here

#2232 6 years ago

Hey guys, are there many places in Regina to play? Will be out there in March for the Tim Hortons Brier.

#2233 6 years ago

There are a few places to play they are all on the pinside map. Best place is rebellion brewery. Lots of the machines around town could use some tweaking. But we do have machines to play atleast. Hopefully we get something going soon. Need a league here.

#2234 6 years ago
    Quoted from jedi42:

Hey guys, are there many places in Regina to play? Will be out there in March for the Tim Hortons Brier.

Boy .... any chance you were planning to head up to saskatoon.... lots of places to choose from here... especially the iconic ‘pokeys Pinball cafe’ .... a place purely dedicated to Pinball and good food oh and most importantly beer!!! And if you got more than a couple hours there are about 10-13 places in Saskatoon to play... definitely the hot bed of Pinball in Saskatchewan.

#2235 6 years ago

Wow, I can't wait for yegpin, going to be an unreal lineup of pins there this year!

#2236 6 years ago

No, no time in the schedule to leave Regina sadly. Been to Saskatoon, beautiful area for sure.

Quoted from toasterman04:

Boy .... any chance you were planning to head up to saskatoon.... lots of places to choose from here... especially the iconic ‘pokeys Pinball cafe’ .... a place purely dedicated to Pinball and good food oh and most importantly beer!!! And if you got more than a couple hours there are about 10-13 places in Saskatoon to play... definitely the hot bed of Pinball in Saskatchewan.

#2237 6 years ago

perpetual splooge

#2238 6 years ago

I was flying through Calgary last night and walked down to my gate and holy crap, right there...... Flippers`, I had heard there was some in airport but lucky in front of my gate. Three pins, its the middle of the night and nobody's around. I walk in to check them out, and I LOL, didn't know why yet, South Park is sitting at Ball 2 and 2 credits, Ripleys is sitting at Ball 1 with 4 credits left. Well, baby! Pull the plunger and start playing, have never played either so i'm pumped. I found out why credits left. The switch in the VUK below Chef doesnt work and have to wait for ball search to get it out, someone must have figured the games was buggered and walked. As for Ripleys, really cool, I want one now! Same issue, the cellar right in front of left flipper wont recognize the ball and wait for ball search also, so painful, got a couple test games in anyway. Fix 'em up!

p.s. before you shat on me, I sent in a nice email from their sticker on the pins to let them know they are in need of the repairs for people to play.

#2239 6 years ago

Less and less CDN dollars needed to buy those US dollars

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 2.56.04 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-01-17 at 2.56.04 PM (resized).png

#2240 6 years ago

8B9A918C-4572-43A8-B513-27E65A0CB12F (resized).jpeg8B9A918C-4572-43A8-B513-27E65A0CB12F (resized).jpeg

#2241 6 years ago

2D16A23F-5563-4F4B-91EF-C35BB6C2679A (resized).jpeg2D16A23F-5563-4F4B-91EF-C35BB6C2679A (resized).jpeg6322B877-EAE4-42DD-9229-C1B53F4ABE71 (resized).jpeg6322B877-EAE4-42DD-9229-C1B53F4ABE71 (resized).jpegF652893B-79BA-45B5-A834-7C1D203D36EA (resized).jpegF652893B-79BA-45B5-A834-7C1D203D36EA (resized).jpeg

B6389C6D-F4DD-4BFC-8CC3-D14DCC29E30F (resized).jpegB6389C6D-F4DD-4BFC-8CC3-D14DCC29E30F (resized).jpeg

#2242 6 years ago

Almost pulled the trigger on the WCS for sale on Kijiji in Edmonton, anybody from Pinside scoop it up?

#2243 6 years ago

Anyone have the completed bracket to look at from the weekend event in Calgary?

#2244 6 years ago

67480C3A-2810-495A-A4F9-05C20A1DFF9C (resized).jpeg67480C3A-2810-495A-A4F9-05C20A1DFF9C (resized).jpeg6C26336F-FBFD-4F28-9AA2-3A989C1C2833 (resized).jpeg6C26336F-FBFD-4F28-9AA2-3A989C1C2833 (resized).jpegF16BA16F-3601-4254-BF7C-62F5CFC0D284 (resized).jpegF16BA16F-3601-4254-BF7C-62F5CFC0D284 (resized).jpeg

#2245 6 years ago

TY sir

1 week later
    #2246 6 years ago

We were super lucky to be able to babysit an Attack from Mars LE Remake that Nitro Pinball recently shipped out to us here in Calgary! In a week or so, this game is going to be heading down to a brand new pinball joint called Pin-Bar! This place is going to have a KILLER starting line up of games (I believe it should have around 20 or so), a kick-ass menu, and it's not too far from downtown (501 17th ave s.w Calgary)... slated to open February 22, 2018. We were able to put the machine through its paces, film a few games, and give a short review for our channel before we hand deliver it to Pin-Bar.

1 week later
    #2247 6 years ago

I'm thrilled to announce that TNA has arrived is ready to go on location!
    -----------
    Welcome to the Future! Total Nuclear Annihilation pinball arrives that the Atlantic Trap & Gill in Calgary this Friday.

Come out this Friday, February 16th between 7pm and 11pm for friendly drop-in match-play on the game that is the talk of the pinball world.

TNA will be 2 credits for $1 all night.
    Highest score of the evening wins a $25 Trap & Gill Gift Certificate!

TNA will be remaining on location at the Trap & Gill for regular league play, etc. as well so if you can’t make it Friday, drop in anytime afterwards.

http://www.atlantictrapandgill.com/calgary-yyc/

#2248 6 years ago

Does anyone have a Pinscore or Williams system 11bc dual alfa-numeric display kicking around that they would sell me?

1EB827C0-E950-4CC1-8C54-96D95A6D2565 (resized).jpeg1EB827C0-E950-4CC1-8C54-96D95A6D2565 (resized).jpeg

#2249 6 years ago

If anyone in Edmonton needs to make a Marco order, I need 3 of these:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-6065-25

#2250 6 years ago

I'll jump in for the Marco order Aeonblack.. pm message sent, thanks!

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.