(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 64 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 95.
    #1701 6 years ago

I would like to think they are confusing a US dollar price, with our Canadian dollar. But most likely not

#1702 6 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Worst is my twd is up for trade....

What you hoping to trade it for flashinstinct?! +\- cash ...just wondering what u plan on adding next! (I see you've had some beauties in your collection!)

#1703 6 years ago

That's the thing I don't really want to get rid of it but the kids are scared of it. At least the oldest one is (go figure). I've pushed it to the end of the row and still with it turned off my oldest doesn't want to come in the room. So he's either gonna have to toughen up or I'll have to man up and let it go. As for what to trade it for... I am not sure... I've had trade offers mostly for older Williams games + cash which is good but I'm so reluctant to let it go that I'd have to find the perfect game to trade. I'm a very much "Mode based" kinda guy, I love completing missions. I might even sell it and get a Star Wars but Stern's lack luster of features + "ghosting is normal" + "price hike" have rubbed me the wrong way. So it really boils down to...Perhaps finding the right Williams game or a newer Stern like Aerosmith

I've been offered a Shadow + cash and we are both happy with the arrangement, I'm just not sure on Shadow...seems like loop loop loop kinda game unless someone can tell me other wise. Ive seen the videos of the strategies and really like the ramp switch but wondering if it's going to wear off quick.

To some it up I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment.

#1704 6 years ago

Shadow and star wars are great choices..have u considered AFMr or Dialed In. Kids would definitely get into that one and I heard if it's set up properly that its a pretty cool game. I played one out of the box and enjoyed it but the theme (compared to Alien!) Just wasn't for me.

#1705 6 years ago

Hey Flash, the Shadow is my favorite. Take TS and cash.

#1706 6 years ago

Shadow is the best WPC imo

#1707 6 years ago

Ok in your opinion which is better TWD or Shadow?

#1708 6 years ago

Personally, I prefer the modern games with deeper rulesets, so TWD is better. Two of the best ever though.

#1709 6 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Personally, I prefer the modern games with deeper rulesets, so TWD is better. Two of the best ever though.

Not a tough decision for you you own both LOL

#1710 6 years ago

I'm considering selling my TRON:LE to fund a purchase of Dialed In. I bought it new from Starburst and it's never left my gameroom - still have the receipt. Only mod is the arcade cabinet and Titan rubbers.

Anyone interested?

#1711 6 years ago

I don't think The Shadow at YEGPIN had a properly working battlefield, but I would definitely like to get more time on one. I really liked playing it. The shots were diverse and the ramp options seem interesting at a glance.

I will usually dump money into TWD on location any chance I get but a lot of the shots seem pretty standard for Sterns these days. The skill shot is too easy. The rules are deep, but I can only ever manage to have one REALLY good ball on that game if I'm lucky.

#1712 6 years ago

For me the Shadow has something magical maybe its the era but it's just got that X factor and I love it. Maybe its memories of the radio show as a kid. Needs the alternate translite though the stock one is terrible. TWD I don't really get, we have on here at work I try and log time on it but it just doesn't suck me in. Maybe I need to dig deeper into the rules but I always seem to end up in the same mode and I never get much farther into the game.

#1713 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I'm considering selling my TRON:LE to fund a purchase of Dialed In. I bought it new from Starburst and it's never left my gameroom - still have the receipt. Only mod is the arcade cabinet and Titan rubbers.
    Anyone interested?

Shit,sold my DILE already

#1714 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I been checking them out on there too.. not paying big bucks for one but will grab one when the $$ is right! Can't see it sticking around too long so don't wanna over pay

How about that Solar City on kijiji? HUO since new? i'm intrigued. I'm just scared of trying to make an offer since they claim there is a US appraisal of $4350?!? I would only insult by trying an offer I think

#1715 6 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

How about that Solar City on kijiji? HUO since new? i'm intrigued. I'm just scared of trying to make an offer since they claim there is a US appraisal of $4350?!? I would only insult by trying an offer I think

If it is one of the ultra rare never seen, Solid State Prototypes, then maybe, just maybe, that $4350.00 could make sense.

#1716 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Anyone interested?

does Kerimonster read this... might be able to have his just show up .... dare I ask how much?

#1717 6 years ago

Is the sapp tournament today or was it last week? Mil's plane was delayed till today so I'll be down in Saskatoon tonight most likely. I'd like to get a few games in on SW or afmr before heading back. Thanks

#1718 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Is the sapp tournament today or was it last week? Mil's plane was delayed till today so I'll be down in Saskatoon tonight most likely. I'd like to get a few games in on SW or afmr before heading back. Thanks

SAPP tourney is tonight at the cafe. It's always the last Thursday of the month. Free play at 6, tourney start at 7.

#1719 6 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

SAPP tourney is tonight at the cafe. It's always the last Thursday of the month. Free play at 6, tourney start at 7.

What time does it usually go to? Might be little tight on time for me.

#1720 6 years ago

10ish? All depends how many we get out.

#1721 6 years ago

you gotta make it in Jay... great times dude... great times!!!!

#1722 6 years ago

Has the Calgary tournament filled up yet?

#1723 6 years ago
    Quoted from wolv3:

Pingod ?

#1724 6 years ago
    Quoted from wolv3:

Stopped by the venue tonight with Tommy and Suzanne from Nitro and heard there were 80-90 people signed up for the tournament. Nice selection of games throughout the bar. Game areas are split between the main game room with most of the usual games that have been available to the league, and then a pile of additional donated machines in the upstairs loft area, and 3 or 4 machines out on the floor in the main bar and dining area. I'm not sure of the exact count... maybe 25ish? Should be a great event, and I think signup is still open tomorrow (Saturday) around 11 AM until maybe noon or so.

#1725 6 years ago

Game lineup for the weekend at the Silverball Rodeo in Calgary this weekend is as follows:

Pinbot
    Black Knight
    Aerosmith
    Metallica
    The Addams Family
    Terminator 3
    Revenge From Mars
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Cyclone
    Bram Stoker's Dracula
    Game of Thrones LE
    Mata Hari
    Ghostbusters
    Xenon
    World Cup Soccer '94
    Monopoly
    Johnny Mnemonic
    Golden Arrow
    World Cup Soccer '94
    Jurrasic Park
    Last Action Hero
    Lost World
    Bad Cats
    Theater of Magic
    Demolition Man

#1727 6 years ago

IMG_7054 (resized).JPGIMG_7054 (resized).JPGIMG_7074 (resized).JPGIMG_7074 (resized).JPGIMG_7066 (resized).JPGIMG_7066 (resized).JPGIMG_7088 (resized).JPGIMG_7088 (resized).JPG

#1728 6 years ago

Check out the Pastafarian playing Theatre of Magic. I had to do a double take when i saw that dude walking around today.

#1729 6 years ago

Is it a trick of the light or is that TAF purple?

#1730 6 years ago
    Quoted from flakeloaf:

Is it a trick of the light or is that TAF purple?

I think I just caught the purple LED's Ask Darren.

#1731 6 years ago

Is there anytime to play, not tournament?

#1732 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Is there anytime to play, not tournament?

I think it is free play from 1200 on . There is tourney running on select machines until tourney is over at 4.00 .

#1733 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lord_of_the_pins:

I think it is free play from 1200 on . There is tourney running on select machines until tourney is over at 4.00 .

Finals at 3pm
    Derek is the last remaining Edmonton player. Come down and play some pin/cheer on your city!

#1734 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

I think I just caught the purple LED's Ask Darren.

Hey I'm nobody's judge, it's fun to see the personal touches people put on their own machines!

#1735 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Finals at 3pm
    Derek is the last remaining Edmonton player. Come down and play some pin/cheer on your city!

So who won? Results anywhere?

#1736 6 years ago

Results are. .. RIDERS WIN BABY

#1737 6 years ago

1st - Darren K (Calgary)
    2nd - Derek T (Edmonton)
    3rd - John K (Calgary?)
    4th - Doug T (Calgary)

Tom B and I were in the finals. but there were better players today. Lots of pinball this month so it's a marathon. Next week PinGolf then the one and only flipout!

#1738 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

1st - Darren K (Calgary)
    2nd - Derek T (Edmonton)
    3rd - John K (Calgary?)
    4th - Doug T (Calgary)
    Tom B and I were in the finals. but there were better players today. Lots of pinball this month so it's a marathon. Next week PinGolf then the one only flipout!

Congrats to Darren aka pinchamp !

The pinside name finally earned.

#1739 6 years ago

Conrats pinchamp ! Looks like there was some nice playing all around from the Calgary folks, sorry I couldn't make it out.

#1740 6 years ago

Thanks everyone and thanks to Clark for putting on a great tournament. Things went smoothly and the timing seemed on schedule throughout. I believe the total was 84 players.

Here is a shot of most of the full group of players. The next shot is of me thinking I lost Last Action Hero when I actually won with bonus. Final games were Golden arrow, Last Action Here and Bad Cats. It all came down to 3 players to win or lose on Bad Cats.

And yes, The spot lights are purple LEDs on my Addams Family. It was a full kit I purchased that did the color layout. I like it personally.

IMG_3599 (resized).JPGIMG_3599 (resized).JPG

20170903_153058 (resized).jpg20170903_153058 (resized).jpg

IMG_3597 (resized).JPGIMG_3597 (resized).JPG

#1741 6 years ago

Just catching up on this thread. Love seeing all the chatter on our event. Such a good time and really blew away our expectations on all fronts. The Die Hard crew really upped the competive pressure and helped get the machines set to big league tourney specs. Can't say enough good things about the machine donors and volunteers, no way this could have happened without each and every one of them stepping up. Just amazing to see our little pin community pull together to put this on. And while the tourney was rad it was super rewarding to see all of the casual players that came out yesterday for the rock show. Machines were fully utilized the whole time and they had to pry people off of them at closing. Good job pinchamp for finally becoming a real champ. And pingod truly is a Pin God for all he does to make our events happen and spread the good word of pinball to the people. Thanks again for a great weekend everyone! Lots more fun stuff coming from the SCPL including an expanded league starting in the coming weeks. Oh and if you pop into the Trap you might just see a few more games than normal... Happy to say that's a permanent thing.

Clark

20170903_202719 (resized).jpg20170903_202719 (resized).jpg

20170903_151601 (resized).jpg20170903_151601 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170902_153223 (resized).jpgIMG_20170902_153223 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170901_193309_583 (resized).jpgIMG_20170901_193309_583 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170903_214014_792 (resized).jpgIMG_20170903_214014_792 (resized).jpg

#1742 6 years ago

Looks like a great show, awesome job down there guys!

#1743 6 years ago

Good turnout! Congrats to the winners!

#1744 6 years ago

Pingolf in Edmonton this weekend too! Another tournament at The Station in Calgary next weekend, and Vancouver FlipOut the following week. It's a busy few weeks for pinball for sure!

#1745 6 years ago

Yes for that very reason we may move the PinGolf tournament to October in the future. Our schedule should hopefully be ratified in October by our executive team.

Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Pingolf in Edmonton this weekend too! Another tournament at The Station in Calgary next weekend, and Vancouver FlipOut the following week. It's a busy few weeks for pinball for sure!

#1746 6 years ago

To be fair, pingolf tournament was there first, these newbie Calgary tournaments just crammed themselves in rudely.

But it would be good to spread things out a bit.

#1747 6 years ago

Ha it's all good more pinball tournaments are good for everyone just need to make sure we coordinate them occordingly so they all get great support.

Quoted from Fytr:

To be fair, pingolf tournament was there first, these newbie Calgary tournaments just crammed themselves in rudely.

#1748 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Lol...Seriously tho, what a great problem to have. Cram more!!!! Good time to be a pinball fan. Calgary is stepping it up and I personally couldn't be more stoked for them and the amazing community there.

Friendly reminder to book off the first weekend in May. I think there might be a tournament that weekend.

#1749 6 years ago

Man I wish the big tourneys were not on long weekends. Too many other things happen on long weekends and family getaways. If the Friday or Monday isn't needed I don't really understand why they happen on long weekends.

#1750 6 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

Man I wish the big tourneys were not on long weekends. Too many other things happen on long weekends and family getaways. If the Friday or Monday isn't needed I don't really understand why they happen on long weekends.

For the Calgary event, our location has every Friday and Saturday booked for bands and we were co-hosting the event with a group of bands so we could do the band thing on Sunday and thus the reason to have the long weekend Monday off. The event went until after midnight Sunday -

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.