(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 86 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 95.
    #1551 6 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

I'd like to thank everyone in the pinball community for their vocal support of Nitro via Pinside, emails & phone calls. I have some very good news I'll be posting soon! Thx, T

Did I miss the announcement? It's been about a month now...

#1552 6 years ago
    Quoted from Manhattan:

Did I miss the announcement? It's been about a month now...

Still working out details. Will post when official. Thanks for your support!

#1553 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

I have a real hard time justifying the $2 a play, yes these higher end machines are more expensive but you can also sell them and they generally hold their value as well. A routed version you may lose what a $1000 or $1500 but generally you get your investment back, you can still make a descent amount of money on a $1 play model (even with a 50/50 split in worse case arrangements), operators just need to understand how to setup a machine properly and increase the reply score in some cases to limit the amount of free games available.

Easy for you to say, you don't have a machines on location i'd like to see more on location pinball I just don't see that happening given the current economics...

#1554 6 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Still working out details. Will post when official. Thanks for your support!

I have no idea what this is but I'm excited!
    World Pinball domination?
    Nitro Pinball USA?
    Nitro Pinball manufacturing co?
    What could it be?

#1555 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

I have no idea what this is but I'm excited!
    World Pinball domination?
    Nitro Pinball USA?
    Nitro Pinball manufacturing co?
    What could it be?

Big Weinie racing,sponsored by Nitro Amusements

#1556 6 years ago

Please become Canada's second official distributor so you can cut Player One at the knees.

#1557 6 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Big Weinie racing,sponsored by Nitro Amusements

Also the title for the big juicy melons sequel

#1558 6 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Please become Canada's second official distributor so you can cut Player One at the knees.

We can only hope

#1559 6 years ago

my guess is that Nitro will be opening a much larger "parts" department

#1560 6 years ago

At/on the knees is the only way one can earn direct distribution from Gary

#1561 6 years ago
    Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

my guess is that Nitro will be opening a much larger "parts" department

Now that would be awesome !

#1562 6 years ago

Hope they become a large parts vendor! I love dealing with Tommy and Company ! Their the BEST !!!!!!!

#1563 6 years ago

The 1st ever tourney in Regina was a blast! great turnout, great beer, goood times! It's lots of work hauling 8 pins around but was definitely worth it! great job & cheers to the staff of Rebellion brewery for hosting an epic event! Congrats to the winner's and thanks to everyone who came out!
    -only took one pic during set up! haha

20170625_100805 (resized).jpg20170625_100805 (resized).jpg

#1564 6 years ago

Free games and 4$ drinks at beercade tonight

#1565 6 years ago

Doesn't get any cheaper than that! Wish I lived there

#1566 6 years ago

Darn It!

#1567 6 years ago

Is anyone in Ottawa willing to help me out and pick up and game and deliver it to a trucking depot so I can get it on a pallet and sent to Edmonton?

#1568 6 years ago

$7 Schooners at sports on tap in saskatoon. Just missed out on gc score Damn sensitive tilt.
    Also cracked 500 mil on my first game of gladiators. No high score though.

20170703_164337 (resized).jpg20170703_164337 (resized).jpg

#1569 6 years ago

Also any Saskatoon pinsiders want to meet up later at Zervos? Burger and a beer $10. The friendly neighborhood pub added a friendly neighborhood Spidey

20170703_113803 (resized).jpg20170703_113803 (resized).jpg

20170703_113821 (resized).jpg20170703_113821 (resized).jpg

#1570 6 years ago
    Quoted from wolv3:

Free games and 4$ drinks at beercade tonight

I like that they do that often on the Sunday of a long weekend. Lots of fun. I should definitely try to get there again soon, I've been addicted to the Avatar there. Plays pretty well but doesn't get a lot of love. Compared to X-MEN which is always down.

#1571 6 years ago

Big thanks to toasterman and his wife for a welcome distraction tonight from the past few days! I got 2 #1 scores at 2 different locations today! I think I hear medievil madness at pokeys's calling my name tomorrow.

#1572 6 years ago

Does anyone in the Regina area have a spare tilt bob?

#1573 6 years ago
    Quoted from shaub:

Does anyone in the Regina area have a spare tilt bob?

I might have one or two in Nipawin, I parted a SpiderMan - see above, lol. And a Pinbot recently

#1574 6 years ago

Serious question, how many of you are still buying NIB at these prices? How many have abandoned the idea of buying NIB? Reaching close to $9000 for a Pro is completely non-sense, especially this SW pro.

#1575 6 years ago

I stopped buying NIB a couple of years ago although I did put a deposit on The Big Lebowski. I felt that game would be worth it and I'm a fan of the theme. I still hope to get that game. When I bought Family Guy NIB it was $4,200 and that included shipping. In my opinion, today's Stern games are too expensive and stripped down for me to consider them at the big dollars they are asking.

Having said that, pinball is more popular now than it has been in the last 17 years.

QSS

#1576 6 years ago

The only NIB I would consider at this point is JJP, and it would have to be a damn good theme/game at that.

No way am I shelling out the kind of money Stern is asking for their games (even SW) considering build quality, code, customer support, etc.

#1577 6 years ago

Serious question, how many of you are still buying NIB at these prices? How many have abandoned the idea of buying NIB? Reaching close to $9000 for a Pro is completely non-sense, especially this SW pro.

I have a Dialed In LE coming,and a SWLE on hold.
    SW I am on the fence for,could go either way.
    I don't buy pros,always feel like something is missing in the game.
    At these prices I will be out as well from now on.
    Of course if it's a must have game for me,back in I go.

#1578 6 years ago

I've been out at the LE prices for awhile. And same as pingod I don't like buying the pros. My own personal comfort level is 7K USD, and Stern has gone past that with SW Premium. I did go above that when I splurged on the AFMR LE, but been wanting the machine for awhile and it had great extras so I went for it.

I *might* consider a SW Premium in the future if it ends up being a kick ass game, but prices are definitely too high for me now to spend NIB$ on an unknown.

If the CDN dollar improves I might change my tune, but right now these high prices combined with our low dollar just make it easy to sit on the sidelines and wait.

#1579 6 years ago

If our dollar came back to par im sure we would all be buying more pins! That would be great...

But really, SW was a bit underwhelming, if they would have put more effort into it, I probably would have grabbed one, but its a wait and see as for now. DI is pretty cool, but I want to pay it more - 13k is alot of money for one.

The only recent nib purchase was aliens, which is 6.5kusd, so a little more reasonable. But still expensive.

#1580 6 years ago

My DILE is shipping on Monday,come down and play some more

#1581 6 years ago

Speaking as an OP, Stern Pro's are pretty much the only option for NiB pins. No other company comes close.

#1582 6 years ago

I kick the tires all the time but have yet to pull the trigger on a NIB. I was really considering an AC/DC right at the end of the Pro LED run but found an original Pro used and jumped on that. I considered a Star Trek but by then the dollar started to drop and it was just too much. I had been planning on a Star Wars but the value is just not there for me. Also having an AC/DC the layout looks very similar and my collection is too small to have similar pins. I'm still excited to see how Star Wars plays and how polished the sound and video are but I will probable just dump loonies as I am sure there will be one in town pretty quickly.

#1583 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I kick the tires all the time but have yet to pull the trigger on a NIB.

Hey, your in here! You get your blue plastic yet?

#1584 6 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Hey, your in here! You get your blue plastic yet?

Yeah sorry got it last night everything exactly as expected thanks.

#1585 6 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

I'll come over and try it! I'll bring my kid's old Bob the Builder toys and we can mod that sucka' up!

#1586 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

I'll come over and try it! I'll bring my kid's old Bob the Builder toys and we can mod that sucka' up!

You can come over,leave the crap at home,lol
    Game really doesn't need anything added to it,maybe pinblades.

#1587 6 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Love to, if Im ever in town I'll bring the beer

#1588 6 years ago

I'm still in on buying NIB, but only if I feel the game is worth it. I've also got a DILE on it's way to me shortly, and Alien if that ever ships lol. Alien because of theme and sound design, DILE because of how it flips and how it's an original theme. I think Stern has been shitting the bed for a while in terms of my tastes, but it's not like they have been making bad pins. I wish these things were cheaper, I wish the dollar was better, but it's not.

#1589 6 years ago

Hey, is anyone in Edmonton free to give me a hand with my Big Buck? Thanks to Josh in Calgary I tracked down the problem.
    I need to connect the wire back to this pin. I'm going to order a molex kit, but wouldn't mind getting it up and running sooner than it will take to ship. I can offer a 6 pack of beer and a few games if anyone can assist.

20170708_212023 (resized).jpg20170708_212023 (resized).jpg

Added over 7 years ago: Resolved

#1590 6 years ago

If you don't have a crimper (or replacement pins) you could extract the existing pin from the plastic housing, solder the wire to the crimp end of that pin and then re-insert the pin into the connector housing. Only use a tiny bit of solder!

#1591 6 years ago

Just wanted to give a big thanks and shout out to @ twilight1 for helping a brother out the other night.
    Any time your around, you're more then welcome to try and put Rudy to sleep

#1592 6 years ago

If anyone is going to be in E town and needs a pin fix, pm me. I'm up at 3am for work but willing to give you a little time in the early evening. Don't work on Sunday/Monday though!

#1593 6 years ago

Now that I have the power in the garage to support it too

#1594 6 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

If anyone is going to be in E town and needs a pin fix, pm me. I'm up at 3am for work but willing to give you a little time in the early evening. Don't work on Sunday/Monday though!

I'd make the 7 hour drive just to play your CV again. Your collection is awesome!

#1595 6 years ago

The garage came out nice. Ambient lighting, flat black ceiling, tv wall mount above beer fridge. I've been compiling a video file from YouTube so there can be a music video playing random loop too. It's almost better than the 80s arcade now.

#1596 6 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

The garage came out nice. Ambient lighting, flat black ceiling, tv wall mount above beer fridge. I've been compiling a video file from YouTube so there can be a music video playing random loop too. It's almost better than the 80s arcade now.

Ummm Pics please

#1597 6 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

Ummm Pics please

Just what I was thinking!

#1598 6 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

Ummm Pics please

Check the best thread on pinside out for pics. Let's see pics of gamerooms.

@volkdrive, man sweet looking space! Amazing lineup! And great avatar

#1599 6 years ago

He's taking the game room thread

#1600 6 years ago

Careful if you have a Goldeneye Pinball out on location.....posted on the Winnipeg Pinball Forum yesterday

http://wpgpinball.canadian-forum.com/t1118-goldeneye-pinball-explicit

My arcade at Victoria Beach has just been "raided" by the RCMP. Apparently Goldeneye pinball has some obscene graphics on the DMD. The RCMP are going to seize the machine to make a final determination.
    If anyone has any idea what may be graphic on the display let me know.Its a 20 year old game and i cant imagine that nobody wouldn't have noticed it sooner I have seen nothing on the net with several searches.

Found what might be it 1:45 of the video

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/32?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.