(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 95.
    #1351 7 years ago

If it does happen let's hope you don't hate it as much as aerosmith

#1352 7 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

I should be getting mine for Yegpin,at Yegpin from Nitro.
    It will be set up for people to play there.
    Rob Zombie as well.

Not sure if I am going to make Yegpin, but if I do, I'll be sure to play Alien a lot, maybe spill a beer or two on it

#1353 7 years ago

Random question: Would you rather have 2 older pins or 1 new pin?! Say the two older pins were..i dunno, Johnny Mnemonic & Dracula ..and the new pin was Aerosmith pro?! Hmmmm

#1354 7 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

If it does happen let's hope you don't hate it as much as aerosmith

I don't hate it, more disappointed. Aliens looks badass from videos I've seen. Has yours been delivered yet?

#1355 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Random question: Would you rather have 2 older pins or 1 new pin?! Say the two older pins were..i dunno, Johnny Mnemonic & Dracula ..and the new pin was Aerosmith pro?! Hmmmm

I'd take BSD over Aerosmith all day everyday...1 for 1

#1356 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'd take BSD and sell JM to buy a sys11 or a couple early 80's classics.

#1357 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Has to be a pretty special new game to replace 2 others in my collection. Nothing special about newer games, really. I'm only spending x hours a week playing pinball at home, I have enough games that can entertain me for those hours, I don't need one game to do it. I often find as much enjoyment from simpler older games these days as more elaborate newer ones. I guess I've evolved as a player, or maybe I'm just getting old...

#1358 7 years ago

The new ones are nice.... but always available.... older ones ; you gotta grab them when they cross your path

#1359 7 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I don't hate it, more disappointed. Aliens looks badass from videos I've seen. Has yours been delivered yet?

Not yet...... I've been told "two weeks"

#1360 7 years ago

Fastest pickup yet. Guy shows up at my door. Walks over to the game. Puts everything inside. Pays me. Grabs the socket. Takes the head off. We carry cab to his truck with legs on. He grabs it, throws it on it's side with the legs on, closes the gate, shakes my hand and he gone!

10 minutes tops! Why can't all pickups be that easy

#1361 7 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Fastest pickup yet. Guy shows up at my door. Walks over to the game. Puts everything inside. Pays me. Grabs the socket. Takes the head off. We carry cab to his truck with legs on. He grabs it, throws it on it's side with the legs on, closes the gate, shakes my hand and he gone!
    10 minutes tops! Why can't all pickups be that easy

On it's side?!?

#1362 7 years ago

I asked if he wanted to take the legs off but nope. Just grabs it, leans it over and picked it up. Pretty impressive! Should have taken a pic but he peeled out quick. Little ford ranger with a game sitting on its side heading back to Edmonton

#1363 7 years ago

Musta had somewhere to be.... or had to get home and hid it before the wife came home

#1364 7 years ago

The new ones are nice.... but always available.... older ones ; you gotta grab them when they cross your path

Yup..i love JM and Dracula is still kicking my ass.. It'd have to be a sweet new game..but I think I made the right choice!

#1365 7 years ago

.... or had to get home and hid it before the wife came home

Hate to admit it, but I've done that a few times

#1366 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I guess it depends on the prices because now a days, good luck getting 2 for $7000-7500 unless they are lessor titles for sure.

#1367 7 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

I've really never understood this. I've seen routed games that are mint, and HUO games that have been played to death and have some really bad 'repairs' done to them.
    Condition is king. If an OP takes care of their games, why would they be worth less?

Because some collectors are quite OCD with their games being HUO.

Rob

#1368 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

Because some collectors are quite OCD with their games being HUO.
    Rob

Yup, and considering 99% of games prior to 1998 were routed, it's amazing they have any of those games in their collections. Dirty peons had their hands on them for years!

#1369 7 years ago

I agree, condition is king, and some operators take great care of their machines. In general (in my experience), HUO will be in better condition than routed just due to fewer plays. There are exceptions of course.

From a community/group think perspective it doesn't help that some operators (like SML here in Calgary) takes their routed, beat to crap machines that they never maintained, wipe a rag down the middle of it and Windex the glass and then try to sell them at top market prices to unsuspecting buyers. Makes people wary of anything that has been routed.

#1370 7 years ago

Picked up my first pin today, went to Calgary and met Josh and got his BBH! Great pin, all settled in nicely in my living room. Great guy to deal with.

#1371 7 years ago

Anyone a fan of taxidermy? I picked this up at a antique and collectors auction yesterday.
    My wife hates it. If interested in adding it to your collection, shoot me a message. It's about 5ft x 2ft
    Could deliver to Yegpin.

122340026_scaled_552x288 (resized).jpg122340026_scaled_552x288 (resized).jpg

#1372 7 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Anyone a fan of taxidermy? I picked this up at a antique and collectors auction yesterday.
    My wife hates it. If interested in adding it to your collection, shoot me a message. It's about 5ft x 2ft
    Could deliver to Yegpin.

That would be great topper for BBBB! Ad a few LEDs in the eyes of the fox and rabbit and maybe a motorized tale that wags back and forth? Let me know when its ready.

#1373 7 years ago
    Quoted from NinJaBooT:

That would be great topper for BBBB! Ad a few LEDs in the eyes of the fox and rabbit and maybe a motorized tale that wags back and forth? Let me know when its ready.

That would be sweet! It was originally in the Mancaves store in Lloydminster with a $1500 price tag on it. (no wonder they went out of business)
    I'm looking to get $150 for it.

Hey noah42, you just got a bbh? Would definitely be the most creative topper out there.

#1374 7 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

That would be sweet! It was originally in the Mancaves store in Lloydminster with a $1500 price tag on it. (no wonder they went out of business)
    I'm looking to get $150 for it.
    Hey noah42, you just got a bbh? Would definitely be the most creative topper out there.

Haha I don't think taxidermy would fly with the girlfriend unfortunately!

#1375 7 years ago

Lol..... oh man that's awesome

#1376 7 years ago

Coyote

#1377 7 years ago

Topper ? It's as big as the whole machine ! Haha

#1378 7 years ago

Congrats sweet game!!! Gets a bad rap because a lot of them don't work right but that game can be tough as nails and a ton of fun to play.

Quoted from noahd42:

Picked up my first pin today, went to Calgary and met Josh and got his BBH! Great pin, all settled in nicely in my living room. Great guy to deal with.

#1379 7 years ago

Did anyone pick up that whirlwind in Calgary?

#1380 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead306:

Did anyone pick up that whirlwind in Calgary?

That whirlwind was from an estate sale like a week or so ago, I think whoever ended up buying it paid too much for it, then quickly realized it needed a lot of work and they were in over their heads and tried for the quick flip.

#1381 7 years ago
    Quoted from noahd42:

Haha I don't think taxidermy would fly with the girlfriend unfortunately!

When I first got the game, I was seeking out one of those orange guns from the Big Buck Hunter arcade game to make into a topper. Also, my father-in-law is a hunter and has a nice buck on his basement wall, we joked about mounting that above the Buck Hunter!

#1382 7 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Congrats sweet game!!! Gets a bad rap because a lot of them don't work right but that game can be tough as nails and a ton of fun to play.

Thanks! I had played it before and I've got a good handle on how to tune the buck so he is responsive. Not an easy game to rack up a high score on!

Quoted from JoshODBrown:

When I first got the game, I was seeking out one of those orange guns from the Big Buck Hunter arcade game to make into a topper. Also, my father-in-law is a hunter and has a nice buck on his basement wall, we joked about mounting that above the Buck Hunter!

Haha, yeah I think I've heard of that or seen somewhere on the internet where the guns used as toppers.

#1383 7 years ago

Big Buck Hunter for sale in Edmonton. Did you flip it already, noahd42? lol

#1384 7 years ago
    Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Big Buck Hunter for sale in Edmonton. Did you flip it already, noahd42? lol

Haha. No, I saw that today too and figured it would come up! I'm still looking to add pins, not subtract. This one will be sticking around for a while. I'd like to add a High Speed, T2 or T3 as well.

#1385 7 years ago

I was thinking the same thing. Took Noah a few months to get a pin and he's already selling it??

#1386 7 years ago

Talk to Puck at YEGPIN if you want a T3 doubt it is coming home after the show lol

Quoted from noahd42:

Haha. No, I saw that today too and figured it would come up! I'm still looking to add pins, not subtract. This one will be sticking around for a while. I'd like to add a High Speed, T2 or T3 as well.

#1387 7 years ago

Wow, that's a lot of orange jerseys in Edmonton at Rogers Place! Nice they're cranking Metallica too!
    Go Oilers!

#1388 7 years ago

I'm in downtown Vancouver for the weekend where are some good places to play? I remember playing some games at the movieland arcade when I was down for flip out so I might go play some POTC.

#1389 7 years ago
    Quoted from wolv3:

I'm in downtown Vancouver for the weekend where are some good places to play? I remember playing some games at the movieland arcade when I was down for flip out so I might go play some POTC.

http://pub340.ca/pinball-arcade-gastown/
    AC/DC (Pro) (Stern, 2012)
    The Addams Family (Bally, 1992)
    RollerCoaster Tycoon (Stern, 2002)
    Game of Thrones (Pro) (Stern, 2015)
    Iron Man (Stern, 2010)
    Jack-Bot (Williams, 1995)
    Star Trek (Pro) (Stern, 2013)
    Twilight Zone (Bally, 1993)
    WHO Dunnit (Bally, 1995)
    Whirlwind (Williams, 1990)
    The Wizard of Oz (Jersey Jack, 2013)

Also
    http://donnellygroup.ca/the-lamplighter/

#1390 7 years ago

12 kings and the American as well

#1391 7 years ago

Awesome thanks! Pub 340 is only a 15 min walk so I'll hit it up and practice my adams for the tourney.

#1392 7 years ago

Hit up pub 340 this morning, awesome line up! I was so happy to finally get to play lotr.

20170415_112141 (resized).jpg20170415_112141 (resized).jpg

20170415_112135 (resized).jpg20170415_112135 (resized).jpg

#1393 7 years ago

What is that between met and gb? Also wow!!! An afm and sm both there too! Looks like an insane line up.

#1395 7 years ago

Oh Ive never seen that translight before.

#1396 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead306:

Oh Ive never seen that translight before.

It's the Alt Translite.
    Don't worry, your not missing anything.

#1397 7 years ago
    Quoted from NinJaBooT:

It's the Alt Translite.

http://imgur.com/wYPUv0B

#1398 7 years ago

I like it. Definitely prefer hand drawn art

#1399 7 years ago
    Quoted from noahd42:

I like it. Definitely prefer hand drawn art

So many options. I should read the books or watch the shows, but from what I am told so much good content to draw from interesting to see the direction they took.

Messages Image(3752707132) (resized).pngMessages Image(3752707132) (resized).png

#1400 7 years ago
    Quoted from NinJaBooT:

It's the Alt Translite.

As a premium owner with that translite, it's not perfect, but it is 6000% better than the garbage Stern pumped out from the factory.

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.