(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,715 posts
  • 198 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Dee-Bow
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 285 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7B75DF8B-0969-4BD2-BBA3-F5B27282D9B4 (resized).jpeg
    BD97DB96-5E9D-4FF1-BDC5-6CCE7582D902 (resized).jpeg
    35E9AD00-8E5C-4EFD-ACAC-2F956A292297 (resized).jpeg
    6AEAD851-A0D9-4077-817B-0C5C5C5F92BF (resized).jpeg
    4827E048-26D9-4EB4-8671-377A37A0A31F (resized).jpeg
    8CC0B237-D244-48E0-B789-65656375E8F9 (resized).jpeg
    00C72BEF-E4DE-4B04-9E95-39AB6C36C3F7 (resized).jpeg
    Die Hard Pinball League_FB (resized).png
    Metallica for Bill (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 7.34.04 AM (resized).png
    Image-17 (resized).png
    Image-16 (resized).png
    Image-19 (resized).png
    20190805_184015.jpg
    EEB3B0FE-6881-49E1-9FA5-7079B2B799F3 (resized).jpeg
    $_59.JPG.jpg

There are 2715 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 55.
    #1251 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Is there a color dmd for flintstones? That would look amazing in color. Amazing amount of work Curtis put into it. Would love to try it when I'm by you? I bring beer

Ya, there is a color dmd for it; looks great. LOL at a lineup to play the pin; libations are great .

'
    '

Cheers on Pokey's.

#1252 2 years ago

B&E Electronics in Calgary. If they don't have 3", put 2 together. They have a large section.

Quoted from Boat:

Anyone in Calgary have a few hex spacers they can send my way? I don't really know what sizes I need. Probably 1 3 inch or longer
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4252-56
    and a couple of 2 inch ones (GOT/Stern flasher spacers above slingshots). I would be happy to pick up and trade for a 6 pack
    PM Me!

#1253 2 years ago

What would someone pay for that Shadow on pinball revolution. $5400 seems very steep for the condition of the cabinet and the fact there is an overlay on the sanctum area? Partial leds. I thought nice condition Shadows went for about $4300-$4500 CAD or am I out to lunch? As well wondering how much a cactus canyon project goes for these days?

#1254 2 years ago

Shadow ~3400 usd + conversion and tax

#1255 2 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Shadow ~3400 usd + conversion and tax

I see what you did there LOL.

#1256 2 years ago

I drove 1400km yesterday and almost a 1000km's on Sunday just to join a few clubs! (BSD & JM) I think I'm done joining clubs for a while! But yegpin is only a month and a half away...yes, I have a pinball sickness! Hahaha

#1257 2 years ago

20170323_191512 (resized).jpg

#1258 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I drove 1400km yesterday and almost a 1000km's on Sunday just to join a few clubs! (BSD & JM) I think I'm done joining clubs for a while! But yegpin is only a month and a half away...yes, I have a pinball sickness! Hahaha

Enjoy that BSD

#1259 2 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

am I out to lunch?

Nope!

#1260 2 years ago

Very cool. Looking great!

#1261 2 years ago

Bsd looks so small

#1262 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I have a pinball sickness! Hahaha

Who woulda thought being sick could be fun

#1263 2 years ago

Hey does anyone know where the best place to buy a neo geo mvs 161-1 cart from?

#1264 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead306:

Hey does anyone know where the best place to buy a neo geo mvs 161-1 cart from?

AliExpress.

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32706426740.html#autostay

#1265 2 years ago

Cool thanks very much! Definately cheaper then eBay. Hopefully it arrives before yegpin so I can bring it along.

#1266 2 years ago

AliExpress stuff come in 15-95 days, lol. If there is a shipping charge, normally I see items come in decent time, if free shipping, its usually over 80 days

#1267 2 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

AliExpress stuff come in 15-95 days, lol. If there is a shipping charge, normally I see items come in decent time, if free shipping, its usually over 80 days

The longest it's even taken for something I have ordered is 30 days. But any jamma or arcade stuff has usually shown up within 2 weeks. If you pay for DHL shipping 3 days later you will have it.

#1268 2 years ago

I'm stoked to add this to my line up in the mancave.

#1269 2 years ago

161 games for the Neo Geo, but you will only need one...Bust-A-Move!

pbobblen (resized).png

#1270 2 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

161 games for the Neo Geo, but you will only need one...Bust-A-Move!

I had a 161 in 1 for a neo geo once, there is only a few decent games in the list like above bust a move and ???. Unless you like the king of fighting series. If it's a neo geo cab then worth it, if it's not one of the xxxin1 or blue elf jamma boards are better, plus they usually have all the neo geo's anyway. Just my opinion

#1271 2 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

I had a 161 in 1 for a neo geo once, there is only a few decent games in the list like above bust a move and ???. Unless you like the king of fighting series. If it's a neo geo cab then worth it, if it's not one of the xxxin1 or blue elf jamma boards are better, plus they usually have all the neo geo's anyway. Just my opinion

Yeah the blue elf 419-1 is really good and it has most of the neo geo games. + It has windammers. The 161-1 cart doesn't.

#1272 2 years ago

419-1 is that for a jamma board? Do you know if konami crime fighters arcade would be compatable with that? Sorry don't know much about arcades and what is what.

#1273 2 years ago

There are also Pandora's box which i hear good things about. All these hook to a standard jamma harness, now i can't remember if a Neo Geo Harness is the same as Jamma Harness. Need to watch where your power connections etc

This guy is in Edmonton and sells both types

http://retroactivearcade.ca/pandoras-box-3-hd/
    http://retroactivearcade.ca/game-elf-619-in-1/

#1274 2 years ago

Only heard good reviews about pandora's box 4. Think the raspberry pii 3 has more to offer in same price range. I've only heard bad things about the blue elf. Choppy, and poor interface, but haven't tried personally. Just going from what my arcade guy passed along.

#1275 2 years ago

Any food recommendations at Lucky's Lounge? Stopping by tomorrow for lunch and some pins

#1276 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead306:

419-1 is that for a jamma board? Do you know if konami crime fighters arcade would be compatable with that? Sorry don't know much about arcades and what is what.

You could put it in but you would have to either replace or rewire your jamma harness

For the 419-1 and the blue elf board you need to use an extended jamma harness.
    Standard jamma is not the same as extended.
    The button grounds are a bit different. And it eliminates the need for a kick harness. Used to support 6 button games like streetfighter.

Screenshot_20170328-151244 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20170328-151415 (resized).png

#1277 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Any food recommendations at Lucky's Lounge? Stopping by tomorrow for lunch and some pins

Subway

#1278 2 years ago

Ha, the food is not one of the bright spots, people get the clubhouse a lot but overall the food is a 6 out of 10... The pins are a solid 9 out of 10 thou for location pinball. The shooter rod on GB being the only exception.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

#1279 2 years ago
    Quoted from bcrage88:

Ha, the food is not one of the bright spots, people get the clubhouse a lot but overall the food is a 6 out of 10... The pins are a solid 9 out of 10 thou for location pinball. The shooter rod on GB being the only exception.

Thanks for the heads up! Pins only I guess.

Simply Donairs on the trail it is!

#1280 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Shoot me a text when your headed there

#1281 2 years ago

Cool thanks for the help.

#1282 2 years ago
    Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Shoot me a text when your headed there

Pm sent!

I'm pretty sure to win this bet that I'm the only pinsider who doesn't own a cell phone

#1283 2 years ago

Lol.... what no cell phone!!!!

#1284 2 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

Lol.... what no cell phone!!!!

Still have a land line and no call display

#1285 2 years ago

OK, I see two people in Edmonton have funded the PONG kickstarter, who was it, who? I want one!!!
    7 backers in Canada total.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461917284/play-atari-pong-in-your-coffee-table/community

#1286 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Pm sent!
    I'm pretty sure to win this bet that I'm the only pinsider who doesn't own a cell phone

You're not.

I have a cell, but I can name a handful of others local here in Toronto that do not.

#1287 2 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

You're not.
    I have a cell, but I can name a handful of others local here in Toronto that do not.

I don't ! What do I win ?

#1288 2 years ago

Wife has an iPhone but I don't have anything. It might come in handy sometimes but I can't stomach that monthly cost.

#1289 2 years ago

I helped a family member with a cell phone plan a few years back for < $14 per month taxes and everything in. It recently went up to $18. I wish their land line was that cheap.

#1290 2 years ago

Wow almost hard for me to remember when I did t have a cell phone and going on 8 years now without landline or fax
    If worried about a bill just ditch the landline and get a cell.
    Do they still charge for long distance on land lines within Canada?

#1291 2 years ago

To this day, I still check to hear if anyone else is on the line before I dial a number, going back to the days when we were on a party line.

#1292 2 years ago

Thread is going non-pin related but hey ... I have my kids on a pay-as-you go.. 7-11 just pay 10-15cents per call 0 monthly charges. Great for emergencies etc and you can text etc for similar charges. Use any unlocked phone - pick up a cheapie off of the net or 7-11. Rogers has a similar pay as you go with no plan. They call'em burner phones

#1293 2 years ago

I'll bring it back. Stopped by Lucky's Lounge in Edmonton. Excellent lineup of well maintained games. Only bop was down. Wish I had more time to play the games. Really enjoyed gb premium. You pinheads who live in and by major cities with excellent pins on location are very lucky.

Maybe I should buy the collection in spruce grove and open a location in Lloyd?

#1294 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

The prices for those are pretty high IMHO.

Then again, the whole market is pretty f'd up right now.

#1295 2 years ago

That is exactly what Bill did in Lucky's we didn't have a great location to play league so he made a deal with the bar and created it out of thin air, we are really "Lucky" to have him in the pinball community.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'll bring it back. Stopped by Lucky's Lounge in Edmonton. Excellent lineup of well maintained games. Only bop was down. Wish I had more time to play the games. Really enjoyed gb premium. You pinheads who live in and by major cities with excellent pins on location are very lucky.

#1296 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Where's this collection ad?

#1297 2 years ago
    Quoted from wolv3:

Where's this collection ad?

Kijiji ... MMr (priced higher than NiB), ToM, TotAN, NGG, T3 ... yours for only $40K! Buy now!

#1298 2 years ago

Its actually not that bad of the deal with the entire package you get all depending on the shape of the machines of course. If you were starting up a location that would be an excellent start of machines. Pretty sure a guy could knock off 5K and call it a day if he/she we would to take everything.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/edmonton/selling-my-collection-of-pinball-and-redemption-machines/1250575986?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

#1299 2 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

MMr (priced higher than NiB), ToM, TotAN, NGG, T3 ... yours for only $40K! Buy now!

Then I can sell my routed games for $400 less then nib prices?

#1300 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Then I can sell my routed games for $400 less then nib prices?

You betcha! In your opinion, how much lower should a 6 month old game sell for? 1000? 2000?

Unlike most, pinball is actually how I make my living.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    Flipper Parts
    TheDudeMods
    $ 2.50
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 132.00
    $ 199.99
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Other
    Slap Save Creations
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 11,500.00
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 70.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 9,000.00
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    There are 2715 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 55.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside