(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 63 days ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 95.
    #1501 6 years ago

I would be amazed if Stern did not make them a direct distributor. They are the best and most involved pinball company in Canada. Waiting to hear the news Nitro!

#1502 6 years ago

Well here it goes! Queen City Pinballs first event.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#1503 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead306:

Well here it goes! Queen City Pinballs first event.

Way to go guys!!!!!!! Gonna be fun.... I'm gonna make an effort to attend.... i will start working on the wife right away....

#1504 6 years ago

Wish I could make it! Cafe is open on Sundays though, sigh.

Speaking of the cafe ...

Pokeys Planet S AD (resized).jpgPokeys Planet S AD (resized).jpg

#1505 6 years ago

No worries! And thanks a lot for the support guys! Also congrats the cafe is definately awesome! Great food, great atmosphere and great place to hang out. I would be there all the time if we had something like that here!

#1506 6 years ago

If any of you had an opportunity to check out YEGPIN 2017 event earlier this month in Edmonton, Alberta... our video of the event is now live. We do a quick walk through of the venue, and have a great interview with Nitro Pinball's Tommy Floyd! Enjoy!

#1507 6 years ago
    Quoted from JoshODBrown:

If any of you had an opportunity to check out YEGPIN 2017 event earlier this month in Edmonton, Alberta... our video of the event is now live. We do a quick walk through of the venue, and have a great interview with Nitro Pinball's Tommy Floyd! Enjoy!

Hey, I'm in the video! I trust my royalty cheque is in the mail.

#1508 6 years ago
    Quoted from shaub:

Hey, I'm in the video! I trust my royalty cheque is in the mail.

Since Canada no longer has pennies, and due to rounding, you will either get $0.00 or a nickel... depending on how well the video does.

#1509 6 years ago

Lmao

#1510 6 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Wish I could make it! Cafe is open on Sundays though, sigh.
    Speaking of the cafe ...

Good job!

Rob

1 week later
    #1511 6 years ago

Anyone in Edmonton care to speculate when we will get an Aerosmith on location? I got the bug in Calgary at the Trap and played it a bit at YEGPIN. I think it would do good on location, I'm surprised we haven't seen one yet.

#1512 6 years ago

I know that Bob from Denzien Hall stated he has one on order. Talked with Bill (Lucky's) and Gary (Beercade), they will not have one in the near future. I actually don't see too many of them around in Edmonton even for collectors, I have one but not sure how many collectors in Edmonton have one. It is an awesome game and would love to see them on location.

#1513 6 years ago

I've been sort of interested in Aerosmith, but also kind of want to get in on the AC/DC premium vault offering, Star Wars is distracting me too. And MMr and AFMr, man oh man, so many options right now.

#1514 6 years ago

Posted this in a seperate thread but got no replies ...so let's try here

OK Halifax pinheads ..... in August I will be making the hop across the pond for a month long trip thru your neck of the woods.

Hoping to have a night (or 2) in Halifax So where should I hit for my pinball fix ??

Any other recommendations for bars/restaurants appreciated too We like craft beers and live music

TIA .....I can't wait. First trip to East coast Canada !

#1515 6 years ago

Ohhh baby! Gonna be a good time! Under 10 tickets remain!!

20170609_110200 (resized).jpg20170609_110200 (resized).jpg

#1516 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Ohhh baby! Gonna be a good time! Under 10 tickets remain!!

I would have liked to try that one out,move closer,lol

#1517 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ive:

Posted this in a seperate thread but got no replies ...so let's try here
    OK Halifax pinheads ..... in August I will be making the hop across the pond for a month long trip thru your neck of the woods.
    Hoping to have a night (or 2) in Halifax So where should I hit for my pinball fix ??
    Any other recommendations for bars/restaurants appreciated too We like craft beers and live music
    TIA .....I can't wait. First trip to East coast Canada !

A night or two in Halifax, but a month here, where else are you going?

#1518 6 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

A night or two in Halifax, but a month here, where else are you going?

Starting in Quebec - ending up in St.Johns Newfoundland , camping/hiking roadtrip !- we love the great outdoors, seeing wildlife,

#1519 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ive:

Starting in Quebec - ending up in St.Johns Newfoundland , camping/hiking roadtrip !- we love the great outdoors, seeing wildlife,

It's a little further for you but nothing is better then the Canadian Rocky Mountains in Alberta and BC!!! Kananaskis and Jasper especially for hiking

#1520 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ive:

If you end up in Moncton, there's a record store called Spinit with a few pins. If you end up in Charlottetown, I've got a Getaway and Taxi on location at a good brewery called Upstreet.

There's a great Pinball location called North Star in Montreal. And a great barcade in Quebec City called MacFly.

In Newfoundland you're sol for Pinball, but you'll love Gros Morne.

#1521 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

It's a little further for you but nothing is better then the Canadian Rocky Mountains in Alberta and BC!!! Kananaskis and Jasper especially for hiking

Oh indeed.

3 years ago we had an epic trip from Calgary to Vancouver taking in Alberta badlands, Banff, Jasper, Yoho, Grays Wells (?), Vancouver Island. Just stunning. Prob one of our most memorable trips - and we have done a ton , in Europe and mostly in the western US.

#1522 6 years ago

One of these days I won't go to Saskatoon on a Monday

20170612_115114 (resized).jpg20170612_115114 (resized).jpg

#1523 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Eventually we may open Monday night's! We are open Tuesday night's now.

#1524 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

ZERVOS open 9am-2am 7 days a week!!!!!

Current lineup

Black jack
    AC/DC
    Aerosmith
    Transformers
    And coming soon Volley!!!!!

Also stay tuned for a lineup change soon

#1525 6 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

ZERVOS open 9am-2am 7 days a week!!!!!
    Current lineup
    Black jack
    AC/DC
    Aerosmith
    Transformers
    And coming soon Volley!!!!!
    Also stay tuned for a lineup change soon

You know I would never leave toontown without stopping in for a quick few games Snapped the pokeys pic driving back. Can't wait for the new arrival Toaster

#1526 6 years ago

LOL... well make sure to get your games in on space invaders cause it is leaving at the end of next week....

#1527 6 years ago

Dude made me some fantastic coin acceptor labels, check out the thread below.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-coin-reject-inserts#post-3823330

He even left them to download

#1528 6 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

If you end up in Moncton, there's a record store called Spinit with a few pins. If you end up in Charlottetown, I've got a Getaway and Taxi on location at a good brewery called Upstreet.
    There's a great Pinball location called North Star in Montreal. And a great barcade in Quebec City called MacFly.
    In Newfoundland you're sol for Pinball, but you'll love Gros Morne.

Hey now. There are literally tens of us in Newfoundland. Avalon mall actually has a Ghost busters. First new routed pin I've sen here........ ever.

#1529 6 years ago
    Quoted from Linkage:

Hey now. There are literally tens of us in Newfoundland. Avalon mall actually has a Ghost busters. First new routed pin I've sen here........ ever.

There was a world poker tour or something at Dooley's in St John's when I was there last year. Beat to crap though, and not worth playing.

Cool to know there's a working pin (I assume) in the wild there now!

#1530 6 years ago

Another place to play pins in Saskatoon (and possibly the best name) The Feisty Goat. Have a Gold Wings and Secret Service!

Wow! I think that makes 6 locations to play in a small city? Way to go guys!! Pinball is booming in northern Saskatchewan. Thanks to Jason, Kevin and the others for routing their games. Here's to good earnings for you all

#1531 6 years ago

Pints and pins tourney at rebellion brewery has officially sold out. Pretty excited. Hopefully we can get a league going after this.

#1532 6 years ago

Hey I got a question about cost of game on location. Without naming the operator or location, someone is actually trying to charge $2.00 per game. Is it just me or is this fuk'n crazy? Sorry, I can't see myself paying $2 to play a game of pinball on location EVER! I like to support pinball on location when i come across it but feel that is being totally greedy. Thoughts?

#1533 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Hey I got a question about cost of game on location. Without naming the operator or location, someone is actually trying to charge $2.00 per game. Is it just me or is this fuk'n crazy? Sorry, I can't see myself paying $2 to play a game of pinball on location EVER! I like to support pinball on location when i come across it but feel that is being totally greedy. Thoughts?

Rising cost of machines, audience, maintenance, and risk ...there is a reason I am not an opp. As it stands, with a league, a new in box pro takes years to break even. Shocked it's not $5 a play yet. Thank your local $1 opporators and buy them beer every chance you get. Where are we starting to see $2 games?

#1534 6 years ago

What game? I've heard of some places charging more on games like Wizard Of Oz. Ball times should be longer on that and Jersey Jack games are loaded with features plus the cost reflects that. I wouldn't be offended, I just probably wouldn't be lining up to play.

#1535 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I spent over 12,000.00 on a GOTLE,probably should have had that on 2 bucks a play.
    It was 1.00 per play or 3 for 2.00 at the Trap and Gill here.
    Never ever going to see my game paid for at that rate.
    Happy to bring new games to the people,but it does cost a lot.
    They do take a bit of a beating to,had a couple of broken plastics on mine so far,cleaned it every week.
    It is home now though missed it here.

Next game I was going to put in was Alien,but the code is to unreliable in it right now.
    Game freezes during play,drains the ball gives bonus and on to the next ball.
    Might be Dialed In LE then,again pricey game for location play.

#1536 6 years ago
    Quoted from noahd42:

What game? I've heard of some places charging more on games like Wizard Of Oz. Ball times should be longer on that and Jersey Jack games are loaded with features plus the cost reflects that. I wouldn't be offended, I just probably wouldn't be lining up to play.

Areosmith pro. The ghostbusters beside it was a $1.00. Not sure if the kickout (library) on the left side of GB can be adjusted but EVERY time it would kick it sdtm. Basically made it unplayable or unenjoyable at best. I sat and finished my pint at the bar instead

#1537 6 years ago

Was just at The Triple Knock in Tacoma, WA. All games 0.50 USD - all in super condition and dialed in. Nice to play AS LE for that.

image.jpegimage.jpeg
    image.jpegimage.jpeg
    image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1538 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Areosmith pro. The ghostbusters beside it was a $1.00. Not sure if the kickout (library) on the left side of GB can be adjusted but EVERY time it would kick it sdtm. Basically made it unplayable or unenjoyable at best. I sat and finished my pint at the bar instead

Yeah the GB lockout can be easily adjusted

#1539 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinchamp:

Yeah the GB lockout can be easily adjusted

I assumed it could be adjusted. I think he has it set that way on purpose. If it is the same operator as before the games were always leaning left for cheap drains and super sensitive tilt. What is really frustrating is it's the only location pinball within a 1 hr drive of me. Better to drive the extra 40 minutes and go to Saskatoon to support real pinball enthusiasts, not a greedy operator.

#1540 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I assumed it could be adjusted. I think he has it set that way on purpose. If it is the same operator as before the games were always leaning left for cheap drains and super sensitive tilt. What is really frustrating is it's the only location pinball within a 1 hr drive of me. Better to drive the extra 40 minutes and go to Saskatoon to support real pinball enthusiasts, not a greedy operator.

I'd be totally down for a road trip! Kerimonster is in!

#1541 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Darn, that is rough. I definitely wouldn't be down with that either.

#1542 6 years ago

Local operator is planning on getting a dialed in. I told him he should have it at $2 a play, at least for the first month.

#1543 6 years ago

I have a real hard time justifying the $2 a play, yes these higher end machines are more expensive but you can also sell them and they generally hold their value as well. A routed version you may lose what a $1000 or $1500 but generally you get your investment back, you can still make a descent amount of money on a $1 play model (even with a 50/50 split in worse case arrangements), operators just need to understand how to setup a machine properly and increase the reply score in some cases to limit the amount of free games available.

#1544 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

I'd be totally down for a road trip! kerimonster is in!

We should do a pinball bar hop, roughriders style

#1545 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

We should do a pinball bar hop, roughriders style

J & J's Canadian Pinball Adventure hitting Kickstarter 2018, in theaters 2020.

#1546 6 years ago

Open invitation to anyone coming to Halifax area & looking to play pinball. Most of us like to drink, & play pinball. Check out or local tournament play, hfxpinball. I know most of the local pinball. My friends games going out this week.

IMG_0868 (resized).JPGIMG_0868 (resized).JPG

IMG_0870 (resized).JPGIMG_0870 (resized).JPG

IMG_0869 (resized).JPGIMG_0869 (resized).JPG

#1547 6 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Local operator is planning on getting a dialed in. I told him he should have it at $2 a play, at least for the first month.

I think that's too high, I'll dump looneys at $1 per play 3 for $2. At $2 a pop I'll try it then play something else. I guess if all the machines are yours and you have a lineup it doesn't matter.

#1548 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

J & J's Canadian Pinball Adventure hitting Kickstarter 2018, in theaters 2020.

Count me in! What about a food and beer aspect and sell it to the travel channel as a reality show? Pins and beers across the great white north? 2 hosers playing pinball? Start in the east and work our way back west? Haha. Would be fun!

#1549 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Count me in! What about a food and beer aspect and sell it to the travel channel as a reality show? Pins and beers across the great white north? 2 hosers playing pinball? Start in the east and work our way back west? Haha. Would be fun!

Best pub grub, beers, and pinball in Canada

#1550 6 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

Was just at The Triple Knock in Tacoma, WA. All games 0.50 USD - all in super condition and dialed in. Nice to play AS LE for that.

Yup, these guys are doing it right!

IMG_3699 (resized).JPGIMG_3699 (resized).JPG

IMG_3702 (resized).JPGIMG_3702 (resized).JPG

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/31?hl=chancekj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.