(Topic ID: 184076)

Canada pinball parts WTB/LTS official thread.

By puck

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 983 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by bleargh
  • Topic is favorited by 129 Pinsiders

You

There are 983 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 20.
#201 5 years ago

I'm going to meet Devron on Friday to pick up a few parts, should be good!

#202 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I'm going to meet Devron on Friday to pick up a few parts, should be good!

He was in Edmonton on Saturday and was kind enough to sell me a switch I desperately needed. What a nice guy!

#203 5 years ago

Ya he is always accomidating for the parts i need.

#204 5 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

No kidding, was going to order a few bolts, and shipping is way back up at marco - about 40usd for 5-10 bucks worth of screws!

It's based on weight and bolts are heavy

#205 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

It's based on weight and bolts are heavy

True, as a test I put in 1 regular flipper button - gave me a shipping price of $30.99usd as its lowest option lol

#206 5 years ago

I just placed an order with Marco and wow! great service. It has taken along time for them to get where they are with the customer service, but I was satisfied. I contacted them by phone and explained the whole Canada thing. And they explained that they implemented a new policy; if your order is over $250 US they will do in house shipping to the US. I placed an order and within 24 hours had a shipping quote, an invoice and had the parts shipped out. now we wait to see how long it takes to get here. But as of right now, I am quite satisfied with their changes.

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

I just placed an order with Marco and wow! great service. It has taken along time for them to get where they are with the customer service, but I was satisfied. I contacted them by phone and explained the whole Canada thing. And they explained that they implemented a new policy; if your order is over $250 US they will do in house shipping to the US. I placed an order and within 24 hours had a shipping quote, an invoice and had the parts shipped out. now we wait to see how long it takes to get here. But as of right now, I am quite satisfied with their changes.

So what did the shipping come out to?

#208 5 years ago

$50 US

and if it is split between 2-4 guys (which it was) that's super cheap... should be about $20-25 Canadian per person! im ok with that.

#209 5 years ago

Nice deal!!

#210 5 years ago

Do you have to phone Marco’s first Kevin and let them know your putting in an order or just start a cart and wait til they respond

#211 5 years ago

I built the cart and then phoned. I talked to ryan who informed me of the changes, and explained it to me. I couldnt complete the transaction online, but on the phone he saw my order(because i was logged into my marco account) and he took over. He said he would handle it from there and i would recieve and email confirming my order and they would email me a quote for the order with shipping. Within 24 hours i recieved an email showing my order and a shipping price. I responded with ‘i approve’ and within an hour or two i recieived a paypal notification to pay the amount. Within 30 minutes of me sending payment i recieved another email saying my package has shipped. I was quite surprised and very satisfied.
I mean lets be honest, marco didnt set the bar too high the last couple years, but this transaction sure seemed like a step in the right direction!

#212 5 years ago

So is this a standard thing now, or was this a special circumstance they did because you’d called? I have a fairly big order I’m planning on putting in sometime soon, so I just phone and that’s that? This is great news by the way!

#213 5 years ago

So what would the shipping cost have been under their global shipping if you hadn't of phoned? As in, how much did this save you?

I built the cart and then phoned. I talked to ryan who informed me of the changes, and explained it to me. I couldnt complete the transaction online, but on the phone he saw my order(because i was logged into my marco account) and he took over. He said he would handle it from there and i would recieve and email confirming my order and they would email me a quote for the order with shipping. Within 24 hours i recieved an email showing my order and a shipping price. I responded with ‘i approve’ and within an hour or two i recieived a paypal notification to pay the amount. Within 30 minutes of me sending payment i recieved another email saying my package has shipped. I was quite surprised and very satisfied.
I mean lets be honest, marco didnt set the bar too high the last couple years, but this transaction sure seemed like a step in the right direction!

#214 5 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

So what would the shipping cost have been under their global shipping if you hadn't of phoned? As in, how much did this save you?

I checked that out this morning :

Priority Mail 2-3 Weeks $106.99 USD
UPS Expedited 4-7 Days $123.99 USD
UPS Saver 3-5 Days $129.99 USD

#215 5 years ago
Quoted from DW3000:So is this a standard thing now, or was this a special circumstance they did because you’d called? I have a fairly big order I’m planning on putting in sometime soon, so I just phone and that’s that? This is great news by the way!

I just emailed Ryan, he said he will send me something by the end of the day to post here.

#216 5 years ago

INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMER PROGRAM
We are able to save you money on shipping for your orders of $250 USD or more.
Eligibility :
-Customer Outside of the U.S.
-Orders of $250 or more
What do I need to do?
Create an account on MarcoSpecialties.com if you don’t have one.
Login to your account.
Place the items you wish to order in your cart (make sure they don’t show as Out of Stock).
E-mail [email protected] and be sure to include:
-Subject Line: International Order Request
-Your shipping address
-Total cost of the order (USD, not including any shipping charges)
-Your user login
-Your preferred method of payment: Paypal/Credit Card (if Credit Card is preferred please make sure it
is saved on your online account).
You may copy the below information into your e-mail to save you time:
International Order Request
Shipping Address:
Total Cost (USD):
User Login:
Payment Method:
What will Marco Specialties do?
We will quote the shipping costs directly from us which will save transit time and money for our international
customer base. Once you have approved the shipping method we will send a Paypal invoice or charge your
Credit Card.
Your order will be shipped as soon as we receive the payment.

#217 5 years ago

Fuckin eh!!

#218 5 years ago

i will update how it shipped, and how long it takes as well

#219 5 years ago

Finally a break in the crazy ass shipping charges!

#220 5 years ago

Marco has been shipping to me like this for a couple years now.

#221 5 years ago
Quoted from Tinnhound:

Marco has been shipping to me like this for a couple years now.

I’m glad you let everyone know about it, thanks.

Dang, where’s my sarcasm emoji

#222 5 years ago

This is great news! Thanks for taking the initiative to share with us toasterman04

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I’m glad you let everyone know about it, thanks.
Dang, where’s my sarcasm emoji

Take it up with them, not me. It's not my business, It's theirs. If anything, I helped convince them to change. Bashing me ain't cool dude.

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from Tinnhound:

Take it up with them, not me. It's not my business, It's theirs. If anything, I helped convince them to change. Bashing me ain't cool dude.

Nobody is bashing you. Just stating that it would have been nice to share that information, like toasterman04 did, with the rest of us. Spread the wealth dude!

#225 5 years ago

Awesome news. Let the ordering begin!

#226 5 years ago

Does anyone have a good condition Motorola 6802 or 6808 CPU chip available? This is the CPU chip that you would find on Williams System 11 or Data East boards. Thanks.

#227 5 years ago

Selling the following Williams WPC Terminator pinball parts that I no longer need $75 CAD for the lot. Won't separate.

- Original T2 Skull with mounting bracket and lamp sockets. Has a small scuff which could be easily repainted but and is in otherwise good condition.

- T2 Flipper return lane guides and plastics.

- T2 drop target decal.

Shipping at cost to Canadian Pinsiders only

vancouver.craigslist.org link

#228 5 years ago

Used Williams STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION pinball machine gun motor assy - $65CAD + shipping at cost

I no longer own the game and am clearing out.

Williams Star Trek The Next Generation STTNG pinball machine gun motor & gearbox assembly for left or right side guns.

Part #: A-17562

#229 5 years ago

The Motorola 6802 and 6808 can be found on early Williams boards like defender sinistar etc

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from MattyF:

Does anyone have a good condition Motorola 6802 or 6808 CPU chip available? This is the CPU chip that you would find on Williams System 11 or Data East boards. Thanks.

I can go check the local electronics store they have tons of chips. I’ll get back to you later today.

#231 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

I can go check the local electronics store they have tons of chips. I’ll get back to you later today.

I actually found one from a friend locally that got my problem sorted. But thanks anyways for the help! This is for a machine that's on location, so I just wanted whatever I could get as fast as possible without having to drop $50+ to have one shipped from the US.

#232 5 years ago

I have a set of brand new pinstadiums that i bought from nitro for 350 that i no longer need. Willing to sell for 300$

#233 5 years ago

Anyone got a nice used or new right ramp for Johnny Mnemonic they would be willing to sell?

I'm in Ottawa and willing to ship. I can buy it new from Pinball Spare Parts in Australia. Hoping to get something more local.

Added over 5 years ago:

No longer required. Found one.

#234 5 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

I can buy it new from Pinball Spare Parts in Australia. Hoping to get something more local.

Honestly, I put in an order there last month and it was cheaper shipping from Australia than from the USA, and it only took 7 days to get here. I was amazed.

I had held off for so long ordering from there imagining it was going to be something like a month or two for shipping or just some huge ordeal, but I eventually had a list of things I couldn’t get elsewhere and just went for it. And I was impressed.

#235 5 years ago

i will update how it shipped, and how long it takes as well

HOLY CRAP!!!! well, they shipped Fedex and IT ARRIVED TODAY! even the tracking info said it was estimated to be delivered tomorrow which I didn't believe!
Feb 7 - Feb 14 = 7 days.... and no DUTY

I am very very satisfied and will for sure be doing it this way from now on!!

#236 5 years ago

I've purchased from this company probably 5 or more times and have never been disappointed !

Quoted from DW3000:

Honestly, I put in an order there last month and it was cheaper shipping from Australia than from the USA, and it only took 7 days to get here. I was amazed.
I had held off for so long ordering from there imagining it was going to be something like a month or two for shipping or just some huge ordeal, but I eventually had a list of things I couldn’t get elsewhere and just went for it. And I was impressed.

#237 5 years ago

HOLY CRAP!!!! well, they shipped Fedex and IT ARRIVED TODAY! even the tracking info said it was estimated to be delivered tomorrow which I didn't believe!
Feb 7 - Feb 14 = 7 days.... and no DUTY
I am very very satisfied and will for sure be doing it this way from now on!!

Sorry if I missed it, Did you have to spend a certain amount to get the deal?!

#238 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Sorry if I missed it, Did you have to spend a certain amount to get the deal?!

$250 US

#239 5 years ago

you are in for a surprise, there will be duty and hefty fees. fed ex likes to surprise you with a hefty bill weeks after delivery. i had a flat envelope of stickers from pbr. fed ex left them in my mailbox , then i received a $100 bill on the mail including a $50 processing fee.

#240 5 years ago

Thanks for the reply to my wanted post for a JM ramp. For those folks that ordered ramps from Pinball Spare Parts in Australia, how is the quality of the ramps? I found a JM ramp locally and saved a bit, but I need other ramps and may order from them.

#241 5 years ago
Quoted from Astill:

you are in for a surprise, there will be duty and hefty fees. fed ex likes to surprise you with a hefty bill weeks after delivery. i had a flat envelope of stickers from pbr. fed ex left them in my mailbox , then i received a $100 bill on the mail including a $50 processing fee.

Exactly, they send the bill later Last fall I had a guitar speaker sent through them, it was a $120 speaker - the bill was around $70 for taxes and fees..

#242 5 years ago

good old UPS shakedown

#243 5 years ago

The small package option gone from Marco totally sucks! Before you could get a bunch of small parts shipped for 9-12 USD. The $250 shipping program is nice, but still canadians are totally getting the shaft on small items being shipped from Marco.

FedEx fees are also horrendous, with their brokerage charges and duties on large package items such as with a $250 box.

Before with the small packages, I think I ordered this way probably 20-30 times and not once got duty charges because the value of the items were generally less than $100.

#244 5 years ago

I used to use a drop in Blaine, $3 per package is a steal compared to US Shipping. The political climate has made the border pretty shit now though, my wife still braves it but even she gets some hassle. Now I tend to just let them figuratively bend me over with the fees shipping to Canada because I'm afraid they will literally bend me over trying to go south.

#245 5 years ago

I just did a huge marco order. Made sure they shipped USPS then all you pay is tax on value. Dont screw you on handling like fed ex

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from Astill:

( this is as close as tou can get for a getting f****d emoji)

#247 5 years ago

always order thru US postal

1 week later
#248 5 years ago

Anyone have a pinsound board for wpc available?

#249 5 years ago
Quoted from woz:

Selling the following Williams WPC Terminator pinball parts that I no longer need $75 CAD for the lot. Won't separate.
- Original T2 Skull with mounting bracket and lamp sockets. Has a small scuff which could be easily repainted but and is in otherwise good condition.
- T2 Flipper return lane guides and plastics.
- T2 drop target decal.
Shipping at cost to Canadian Pinsiders only

Price reduced to $50 CAD + shipping.

I've had more inquiries from people that just want the T2 Skull for non pinball related projects

#250 5 years ago

I’m looking for a new magnet core for a Dirty Harry machine. Part #02-4773. Thanks

There are 983 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canada-pinball-parts-wtblts-official-thread/page/5?hl=dw3000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.