(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 95.
    #1601 6 years ago

Definitely looks 18+ to me. I can see big trouble for this if in a family facility.

#1602 6 years ago

Great looking set up and collection volkdrive

As for Goldeneye I remember seeing that animation when Buffalo pinball was playing it. And I think I saw it when I played the game at yegpin. It's definitely suggestive, especially outside of the context of the film itself.

I wonder if it can be disabled?

#1603 6 years ago

I'm offended by everyone's political correctness nowadays

#1604 6 years ago

I find that story about Goldeneye hard to believe. The game has been out for how many years? Maybe I would believe it 30 years ago when video games were turning the youth into Satan worshippers. Someone probably complained and a cop came buy and had a conversation with him.

#1605 6 years ago
    Quoted from Malibu-SS:

Careful if you have a Goldeneye Pinball out on location.....posted on the Winnipeg Pinball Forum yesterday
    http://wpgpinball.canadian-forum.com/t1118-goldeneye-pinball-explicit
    My arcade at Victoria Beach has just been "raided" by the RCMP. Apparently Goldeneye pinball has some obscene graphics on the DMD. The RCMP are going to seize the machine to make a final determination.
    If anyone has any idea what may be graphic on the display let me know.Its a 20 year old game and i cant imagine that nobody wouldn't have noticed it sooner I have seen nothing on the net with several searches.
    Found what might be it 1:45 of the video
    » YouTube video

Something tells me this is a gag.

#1606 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Something tells me this is a gag.

Dont think so.......I will try and find out more from the Op

#1607 6 years ago

ok ..still haven't heard Tommy's big announcement yet.. so time to speculate! I figured he either stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last nite, or he saved a ton on his insurance by switching to Geico. Of course , this is just speculation!

#1608 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

ok ..still haven't heard Tommy's big announcement yet.. so time to speculate! I figured he either stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last nite, or he saved a ton on his insurance by switching to Geico. Of course , this is just speculation!

That has got to be it he saved 15% by switching to Geico !

#1609 6 years ago
    Quoted from Malibu-SS:

Careful if you have a Goldeneye Pinball out on location.....posted on the Winnipeg Pinball Forum yesterday
    http://wpgpinball.canadian-forum.com/t1118-goldeneye-pinball-explicit
    My arcade at Victoria Beach has just been "raided" by the RCMP. Apparently Goldeneye pinball has some obscene graphics on the DMD. The RCMP are going to seize the machine to make a final determination.
    If anyone has any idea what may be graphic on the display let me know.Its a 20 year old game and i cant imagine that nobody wouldn't have noticed it sooner I have seen nothing on the net with several searches.
    Found what might be it 1:45 of the video
    » YouTube video

That is some utter bullshit. This is the kind of thing that makes people not trust police.

#1610 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Since he was recently spotted in China I'm going to guess that Nitro is going into pinball parts sales for Canada in a big way. I hope I'm right, paying the US $ penalty and especially the ridiculous shipping fees to Canada from existing parts places is brutal, a "local" source would be awesome!

#1611 6 years ago
    Quoted from Malibu-SS:

Dont think so.......I will try and find out more from the Op

any facts you care to pass along? or shall we hastily round up the angry mob as "they've stolen our pinball machines!" (Medieval madness audio)

Quoted from EvanDickson:

That is some utter bullshit. This is the kind of thing that makes people not trust police.

mistrust the police on here-say? Offensive, Evan my good man..

Our national police aren't in the business of seizing pinball machines across the country. Perhaps someone has complained under the crtc / provincial regulations?

#1612 6 years ago

congrats to the Calgary boys and to the Edmonton Die Hards for the Alberta tourney! sounds like it was a blast! let's see a pic of the trophy!

#1613 6 years ago

Thanks Dion
    Good time,happy to take the cup home.

IMG_3077 (resized).JPGIMG_3077 (resized).JPG

#1614 6 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Thanks Dion

Ah, the mirrored ceilings at luckys. Memories

#1615 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Ah, the mirrored ceilings at luckys. Memories

Lucky's...? I thought that was Dan's place.

Congrat's to Team Calgary, well done guys!

#1616 6 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Thanks Dion

Congrats to the Calgary guys on there big win ! Where is your Scpl shirt Dan ?

#1617 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lord_of_the_pins:

Congrats to the Calgary guys on there big win ! Where is your Scpl shirt Dan ?

Thanks Shaun
    I am sponsored by Nitro Pinball,lol
    Forgot to bring one

#1618 6 years ago

SW Pro added to the line up @ Pokey's Pinball Cafe.

20170723_185618 (resized).jpg20170723_185618 (resized).jpg

#1619 6 years ago

Like to thank the guys from the ACC that came on Saturday for the great evening we all had. Pinball, beer, and shooting the shit. Nice weather to have the game room garage open, and none of the neighbors called the cops on us. Even had a few interested in the pins and getting their own, so passed on info on Yegpin to them. Last shot before I turned out the lights at 12:30.....

IMG_1810[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1810[1] (resized).JPG

#1620 6 years ago

What an awesome night that would have been volkdrive!!!

#1621 6 years ago

It was! Makes you realize that us pin people are a great community. No different than a car or bike club I guess. Just that so many people can have a great time together and no one gets out of line. Even when we start elbow bending. We just play better.

#1622 6 years ago

I know this has been talked about.. but looking for some direction. I might be getting a pin from the states.Here are some options based on quotes.

$460 USD from a transport company to deliver to Sweetgrass Montana. It could be stored for 20 bucks or so and I can pick it up there. I would probably just pay GST on it to take it over the border?

$550+ quote from uship directly to Calgary (will still need to pay brokerage/fees, etc).

I haven't factored in insurance or anything.

I am a bit more worried going on the Uship route because its not as direct and I feel like there are more unknowns.

Thoughts on what direction to take?

#1623 6 years ago

Got Star Wars Pro from Nitro Pinball this past week. We had it shipped to Calgary and picked it up ourselves... pretty painless process, and only recommended if you are comfortable/confident with your machine moving and setup abilities. We dragged a camera along, so if you are bored at work today and want to kill an hour, here you go!

So far I am enjoying the game, seems to be fairly popular... lots of on location Star Wars Pros popping up across Canada it seems. Jay Richardson Pinball will be bringing one for folks to try this Wednesday evening (July 26) at the Atlantic Trap & Gill in Calgary!

#1624 6 years ago

Any Star Wars pins hitting Edmonton soon?

#1625 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

This is pretty big news from Tommy on the Homepin Official Thread thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/18#post-3877831

"Mike has just confirmed he'll be speaking at Vancouver FlipOut Pinball Expo Sep 22-24, 2017 http://www.VancouverFlipOut.com
    Looking forward to hearing about Thunderbirds and Homepin's factory in China!"

#1626 6 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

Like to thank the guys from the ACC that came on Saturday for the great evening we all had. Pinball, beer, and shooting the shit. Nice weather to have the game room garage open, and none of the neighbors called the cops on us. Even had a few interested in the pins and getting their own, so passed on info on Yegpin to them. Last shot before I turned out the lights at 12:30.....

Sorry I didn't make it there,I was tired.
    Went home to sleep in my own bed.
    Did you give your parts to one of the guys for Vince.

#1627 6 years ago

Sure did. Better Vince and I have the $ than PayPal

#1628 6 years ago

There's a free 4x8 air hockey table on Calgary kijiji. They're space eaters but always fun.

#1629 6 years ago

Any Stern Star Wars in Quebec City yet ?? In fact other than Macflys any other good locations ? Gonna be there this weekend

1 week later
    #1630 6 years ago

Nitro Pinball is expanding operations and looking to increase our tech support across Canada. We want individuals from the community that are passionate about pinball and love assisting with diagnosis & repair. Your primary focus will be NIB pinball machines via Stern, Chicago Gaming, Jersey Jack Pinball, American Pinball, Heighway Pinball, Dutch Pinball & Homepin. Please call us toll free 1-855-DO-NITRO (36-64876) or email [email protected]

Thx, T

#1631 6 years ago

you got an aerosmith set up to try Tommy? Hear great things about it.

#1632 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hawk007:

you got an aerosmith set up to try Tommy? Hear great things about it.

Absolutely! Drop by the showroom anytime.

#1633 6 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Nitro Pinball is expanding operations and looking to increase our tech support across Canada. We want individuals from the community that are passionate about pinball and love assisting with diagnosis & repair. Your primary focus will be NIB pinball machines via Stern, Chicago Gaming, Jersey Jack Pinball, American Pinball, Heighway Pinball, Dutch Pinball & Homepin. Please call us toll free 1-855-DO-NITRO (36-64876) or email [email protected]
    Thx, T

Isn't that Al Miller's new job,lol
    Sign me up,how much does it pay

#1634 6 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

Any Star Wars pins hitting Edmonton soon?

I was wondering the same thing, has one made it out our way yet?

#1635 6 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Thx, T

This is awsome news Tommy

#1636 6 years ago

Anyone in the Ottawa have a Dialed-In that I could try?

#1637 6 years ago

There are roughly 985 Canadian Pinsiders on the Pinside Map. Could we come to a consensus, and each of us mail or Email Garry Stern on their use of Playdium/Starburst as the only official Stern Pinball Distro for Canada. Nitro Pinball if it becomes a distributor will surely out sell Starburst. So write Mr. Stern let him know we want another option for Canada. You might get a nice letter back thanking you for your comments.

#1638 6 years ago

It would be in Sterns best interest to have Nitro. A company that is passionate toabout pinball and not the $! Tommy is awesome, and having played an Xmen at a Cineplex, they can't even clean and fix their own machines.

#1639 6 years ago

Hey there fellow members of the Great White North!

Exchange Rate. Yup. Crappy. Been keeping me away from NIB period.

I might be fighting that nasty dollar for my 1st NIB though. Star Wars is a Dream Theme.

I currently like it, but would prefer to love it!

Help a fellow Canuck out!

Go to my Thread and VOTE for the suggested Code Adjustments (click on link below):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hosers-9-dream-star-wars-code-adjustments-vote-now#post-3905780

*** The Survey allows you to vote for as many as you like! Post your reasons for liking some of them.

Thanks

#1640 6 years ago

We want to give a huge thanks to Big J's Arcade as they have signed up as title sponsor for the 2017 Big J's Arcade PinGolf Championship. Based on 36 participants there will be close to $2000 in prize money and trophies awarded in this major championship. In order to register for this exclusive event visit http://www.diehardpinball.ca/?product=pingolf-pin-golf-championship-entry-fee

Place: Lucky's Lounge
    Date: September 9, 2017
    Time: 11:00AM Practice, 12:00PM tee off
    Participants: 36 maximum
    Entry Fee: $40

Below you will find important information about the tournament including how to qualify, tournament format, prize breakdown and more! Any questions please contact the DHPL @ [email protected]

http://www.diehardpinball.ca/?event=2017-dhpl-pingolf-championship

This is one of the best attended, best formats and fun tournaments of the year, you will not want to miss this one, register early to ensure you are registered for this awesome IFPA sanctioned event.

#1641 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

We want to give a huge thanks to Big J's Arcade as they have signed up as title sponsor for the 2017 Big J's Arcade PinGolf Championship. Based on 36 participants there will be close to $2000 in prize money and trophies awarded in this major championship. In order to register for this exclusive event visit http://www.diehardpinball.ca/?product=pingolf-pin-golf-championship-entry-fee
    Place: Lucky's Lounge
    Date: September 9, 2017
    Time: 11:00AM Practice, 12:00PM tee off
    Participants: 36 maximum
    Entry Fee: $40
    Below you will find important information about the tournament including how to qualify, tournament format, prize breakdown and more! Any questions please contact the DHPL @ [email protected]
    http://www.diehardpinball.ca/?event=2017-dhpl-pingolf-championship
    This is one of the best attended, best formats and fun tournaments of the year, you will not want to miss this one, register early to ensure you are registered for this awesome IFPA sanctioned event.

I am in,see you there

#1642 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

We want to give a huge thanks to Big J's Arcade as they have signed up as title sponsor for the 2017 Big J's Arcade PinGolf Championship.

Sounds like fun. If it wasn't opening weekend for football, I'd head down. Have fun everyone!!

#1643 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

There are roughly 985 Canadian Pinsiders on the Pinside Map. Could we come to a consensus, and each of us mail or Email Garry Stern on their use of Playdium/Starburst as the only official Stern Pinball Distro for Canada. Nitro Pinball if it becomes a distributor will surely out sell Starburst. So write Mr. Stern let him know we want another option for Canada. You might get a nice letter back thanking you for your comments.

Anyone good with words and commas want to draft something. If Tommy says go, I'll sign it.

#1644 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Anyone good with words and commas want to draft something. If Tommy says go, I'll sign it.

Have one main letter written, distribute a signature sheet to each key person involved in pinball leagues across Canada and gather actual signatures from everyone, send them back to whoever is providing the craftily written letter, and send it as one big package to Gary Stern as snail mail. Include a few Nitro T-Shirts in the box as a Token of Appreciation.

#1645 6 years ago
    Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Have one main letter written, distribute a signature sheet to each key person involved in pinball leagues across Canada and gather actual signatures from everyone, send them back to whoever is providing the craftily written letter, and send it as one big package to Gary Stern as snail mail. Include a few Nitro T-Shirts in the box as a Token of Appreciation.

That's a good plan I would think. Count me and SAPP in.

#1646 6 years ago
    Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Send one to myself, LOPL will be interested as well.

#1647 6 years ago

Regarding a letter/petition to propose Nitro Pinball as a potential new distributor opportunity for Stern pinball... We should probably get some interested parties together for a google hangout or something in the next week or two and see how we can make this happen. We'll absolutely need to coordinate, and whatever we write to Stern needs to be intelligent and present a good business case for them to take attention. Presenting the case to folks so they can understand what exactly they are signing is also important, so we want to make sure our goal is clear and concise and no excess verbiage for them to sift through before we capture their signatures.

I don't mind helping get this started if someone hasn't already gotten a head start on it. I would be interested in hearing from anybody who helps organize pinball league nights in any location in Canada, or if you have a local pinball enthusiast group on Facebook, Pinball Players Anonymous support groups, or whatever! Fire me a PM, and let me know your email address, name, and where you are located, and whether you'd be interested in helping spread awareness for this effort within your local areas. once I've gotten some names We'll try to organize something where we can talk in real time and bounce ideas around.

Also, if any of you are PR or communications people and would like to help us carefully craft our message, I certainly would appreciate the help.

#1648 6 years ago
    Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Regarding a letter/petition to propose Nitro Pinball as a potential new distributor opportunity for Stern pinball... We should probably get some interested parties together for a google hangout or something in the next week or two and see how we can make this happen. We'll absolutely need to coordinate, and whatever we write to Stern needs to be intelligent and present a good business case for them to take attention. Presenting the case to folks so they can understand what exactly they are signing is also important, so we want to make sure our goal is clear and concise and no excess verbiage for them to sift through before we capture their signatures.
    I don't mind helping get this started if someone hasn't already gotten a head start on it. I would be interested in hearing from anybody who helps organize pinball league nights in any location in Canada, or if you have a local pinball enthusiast group on Facebook, Pinball Players Anonymous support groups, or whatever! Fire me a PM, and let me know your email address, name, and where you are located, and whether you'd be interested in helping spread awareness for this effort within your local areas. once I've gotten some names We'll try to organize something where we can talk in real time and bounce ideas around.
    Also, if any of you are PR or communications people and would like to help us carefully craft our message, I certainly would appreciate the help.

Fully agree, should be intelligent, from the fans, and thoughtful. PM'ed yea.

#1649 6 years ago

I support this movement also!

#1650 6 years ago

I sent in my own complaint as a Stern Dealer. No response back so far.

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.