The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

1 year ago

Stats

• 1,662 posts
  • 152 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Lord_of_the_pins
  • Topic is favorited by 91 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 133 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Rock & Roll Pinball (Sep 3, 2017) (resized).jpg
    Silverball Rodeo (Sep 2-3, 2017) (resized).jpg
    IMG_1810[1] (resized).JPG
    20170723_185618 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3077 (resized).JPG
    20170708_212023 (resized).jpg
    20170703_113821 (resized).jpg
    20170703_113803 (resized).jpg
    20170703_164337 (resized).jpg
    20170625_100805 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3702 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3699 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0869 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0870 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0868 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg

There are 1662 posts in topic. You are on page 23 of 34.
    #1101 7 months ago

Ya it was a little dirty when I played it last but flipper rubbers were ok
    I was just happy I was able to do 2 of my favourite things
    Drink beer and play pinball

#1102 7 months ago
    Quoted from Stretch7:

I was just happy I was able to do 2 of my favourite things
    Drink beer and play pinball

Amen brother!

#1103 7 months ago

-45 last week.. +2 today! Broke all the packed snow up on the drivewaythis morning & then got home to shovel the rest...but the jehovah's beat me to it! And left some recycling in the mailbox! Driveway is clean! Haha..amen! Im playing my pin and drinking this pint in their honor

#1104 7 months ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

-45 last week.. +2 today! Broke all the packed snow up on the drivewaythis morning & then got home to shovel the rest...but the jehovah's beat me to it! And left some recycling in the mailbox! Driveway is clean! Haha..amen! Im playing my pin and drinking this pint in their honor

Wait, what? Jehovah's witnesses? Shovelled your snow for you?!?

#1105 7 months ago

Yup.. and they left a real nice picture of Leonardo Dicaprio in the mailbox, Well, it was some handsome fella with a beard anywiss ..oh wait, they're mormons! Haha

1484856502375-1821860946 (resized).jpg

#1106 7 months ago

Hi guys! Anyone purchased a NIB MMR recently? What's the best price you can get them for before taxes?

Thanks!

#1107 7 months ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Yup.. and they left a real nice picture of Leonardo Dicaprio in the mailbox, Well, it was some handsome fella with a beard anywiss ..oh wait, they're mormons! Haha

Always nice when a stranger knocks on your door and leaves a pic of his imaginary friend. Think he's been missing for a couple thousand years... hope he finds him.

1 week later
    #1108 6 months ago

Anyone know a Mike Noseworthy from the edmonton area? About to do a deal with the guy but just want reassurance.

#1109 6 months ago
    Quoted from wspy:

Hi guys! Anyone purchased a NIB MMR recently? What's the best price you can get them for before taxes?
    Thanks!

Nitro was quoting 11,299 cdn on their website. Dunno if that price is up to date; probably not. I'm actually about to order one, possibly. Tommys supposed to be calling CGC tomorrow to see if they have one ready to go and if they do I'll have to cough up full payment tomorrow. If that happens I'll let you know what I get charged.

#1110 6 months ago

I doubt anyone's selling for less than 8k usd nib.

#1111 6 months ago
    Quoted from Bronty:

Nitro was quoting 11,299 cdn on their website. Dunno if that price is up to date; probably not. I'm actually about to order one, possibly. Tommys supposed to be calling CGC tomorrow to see if they have one ready to go and if they do I'll have to cough up full payment tomorrow. If that happens I'll let you know what I get charged.

Price is up to date $11,295 + tax.

#1112 6 months ago

I've heard Sameday and Day N Ross do not ship pinball machines anymore. Anyone know which freight company insures and ships pins by any chance? or is uship now the default way to go?

#1113 6 months ago

Day and Ross still does I'd say, that's who brought in my RZ...

#1114 6 months ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I've heard Sameday and Day N Ross do not ship pinball machines anymore. Anyone know which freight company insures and ships pins by any chance? or is uship now the default way to go?

A friend of mine just used Sameday(2 weeks ago) to ship a pin and had no problem

#1115 6 months ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Price is up to date $11,295 + tax.

Thanks Nitro for clarifying

#1116 6 months ago
    Quoted from Bronty:

Thanks Nitro for clarifying

Thanks guys!

#1117 6 months ago

Use Fastfrate.ca

#1118 6 months ago

Holy sheep shit batman! There's a $20k pin on the market.. Big Bang Bar ..anyone ever seen one?!

#1119 6 months ago

Yes I've played one several times at cax. It's an average game. More desirable due to rarity than actual gameplay.

#1120 6 months ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Holy sheep shit batman! There's a $20k pin on the market.. Big Bang Bar ..anyone ever seen one?!

Once in a while you'll see someone offer $100k for a title, I think it's King Kong, if anyone wants to let theirs go.

#1121 6 months ago
    #1122 6 months ago
    Quoted from Bronty:

ebay.com link

#1123 6 months ago
    Quoted from Bronty:

ebay.com link

But its a Data East . . .

#1124 6 months ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Have a few here in Toronto.

In fact two different hosts for TOPL (Toronto Pinball league) have them in current lineup

1 week later
    #1125 6 months ago

Had a chance to stop at Pokey's Pinball Cafe in Saskatoon today. Great job by @smokedog putting together such an awesome place! Highly recommended! You Saskatoon pinheads are lucky to have such a cool spot.

#1126 6 months ago

I purchased a TFLE last October 28th from someone in Toronto. The person had stated it was HUO and posted a few pictures. I had asked if there was anything wrong with the game and the seller assure me that it didn't. When I got there a few dings that were not mentioned by the seller where found but nothing too serious (very minor) but the game pretty dirty and Optimus would not register properly but nothing that can't be fixed. I couldn't really argue with the guy since he "apparently was at work doing overtime" so I couldn't really argue with the wife. I also realized that the game only had code 1.2 but I didn't make much of it. I took off the back box to fit it in the car and drove back 5 hours home. The next day, I replug everything and fired up the machine and attempted to update the code. USB would not get detected. Took me a week just to find a few different USB sticks to give it a go and still nothing would work. At the time I should have called him on it but just wanted the game to work so called Chaz up at Stern. He preceded to tell me to try and change the ROM. Wait another 2 weeks to receive ROM. Still no dice. Called Michel at Startburst and he told me to send him the board. 3 weeks go by and Michel states that he can't figure out what is wrong and will send the board back to Stern. 4 months go by from day of purchase and now I get a call from Michel last night saying the board was defective and out of warranty and needed to be repaired to the amount of $350. Now with that said I know I probably don't have a recourse from the seller.

So what would you do? Call him up and call him on it? Or let it slide? I'm very conflicted because I don't want to burn bridges but I just really feel this was a sly move that ended costing me money.

#1127 6 months ago

Calling him up couldn't hurt. If he did intentionally sell it to you that way, that bridge is already on fire. Probably why he had his wife deal with you.

#1128 6 months ago

Can anyone confirm the BM66 at Carnival Cinemas in Red Deer Alberta? I saw the Kijiji ad but I would love to hear from a Red Deer Pinsider before I start planning a road trip!
    Thanks!

#1129 6 months ago

So what would you do? Call him up and call him on it? Or let it slide? I'm very conflicted because I don't want to burn bridges but I just really feel this was a sly move that ended costing me money.

If it were me I would let it slide. You don't know for sure that he knew there was a board problem when he sold it, and it is now months down the road from the sale. Would be more cautious dealing with him next time (if there is a next time) and if there are any red flags/concerns walk away from the deal.

#1130 6 months ago
    Quoted from klr650:

Can anyone confirm the BM66 at Carnival Cinemas in Red Deer Alberta? I saw the Kijiji ad but I would love to hear from a Red Deer Pinsider before I start planning a road trip!
    Thanks!

I know it was being delivered there on Wednesday afternoon, so it should be good to go.

#1131 6 months ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

If it were me I would let it slide. You don't know for sure that he knew there was a board problem when he sold it, and it is now months down the road from the sale. Would be more cautious dealing with him next time (if there is a next time) and if there are any red flags/concerns walk away from the deal.

All is resolved. The old owner was not aware. Tried to keep to conversation civil but I guess my written english manners need to be refined. Either way told him $70 would do since he didn't know and it's stand up of him to be willing to pay my full requested amount, but since he didn't know I don't really want to take advantage of his good will.

All in all still happy to get the TF board back and finally be able to update the much needed code.

#1132 6 months ago
    Quoted from klr650:

Thanks!

Looks like bob is the poster so I would say it's legit

#1133 6 months ago
    Quoted from Stretch7:

Looks like bob is the poster so I would say it's legit

Went last night. Batman is playing great. From what I can tell you have to buy a ticket to a movie to play, but YMMV. They are Bob's TPS cards all over the place. The GOT needs to be cleaned and you can pay to play a Hyperpin. Good times! Looking forward to having one in Edmonton. It's a different machine then the dark night. Loved it.

#1134 6 months ago

I am told that Denizen now has one on location now as well.

#1135 6 months ago

90% likely going to head up to yegpin..... am I also 90% likely to pick up a pin there? Any previous experience? Should I take a van/truck?

#1136 6 months ago
    Quoted from Boat:

90% likely going to head up to yegpin..... am I also 90% likely to pick up a pin there? Any previous experience? Should I take a van/truck?

Bring Tales! Also, you could strike a trade, who knows. I would love to have a TFTC.

#1137 6 months ago
    Quoted from puck:

Bring Tales! Also, you could strike a trade, who knows. I would love to have a TFTC.

I thought about it. I would need to make a few tweaks to make the game ready for a good weekend of playing but it isn't out of the question. I might be able to let her go next year.. not sure about this year. Maybe for a TSPP + cash

#1138 6 months ago
    Quoted from Boat:

I thought about it. I would need to make a few tweaks to make the game ready for a good weekend of playing but it isn't out of the question. I might be able to let her go next year.. not sure about this year. Maybe for a TSPP + cash

Bring it! I know a few good people that would be happy to help you tweak what ever you need for a few games on a TFTC. No Simpsons here, but I do dream of having another Data East machine soon.

#1139 6 months ago
    Quoted from puck:

I went today and it is there but it was not working. Hopefully it is up by the weekend.

Got to play a few new ones I hadn't tried yet, like Spider-Man and AC/DC which was still neat

#1140 6 months ago
    Quoted from noahd42:

I went today and it is there but it was not working. Hopefully it is up by the weekend.
    Got to play a few new ones I hadn't tried yet, like Spider-Man and AC/DC which was still neat

Thanks! That makes me feel a little better about driving down to Red Deer.

#1141 6 months ago
    Quoted from puck:

Bring it! I know a few good people that would be happy to help you tweak what ever you need for a few games on a TFTC. No Simpsons here, but I do dream of having another Data East machine soon.

Maybe,, It's more expo tweaks that are tedious but not too hard to fix with a few hours of dedicated work. I'll think about bringing it.Also I'll let you know when I'm ready to let go of TFTC

#1142 6 months ago
    Quoted from Boat:

Should I take a van/truck?

Yes. I'll be bringing a pin and arcades and plan on coming home empty

#1143 6 months ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Yes. I'll be bringing a pin and arcades and plan on coming home empty

What are you brining for sale I figure I still have room for two more machines.

#1144 6 months ago

Question for you guys. What's a fair price on an average Funhouse?

Game works 100%, new LED Display, Shopped, Cliffy's (wear around scoops pre-install), Playfield is decent with mylar showing typical bubbling especially around the clock inserts. Cab is solid and nice with the exception of some touch ups. Clean board set. Clean translight. Game plays great. Assume no LED's....

2016 Mr. Pinball shows $3,925 USD, Pinside price is $3,510 - $4,090...

Was told the game is worth $4K CAD. Thought it was closer to $5K CAD.

Thoughts?

#1145 6 months ago
    Quoted from puck:

Looks like I know what I'm doing tomorrow night. Hopefully it's good to go.

#1146 6 months ago
    Quoted from puck:

What are you brining for sale I figure I still have room for two more machines.

I think I'll need another vip pass for Friday so might as well bring something to share and sell.
    I'll know closer to the event what pin or pins I'll bring. Something not on list preferably. I've got a Legendary Wings buried in back of the garage. I'll dig it out in the spring. Good 2 player game.

#1147 5 months ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I think I'll need another vip pass for Friday so might as well bring something to share and sell.
    I'll know closer to the event what pin or pins I'll bring. Something not on list preferably. I've got a Legendary Wings buried in back of the garage. I'll dig it out in the spring. Good 2 player game.

We would love to have a Legendary Wings at the show! Here is the form to fill out http://www.yegpin.com/?page_id=407 if you are able to bring it! Be part of Edmonton history and get some great perks.

1 week later
    #1148 5 months ago
    Quoted from wolv3:

Looks like I know what I'm doing tomorrow night. Hopefully it's good to go.

I forgot to update, I ended up getting a chance to try it out that weekend. It was up and running. Pretty good!

#1149 5 months ago

Wife showed me a story yesterday about a 7000sq2 mansion in Nova Scotia selling for $450,000.

Who knew the Addams family lived in the maritimes?

th (resized).jpeg

th-1 (resized).jpeg

#1150 5 months ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Wife showed me a story yesterday about a 7000sq2 mansion in Nova Scotia selling for $450,000.
    Who knew the Addams family lived in the maritimes?

$450K would get you about a third of that square footage on a 35' lot around here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinbology
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Customs
    $ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 67.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 47.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 140.00
    $ 199.99
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 49.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 1662 posts in topic. You are on page 23 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.