(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 82 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 95.
    #151 8 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Great to see everyone last night! Looking forward to tomorrow. Machines look great! image.jpg

Nice is this in Edmonton? A few machines there Id like to play! Congrats on placing If I wasnt working I would have come out last night!

#152 8 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Killer event tonight! Thanks everyone who had a part in it. Happy to finally take home some hardware. Appreciate EVERYONE who came out.

01.png

Is that a golf ball on the fop of that trophy?

#153 8 years ago
    Quoted from Fifty:

Is that a golf ball on the fop of that trophy?

Yep! It was a pingolf tournament. Some tin foil and it looks like a pinball

#154 8 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Killer event tonight! Thanks everyone who had a part in it. Happy to finally take home some hardware. Appreciate EVERYONE who came out.

01.png

Nice goin, grats puck!

#155 8 years ago

anyone here from Quebec that could do me a favour and buy/ship me a 24 of Metallica Budweiser beer that was just released in that province? Would go sweet with my METLE I just got to have it. Just PM me if you can help out.image.jpgimage.jpg

#156 8 years ago

I want one to
    Even though I don't drink beer,lol

#157 8 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

I want one to

24 pack plus $11,000 for your MM - deal?

#158 8 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

I want one to

Don't worry Bud isn't real beer anyways. Good commercials/marketing that can sell shitty bottom of the barell product.

#159 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinchamp:

24 pack plus $11,000 for your MM - deal?

Cheap bugger,I don't like that box that much.

#160 8 years ago

Who does a guy call to get some powder coating done to habitrails? Anyone happen to know a specific company in Edmonton?

#161 8 years ago

Powder coating in Edmonton try Boon Tek. I think there are one or two others too. They've done done some auto parts for me in the past.

#162 8 years ago

I had everthing done for my TAF from Calgary powder coating. Rails,hinges,legs,coin door,leg bolts and all other hardware for under 130.00

#163 8 years ago

I believe there are a few places in Nisku as well that would do it.

#164 8 years ago

Does anyone in Regina have some twist in LED I can by from you? I just need about 6 or 8 red and maybe some blue. I have some wedge type I can trade. I would also be interested in some multi-sided flashers. I only have some flat top style flashers.

Rob

#165 8 years ago

Anybody know a place I can rent an escalera in Calgary?

#166 8 years ago
    Quoted from Willathrilla:

Can try Hetrz Equipment: http://www.hertzequip.com/herc/equipment-rentals-sales

United: http://www.unitedrentals.com/

Rogers Rentals: http://www.rogersrentall.ca/home.asp

Or possibly Home Depot or Rona tool rentals. I know we used to rent them all the time, I just can't remember where we got them from. Will add more vendors if I can think of some.

#167 8 years ago
    Quoted from Willathrilla:

Escalera = 4 friends and a case of beer

#168 8 years ago

That's assuming you have 4 friends who will still help you move pins! #pinballproblems

#169 8 years ago

Why does it take 4 guys?

What am I missing?

#170 8 years ago

5 if you include youself, as you said 4 friends....

#171 8 years ago

Because it's impossible to get any work done without 2-3 people standing around drinking beer and saying "yep"? Jesus, Meegis, I'm starting to question if you own any pins at all...

#172 8 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

Because it's impossible to get any work done without 2-3 people standing around drinking beer and saying "yep"? Jesus, Meegis, I'm starting to question if you own any pins at all...

Glad you made that post... I'm starting to wonder myself...

Fun Fact: I prefer to be the one standing around drinking so if anyone requires that role to be filled....

#173 8 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

Bud isn't real beer anyways

Bud, Netherlands finest. (sellouts!!!)
    Nothing like Karling O'keefe Extra Old Stock...
    Do they still make that beer? Crime if they don't.

If I spoke more of your language,
    I'd be all over this thread, eh?
    Bump for my good neighbors!

#174 8 years ago

It's all about old school Pilsner!!!

#175 8 years ago

Do they still make that horse piss Beer beer in Alberta??

#176 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballophobe:

It's all about old school Pilsner!!!

Worst beer ever made, followed closely by Kokanee, Canadian and Budweiser.

#177 8 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Worst beer ever made, followed closely by Kokanee, Canadian and Budweiser.

Exactly!!!'

#178 8 years ago

Sorry gotta chime In here...

Old style Pilsner has been brewed in Western Canada since 1926. It is a classic and outstanding Western Canadian beer. So smooth and crisp out of the bottle. Sorry but you can't be Canadian and not like Pilsner (or Canadian for that matter). You can enjoy the craft beers that come and go monthly but nothing speaks to Canadian history like Old Style Pilsner!
    image.jpgimage.jpg

#179 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinchamp:

Old Style Pilsner!

Clearly this is off Topic! We just called it, "Lethbridge!" Cheap, resembled beer, and we managed to guzzle many.

#181 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinchamp:

Sorry gotta chime In here...
    Old style Pilsner has been brewed in Western Canada since 1926. It is a classic and outstanding Western Canadian beer. So smooth and crisp out of the bottle. Sorry but you can't be Canadian and not like Pilsner (or Canadian for that matter). You can enjoy the craft beers that come and go monthly but nothing speaks to Canadian history like Old Style Pilsner!
    image.jpg

Its crap and tastes like piss, sorry. It also doesnt hold a candle to other Canadian beers such as Steam Whistle, Stanley Park Noble Pilsner and countless other, non craft beer. That's all with-out anything international.

#182 8 years ago

Let's get it correct. Pilsner is from Saskatchewan. It's brewed in other places but is a Saskatchewan beer and should only be used as mouthwash when you go camping. If you like to waste money you can buy expensive 6 packs of craft beers or buy cheaper brands that taste great like Brewhouse. Only a $1 a beer. So is PC beer that's not bad either.

#183 8 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Its crap and tastes like piss, sorry.

What does piss tastle like? Haha, couldn't resist.

#184 8 years ago

I was wrong about pilsner being from Saskatchewan. Guess there's a first for everything.

#185 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I was wrong about pilsner being from Saskatchewan. Guess there's a first for everything.

I would let that slide. As Old Style has been sold on the Prairies for a very long time.

#186 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

What does piss tastle like? Haha, couldn't resist.

Not like something I enjoy drinking to relax.

#187 8 years ago

I knew u guys would get a kick out of pilsner beer. My dad use to drink that all the time. I would sneak a few sips of it when I was a kid. The taste grew on me. So to carry on the tradition.when everyone brings Kokanee,Canadian,coors, bud lime. I bring pilsner. And yup no one wants to trade hahaha.

#188 8 years ago

I picked up a case of this Hek for $9.99 at superstore last weekend. Surprisingly it was pretty good. Better than alot of molson and labbatt products. 20150925_191254.jpg20150925_191254.jpg

#189 8 years ago

Mmm beer.. (wish I didnt have to work tomorrow)

#190 8 years ago
    Quoted from libtech:

Mmm beer.. (wish I didnt have to work tomorrow)

Drinking is a full time job, which I treat very seriouslyWonder what that says about me?

#191 8 years ago

Isn't Olympia from Saskatchewan? That's the king of the shit beers in my opinion. But, I'm well past drinking shit beers. I have been on a Kronenbourg Blanc kick all summer long. IT'S SO DAMN SMOOTH!

#192 8 years ago

Great western breweries is in Saskatoon and have a few good beers including Brewhouse. Saskatchewan is still government run liquor stores so I like to buy in bulk when I go to Lloyd. It's almost double $$ here than in Alberta:/

#193 8 years ago

Oksomeoneneeds to ahi me thisshittybeerjust so I can taste it
    In return I'll ship some from Ontario

#194 8 years ago

Here's this weekends selection. Palm Bay coolers and Vodka for the wife and her friends. Beer and Rye for the boys!20150926_194051.jpg20150926_194051.jpg

#195 8 years ago

Here's my selection for the weekend. 40% Brooklyn made vodka and 95.6% reserve. Ice no fill.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#196 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Great western breweries is in Saskatoon and have a few good beers including Brewhouse. Saskatchewan is still government run liquor stores so I like to buy in bulk when I go to Lloyd. It's almost double $$ here than in Alberta:/

I am with you on the cheap beer.... You gotta do what you gotta do! I wish I was closer to the border though. I like that PC Honey Red in Alberta. Great Western Classic has been getting purchased the most lately. I will stick up for Pilsner as well, as I was raised in a redneck town. Known as Pil or Sner back home.

#197 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Here's this weekends selection. Palm Bay coolers and Vodka for the wife and her friends. Beer and Rye for the boys!20150926_194051.jpg

Wow You need to invest in better quality booze.

#198 8 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

Wow You need to invest in better quality booze.

You're more than welcome to bring me some! There's always crown royal in the cupboard but I keep that for myself.

#199 8 years ago

I smell booze snobs!

My only requirement is that it must be wet.

#200 8 years ago

If you're coming to watch the game or play a few games of pinball bring whatever you like. If you're drinking mine sure as hell don't complain. Beggers can't be choosers. And fill the bong once in a while too!

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.