(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 86 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 95.
    #1902 6 years ago

Alberta vs Saskatchewan showdown? Now we're talking!!

#1903 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Is SK a Province?

#1904 6 years ago

Off topic but I know some of you are sports fanatics like myself.

Ex Blue Jays and Phillies pitcher Roy Halladay passed away today at age 40 in a plane crash. Was the face of baseball in Canada for years.

Rip Doc

#1905 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Is there a Dialed In around Edmonton anywhere? Or just in private collections. Got the itch to play after watching this » YouTube video

Yeah, come over any time! I just installed the new code on it.

#1906 6 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

Is SK a Province?

Complete with our old oil jobs and money, and even a better premier than we have.

#1907 6 years ago

Ha would love to see this but there is a huge commitment on both sides to make an event like that to happen. It would need to happen at YEGPIN (not ideal as there is way too much going on and the serious players will want to focus on WCPC and Classics qualifying) or at Alberta Challenge Cup (this is more doable but then SK has to travel to AB (Edmonton or Calgary) for the event every year and we would need to do this on a Sunday morning). The format would need to be different as well as we would not want to take away from what makes the ACC so special. Lots of roadblocks but anything is possible.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

#1908 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Ha would love to see this but there is a huge commitment on both sides to make an event like that to happen. It would need to happen at YEGPIN (not ideal as there is way too much going on and the serious players will want to focus on WCPC and Classics qualifying) or at Alberta Challenge Cup (this is more doable but then SK has to travel to AB (Edmonton or Calgary) for the event every year and we would need to do this on a Sunday morning). The format would need to be different as well as we would not want to take away from what makes the ACC so special. Lots of roadblocks but anything is possible.

so late night twoonie games at YEGPIN it is!!!!!

#1909 6 years ago

I personally challenge all of saskatchewan during the yegpin vip party.

#1910 6 years ago

Man vs Province

#1911 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Combined you guys couldn’t beat bc

#1912 6 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

I personally challenge all of saskatchewan during the yegpin vip party.

Sure, throw a challenge out when you know we'll all be 10 cups deep. How about Saturday when we're all fighting nasty hangovers?

#1913 6 years ago

Depends If I get up that early or not

#1914 6 years ago

Ontario waiting.....watching....hehehehehehe

#1915 6 years ago

Gta techs, does anyone have a test dmd? A rookie here to dmd machines and I have a demolition man that's blind...

#1916 6 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Ontario waiting.....watching....hehehehehehe

For one of these? index.jpegindex.jpeg

Long trip for a butt whooping no? See you guys in May

#1917 6 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

Complete with our old oil jobs and money, and even a better premier than we have.

Saskies been manning the rigs in Alberta and bring the cash back home long before the crash.

#1918 6 years ago

Lot of talk in this thread, I feel some tournaments coming on

#1919 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

A few Edmonton guys bring a game or two. A few Saskatoon guys bring a game a two. I kick the wife out for a weekend and we have a kickass border battle at my place

#1920 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

For one of these?
    Long trip for a butt whooping no? See you guys in May

Nah, never had a hope on that.

Maybe for their centennial run..... Go leafs Go! 2067!!!

#1921 6 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Nah, never had a hope on that.
    Maybe for their centennial run..... Go leafs Go! 2067!!!

Maybe shortly after that it will be the Oilers turn..

#1922 6 years ago

Would love to see this happen in Lloydminster, again logistics becomes a problem but we have a better chance to be able convince 8 guys/girls to show up for the event if it is only a couple of hours away, the problem is that would be a pretty big trek for Calgary guys. But if it was done every other year. IE: Edmonton / Lloydminister then this would be more doable. There are currently 15 league events, 3 major tournaments just in Edmonton. Calgary has the same if not more in their city, plus the ACC, and now a AB/SK border battle it becomes difficult to fit it all in but I am all for putting it together if people want it to happen.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

A few Edmonton guys bring a game or two. A few Saskatoon guys bring a game a two. I kick the wife out for a weekend and we have a kickass border battle at my place

#1923 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Would love to see this happen in Lloydminster, again logistics becomes a problem but we have a better chance to be able convince 8 guys/girls to show up for the event if it is only a couple of hours away, the problem is that would be a pretty big trek for Calgary guys. But if it was done every other year. IE: Edmonton / Lloydminister then this would be more doable. There are currently 15 league events, 3 major tournaments just in Edmonton. Calgary has the same if not more in their city, plus the ACC, and now a AB/SK border battle it becomes difficult to fit it all in but I am all for putting it together if people want it to happen.

I was more or less joking that it would be fun to get some guys together for a weekend sometime. Slide some couches around and we could get 12 games in my living room/dining room. Too bad I don't have a larger collection or I'd be happy to host a yearly event.

#1924 6 years ago

Ya we joked about YEGPIN and looked what happened we have a world class pinball show now. Need to set up location Pinball, has been done in Edmonton and Calgary pretty successfully by collectors can work in a small town too start with four machines you never know how much it is will grow.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I was more or less joking that it would be fun to get some guys together for a weekend sometime. Slide some couches around and we could get 12 games in my living room/dining room. Too bad I don't have a larger collection or I'd be happy to host a yearly event.

#1925 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Ya we joked about YEGPIN and looked what happened we have a world class pinball show now. Need to set up location Pinball, has been done in Edmonton and Calgary pretty successfully by collectors can work in a small town too start with four machines you never know how much it is will grow.

I am sure any small town Elk's Hall or Legion, etc. would give up the hall for a small to medium monetary donation for a day or two for a Pin-together

#1926 6 years ago

Hey guys, what's everyone using to clean the roman glass. I bought a sheet at Yegpin and I'll be damned if I can't get this thing clean. It's like there is a film/residue on the surface that I can't get off?

#1927 6 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

Hey guys, what's everyone using to clean the roman glass. I bought a sheet at Yegpin and I'll be damned if I can't get this thing clean. It's like there is a film/residue on the surface that I can't get off?

7a366ffa857819991d554f086b283d7a (resized).png7a366ffa857819991d554f086b283d7a (resized).png

#1928 6 years ago

Yeah pretty much. But seriously if I can't get this stuff perfectly clean, this will be the last sheet I purchase. Other then cleaning this stuff I think it is great. Even when it is seriously streaky it looks good when playing. For the price of this product I think it should look great when the game is both off and on.

Right now I own and have tried a number of glass cleaning products, Gunk Auto glass cleaner, Better Life natural glass cleaner, and ArmorAll Auto Glass cleaner. I also own multiple micro fibre clothes, I even have a Norwex cloth specifically for glass. I have tried them all with almost no difference, still streaks everywhere. I did use Windex on the surface once when I first got it home, and then found out I shouldn't use Amonia products on this type of glass. Could that be why I am having a hard time cleaning?

#1929 6 years ago

If this is soe form of invisiglass you should not used amonia based cleaners to clean it

#1930 6 years ago

Well I am going to try 1 water and Iso with 2 microfibre clothes (one dry for wiping away any extra moisture) and spray on the rag not the surface. I will report back.

#1931 6 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

Invis (resized).jpgInvis (resized).jpg

#1932 6 years ago

Your glass might be messed up if you used Windex or something like that.

#1933 6 years ago
    Quoted from wolv3:

Your glass might be messed up if you used Windex or something like that.

Damn, I was hoping no one would say that. I will not make that mistake again.

I still haven't tried cleaning with the recommended technique, I will tomorrow and see if it makes a difference.

#1934 6 years ago

I really don’t know much about that fancy glass.... but I can’t be any Winslow cleaner actually ruining a sheet of glass.

I don’t have the answer for you but I believe you will be fine just gotta find the right formula

#1935 6 years ago

Invisiglass can only be cleaned by wiping with a fresh white Persian kitten. Use the back side, the other side has sharp edges.

#1936 6 years ago

I've only ever used an aerosol style. As above you mentioned Gunk and Armor All. I've used both without issue on the Invisiglass and Jersey Jack glass. same rules as apply to tinted film windows in a car. Ammonia will damage it. That is most likely the issue. I've several sheets including 4 from Tommy at Yegpin and they're all ok.

#1937 6 years ago

Ammonia can damage the invisiglass coating so it cannot be treated like normal glass - it is sensitive enough that even when using ammonia-free cleaner (I have the Windex multi surface vinegar stuff), directions say to not spray directly on the glass.

#1938 6 years ago

Well, I think the sheet is ruined, I have tried nearly everything. Next time I will be spending my hard earned cash on a ColorDMD. I really like the way the glass looks, but when I am playing, the roman glass does not add that much to my experience. Don't get me wrong, this is great looking glass, but I don't have any Persian kittens sitting around so...

#1939 6 years ago

Probably good time to make a mental note for shows too. A lot of machines go in with this glass on, mention should be made that the techs, show staff are to use a cleaner that will not damage anything when keeping the machines wiped down. Yegpin, I'd say we did.....there were several the last 2 yrs with invisiglass. I know my CV in year one, and Chad's MM last year for sure had it. No issues after the shows. Although I remember Chad's glass ram=ndomly shattering as he removed it. Fortunately no injuries and it was fully out of the machine so no clean up in there. I've had that pleasure, not a good time...

#1940 6 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

Probably good time to make a mental note for shows too. A lot of machines go in with this glass on, mention should be made that the techs, show staff are to use a cleaner that will not damage anything when keeping the machines wiped down.

Also, be careful with rags or towels that have chemicals wiped into them, do not, just toss it onto the next pin. Waxes, solvents and other cleaning chemicals can effect that antiglare coating.

#1941 6 years ago

Got snow?

20171116_131831.jpg20171116_131831.jpg

#1942 6 years ago

Hope you got your pins back inside, out of the lanai, before that happened.

#1944 6 years ago

It looked just like that when i picked up Star Trek from you last year.

#1945 6 years ago

we have a little down here , not like that though ! holy dumping !

#1946 6 years ago

Wow that snow is beautiful ! It's 28 degrees in Delray beach florida , went to the silverball museum today . Very cool place !!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1947 6 years ago

Haha, it started around 8am and snowed heavy here till around 5pm. Must have snowed 6" easy. I shoveled 3x today! I think it snowed more today then all of last year. F'n crazy!

#1948 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lord_of_the_pins:

Wow that snow is beautiful ! It's 28 degrees in Delray beach florida , went to the silverball museum today . Very cool place !!

Thanks for sharing the pictures,it does look like a cool place,cool trippy graffiti,good time to go while we’re all freezing our asses off.

#1949 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Haha, it started around 8am and snowed heavy here till around 5pm. Must have snowed 6" easy. I shoveled 3x today! I think it snowed more today then all of last year. F'n crazy!

Sorry for changing topics !! Back to the snow thread ! Haha

#1950 6 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

I would be amazed if Stern did not make them a direct distributor. They are the best and most involved pinball company in Canada. Waiting to hear the news Nitro!

We're happy to finally announce that Nitro Pinball is officially a Stern distributor for Western Canada. Our games, parts & accessories will now come directly from Stern. This means better pricing, better service and more choice. I'd like to personally thank everyone in the community that supported our steadfast love of pinball and rallied behind our customer service model. In addition, we're proud distributors of American Pinball, Chicago Gaming, Jersey Jack, Heighway, Dutch & Homepin. Feel free to contact me anytime if there is something you need. Or, just have questions about a release. I always have time to talk pinball

Silverball regards,

[email protected]
    Toll Free: 1-855-366-4876
    Cell: (604) 226-5346

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/39?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.