(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 64 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 95.
    #2001 6 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

Hey guys, I am building a new cable to connect up my shaker motor for RS. Can someone link where to find these connectors on Digikey I am having trouble finding them.
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5792-10817-06
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5791-09111-00
    Also, what size cable should I be using?
    Edit: 18awg

You will need to buy pins for them both (unless you have)
    https://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/molex-llc/0009503061/WM2104-ND/26461
    https://www.digikey.ca/products/en?keywords=0003092031

#2002 6 years ago

Thanks, I will make sure to get pins!

#2003 6 years ago

We sell the flat Molex pins for $0.25 each CAD. How many do you need?
    If you buy the plug as shown on Marco then you need the special tool for inserting the wires onto the plug. Easier just to use the Sargent crimper with individual Molex pins. If this is to replace pins that overheated then you need the Trifurcon style pins.

John :-#)#

#2004 6 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

Hey guys, I am building a new cable to connect up my shaker motor for RS. Can someone link where to find these connectors on Digikey I am having trouble finding them.
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5792-10817-06
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5791-09111-00
    Also, what size cable should I be using?
    Edit: 18awg

I order everything from: https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/categories.asp?cat=46
    Cheap shipping..this guy has it all!

#2005 6 years ago

True, Ed is a great supplier of all the small electrical bits, you also want to get the crimping tool from him while you are at it. Same one we sell.

#2006 6 years ago

Tmc Amusements is proud to announce we are maple ridges largest seller of used pinballs and NEW(almost) Stern pinballs.

A385590A-7FBD-40DD-B1F2-898FB767AE16 (resized).jpegA385590A-7FBD-40DD-B1F2-898FB767AE16 (resized).jpeg

#2007 6 years ago

So, what is your shop's address? Nice to have another business selling pins in the lower mainland. Or do you operate out of your home and have no overhead?

flippers.com

#2008 6 years ago

Operate out of his home?! I met him at a 7-eleven and he sold me parts out of a van! Great deal tho! Thanks Tmc ! Haha.. i do wish i lived closer for that prospecter tho!

#2009 6 years ago

Ah! I see. Thanks!

Tonight I am just looking at updating my online store. 5,900 products, 2500 customers, 2400 orders...looking at some options as it is getting a bit bigger than I planned for originally. I want to add a whole bunch more parts...

Then there is our injection molding equipment that we hope to get running in a month or two to remake some unobtanium parts which need to be stronger than what a 3D printer can produce (drop targets, licensed logo lane guides, fly away targets, etc.). Thinking of making ancient marbled bumper caps which should be fun.

Too many projects, need more employees!

flippers.com

#2010 6 years ago
    Quoted from Flippers_com:

So, what is your shop's address? Nice to have another business selling pins in the lower mainland. Or do you operate out of your home and have no overhead?
    flippers.com

I’m everywhere...in maple ridge that is.

#2011 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Operate out of his home?! I met him at a 7-eleven and he sold me parts out of a van! Great deal tho! Thanks Tmc ! Haha.. i do wish i lived closer for that prospecter tho!

Prospector is one of the many used games for sale in our 2 room showroom...that’s one more room than our local competitors.

Only 1200$ Shipping available.

#2012 6 years ago

Hopefully someone has a answer for this question.

Is there any locations south of Edmonton to play that you guys are aware of? Calmar, Devon, leduc, wetaskawin, camrose?
    I know of the airport and kosmos in leduc. Any others?

Thanks

#2013 6 years ago

Does pinballmap.com not show anything for those areas? It is basically up to the enthusiasts in each area to keep the listings up to date - much like gasbuddy the more people put in the better it is for players.

"Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."

#2014 6 years ago

Somewhat off topic (with respect to pinball) but Nitro Amusements is now selling some sort of video console device. I thought he only did pinball?

vancouver.craigslist.ca link

#2015 6 years ago

Somewhat off topic (with respect to pinball) but Nitro Amusements is now selling some sort of video console device. I thought he only did pinball?

It's Wednesday......looking for Tuesdays news.....

#2016 6 years ago

A new member here that did a little video with a tiny pinch of Canadian humor:

#2017 6 years ago

Those are f*%king awesome. I am going to order one...thanks for the heads up John

00F0F_9QFH6vQQniC_1200x900 (resized).jpg00F0F_9QFH6vQQniC_1200x900 (resized).jpg

#2018 6 years ago

Am I the only one who thinks John's posts come across as trolling

#2019 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Hopefully someone has a answer for this question.
    Is there any locations south of Edmonton to play that you guys are aware of? Calmar, Devon, leduc, wetaskawin, camrose?
    I know of the airport and kosmos in leduc. Any others?
    Thanks

I can confirm the laundry mat in Ponoka has a Party Zone. Good times to be had there.

#2020 6 years ago

Boston pizza in Leduc has a Batman dark night. Laundry mat by western budget has a beat up pinbot and earthshaker

#2021 6 years ago

Why don’t you ask Tommy yourself?

Looks like a dead link anyways

#2022 6 years ago

Office Space Milton 22112017181718 (resized).jpgOffice Space Milton 22112017181718 (resized).jpg

#2023 6 years ago

John’s probably too busy recounting his 5900 products and shipping his 2400 orders to worry about tuesdays announcement.

#2024 6 years ago
    Quoted from blowback1976:

I can confirm the laundry mat in Ponoka has a Party Zone. Good times to be had there.

Quoted from Stretch7:

Boston pizza in Leduc has a Batman dark night. Laundry mat by western budget has a beat up pinbot and earthshaker

Thanks guys. Darcy let me know about the beat up es and pb. I'm in pigeon lake for a bit so trying to find somewhere to play. Ponoka isn't far. Was that your old pz Tony?

I checked the brewhouses and taprooms in Camrose today but nothing. Never thought of BP's

#2025 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Thanks guys. Darcy let me know about the beat up es and pb. I'm in pigeon lake for a bit so trying to find somewhere to play. Ponoka isn't far. Was that your old pz Tony?
    I checked the brewhouses and taprooms in Camrose today but nothing. Never thought of BP's

No, it was Bobs at point from TPS. Might still be his.

#2026 6 years ago

Tuesday's announcement has indeed been postponed. These sorts of things require all parties involved to be on board. I hope that the announcement can be tomorrow (Thursday) as I too hate waiting for updates! I should not have promised the first announcement timeline, but I understood (when I made it) that all would be clear later on Tuesday.

Sorry about that!

#2027 6 years ago

I would like to announce that I am announcing tomorrow, a new pin to my collection, hopefully....
    Unless the deal falls though or I don't pick it up...then I will postpone my announcement, until my next announcement about an announcement.

#2028 6 years ago

Looks like Jay Richardson has his hat in the ring as a Stern supplier too.

#2029 6 years ago

It’s like it’s not even special anymore to be a stern supplier...

#2030 6 years ago
    Quoted from algrande:

I would like to announce that I am announcing tomorrow, a new pin to my collection, hopefully....
    Unless the deal falls though or I don't pick it up...then I will postpone my announcement, until my next announcement about an announcement.

Exactly, my mistake for the anticipatory post, now I am stuck with it.

"Oh, the shame of it all!"

#2031 6 years ago

I hope there are many new Stern suppliers. Competition is a good thing and we've been stuck with zero competition on the Stern front in Canada for far to long. Bring on the suppliers, as many as we can get!

QSS

#2032 6 years ago

Happy Thursday everyone

#2033 6 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Happy Thursday everyone

Isn't there supposed to be an announcement today?

#2035 6 years ago
    Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

Isn't there supposed to be an announcement today?

Not necessarily, I believe was just Thursday but wasn’t specified which Thursday.

#2036 6 years ago

I LOVE THURSDAYS!!!!

#2037 6 years ago

I love thursdays too! & cake.. my favourite kind is birthday. Mmm! Also, what do you think is a better mod for around $400... pinstadium lites kit w/flashers or powder coating the legs/coindoor/rails/etc. (for a METpro)

#2038 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I love thursdays too! & cake.. my favourite kind is birthday. Mmm! Also, what do you think is a better mod for around $400... pinstadium lites kit w/flashers or powder coating the legs/coindoor/rails/etc. (for a METpro)

I got a Pin Stadium kit for my Star Wars with the GI and UV Flasher, but i am thinking i might actually move it over to the Metallica because i feel like it it will benefit from the UV flash in a cooler way. But all in all, I really like Pin Stadium! I feel like I need it on every game now. Quick install too... 10-15 minutes, no tools needed unless you want to hard wire it in to your GI and flashers permanently.

#2039 6 years ago

Save your money and stop over modding games. Cdmd all you need

#2040 6 years ago

Tmc Amusenents with the scoop.

I’m confused though. I thought nitro was western and P1 was eastern Canada? John is saying P1 is only authorized seller of stern in Canada? Also why wouldn’t he have to buy thru nitro to resell?

We need answers!

2301CE78-A4E1-4839-886F-1B1E5B92A902 (resized).png2301CE78-A4E1-4839-886F-1B1E5B92A902 (resized).png

#2042 6 years ago

I can tell you that Player One (1) (who used to be Starburst) is the ONLY Canadian distributor for Stern Pinball. They have a network across Canada of authorized resellers of their lines, of which we are currently the only one in BC.

'nuff said.

#2043 6 years ago

I can tell you that Player One (1) (who used to be Starburst) is the ONLY Canadian distributor for Stern Pinball. They have a network across Canada of authorized resellers of their lines, of which we are currently the only one in BC.
    'nuff said.

Really John? Is that what they told you? Keep drinking the cool aid! Lol. I can assure you we’re selling Stern. Our first direct shipment is arriving next week. We actually stock NIB pins.

#2044 6 years ago

'nuff said.

Well that's great news. It means that P1 would have violated their agreement with Nitro and Stern before it even started which in turns means that Tommy can start selling to us in Ontario. Suits me just fine

#2045 6 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

I LOVE THURSDAYS!!!!

Fridays are even better!!

#2046 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Fridays are even better!!

dirkdiggler is right... Fridays are boss. Hey, who is going to last chance Nov 9th?

#2047 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

dirkdiggler is right... Fridays are boss. Hey, who is going to last chance Nov 9th?

I would go for sure, but I'll be back in Saskatchewan by then

#2048 6 years ago

Is it time to grab the popcorn?

#2049 6 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Well that's great news. It means that P1 would have violated their agreement with Nitro and Stern before it even started which in turns means that Tommy can start selling to us in Ontario. Suits me just fine

Not only is our agreement with P1 toast, but we refuse to allow their monopoly to prevent us from shipping Stern Canada wide. Since our initial announcement, we received more than a hundred calls & emails asking for our support in the East. As well, street pricing that’s available in the US shouldn’t be denied in Canada. It’s game on!

#2050 6 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Not only is our agreement with P1 toast, but we refuse to allow their monopoly to prevent us from shipping Stern Canada wide. Since our initial announcement, we received more than a hundred calls & emails asking for our support in the East. As well, street pricing that’s available in the US shouldn’t be denied in Canada. It’s game on!

Awesome to hear, Tommy!! I wish I could upvote your post more than once

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/41?hl=wolv3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.