(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,720 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Dee-Bow
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 285 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7B75DF8B-0969-4BD2-BBA3-F5B27282D9B4 (resized).jpeg
    BD97DB96-5E9D-4FF1-BDC5-6CCE7582D902 (resized).jpeg
    35E9AD00-8E5C-4EFD-ACAC-2F956A292297 (resized).jpeg
    6AEAD851-A0D9-4077-817B-0C5C5C5F92BF (resized).jpeg
    4827E048-26D9-4EB4-8671-377A37A0A31F (resized).jpeg
    8CC0B237-D244-48E0-B789-65656375E8F9 (resized).jpeg
    00C72BEF-E4DE-4B04-9E95-39AB6C36C3F7 (resized).jpeg
    Die Hard Pinball League_FB (resized).png
    Metallica for Bill (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 7.34.04 AM (resized).png
    Image-17 (resized).png
    Image-16 (resized).png
    Image-19 (resized).png
    20190805_184015.jpg
    EEB3B0FE-6881-49E1-9FA5-7079B2B799F3 (resized).jpeg
    $_59.JPG.jpg

There are 2720 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 55.
    #2151 1 year ago

Yah i was in town and the traffic in toronto to get to playdium store can be even more rediculous...

At least only 5% sales tax..

Now my barn find demolition man can start the restore

#2152 1 year ago

I think Jerry at P1 has been great to deal with. And like many was disappointed in their pricing. I did speak to Tommy and will look at options in the new year as we finish phase 1 of the game room. When all was factored into the mix ( duty, freight, exchange) I didn't do awful comparatively speaking on price.

Anyone have experience receiving pins from Player 1, I have 4 coming and want to make sure I know what I'm getting myself into, hows the customer Service. I think Jerry has been good...what is the rest of the team post purchase like for delivery setup etc?

Hoping this works out, as I have a Pinball Alley to build!

Cheers,

Requis

#2153 1 year ago
    Quoted from trueno92:

Yah i was in town and the traffic in toronto to get to playdium store can be even more rediculous...
    At least only 5% sales tax..
    Now my barn find demolition man can start the restore

Did you try the Rec Room?? WOW....Great place to Play Pinball! Owned by Cineplex ( P1 was bought by Cineplex).

#2154 1 year ago

DEE96843-BB38-499A-AD31-7F7D99BD2C39 (resized).jpeg

#2155 1 year ago

Wish I was local...

#2156 1 year ago
    Quoted from Requis:

Did you try the Rec Room?? WOW....Great place to Play Pinball! Owned by Cineplex ( P1 was bought by Cineplex).

I heard that the downtown location only has 1 machine?

For pins, I thjnk id go to tilt!

#2157 1 year ago
    Quoted from Requis:

Rec room in Calgary blows!! 2 machines that play VERY poorly.

#2158 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

It's a big country

Hahahah yeah like Australia! I'll be in Vancouver on Monday for the day.. (fresh off the plane).. The gf has suggested checking out the Cappilano bridge which looks cool plus doing some shopping while we are there. I thought the science museum and the space centre looked pretty good and I thought we could find some pinnies for a game or two.. Bar 340 has been recommended so I guess I'm going there unless someone can suggest better..

#2159 1 year ago
    Quoted from chinosts:

Hahahah yeah like Australia! I'll be in Vancouver on Monday for the day.. (fresh off the plane).. The gf has suggested checking out the Cappilano bridge which looks cool plus doing some shopping while we are there. I thought the science museum and the space centre looked pretty good and I thought we could find some pinnies for a game or two.. Bar 340 has been recommended so I guess I'm going there unless someone can suggest better..

If you are going to be in vancouver why not take the gondola ride in squamish before winter roles in...or should I say rain. Plenty of things to do in nature out there. Whistler shouldn't be missed but it's probably further than you want to go. Rent some skis for the day and go skiing. Or find a place to go see the salmon swim up streams....(not sure if it's the time of year for that)

#2160 1 year ago

*****Breaking news:

The war for pinball territory in Canada rages on. Tmc Amusements is holding the mighty nitro pinball stool captive and won’t relinquish it until our demands are met.

Our demands are simple...all the nitro bucks.

Stay tuned.

10624CD4-131A-4CA0-A692-954366CD7390 (resized).jpeg
    B4EF38D2-2D3A-4FE4-8C0D-786B2CCD5A59 (resized).png

#2161 1 year ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

*****Breaking news:
    The war for pinball territory in Canada rages on. Tmc Amusements is holding the mighty nitro pinball stool captive and won’t relinquish it until our demands are met.
    Our demands are simple...all the nitro bucks.
    Stay tuned.

I almost had that here as well.
    If I’d known it was worth that much,I would have kept it

#2162 1 year ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

*****Breaking news:
    Our demands are simple...all the nitro bucks. I just about pissed myself laughing when I saw this! You’re awesome Trev!
    Stay tuned.

#2163 1 year ago
    Quoted from chinosts:

Pub 340
    Lamp Lighter
    12 Kings
    The American
    Bimini
    Far Out Coffee

Those are the best spots in Vancouver.
    Wednesday has a tournament at Lamplighter. Thursday has a tournament at Bimini. Everything else is pretty much wrapped up for the year. If you have access to a car and you're still here on the 16th you should go out to Nitro for their open house. Tommy and Suzanne always make everyone feel welcome. They're good people. If you want more details on the Vancouver scene feel free to dm me.

#2164 1 year ago

Big thanks to ninjaboot for all the hard work getting machines ready for tomorrow. Props to Brian Holderman for the sick art. Also huge thanks to Big J Arcade in St. Albert for supporting local Pinball and stepping up at the last min to take title sponsorship for this event. Really appreciate all three of you and all you do to help DHPL/YEGPIN. Everyone else, see you there! There are open spots so please come down at 11am sharp. Play in a fun IFPA backed tournament. Not into competitive pinball? Still come down and play for fun! Meet new people! Talk about the hobby, eat some food, drink some drinks, have fun!

http://www.diehardpinball.ca/?event=2017-dhpl-last-chance-pinball-tournament-2

LastChance (resized).png

#2165 1 year ago

Big shout out to Pokey's Pinball for hosting the sask last chance tourney on sunday afternoon! Extra thanks to SmokeDog(jason) for the amazing line up of sweet ass pins and to the tourney director Luc for running the show.. great times, great peeps, great day!! There was some good battles with the head to head format and lots of games played by everyone.

20171210_155625 (resized).jpg

20171210_152739 (resized).jpg

#2166 1 year ago

Buying pinball in Canada.
    I was just reading the comments about Nitro and Player 1 retailers.
    I am in the middle of trying to buy a new pin currently. Paid deposit and waiting on shipping. All I can say is when I wanted a new machine I contacted both retailers and picked the lowest price and distance. The problem I have now is the distributor is also waiting on shipment and the shipping dates are way off.
    My only complaints through the process, other than not playing my new pin yet, seems to be a lack of communication and unknown delivery times.
    Is this normal?
    I'll see how it goes.

#2167 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rascal-911:

I am in the middle of trying to buy a new pin currently. Paid deposit and waiting on shipping. All I can say is when I wanted a new machine I contacted both retailers and picked the lowest price and distance. The problem I have now is the distributor is also waiting on shipment and the shipping dates are way off.
    My only complaints through the process, other than not playing my new pin yet, seems to be a lack of communication and unknown delivery times.
    Is this normal?
    I'll see how it goes.

Which pin did you order?

#2168 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rascal-911:

Is this normal?
    I'll see how it goes.

Shipping right now is a complete mystery to most in the shipping business.

Anything outbound has been delayed by 1 day and up to 2 weeks on rail lately. I have had shipments fly through, and others sit in limbo.

Find out which company it's being shipped with and the waybill # or bol #. With this you can Google the carrier and call them direct for info.

If already paid, this info is rightfully yours to know and track.

#2169 1 year ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Which pin did you order?

AFMLE

#2170 1 year ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Shipping right now is a complete mystery to most in the shipping business.

This is Very true

#2171 1 year ago

Back for the third annual Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo (YEGPIN) 2018 proudly presented by Nitro Pinball & Retroactive Arcade. We are happy to be back at the Alberta Airport Museum in Edmonton this year from May 4th-6th, 2018. We can't wait to see you all there and have so much planed for this year.
    Get your tickets at https://www.yegpin.com

#2172 1 year ago

I grabbed my VIP ticket! I can't wait.

#2173 1 year ago

I made these today...

They're starting to multiply on my desk. Every couple hours there's more. At what point should i be concerned that they'll take control of my house and hold my loved ones hostage?

IMG_5818 (resized).jpg

#2174 1 year ago
    Quoted from ChanceKJ:

I made these today...
    They're starting to multiply on my desk. Every couple hours there's more. At what point should i be concerned that they'll take control of my house and hold my loved ones hostage?

When the 3D printer starts making other 3D printers and they self multiply. They look good tho, almost better then a 3D printer could make. You using a mold? Best not to let them touch water/feed them after midnight just to be safe.

#2175 1 year ago
    Quoted from yegpin:

Back for the third annual Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo (YEGPIN) 2018 proudly presented by Nitro Pinball & Retroactive Arcade. We are happy to be back at the Alberta Airport Museum in Edmonton this year from May 4th-6th, 2018. We can't wait to see you all there and have so much planed for this year.
    Get your tickets at https://www.yegpin.com

splooge

#2176 1 year ago

Yep, a mold. I could make crystal clear ones too if there was demand.

#2177 1 year ago

People will pay ChanceKJ, if it’s awesome. Us seasoned pinballers love unique stuff for our collections other than modified crap made from amazon stuff

#2178 1 year ago

For some odd reason, my FaceBook account has been disabled and I am in the process of getting it reinstated (maybe all the nudes I post, who knows?). However, I was posting in the Calgary Pinball enthusiasts FB group about having someone help me on Saturday afternoon or the 26th or 27th to help me unload a pin and move it down the stairs as I can't physically do it. I had 3 people say they could but have no idea how to contact them as I don't have access to FB at the moment. Hopefully, you are here on pinside as well and we can connect. Please send me private message me here if you are able to help. TY

P.S. I pay in booze and pinball games until you drop for the day, lol

Tony

#2179 1 year ago

Finally got a record player for Xmas so I can play some of this. Now it’s time to break out the rest of my collection.
    Been over 30 years since I’ve listened to some of these on vinyl.

84D94FA5-9BAA-4D1B-A3D8-27628F4E84B0 (resized).jpeg

#2180 1 year ago
    Quoted from Stretch7:

Finally got a record player for Xmas so I can play some of this. Now it’s time to break out the rest of my collection.

Great Xmas music! Lol

#2181 1 year ago

You bet Tommy
    This a plast from the past
    I Love It!!!
    I sure miss vinyl

#2182 1 year ago

Oh hell yes!!! Love

I need these in cd. Maybe nitro 2018 nitro packs? Hint hint

#2183 1 year ago
    Quoted from Stretch7:

Damn! I want that album! .. i heard PBF playing the Fri nite VIP party this year at YEGPIN !

#2184 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Damn! I want that album! .. i heard PBF playing the Fri nite VIP party this year at YEGPIN

Haha that would be awesome. This album wasn’t a easy one to find but found a new still sealed one out of Quebec ...cost a few dollars but one of those things I had to have.

#2185 1 year ago

I’m pretty sure if we get tommy loaded at yegpin we can get him to sing his hits

#2186 1 year ago

There is a stage Live music during vip party? I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to get a local to provide some equipment. Warm up the vocal cords Tommy!

Quoted from extraballingtmc:I’m pretty sure if we get tommy loaded at yegpin we can get him to sing his hits

#2187 1 year ago
    Quoted from Stretch7:

Nice! I would love to find a copy of that Album!! Hmmm, Tommy, you have any kicking around??

#2188 1 year ago

Tommy, now a lot of us would like to grab this. Extra $ if you bring some CDs to sell at Yegpin!

#2189 1 year ago

I need pressed on vinyl please! Searching the interweb now....

#2190 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

There is a stage Live music during vip party? I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to get a local to provide some equipment. Warm up the vocal cords Tommy!

If you can get Derek & Puck to reinforce the stage...I'm in! Lol

#2191 1 year ago

There might be a shortage of 2X6's

Quoted from FlipperFreak:

If you can get Derek & Puck to reinforce the stage...I'm in! Lol

#2192 1 year ago

I would like that Album to use as a topper on my Star Wars LE! From Tommy of course...

#2193 1 year ago

Spoke to Tommy on Friday afternoon about a new SW premium and he was here the next day with the machine and got it all set up in time for Xmas. Awesome service from Nitro, two thumbs up!

Thanks Tommy!

IMG_5880 (resized).JPG

#2195 1 year ago

Hey just wondering if anyone in regina has a spare flipper coil FL-11630/50v for a Williams. Cheers and thanks.

#2196 1 year ago

Happy New Year! See you all at YEGPIN and FLIPOUT should be one hell of a great year!

#2197 1 year ago

Just to get the word out, if anybody in Canada is looking for the highly coveted, highly polished chrome "Ninja Balls" from ballbaron, they are available internationally via eBay for anybody outside of the USA. Here is a link to the 25 ball pack:

ebay.com link

They are also available in packs of 100 or 300.
    Even in the pack of 25, they are cheaper than getting Silverjets shipped to Canada from Marco.

More info: www.ballbaron.com

#2198 1 year ago
    Quoted from klr650:

Just to get the word out, if anybody in Canada is looking for the highly coveted, highly polished chrome "Ninja Balls" from ballbaron, they are available internationally via eBay for anybody outside of the USA. Here is a link to the 25 ball pack:
    ebay.com link
    They are also available in packs of 100 or 300.
    Even in the pack of 25, they are cheaper than getting Silverjets shipped to Canada from Marco.
    More info: http://www.ballbaron.com

Have you used these, or compared them to other premium balls? How are they in games both With and Without Magnets? Just curious as I may be interested in giving them a try.

#2199 1 year ago

I tried his standard chrome, actually very nice! Ninja is a bit nicer but not a huge upgrade. However I was having some issues in mag games, most games will be fine though

Oohhh shinys used to be better than either.

So I ordered his carbon balls, which are very nice for the money.

#2200 1 year ago

What would a widebody Williams regular glass be worth?

Minor scratches average to good condition?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 26.95
    $ 235.00
    Boards
    RS Technologies
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 64.99
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    Flipper Parts
    TheDudeMods
    $ 199.99
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 27.99
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Professor Pinball
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 125.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Little Shop Of Games
    € 8.40
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 17.99
    Playfield - Decals
    Lermods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    There are 2720 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 55.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside