(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 95.
    #1951 6 years ago

Congrats to Nitro on becoming a Stern distributor. You guys are the best!

#1952 6 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

We're happy to finally announce that Nitro Pinball is officially a Stern distributor for Western Canada. Our games, parts & accessories will now come directly from Stern. This means better pricing, better service and more choice. I'd like to personally thank everyone in the community that supported our steadfast love of pinball and rallied behind our customer service model. In addition, we're proud distributors of American Pinball, Chicago Gaming, Jersey Jack, Heighway, Dutch & Homepin. Feel free to contact me anytime if there is something you need. Or, just have questions about a release. I always have time to talk pinball
    Silverball regards,
    [email protected]
    Toll Free: 1-855-366-4876
    Cell: (604) 226-5346

Do sell yourself short...

The Toronto market will happily support you too.

Way to go bud!!

#1953 6 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Do sell yourself short...
    The Toronto market will happily support you too.
    Way to go bud!!

We'd love to Meegis! However, our deal is for Western Canada. We had to agree not to sell Stern into Ontario to make it happen. The good news is, we've offered our assistance to P1 in the East to help better understand the community at large. Hopefully this will translate into better support on across the country.

#1954 6 years ago

We're happy to finally announce that Nitro Pinball is officially a Stern distributor for Western Canada. Our games, parts & accessories will now come directly from Stern. This means better pricing, better service and more choice. I'd like to personally thank everyone in the community that supported our steadfast love of pinball and rallied behind our customer service model. In addition, we're proud distributors of American Pinball, Chicago Gaming, Jersey Jack, Heighway, Dutch & Homepin. Feel free to contact me anytime if there is something you need. Or, just have questions about a release. I always have time to talk pinball
    Silverball regards,
    [email protected]

Great news! Congrats Tommy and crew!

#1955 6 years ago

We're happy to finally announce that Nitro Pinball is officially a Stern distributor for Western Canada.

That is AWSOME!! That is great news times 10, and congrats.

#1956 6 years ago

Great news Tommy! Congrats!!

#1958 6 years ago

Good to hear more Stern distributors for Canada!

#1959 6 years ago

Silverball regards,
    [email protected]

Awesome NEWS!
    Look forward to some great customer service! NITRO is simply the best!

#1960 6 years ago

We'd love to Meegis! However, our deal is for Western Canada. We had to agree not to sell Stern into Ontario to make it happen. The good news is, we've offered our assistance to P1 in the East to help better understand the community at large. Hopefully this will translate into better support on across the country.

for now !

#1961 6 years ago

Excellent news! Nitro/Tommy gives so much back to the community, class act all the way.

#1962 6 years ago

Well done and Congratulations to all at Nitro. I for one constantly see the strong effort put into this hobby by all of you and I have to say this was a long time coming and well earned! You now have the full house! Amazing!

#1963 6 years ago

yeaaa whooooo this is awesome! no Joke, i hope you guys destroy the competition with Actual customer service, verY little of that in thiS city. bUy with Confidence cuz nitro KickS ass!!.......

#1964 6 years ago

I can always sell my good friend Meegis one of my new in box games as I always order more than one of everything just in case

#1965 6 years ago

Congratulations! Competition breeds excellence.

#1966 6 years ago

We're happy to finally announce that Nitro Pinball is officially a Stern distributor for Western Canada

Sterns are not my thing, but congrats. You are an asset to pinball!

#1967 6 years ago

One day we will get you over to the ‘dark side’ lol

Quoted from smiley:

Sterns are not my thing, but congrats. You are an asset to pinball!

#1968 6 years ago

Silverball regards,
    [email protected]

Awesome news!

#1969 6 years ago

Finally!

The game has changed

Congrats tommy nice to see hard work be rewarded

#1970 6 years ago

Silverball regards,
    [email protected]

Great news and congrats, Tommy! You always take the time to provide excellent customer service and chat pinball. Cheers!

#1971 6 years ago

We'd love to Meegis! However, our deal is for Western Canada. We had to agree not to sell Stern into Ontario to make it happen.

Is that for Stern only or for all manufacturers? Saving up for JJP Toy Story!

#1972 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Is that for Stern only or for all manufacturers? Saving up for JJP Toy Story!

Applies to Stern only.

#1973 6 years ago

Does this work the other way around where west can't buy from the east ? just politely asking and not looking for an east west fight

#1974 6 years ago

We're required to forward all requests for Stern in the East to P1. They're required to forward all requests for Stern in the West to Nitro. I'm sure there'll be some overlap in the short term due to existing orders and long term relationships. But that in essence is the spirit of the agreement.

#1975 6 years ago

Hey guys, I am building a new cable to connect up my shaker motor for RS. Can someone link where to find these connectors on Digikey I am having trouble finding them.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5792-10817-06
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5791-09111-00

Also, what size cable should I be using?

Edit: 18awg

#1976 6 years ago

Congrats to Tommy "Pretty Boy Floyd" and Nitro Amusements for being able to finally sell Stern games and parts.
    First parts order just went in today.

#1977 6 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Congrats to Tommy "Pretty Boy Floyd" and Nitro Amusements for being able to finally sell Stern games and parts.
    First parts order just went in today.

Tommy ROCKS!

4086154 (resized).jpg4086154 (resized).jpg

#1979 6 years ago

Yes, Tommy rocks, but that is freaking awesome

#1980 6 years ago

Oh my f%#*k'n god!

is that actually you ?

#1981 6 years ago

Hoooooly shitttttt!

#1983 6 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

is that actually you ?

Yes...many, many years ago. Here's a brief history for those too young to remember. Lol www.tommyfloyd.com

#1984 6 years ago

So fukkin good Tommy! Dan Gallagher and the power hour! Black&Blue Avenue rips btw! Those boys can shred!! Haha, love it!

#1985 6 years ago

Yes...many, many years ago. Here's a brief history for those too young to remember. Lol http://www.tommyfloyd.com

Lol good read! I had no idea. Im impressed and somehow not surprised at all haha. Congrats on the new buisness venture Tommy, keep up the good work and look forward to having better connections for pinball in western Canada

#1986 6 years ago

Big Congratulations Nitro! All of Canada needs customer service like you guys provide!

Now, as to the agreement with Stern...

However, our deal is for Western Canada. We had to agree not to sell Stern into Ontario to make it happen.

We're required to forward all requests for Stern in the East to P1. They're required to forward all requests for Stern in the West to Nitro. I'm sure there'll be some overlap in the short term due to existing orders and long term relationships. But that in essence is the spirit of the agreement.

Does the Canada Competition Act of 2002 not have anything to say about this? The Stern agreement effectively prevents a competitive marketplace in Canada...

#1987 6 years ago
    Quoted from PNorth:

Big Congratulations Nitro! All of Canada needs customer service like you guys provide!
    Now, as to the agreement with Stern...

Does the Canada Competition Act of 2002 not have anything to say about this? The Stern agreement effectively prevents a competitive marketplace in Canada...

This was not Stern's requirement, it was Player One's. You'll have to take it up with them.

#1988 6 years ago

The competition act : “The purpose of this Act is to maintain and encourage competition in Canada in order to promote the efficiency and adaptability of the Canadian economy, in order to expand opportunities for Canadian participation in world markets while at the same time recognizing the role of foreign competition in Canada, in order to ensure that small and medium-sized enterprises have an equitable opportunity to participate in the Canadian economy and in order to provide consumers with competitive prices and product choices.”

Seems pretty clear to me. All it takes is six people over the age of 18 to request a review.

#1989 6 years ago

This was not Stern's requirement, it was Player One's. You'll have to take it up with them.

Well they can go f themselves. For all purposes i will get someone in alberta to pay for me..thats if i want to buy another cookie cutter stern.

#1990 6 years ago

Can you explain how this was player 1's requirement...of course they don't want competitors on the East Coast...just like you likely don't want competition on the west coast....so I guess, you guys are colluding? Yah that makes it better....are you guys affiliated? You may want to revisit that last statement....

Adding I called you guys but never got A call back. guess I now know why...

#1991 6 years ago
    Quoted from Requis:

Can you explain how this was player 1's requirement...of course they don't want competitors on the East Coast...just like you likely don't want competition on the west coast....so I guess, you guys are colluding? Yah that makes it better....are you guys affiliated? You may want to revisit that last statement....
    Adding I called you guys but never got A call back. guess I now know why...

Pretty straight forward. P1 set the terms as they have the exclusive for Stern in Canada. We’d love to sell throughout the country. But that’s not what they wanted. Collusion? Give me a break. We’ve been fighting their monopoly in Canada for years.

#1992 6 years ago

Pretty straight forward. P1 set the terms as they have the exclusive for Stern in Canada. We’d love to sell throughout the country. But that’s not what they wanted. Collusion? Give me a break. We’ve been fighting their monopoly in Canada for years.

I wonder if this means pro prices might actually come down a bit? P1 increased prices in the spring from $6900 to $7400 (roughly) for no apparent reason. Pushing pro prices above $8k delivered really sucked...

Rob

#1993 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

I wonder if this means pro prices might actually come down a bit? P1 increased prices in the spring from $6900 to $7400 (roughly) for no apparent reason. Pushing pro prices above $8k delivered really sucked...
    Rob

I can’t speak for P1. But I know we’re working on this.

#1994 6 years ago

We’d love to sell throughout the country

I think we'd all love that too, Tommy...

#1995 6 years ago
    Quoted from PNorth:

I think we'd all love that too, Tommy...

I hear you. Hopefully this is just the start of things to come. “Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!”

#1996 6 years ago

Silverball regards,
    [email protected]

Awesome! Really stoked to be working with Nitro going forward. Starburst was great until they got bought out. No fault of the great people that work there.

I'm sure all the OPs in western Canada are as glad as I am. Pokey's Pinball Cafe will be pumping Nitro Amusements for all new pin sales

#1997 6 years ago

Tommy is not the only P1 - Stern distributor in western Canada.

That is all I can say right now.

More will be out on Tuesday.

John :-#)#

flippers.com

#1998 6 years ago

Tommy and Nitro are the bomb! I'm not a nib guy but if I was, Tommy would be my first call. Great news that we can buy parts now for sterns without getting bent over with shipping/fees. Even if there is competition, I think most of us will support Tommy. Congrats guys

#1999 6 years ago

I see a few other dealers here in Western Canada announcing they are also distributors today. What’s going on?

#2000 6 years ago
    Quoted from Flippers_com:

Tommy is not the only P1 - Stern distributor in western Canada.
    That is all I can say right now.
    More will be out on Tuesday.
    John :-#)#
    flippers.com

Nitro is the only one that counts!! I've had dealings with the so called competition and the customer service SUCKS!! I've been in business for years and if I treated my customers half as bad I'd be homeless. Many on this and other sites know that I'm speaking the truth.

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/40?hl=wolv3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.