(Topic ID: 137778)

The Canadian Pinhead Thread. What's Up?!

By Jeekayjay

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,733 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deleenhe
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    20231031_105232.jpg
    20231031_105149.jpg
    20231031_105152.jpg
    20231031_105214.jpg
    20231031_105211.jpg
    20231031_105220.jpg
    20231031_105209.jpg
    20231031_105158.jpg
    20231031_105207.jpg
    20231031_110908.jpg
    IMG_5584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20231006-WA0010.jpg
    82eifj (resized).jpg
    IMG_0432 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0078 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 95.
    #1001 7 years ago

Anyone got any details on the next yegpin show? Dates were announced, will it be same or different location? Also if there's vip party can it be on Friday and not Saturday night?

#1002 7 years ago

Look at what my wife found today. No Eskimos or Roughriders though.

20161019_192754 (resized).jpg20161019_192754 (resized).jpg

#1003 7 years ago

Dates were announced at the Vancouver Pinball Expo and some info on the Edmonton Pinball Facebook page. May 5-7, 2017, there is a strong possibility of a Friday VIP party, still in the planning stages details will trickle in over the next number of weeks... Lots of stuff in store going to be a great show!!!!

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Anyone got any details on the next yegpin show? Dates were announced, will it be same or different location? Also if there's vip party can it be on Friday and not Saturday night?

1 week later
    #1004 7 years ago

Would anybody in the Regina area be willing to lend me an eprom burner or burn a rom (or 2) for me?

#1005 7 years ago

Check out this thread, and if anyone remembers some of the places I mention, would love to hear your memories!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-was-your-amusement-arcade-in-the-70-and-80%c2%b4s-lets-post-the-pict

Still Candian...

#1006 7 years ago

Getting closer! And a pic of my messy garage ...

IMG_1518 (resized).JPGIMG_1518 (resized).JPG

20161020_065110 (resized).jpg20161020_065110 (resized).jpg

#1007 7 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Getting closer! And a pic of my messy garage ...

Send kiss to me and it will alleviate some mess.

#1008 7 years ago

Looking good! At least you'll down one pin on Friday

1 week later
    1 week later
    #1011 7 years ago

Less then 17 spots open for the last chance tournament.
    http://diehardpinball.ca
    LastChanceBright (resized).jpgLastChanceBright (resized).jpg

#1012 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arena:

Beercade is open on Whyte Ave.

Have any of you played the Fish Tales they have? Would you consider it a good representation of what it's supposed to play like?

I'm a noob hoping to get my first pin and this is one of my favourites in Pinball Arcade. The flippers felt weak and it left me a bit disappointed. Not having played it anywhere else I have no reference.

#1013 7 years ago

Fish Tales is an excellent game, wait till the one is back at Luckys Lounge, it will be a perfect example of one. The games at Luckys are more representative of what pinball machines should play like...

Good luck in your hunt!!!

Quoted from Tungsten78:

Have any of you played the Fish Tales they have? Would you consider it a good representation of what it's supposed to play like?
    I'm a noob hoping to get my first pin and this is one of my favourites in Pinball Arcade. The flippers felt weak and it left me a bit disappointed. Not having played it anywhere else I have no reference.

#1014 7 years ago

I'm looking to pickup a 4 player mame/multicade. I know what I can build a 2 player for but not sure my skills and lack of equipment are good enough to build a 4 player with trackball, etc.
    What's a decent/fair price on a used 4 player multicade with trackball for golden tee games?

Thanks

#1015 7 years ago

Hey guys, I am looking for some help with my BSD. It's a long shot, but do any Saskatchewan locals have a WPC 89 MPU I can borrow for a few hours? I am having a phantom switch/opto issue that crops up after the game has been on for 30 minutes. I thought I had it figured out, but it came back. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#1016 7 years ago

My BSD is sitting in the shop (working 100%) but that's 2.5 hours from you.

#1017 7 years ago
    Quoted from yegpin:

Less then 17 spots open for the last chance tournament.
    http://diehardpinball.ca

Every time Edmonton has a tourney I can't make it.

#1018 7 years ago

Congrats on a great season for the DHPL in Edmonton, here are the winners. League had expanded to 36 spots and the league is full if you are interested in sparing for next year please contact [email protected]

IMG_0537 (resized).JPGIMG_0537 (resized).JPG

#1019 7 years ago

The final push, with all the help I can get ... this one didn't help with the painting.

20161124_211458 (resized).jpg20161124_211458 (resized).jpg

#1020 7 years ago

What kind of dog Jason? Wife thinks he's cute. When is the grand opening?

Quoted from smokedog:

The final push, with all the help I can get ... this one didn't help with the painting.

#1021 7 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

What kind of dog Jason? Wife thinks he's cute. When is the grand opening?

She's full grown rez dog. A little of everything is my guess. She's a great rescue find.

Hoping for soft open mid month. Grand in January.

#1022 7 years ago

Hopefully you can make the next one, it is the biggest one of the year YEGPIN!!!!

Quoted from TBatti:

Every time Edmonton has a tourney I can't make it.

#1023 7 years ago

Last Chance Results are in! Thanks Altitude Amusements for hosting!!
    Congratulations Derek, Paul, & Dale for the top three finishes. Best female goes to Erin P.
    Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 7.19.41 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-12-03 at 7.19.41 PM (resized).png

#1024 7 years ago

I am just happy I gave you that one strike Derek
    Good time,thanks for hosting us Calgarians.
    Next time Derek,you are going down,lol.

#1025 7 years ago

Ya was on my game yesterday, next one is YEGPIN unless you guys get something going in Calgary, see you guys at Provincials!!!

Quoted from pingod:

I am just happy I gave you that one strike Derek
    Good time,thanks for hosting us Calgarians.
    Next time Derek,you are going down,lol.

#1026 7 years ago

Can any pinsiders recommend a good bbq restaurant in or around Edmonton? Family friends from Europe are visiting and would like some good bbq.

Thanks guys!

#1027 7 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Can any pinsiders recommend a good bbq restaurant in or around Edmonton? Family friends from Europe are visiting and would like some good bbq.
    Thanks guys!

Pampa Brazilian Steak House

#1028 7 years ago
    Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Thanks. I'll look it up.

#1029 7 years ago

Brazilian bbq is so frikkin good!! Only had it at gaucho in calgary a few times but so good! Saskatoon has one but not regina dammit.. definitely gonna try and find Pampa next may!

#1030 7 years ago
    Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Always great. They just keep bringing more meat to the table. Make sure you make reservations. Excellent service.
    One of my favorites in Edmonton.

#1031 7 years ago

Meat, just off Whyte Ave. Great BBQ.

#1032 7 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll pass them on.

That Pampas sounds awesome. So is it unlimited meat from 10 choices for $50?
    There was a Korean bbq on 51st Ave back in the 90s that was buffet style and really good.

#1033 7 years ago

for Korean I like B-Bim-Baab. Odd location in industrial area, but very popular with Koreans.

#1034 7 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll pass them on.
    That Pampas sounds awesome. So is it unlimited meat from 10 choices for $50?
    There was a Korean bbq on 51st Ave back in the 90s that was buffet style and really good.

Yes unlimited

#1035 7 years ago
    Quoted from smiley:

for Korean I like B-Bim-Baab. Odd location in industrial area, but very popular with Koreans.

Same with the one on 51ave and like 91st. Real industrial area. I went to Wagner comp for a semester and went there a few times. First time I ever had meat sweats.

#1036 7 years ago

Do they still do the entertainment coupon book? My parents bought a couple every year. We discovered lots of amazing restaurants because of it.
    I always talked mom and pops into red robin at whitemud so I could play fishtales.

#1037 7 years ago

Hey fellow Canucks, Im considering buyng a new playfield for my Getaway. It will be coming from Germany and after conversion it will run me around $1200.00 . Does anyone know if i am looking at extra costs once it gets here ? im assuming 15% tax on top of that ? Just trying to figure out if it even makes sense for this pin. I did a full on resto on it and the only thing thats not perfect now is the playfield. The oringinal playfield is not bad, No real wear but has the typical slight color fade and some slightly raised inserts and because of this there is a slight bit of wear around some of the inserts. What do you think i could get for my original playfield if i tried to sell it after the swap ? Thanks in advance.

#1038 7 years ago

If you want meat poisoning, Sloppy Hogs Road house on 118 ave east of 97 st. southern style BBQ, on big plates! Poisoning in a great way, soooo much meat!
    http://sloppyhoggsbbq.com/#!/home

#1039 7 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

If you want meat poisoning, Sloppy Hogs Road house on 118 ave east of 97 st. southern style BBQ, on big plates! Poisoning in a great way, soooo much meat!
    http://sloppyhoggsbbq.com/#!/home

Good BBQ. I remember eating the "roadkill." It was awesome! Comical lack of veggies (small cups of coleslaw are the only greens). Ironic since the proprietor's spouse runs a vegan restaurant down the road.

#1040 7 years ago

I always gorge myself at Dadeo's when I visit Edmonton. I can't help it.

#1041 7 years ago

For our birthday we always got to choose a restaurant to go to.
    Von's Steakhouse just off Whyte Ave was always my brother's choice. Good grub. Great primerib.
    Mine was Bistro Pihrah downtown. Best steak tar tar I've ever had and huge viener snitzlels and cordon blues.

Quoted from smokedog:

I always gorge myself at Dadeo's when I visit Edmonton. I can't help it.

My first real job was a dish pig there

#1042 7 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Hey fellow Canucks, Im considering buyng a new playfield for my Getaway. It will be coming from Germany and after conversion it will run me around $1200.00 . Does anyone know if i am looking at extra costs once it gets here ? im assuming 15% tax on top of that ? Just trying to figure out if it even makes sense for this pin. I did a full on resto on it and the only thing thats not perfect now is the playfield. The oringinal playfield is not bad, No real wear but has the typical slight color fade and some slightly raised inserts and because of this there is a slight bit of wear around some of the inserts. What do you think i could get for my original playfield if i tried to sell it after the swap ? Thanks in advance.

I pulled the trigger on this yesterday. And then ordered mirror blades, an alt translite, a new plastics set, and cabinet decals. I can't wait to see my Getaway in a year's time!

Financially, none of this makes sense. HS2 continues to be a lower-cost WPC, even though almost everyone loves it. I'm not sure why that is. But pins aren't investments, they're toys. If you'll love the machine even more with a pf swap, do it!

#1043 7 years ago

Yep you are right you will be lucky to get half of your investment back but you can't put a price on happiness!!!! Half the joy I get from owning a pinball machine is that you may have played the machine before but you haven't played mine Good luck in your restoration...

Quoted from EvanDickson:

I pulled the trigger on this yesterday. And then ordered mirror blades, an alt translite, a new plastics set, and cabinet decals. I can't wait to see my Getaway in a year's time!
    Financially, none of this makes sense. HS2 continues to be a lower-cost WPC, even though almost everyone loves it. I'm not sure why that is. But pins aren't investments, they're toys. If you'll love the machine even more with a pf swap, do it!

#1044 7 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

It is a favorite of many, but there were also 13,259 units made according to ipdb.org. That's a lot!

I think that a really nice one would do okay in the right market, maybe not local to you though.
    Anyway, do it for yourself and let the chips fall where they may...

#1045 7 years ago

Thanks guys, Still on the fence. Do you know if there will be any more costs once it arrives in Canada ?

#1046 7 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Thanks guys, Still on the fence. Do you know if there will be any more costs once it arrives in Canada ?

I'm guessing HST and a $9.95 customs processing fee.

#1047 7 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

PST, GST and any duty for importation (by country or product). There is a basic list for duties collected by Canada by country of origin, etc (%, like PST and GST). That's for regular post. Couriers such as FEDEX and UPS will be the same plus charge additional fees for 'importing' with them. They have a fee schedule for that which can be found by search.

#1048 7 years ago

....HS2 pf deposit down. Mine isn't bad, but a new one to have ready is worth it for this game. Especially with the mod options, everyone can make theirs so unique. Superbee, our dollars sucks, its a bad time of year to lay out extra bucks, but worst case you could always sell the pf if you had to later as well. Oh, and it probably won't ship until Feb, so a month or two to put a little aside for it.

#1049 7 years ago

Yeah, i hear you guys but after all in its probably going to be a $1400.00 playfield for us Canadians. My getaway is fully restored except for the playfield but the original is actually in pretty decent shape. I really would like a new one but i just dont think i can justify the cost.

#1050 7 years ago

I wish I knew what happened to my old HS2. It had a clearcoated playfield and I sold it to a guy named Jamie in Saskatoon about 10 years ago. I regretted selling, tried to buy it back, but he wouldn't sell it back to me.

Rob

There are 4,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.