(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 86 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 95.
    #1751 6 years ago

Well just jumped the border and returned with three pins! A secret service, riverboat gambler and a Hurricane. Time to take the wife out for an expensive dinner! LOL.

#1752 6 years ago

Does anyone in Regina (or nearby) have a Rom Burner I can borrow?

#1753 6 years ago

I had the pleasure of stopping in at Pokey's Pinball Cafe last night in Saskatoon. Got to meet Smokedog and play his great collection of games. If you are ever in the Saskatoon area it is a must stop. The games are maintained very well and he has a good selection from solid state to end era to modern machines. From what I have been told they have great food there too and it is all ages till 8:00pm. Got a chance to light up some scores and finally figured out how to play Star Wars!!! Thanks for a great night look forward to stopping by again if I am in town!!!

#1754 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

I had the pleasure of stopping in at Pokey's Pinball Cafe last night in Saskatoon. Got to meet Smokedog and play his great collection of games. If you are ever in the Saskatoon area it is a must stop. The games are maintained very well and he has a good selection from solid state to end era to modern machines. From what I have been told they have great food there too and it is all ages till 8:00pm. Got a chance to light up some scores and finally figured out how to play Star Wars!!! Thanks for a great night look forward to stopping by again if I am in town!!!

Was a pleasure to meet ya Derek! Next time bring the kiddos and have some eats. Next week we change the line up. I miss Metallica so it's coming back, along with LotR and Meteor.

#1755 6 years ago

When does pokey's open up it's 2nd location in Regina?!

#1756 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

What's your thoughts on Star Wars Derek? Rules, design?
    Pokey's wasn't open yet when I went last week so ended up down the street playing toaster's afmr.

#1757 6 years ago

Fun shooting game, but the code really doesn't entice you to do anything but pick R2D2 right now. They need to find a way to make the other modes as lucrative or tone down R2... Had lots of fun playing it is a dream theme for sure.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

What's your thoughts on Star Wars Derek? Rules, design?
    Pokey's wasn't open yet when I went last week so ended up down the street playing toaster's afmr.

#1758 6 years ago

Sure wish one would go on location in Edmonton, seems like a no brainer...

#1759 6 years ago
    Quoted from libtech:

Sure wish one would go on location in Edmonton, seems like a no brainer...

Find me a location (all ages) space around some traffic and I’ll do it.

#1760 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Not sure if they're still there but what about gateway lanes or reds? Any of the dollar theaters still have arcades?

#1761 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Terwillegar Sports complex Centre, adults, kids everywhere

#1762 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Not sure if they're still there but what about gateway lanes or reds? Any of the dollar theaters still have arcades?

Last I saw earlier this year, Gateway Lanes had a Nascar, Transformers and Ghostbusters. GB was the only one playable. The others were turned on and taking money but had serious issues.

#1763 6 years ago

Yea Id buy one to route too, seems like a gold mine - especially as you mentioned it you found a family friendly spot.

Ugg, I hate locations that dont take care of their games, went to red robin the other day, batman was unplayable and soo dirty, and met actually did play fine, but was also super dirty.

#1764 6 years ago

Anyone here going to Vancouver Flip Out? Im curious about a few things, would really appreciate, as Im on the other end of the country.

Shoot me a PM.

Thanks,

#1765 6 years ago

Have had a few people reach out to me from flip out.

Thanks to those who messaged me

No longer need assistance

Cheers

#1766 6 years ago

2AD3DF11-E51C-44B7-AF09-0DFFE97AD36C (resized).jpeg2AD3DF11-E51C-44B7-AF09-0DFFE97AD36C (resized).jpeg

The hall strikes first!

#1767 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

The hall strikes first!

Any of you guys wanna head down there next week and check it out sometime? Would be a lot more fun figuring it out with other people

#1768 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

The hall strikes first!

I may have to drop by Denizen Hall tomorrow to take a gander & see what all the fuss is all about

#1769 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Fun shooting game, but the code really doesn't entice you to do anything but pick R2D2 right now. They need to find a way to make the other modes as lucrative or tone down R2... Had lots of fun playing it is a dream theme for sure.

Luke will be more important when Lightsaber Duel is in the game.

Rob

#1770 6 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

Any of you guys wanna head down there next week and check it out sometime? Would be a lot more fun figuring it out with other people

I'm in

#1771 6 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I may have to drop by Denizen Hall tomorrow to take a gander & see what all the fuss is all about

There is no real fuss other than that game is pretty lame .

#1772 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lord_of_the_pins:

Played a dozen games of Star Wars so far and didn't find the pin that much fun to play. Great theme but falls short so far. Maybe when the code updates it will play better?

#1773 6 years ago

When it gets out of beta with 1.0, hopefully sometime in 2018, it might improve some.

#1774 6 years ago

I'ld love to hear what you guys think of it, especially if you go as a group. I have played the one here and didn't enjoy it at all. I was by myself though and had no idea what I was meant to be doing. I guess that says a lot, it can't be good when it takes more than one person to enjoy. Maybe I should search for info online and try again. I went twice already maybe third time's the charm.

#1775 6 years ago

I saw that post, I am definitely looking forward to taking Star Wars for a spin in the near future.

#1776 6 years ago

Anyone have an Earthshaker in the Calgary area?

#1777 6 years ago

I'm looking for a Corvette pinball in the Ottawa area.

#1778 6 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

What are you doing sat night? Familys out of town, so I was going to swing by there for a few hours after work

#1779 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lord_of_the_pins:

Good thing we all don't like the same things.

If you liked GoT, you will enjoy Star Wars. Fast, furious, with a lot going on. Tons of different ways to attack the pin. Shoots great.

As an OP, it's fantastic. Performing very well.

#1780 6 years ago

I think Jordan and I might go over Saturday night

#1781 6 years ago
    Quoted from libtech:

What are you doing sat night? Familys out of town, so I was going to swing by there for a few hours after work

I can probably swing that, text me when you're gonna head down there.

#1782 6 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Good thing we all don't like the same things.
    If you liked GoT, you will enjoy Star Wars. Fast, furious, with a lot going on. Tons of different ways to attack the pin. Shoots great.
    As an OP, it's fantastic. Performing very well.

I love playing GOTLE,SW not so much.
    Seems to be heavily played on the left side only for me.

#1783 6 years ago

Anybody in Edmonton thinking of ordering from Marcos in the near future? I need some springs and compression rings but can't justify the shipping cost associated with a 10$ US order.

If anyone is interested in a shared order let me know....

#1784 6 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Anybody in Edmonton thinking of ordering from Marcos in the near future? I need some springs and compression rings but can't justify the shipping cost associated with a 10$ US order.
    If anyone is interested in a shared order let me know....

Disregard.....someone local reached out to me and we made an order this afternoon.

Thank you

#1785 6 years ago

I forgot to mention....

CTV Edmonton news at 6PM (MST) tonight will have a story about pinball culture in the city. (from collecting to league nights)

Check it out if you get CTV Edmonton

#1786 6 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I forgot to mention....
    CTV Edmonton news at 6PM (MST) tonight will have a story about pinball culture in the city. (from collecting to league nights)
    Check it out if you get CTV Edmonton

Well there goes all the great deals for older pins around Edmonton

#1787 6 years ago

It was just on ctv news Regina as well!

#1788 6 years ago

We are already getting email inquiries about registration for league. Great story was glad to be a part of it.

#1789 6 years ago

Here's a link to the story for those who missed it.....

http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1220911

#1790 6 years ago

That's my old Hobbit, small world. 5 of those crappy high scores are mine.

#1791 6 years ago

they never threw the dreaded "pinball wizard " in there !

#1792 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

We are already getting email inquiries about registration for league. Great story was glad to be a part of it.

Awesome! I heard about the feature on the radio during my drive home. I'm glad the word is getting out there

#1793 6 years ago

He said we can never lose money on pins yay!

#1794 6 years ago

Oh, that must be why my neighbor was in my garage asking me questions about pinball. It just seemed so random.

1 week later
    #1795 6 years ago

So our Calgary Pinball league started back up for its 3rd season this week. We've grown so much we've had to split the group into 2 nights! I believe I heard we are sitting at 80+ members, which was rumored to be the largest Pinball league in Canada!

I'd be interested to hear from some folks in other leagues around Canada to hear about your league growth over the last couple years, and what sorts of events you have planned, Open tournaments, etc.

#1796 6 years ago
    Quoted from JoshODBrown:

So our Calgary Pinball league started back up for its 3rd season this week. We've grown so much we've had to split the group into 2 nights! I believe I heard we are sitting at 80+ members, which was rumored to be the largest Pinball league in Canada!
    I'd be interested to hear from some folks in other leagues around Canada to hear about your league growth over the last couple years, and what sorts of events you have planned, Open tournaments, etc.

We're the biggest league regardless of people. I'm shocked Dan's head fits through the door some nights, lol.

#1797 6 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

We're the biggest league regardless of people. I'm shocked Dan's head fits through the door some nights, lol.

I am the legend Tony,lol

#1798 6 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

I am the legend Tony,lol

I hope we can meet up again. I'll try not to have stone cold flipper fingers.

#1799 6 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

I hope we can meet up again. I'll try not to have stone cold flipper fingers.

Always fun playing you Tony,that's all that matters

#1800 6 years ago

When I get matched up vs JK, Doug and yourself I seem to try too hard to make things happen and play worse. lol. I'll practice against my kids at least they can beat you. lol. Always fun, yes.

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/36?hl=chancekj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.