(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 95.
    #1801 6 years ago

I didn't think ES was such a hard find. Does no one in Calgary own this pin?

#1802 6 years ago

Got my hands on Star Wars at Denizen this weekend, plays nice. I enjoyed it. At four tokens ($2.00) it is a bit steep for such a fast and furious game but I'm glad they took the plunge and got one for the location. Very happy to support the cause. Really solid line up there.

#1803 6 years ago
    Quoted from noahd42:

Got my hands on Star Wars at Denizen this weekend, plays nice. I enjoyed it. At four tokens ($2.00) it is a bit steep for such a fast and furious game but I'm glad they took the plunge and got one for the location. Very happy to support the cause. Really solid line up there.

2 dollars a play? Is it a Premium or LE at least?

Tuesday's at the cafe all games are .50 cents. Otherwise a dollar to play.

Maybe I should raise prices ...

#1804 6 years ago

Aerosmith pro was $2 in Lloyd and within 2 weeks the price was dropped to a buck a game cause no one played it. Tuesday at Pokey's is the best deal anywhere, imo!

Off topic but I see pool tables in bars trying to charge $2 a game. That's insane to me

#1805 6 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Pro.

I've definitely got to find an excuse to make a trip to Saskatoon one of these days. I'm sure it won't stay at $2.00 forever.

#1806 6 years ago
    Quoted from noahd42:

Pro.
    I've definitely got to find an excuse to make a trip to Saskatoon one of these days. I'm sure it won't stay at $2.00 forever.

pokey's has a tourney on the last Thurs of every month! Aim for that as a target day! I been trying to make it up for one as well! Maybe this month...

Quoted from smokedog:

Don't raise prices..another way to make more money is to expand!! Pokey's Regina sure has a nice ring to it!!

#1807 6 years ago

I installed an led speaker panel kit on my Judge Dredd yesterday, it looks awesome, but a word to the wise for any of you who might be thinking about removing a speaker panel plastic and cleaning it up: I have never dealt with anything in pinball that is even close to as tedious as removing the double-sided mounting tape/glue on the back of those panels. It took probably 2 hours of constant scraping/scrubbing to get it completely clean. That being said, the finished product is really awesome.

20171012_123723 (resized).jpg20171012_123723 (resized).jpg

20171012_123811 (resized).jpg20171012_123811 (resized).jpg

20171012_123830 (resized).jpg20171012_123830 (resized).jpg

20171012_123824 (resized).jpg20171012_123824 (resized).jpg

#1808 6 years ago

that is truely awesome....

#1809 6 years ago

It has two separate controllers for the speaker and panel led's as well, so the speaker led's pulse to the sound and the panel I just have set to cycle through colours. It really fits the theme well! I just need to get Pin Stadium lights installed into it, and upgrade the speakers (and maybe, finally, completely figure out the multiball issue...maybe).

#1810 6 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

It has two separate controllers for the speaker and panel led's as well, so the speaker led's pulse to the sound and the panel I just have set to cycle through colours. It really fits the theme well! I just need to get Pin Stadium lights installed into it, and upgrade the speakers (and maybe, finally, completely figure out the multiball issue...maybe).

Looks awesome brother! Has anyone installed pin stadium lighting yet? It looks cool on the thread but what about in person? Also hear it's pricey $$$

#1811 6 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

I installed an led speaker panel kit on my Judge Dredd yesterday, it looks awesome, but a word to the wise for any of you who might be thinking about removing a speaker panel plastic and cleaning it up: I have never dealt with anything in pinball that is even close to as tedious as removing the double-sided mounting tape/glue on the back of those panels. It took probably 2 hours of constant scraping/scrubbing to get it completely clean. That being said, the finished product is really awesome.

That is a true beauty! I still haven't got my hands on playing a JD yet but that one looks awesome. Nice mod.

#1812 6 years ago

Lookin sick! Like it.

#1813 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Looks awesome brother! Has anyone installed pin stadium lighting yet? It looks cool on the thread but what about in person? Also hear it's pricey $$$

About $280 USD shipped for the UV+Glow flasher colour and GI plug in. That's their most expensive option (but I really wanted the uv for JD). When I get it and install it I'll post some pics, but he said it would be a while until it ships, since they've been getting a ton of orders. I also ordered one for my LOTR.

#1814 6 years ago

$280?! Yikes, I thought it was $150USD & think that's too much!! Hahah.. that JD sure does look deadly tho!

#1815 6 years ago

It is 150 usd...as a starting price, not including shipping. Add in any coloured flashers and the price goes up. Add in the gi adapter, and the price goes up. I think you could homebrew it for pretty cheap, but I'm lazy and have enough work to do on my machines as it is lol

#1816 6 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

It is 150 usd...as a starting price, not including shipping. Add in any coloured flashers and the price goes up. Add in the gi adapter, and the price goes up. I think you could homebrew it for pretty cheap, but I'm lazy and have enough work to do on my machines as it is lol

Seems like a pretty slick rig, but too $ for a cheap guy like me.

Plus, I'd be very leary of any mod that depends on the availability of a mobile phone app. to configure/function. How many years will the app still be supported for? And what happens when it isn't?

Having said that, I'd like to rig my own similar solution on the cheap. I'd be interested in how they are mounting the light bars, maybe you could post some closeups when you get it?

#1817 6 years ago

I have the pin stadium in CV, RZ is waiting to go in.

IMG_1924 (resized).JPGIMG_1924 (resized).JPG

IMG_1927 (resized).JPGIMG_1927 (resized).JPG

IMG_1930 (resized).JPGIMG_1930 (resized).JPG

#1818 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Seems like a pretty slick rig, but too $ for a cheap guy like me.
    Plus, I'd be very leary of any mod that depends on the availability of a mobile phone app. to configure/function. How many years will the app still be supported for? And what happens when it isn't?
    Having said that, I'd like to rig my own similar solution on the cheap. I'd be interested in how they are mounting the light bars, maybe you could post some closeups when you get it?

Yeah, I definitely don't like that side of it, but, if it's anything like the other LED lights in my games, you basically just set it and forget it, so there is that. When the support is gone, at the end of the day you still have the LED lights themselves, and if needed you could manually connect them in somewhere else. From what I understand, mounting can vary game to game on these, but I think the most common solution involves magnetic mounts. volkdrive what does CV use for mounting? Looks sick!

#1819 6 years ago

That's better then the $550us I originally heard.
    To do a game with full leds is around $200 and some pics I saw had incandescent lighting and still glowed.

Great looking volkdrive!! Please post b4 and after pics of rz when you complete it.

#1820 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

That's better then the $550us I originally heard.
    To do a game with full leds is around $200 and some pics I saw had incandescent lighting and still glowed.
    Great looking volkdrive!! Please post b4 and after pics of rz when you complete it.

$550 is about the price for two kits with upgrades, shipped, so maybe that's what you heard?

Either way, it's a nice looking product if you have the scratch for it, and if nothing else, it gives people an idea of how to do it themselves on the cheap.

So, in other news, what are your guys thoughts on the new JJP? It's officially launching tonight, but the first few photos leaked within the last hour. The theme isn't for me, but I think it looks great and looks like a lot of fun to shoot on.

#1821 6 years ago

The light show looks 100% better in front of you. It's a nice product

#1822 6 years ago

Can't wait to see it some older Williams and Bally games.

#1823 6 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

So, in other news, what are your guys thoughts on the new JJP? It's officially launching tonight, but the first few photos leaked within the last hour. The theme isn't for me, but I think it looks great and looks like a lot of fun to shoot on.

Don't care for the theme but game looks fun. Looking forward to seeing a video of it in action

#1824 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Don't care for the theme but game looks fun. Looking forward to seeing a video of it in action

If HAS to be better than the Stern version of POTC

#1825 6 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

If HAS to be better than the Stern version of POTC

it is

#1826 6 years ago

Jjppotc looks really cool, imo. Jjp are sure creative with their innovations. Stern better step it's game up.
    I think I'm becoming infatuated with tna lately. I've been gravitating towards tough early 80s Bally's lately and tna fits the bill. Anyone else interested in tna?

#1827 6 years ago

Looks great, very interested to try it.

#1828 6 years ago

Likewise, it looks awesome. Hopefully there will be one at YEGPIN if they are shipping Q1 2018 as mentioned on the stream.

#1829 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Jjppotc looks really cool, imo. Jjp are sure creative with their innovations. Stern better step it's game up.
    I think I'm becoming infatuated with tna lately. I've been gravitating towards tough early 80s Bally's lately and tna fits the bill. Anyone else interested in tna?

I put the deposit down on TNA this morning. I need to mix some stuff up in my lineup.

#1830 6 years ago

TNA looks great! Been following it very closely and it's currently the ONLY new pin that I have ever considered buying. Even as a whitewood people were already freaking out over it! Love the placement of the pop bumper (and that target bank is at the perfect angle to feed that pop). Love the ball lock and love the fact that you can steal balls that someone else has locked (great group game). The lighting, sounds, a real skill shot, speed, this game just gets so many things right! With no subways and ramps, it's also going to be a breeze to keep clean and waxed!

t_shirt_tna_mens_1-3 (resized).jpgt_shirt_tna_mens_1-3 (resized).jpg

#1831 6 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

I put the deposit down on TNA this morning. I need to mix some stuff up in my lineup.

Do you know how much it would cost (All In) for a TNA to be delivered to Edmonton?

#1832 6 years ago

Not sure what the shipping is going to end up being, but at 5995 USD, it's still pretty attractively priced.

#1833 6 years ago

I figured it out with taxes frieght and exchange it was about $9200 CAD

don’t know if I did the math right .... but if I did

KT quoted me $700 us freight charge

#1834 6 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

I figured it out with taxes frieght and exchange it was about $9200 CAD
    don’t know if I did the math right .... but if I did
    KT quoted me $700 us freight charge

Jump in with someone, you might save some cash, or thats what volkdrive is telling me KT is telling him. How is that for some first hand info. This is why I hope Nitro becomes a Spooky distributor for Alice. [I have no knowledge that this will happen, or is in progress, but my hope is that it does]

#1835 6 years ago

Alright, TNA owners rally up, we'll get a c-can full of TNA's shipped to us!

#1836 6 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

Alright, TNA owners rally up, we'll get a c-can full of TNA's shipped to us!

I'm in if it's not 9k cnd delivered! Kev? That's 3. Who else?

#1837 6 years ago

Lol I was super pumped for this game.... but when I crunched the numbers.... yikes! I gotta play it first!

#1838 6 years ago

Smokedog, can’t believe that awesome Whirlwind pin of yours hasn’t sold yet. What a challenging pin

#1839 6 years ago

As anyone in eastern Canada bought from Nitro Pinball? If so can you PM me

#1840 6 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

I didn't think ES was such a hard find. Does no one in Calgary own this pin?

I have one in Edmonton.

#1841 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cam:

I have one in Edmonton.

I'm heading to Edmonton this weekend as my kid is in a bowling tourney. May try to see if tickets to the Oilers game is feasible and if time permits I'd love to take a look at it to play if you are willing or able to. It's been over 20 years since I played ES, my 1st pin . I'll PM you.

Tony

#1842 6 years ago

Are there places for kids to play pinball in Edmonton.

#1843 6 years ago

Probably at Monster Mini Golf (next door to Gateway Lanes).

#1844 6 years ago

TBatti - At the Rec room in south Edm common they have a GOT & a Star Trek - both pros. They play ok.
    Probably similar venue as your Calgary location.

#1845 6 years ago

Off topic:
    Great deal at Co-Op this week for 2" tie downs.. Stock up now for your pin hauling needs

20171027_073317 (resized).jpg20171027_073317 (resized).jpg

#1846 6 years ago

Hey guys, any chance someone has a spare ULN2803A chip they would be willing to ship? Or is there anywhere in Canada I can find the chip?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/ULN2803A

#1848 6 years ago

Thanks, I will check that out.

#1849 6 years ago

Holding 30 right now. Needed a bunch as I kept blowing them fixing JM. PM your address I'll kick you one for a beer next time I am in Lethbridge.

#1850 6 years ago

Looking for local pinhead for NIB delivery's in Ottawa. Hit me up if available.

Thanks,

[email protected]

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.