(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 86 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 95.
    #1851 6 years ago

digikey ships fast.

#1852 6 years ago

Digi-key kicks ass. As long as I order by 7pm (MST) I receive my stuff the next working day. Totally worth the $8 for shipping.

#1853 6 years ago

Another vote for digikey shipping time and cost....if only pinball parts were like that

#1854 6 years ago

For anybody who is interested, we just released our Vancouver FlipOut 2017 Pinball Expo video. Enjoy!

#1855 6 years ago

Hey folks. I thought I would toss some info your way if your moving parts or ever parting out a pin.
    Get (make) a small business account with Canada Post. You can get some small discounts automatically on the site and sometimes for these accounts you can get promos for bigger discounts also.

#1856 6 years ago
    Quoted from RumRunner9:

TBatti - At the Rec room in south Edm common they have a GOT & a Star Trek - both pros. They play ok.
    Probably similar venue as your Calgary location.

The Calgary location has a Star Wars Pro and Met pro. The Met pro was Out of Order and off. The Star Wars, was well Star Wars. Matched, my first game. Beat the hi-score and got a free game my second attempt. Played the third game decently. Didn't really see much happen, not impressed at all. Moved on to drinking more beer and playing games with my girls.

#1857 6 years ago

Wtf? I swapped games last Saturday and gas in Saskatoon was 89.9 a litre. Today, 6 days later and gas is 116.9!!! $.27 increase in 6 days

Do you remember a jump that big in price in that short of a time? Fuk'n crazy

#1858 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Wtf? I swapped games last Saturday and gas in Saskatoon was 89.9 a litre. Today, 6 days later and gas is 116.9!!! $.27 increase in 6 days
    Do you remember a jump that big in price in that short of a time? Fuk'n crazy

Jumped to 139 in Kamloops

#1859 6 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Jumped to 139 in Kamloops

Yikes! What was it a week or 2 ago?

#1860 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Wtf? I swapped games last Saturday and gas in Saskatoon was 89.9 a litre.

This pricing stuff is total BS. If you ran your business the same way, you would be out of business in 3 months. Maybe you can tell this gas pricing stuff ruffles my feathers. The price of a barrel oil went up yesterday. So gas is priced accordingly, instantly! If a barrel of oil price takes a drop, those gas prices do not drop at the same rate of speed, that is BS. Last night fresh fuel wasn't delivered to your local gas station, but they will still raise the prices.

An oil refinery goes off line in Chicago, or Dallas, why and how does this effect fuel prices here?? Fuel is not shipped from here to there, yes, oil is, but not fuel.

Thanks for putting up with my rant. Today it is $1.24 per Litre, some stations are still at $1.11, but that will change tonight.

#1861 6 years ago

Its harveys fault, no its the war in the middle east, its the current government's fault....hell its all bullshit.

#1863 6 years ago

HOLY shit!!

We have a couple spots around 1.10 here and a few at 1.18

#1864 6 years ago

No Where near as expensive as you guys closer to Toronto $1.05.. not trying to rub it in just an observation lol......Thought I would drop in and Say hi!

new to pinside but hooked...and hooked hard...was just looking at all the cools pins and ended up buying a couple...Only game in town here appears to be player 1 and so gave them all my money on a bunch of stuff for the game room.

Dropped in on this thread as the OP said we could drop in and shoot the shit...and was wondering if you guys might indulge me with a few questions. Bought Game of thrones, TDW and DI all NIB and I was curious what would you guys buy for a brand new Pin to protect them. I have read about cliffy's and different protectors and curious if you were getting a new in Box Pin what would you be doing to it to keep it in great shape...I have 2 teenagers and an 8 year old that I know will already be climbing on the thing and may just start out with a lock on the door. Interested in your feedback...Thanks for taking the time to share!

Cheers,

Barry

#1865 6 years ago
    Quoted from Requis:

No Where near as expensive as you guys closer to Toronto $1.05.. not trying to rub it in just an observation lol......Thought I would drop in and Say hi!
    new to pinside but hooked...and hooked hard...was just looking at all the cools pins and ended up buying a couple...Only game in town here appears to be player 1 and so gave them all my money on a bunch of stuff for the game room.
    Dropped in on this thread as the OP said we could drop in and shoot the shit...and was wondering if you guys might indulge me with a few questions. Bought Game of thrones, TDW and DI all NIB and I was curious what would you guys buy for a brand new Pin to protect them. I have read about cliffy's and different protectors and curious if you were getting a new in Box Pin what would you be doing to it to keep it in great shape...I have 2 teenagers and an 8 year old that I know will already be climbing on the thing and may just start out with a lock on the door. Interested in your feedback...Thanks for taking the time to share!
    Cheers,
    Barry

Very nice Barry! That's a hell of a start man.

#1866 6 years ago

Still $1.06 at Costco . The problem is they could double the price of fuel and demand still wouldn’t lower we would just pay it. Be thankful we don’t live in BC or up north where prices are substantially worse.

Quoted from Darcy:

This pricing stuff is total BS. If you ran your business the same way, you would be out of business in 3 months. Maybe you can tell this gas pricing stuff ruffles my feathers. The price of a barrel oil went up yesterday. So gas is priced accordingly, instantly! If a barrel of oil price takes a drop, those gas prices do not drop at the same rate of speed, that is BS. Last night fresh fuel wasn't delivered to your local gas station, but they will still raise the prices.
    An oil refinery goes off line in Chicago, or Dallas, why and how does this effect fuel prices here?? Fuel is not shipped from here to there, yes, oil is, but not fuel.
    Thanks for putting up with my rant. Today it is $1.24 per Litre, some stations are still at $1.11, but that will change tonight.

#1867 6 years ago
    #1868 6 years ago

I still find it hard to believe that in a week it jumped as much as it did. Gotta be some kind of bend over and take it hosers record. I've seen 7 to 10 cent jumps but 15 to 25 cents in a week? Come on. What did the frenchie in the east do to piss off the Americans? Lol

#1869 6 years ago

Here is a scenario... I just can't resist.

The owner of a sub sandwich shop raises his prices say $2 from 11:30 am to 1:00 PM. Then, Oh My! A bakery burns down in Florida, he then raises his prices because now buns must be harder to get locally. Then lastly, he contacts his competitor that next Thursday he will be changing his prices. That competitor happily raises his price the same amount.

Luckily we can't make our own gasoline at home. Vehicles do not run on love or air. The different prices at different times of the day was/is happening in the Lower Mainland. The fact that no one can find any evidence of price fixing between the oil companies is very interesting.

I'm done, with this, back to Pinball please. (My Apologies in advance, to the Pinside Team.)

#1870 6 years ago

I am sure there is a pinball analogy in there somewhere ... man trashes a pinball machine so others charge $500 more?

#1871 6 years ago

Sorry for gas talk derail. Back to pinball.

Does DHPL need/use subs or alternates? I'll be in the Edmonton area for a few weeks in later Nov, early Dec and would like to test my skills against some better competition if there's something going on.

Or at minimum, I'd like to arrange a day or evening get together with some other pinsiders for some beers and pins. Is there still a free play day at Lucky's?

Thanks guys

#1872 6 years ago

There was a free play day last night at Lucky’s doubt there will be another one this year.

Last League night is November 21, 2017 we are always looking for subs.

Last Tournament of the year DHPL Last Chance Pinball Tournament, on December 9, 2017, registration is on our website www.diehardpinball.ca

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Sorry for gas talk derail. Back to pinball.
    Does DHPL need/use subs or alternates? I'll be in the Edmonton area for a few weeks in later Nov, early Dec and would like to test my skills against some better competition if there's something going on.
    Or at minimum, I'd like to arrange a day or evening get together with some other pinsiders for some beers and pins. Is there still a free play day at Lucky's?
    Thanks guys

#1873 6 years ago
    Quoted from Requis:

Cheers,
    Barry

Welcome Barry.
    These games are built for commercial use, so you don't really have to baby them, let your kids go nuts on them and get them hooked. Your wife can tell you no but not the kids! Cliffy's are great protectors, as long as you are comfortable installing them, some can be tricky. leg protectors are a popular purchase, and so are leg footies to protect the floor. I notice a lot of people put blankets over the games when they are not being played. not sure if it is to protect the glass from scratches, or from the sun, or they use their pins as a shelf when they aren't playing them.

#1874 6 years ago

Blankets are great for dust as well. Less windexing. I jack my games up though and blankets just end up on the floor

Quoted from toasterman04: I notice a lot of people put blankets over the games when they are not being played. not sure if it is to protect the glass from scratches, or from the sun, or they use their pins as a shelf when they aren't playing them.

#1875 6 years ago

"What's Up?" It is November 4th in the Edmonton area it is MINUS 16 Degrees Celsius. Think that is around Zero F. Chores are done, and for the next 10 hours it is Pinball Time,

#1876 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

"What's Up?" It is November 4th in the Edmonton area it is MINUS 16 Degrees Celsius. Think that is around Zero F. Chores are done, and for the next 10 hours it is Pinball Time,

NICE!!!! I am stuck at work till 5... but then head home watch the Riders hopefully win and then some poker and the Big Fight then cap it off with some pinball (like every night).... gonna be a great night

#1877 6 years ago

About 50% through my chores for the day. Still need to haul a Quicksilver into the house and up to the second floor. Now that it's colder, gotta make room in the garage for the wife's vehicle.

#1878 6 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

About 50% through my chores for the day. Still need to haul a Quicksilver into the house and up to the second floor. Now that it's colder, gotta make room in the garage for the wife's vehicle.

lol i promised that to my wife 5 years ago... she is still waiting...

#1879 6 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

NICE!!!! I am stuck at work till 5... but then head home watch the Riders hopefully win and then some poker and the Big Fight then cap it off with some pinball (like every night).... gonna be a great night

Did my invitation get lost in the mail?? Lol

#1880 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

There was a free play day last night at Lucky’s doubt there will be another one this year.
    Last League night is November 21, 2017 we are always looking for subs.
    Last Tournament of the year DHPL Last Chance Pinball Tournament, on December 9, 2017, registration is on our website http://www.diehardpinball.ca

Damn I missed out on this

#1881 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Did my invitation get lost in the mail?? Lol

Lol your never in the city

#1882 6 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

Lol your never in the city

Thought you maybe texted it to me

Eagles make the super bowl, you better be expecting me!

#1883 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Tee hee - it's supposed to be 17C here tomorrow.

#1884 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Thought you maybe texted it to me
    Eagles make the super bowl, you better be expecting me!

lol.... hells ya.... we will party for a week!!!

#1885 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Tee hee - it's supposed to be 17C here tomorrow.

Too bad it's pissing rain out today. Was supposed to move a few pins out

#1886 6 years ago

SAPP's last tourney of the year! Held on a Sunday if any out of towners want to attend.

LastChancePosterFinal-page-001 (resized).jpgLastChancePosterFinal-page-001 (resized).jpg

#1887 6 years ago

That's a pretty clever name for a tournament I like it.

Quoted from smokedog:

SAPP's last tourney of the year! Held on a Sunday if any out of towners want to attend.

#1888 6 years ago

lastchance (resized).pnglastchance (resized).png

back to back, who is in to drive to Saskatoon, SK?

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 8.31.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-11-06 at 8.31.18 PM (resized).png

smokedog what time does your last chance start?

#1889 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Now that's dedication. I love Google maps. Let's just take a 1hr detour to cold lake. Lol

#1890 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

who is in to drive to Saskatoon, SK?

And it's only a little over 4hrs! I'll tag along from the Battlefords if anyone is seriously considering it

#1891 6 years ago

WOw would that ever be cool

#1892 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

I think qualifying starts at 11 AM but I will check for sure.

#1893 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Now that's dedication. I love Google maps. Let's just take a 1hr detour to cold lake. Lol

Looks like Apple maps. Download google maps for your iPhone - much better especially in Canada.

#1894 6 years ago

Is there a Dialed In around Edmonton anywhere? Or just in private collections. Got the itch to play after watching this

#1895 6 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

I think qualifying starts at 11 AM but I will check for sure.

Thanks let us know!

#1896 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Thanks let us know!

11 AM qualifying. 2 strike heads up match play follows.

#1897 6 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

11 AM qualifying. 2 strike heads up match play follows.

You guys aren't concerned with the prospect of an Albertan crashing your tournament and potentially taking home the SK title (and vis-a-versa for the Albertans)?

I know it's a sensitive subject with some US states, where out of staters show up to try to win the state title because the competition is less intense than in their actual "home" state.

#1898 6 years ago

Hope to make the 'stoon tourney! Heading to Montreal for a week and only have two definite plans... Schwartz deli for a smoked meat sammich & North Star Pinball bar for some pins! Well.....& mayyyybe a strip club

285185_fb27cdf242e05de650e97e0eea6aefb63bb2ed6c (resized).jpg285185_fb27cdf242e05de650e97e0eea6aefb63bb2ed6c (resized).jpg

#1899 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

You guys aren't concerned with the prospect of an Albertan crashing your tournament and potentially taking home the SK title (and vis-a-versa for the Albertans)?
    I know it's a sensitive subject with some US states, where out of staters show up to try to win the state title because the competition is less intense than in their actual "home" state.

Well, I think for the last chance tourney, you would have to place top 3 in order to qualify for SK provincials.

Then, you would have to win provincials in January.

It wouldn't bother me at all. But I don't think someone could come in and roll us all. We have some pretty decent players in the province.

#1900 6 years ago

That sounds like a challenge

Quoted from smokedog:

Well, I think for the last chance tourney, you would have to place top 3 in order to qualify for SK provincials.
    Then, you would have to win provincials in January.
    It wouldn't bother me at all. But I don't think someone could come in and roll us all. We have some pretty decent players in the province.

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/38?hl=chancekj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.