(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 95.
    #1051 7 years ago

yegpin.com is live!

Be sure to check out the Nearby Attractions page and let us know if we missed something http://www.yegpin.com/?page_id=985

#1052 7 years ago

Maybe next week? So close now ...

20161227_160257 (resized).jpg20161227_160257 (resized).jpg

#1053 7 years ago

Looking good! Can't wait to head to Saskatoon in the new year.
    Are you going to hold tournaments at pokeys? When's grand opening?

#1054 7 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Looking good! Can't wait to head to Saskatoon in the new year.
    Are you going to hold tournaments at pokeys? When's grand opening?

Well will have a lot of events. Kids tourneys. Women's. Rookies. SAPP tourneys. Doubles. Etc.

Hoping to soft open next week. Grand will be late January or early Feb. VIP events (invite only) will be mid Jan or late.

#1055 7 years ago

Looks great J

Can't wait for the tourneys and good food!

#1056 7 years ago

I know it's a long shot but a guy from Melfort Sask area had a 1973 williams Travel Time stolen from his cabin and asked if i could ask people to keep an eye out. It worked, looked and played real nice and just trying to help him find it. If anyone from sask hears of one come up, pm me. thanks

#1057 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I know it's a long shot but a guy from Melfort Sask area had a 1973 williams Travel Time stolen from his cabin and asked if i could ask people to keep an eye out. It worked, looked and played real nice and just trying to help him find it. If anyone from sask hears of one come up, pm me. thanks

That sucks.
    Did it have a serial number or any distinguishing features? I'll keep an eye out here in Edmonton.

#1058 7 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Awesome. It's good and bad for me. Good news... My daughters medical issues might finally be on the home stretch. Bad news... Not many more trips to Saskatoon to play pinball. Good news outweighs the bad. But, playing some pins while the wife and kid were at the hotel was always something to look forward too.

#1059 7 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

That sucks.
    Did it have a serial number or any distinguishing features? I'll keep an eye out here in Edmonton.

Ya man..it would suck for sure! ..But the pin has brand new rubber bands and the glass is worn out pretty good on the right side.

#1060 7 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Well will have a lot of events. Kids tourneys. Women's. Rookies. SAPP tourneys. Doubles. Etc.
    Hoping to soft open next week. Grand will be late January or early Feb. VIP events (invite only) will be mid Jan or late.

Can't wait to come check it out.

#1061 7 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

is this open today?!?! In saskatoon for the weekend & going to play pins today somewhere!! Wooot

#1062 7 years ago

If not sports on tap is open today

Quoted from Dee-Bow:is this open today?!?! In saskatoon for the weekend & going to play pins today somewhere!! Wooot

#1063 7 years ago

Weak line up at sports on tap now.. tron,gladiators,streetfighter2(broken flipper,breakshot..

#1064 7 years ago

Its my 1st time here but The 3 playable games are fun... just expected more pins i guess

#1065 7 years ago

Used to always be a solid lineup b4 pokeys new adventure. Always had a Metallica. Tron, walking dead, ghostbusters, game of thrones on rotation.
    Bartari should be opening soon and there used to be be games at the soccer rec centre.

#1066 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Weak line up at sports on tap now.. tron,gladiators,streetfighter2(broken flipper,breakshot..

Tron is no slouch! Gladiators is a blast as well.

We open Wednesday. Keep it on the down low though. Soft open.

Soccer centre has great well playing pins. Bartari has Got. Ninos has Kiss and BSD.

#1067 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pauz21:

Awesome. It's good and bad for me. Good news... My daughters medical issues might finally be on the home stretch.

Being a Dad, full stop right there. Awesome news man.

Ice cream on me when you drop by. Pint's if it's just you

#1068 7 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Tron is no slouch! Gladiators is a blast as well.
    We open Wednesday. Keep it on the down low though. Soft open.
    Soccer centre has great well playing pins. Bartari has Got. Ninos has Kiss and BSD.

For sure! Tron was kicking my butt but awesome game..gladiator's was a blast too..

#1069 7 years ago

Is this a west coast thread? Lol
    Come on Ontario!

#1070 7 years ago

I'll just leave this here ...

20170109_230000 (resized).jpg20170109_230000 (resized).jpg

#1071 7 years ago

Has anyone been thru Edmonton international airport lately? I'm in Leduc for a week and was thinking of driving over to see what pins are there. Unless anyone knows of any pins on location in Leduc area? (Used to be a beatup junkyard at Kosmos lounge)

Thanks

#1072 7 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Has anyone been thru Edmonton international airport lately? I'm in Leduc for a week and was thinking of driving over to see what pins are there. Unless anyone knows of any pins on location in Leduc area? (Used to be a beatup junkyard at Kosmos lounge)
    Thanks

The games at the Airport are usually pretty beat. Come down to Lucky's tonight! We are having our first league night of the year and might be able to get you playing as a sub.

#1073 7 years ago

Anyone have an idea how much ACDC Pro is worth?

#1074 7 years ago
    Quoted from NinJaBooT:

The games at the Airport are usually pretty beat. Come down to Lucky's tonight! We are having our first league night of the year and might be able to get you playing as a sub.

Thanks, but a little too far after a day of traveling.

#1075 7 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Anyone have an idea how much ACDC Pro is worth?

I was offered a pro last month for $5500 with bell mod and a few others in Alberta

#1076 7 years ago

I believe you have to go through security to get to the games there in the airport. Your best bet is Beercade or the Rec Room (only two pins) if you are in Leduc. League night is a blast at Lucky's awesome format and lots if good people to be social with. League has 36 players and we are always looking for spares on that night.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Thanks, but a little too far after a day of traveling.

#1077 7 years ago

Lucky's (Yellowhead Inn) is great. Easily accessible (right across the highway from Costco), you don't have to pay for parking, all 10 machines take real money (not tokens), and the machines are in great shape! Also, it's the only place to play Embryon!
    Kudos to Bill for keeping it simple and fun!

#1078 7 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

I believe you have to go through security to get to the games there in the airport. Your best bet is Beercade or the Rec Room (only two pins) if you are in Leduc. League night is a blast at Lucky's awesome format and lots if good people to be social with. League has 36 players and we are always looking for spares on that night.

Sounds like a good time but I'm 45 min to the southside or Devon. And the highways sucked today. Have a fun night guys!

Anyone know if Kosmos in leduc still have pins?

#1079 7 years ago

Last time I was at kosmos they had a AC/DC pro and Boston pizza had a stern batman
    The laundry mat by royal pizza has a beat up earthshaker and pinbot

#1080 7 years ago

A "current line up" of pins on location's in canada sure would be a cool thread to read! Jus' saying!

#1081 7 years ago
    Quoted from Stretch7:

Last time I was at kosmos they had a AC/DC pro and Boston pizza had a stern batman

Thanks Stretch! I'm probably heading into Leduc Friday. Are you still enjoying BC?

#1082 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

A "current line up" of pins on location's in canada sure would be a cool thread to read! Jus' saying!

You could read the handy dandy Canadian Public Pinball Tracker, updated kinda-semi-monthly-ish

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NXpZrLSA8IKqgNbimMxd3X491mKkZNJCPe4QS2A6y4o/edit#gid=8

#1083 7 years ago

That's the one.. Thanks!!

#1084 7 years ago

Yup B.C. Is good
    I wanna say it's cold here but not compared to what you guys are feeling

#1085 7 years ago

I dunno things are feeling pretty good where I am at it was 21 degrees yesterday lol...

Quoted from Stretch7:

Yup B.C. Is good

#1086 7 years ago
    Quoted from Stretch7:

Yup B.C. Is good

-45 today with the windchill in saskatoon

#1087 7 years ago
    Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

A freakishly warm (for mid January) +3C and winds of 70 kmh in Charlottetown. We've had more days above 0 than below this January, and more coming. Very weird.

#1088 7 years ago
    Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

Fahrenheit or Celsius? I guess when its that cold it really doesn't matter anymore

#1089 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Fahrenheit or Celsius? I guess when its that cold it really doesn't matter anymore

Celsius

#1090 7 years ago

Just went to Beercade on Whyte for the first time. The pins are pretty solid, but if you're with a friend I highly recommend playing the Williams Slugfest instead. A few of the buttons don't always work (like the 2 player button), but if you hit them enough it will start up a game. I've never played this one before and it's great fun as a two player game.

#1091 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Celsius of course... it's Canada.
    It's only the US and 3 villages in Africa that don't use the metric system.

#1092 7 years ago
    Quoted from PureTO:

Celsius of course... it's Canada.

I was being sarcastic, as when you get below -40, you're too fricken cold to care.

I forgot the sarcasm smilie

#1093 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

I was being sarcastic, as when you get below -40, you're too fricken cold to care.
    I forgot the sarcasm smilie . . .

#1094 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

I forgot the sarcasm smilie

Also, when you get below -40, fahrenheit is a lower number. -40c = -40f

#1095 7 years ago
    Quoted from PureTO:

Actually 3 country's do not officially use the Metric System. U.S.A., Liberia, and Myanmar. You were close .

#1096 7 years ago

Anyone in Regina have a couple of spare coil stops for newer Stern games. I want to replace the ones on my Luci because the brass coloured part of the stops turned into glitter dust in the cabinet. 2 is good, 4 is great!

Rob

#1097 7 years ago

You guys see the lineup at flames community arena? Man they'd get at least $50 a week from me with that selection.

Taf
    Batman
    Dm
    Ft
    Flintstones
    Hobbit Smaug
    Rfm
    Shadow
    T2
    Wcs

#1098 7 years ago

Check out the Trap and Gill at Heritage Drive and Macleod Trail as well.
    Good selection of games to.

GOTLE
    GB pro
    Metallica pro
    STTNG
    Dracula
    Southpark
    Demoman
    TAF

#1099 7 years ago

The Calgary guys definitely have good choices now. Lucky Cowboys

#1100 7 years ago
    Quoted from Stretch7:

Stopped by Kosmos tonight. Acdc was beat up. Both flipper rubbers were crusty old and snapped, but still attached. Lol. 2 credits for a buck but I left after 2 balls. Lucky for us the new 2017 golden tee next to it had 17 credits in it

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.