(Topic ID: 184076)

Canada pinball parts WTB/LTS official thread.

By puck

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 983 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by bleargh
  • Topic is favorited by 129 Pinsiders

You

There are 983 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 20.
#701 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I've had some powder coating done with Derek and Gilles, the outcome was just spectacular. Seen some of the other jobs completed and the choice of colour and outcome takes the look of games over the top.
Glad to see you going mainstream with this ! Many happy customers and games too come.

I second this. Having my second set of armour done by them at the moment as the first set turned out so well! Easy to deal and very accommodating, definitely recommend their services to anyone interested! Derek and Gilles have always been and continue to be top notch!

#702 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Has anyone placed a Marcos order recently? Are they still shipping with fed ex?

I just did and it was FedEx. They have another option that appears cheaper but it states that you should expect to be hit with duty and fees. I paid for the for the better shipping but they still added duty and tax on top. Cost me 65 for a little box. I hate buying from them but sometimes they are the only place that has what you need.

#703 2 years ago

Yep. It sucks for small orders. I will usually bug my pinhead buddies to see if they need anything to bulk up the total order amount and then bit the bullet and get the next day FedEx shipping. Last order I think that was $38USD or something.

Another option from some parts is Nitro, I always check there first if you only need a few things.

#704 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Yep. It sucks for small orders. I will usually bug my pinhead buddies to see if they need anything to bulk up the total order amount and then bit the bullet and get the next day FedEx shipping. Last order I think that was $38USD or something.
Another option from some parts is Nitro, I always check there first if you only need a few things.

We can always bring in what you are looking for if we don’t have it in stock. It may take a little longer... but you’ll save on all the ridiculous charges.

#705 2 years ago

I have been considering a play field.
Ouch that could get nasty.

#706 2 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

We can always bring in what you are looking for if we don’t have it in stock. It may take a little longer... but you’ll save on all the ridiculous charges.

One of my last parts orders form Nitro was like $1,600!! Saved me a ton and either had, or got, every part I wanted. Great service!!

#707 2 years ago

Hey CDN team, has anyone recently replaced the black back box trim on their stern spike 2 games? If anyone has some black trim lying around after replacing theirs, I’ll gladly take off your hands.

#708 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Hey CDN team, has anyone recently replaced the black back box trim on their stern spike 2 games? If anyone has some black trim lying around after replacing theirs, I’ll gladly take off your hands.

Retro active arcade in Edmonton usually stocks trim in multiple colors.

#709 2 years ago

Probably a real long shot but anyone have a Dr. Evil motor for Austin Powers?

I'll probably piggyback on a friend's Marco order but thought I'd try here first.

Thanks

#710 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I have gotten T moulding from them. Lots of options and colours. Quick service I was super happy with them.

#711 2 years ago

Looking for a good used left slingshot plastic for a taxi. If anyone has one please pm me and let me know what you want for it. Happy Victoria Day!

#712 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I’ve order t-trim from them a few times, and they’ve always been great. Nice price, good quality trim, and fast shipping. Last time I noticed that the shipping price was the same if I ordered 10 ft or 80 ft, so I ordered 8 colors of 10 ft each. I should be set for a while now lol

1 week later
#713 2 years ago

I say the Blackout can be the pin finders trial by fire.

#714 2 years ago

Arkadium Retro Arcade now stocks Ball Baron pinballs. Stop by the arcade when we open on June 10th and we are happy to hook you up with some pinballs for your machine.

Ball Baron Pinball types:

Ninja Pinballs - Our recommendation is to use these pinballs is machines without magnets. They are the shiniest pinball on the market and a must have if you want optimal performance in your pinball machine
$3.50 each or a six pack for $20

Polaris Pinballs - These are for any machine, primarily for magnet based games, they are not as shiny but are very durable and will ensure you games is playing great.
$3.00 each or a six pack for $17.50

Thanks again for all your support!!!

#715 2 years ago

Looking for a Backbox especially the display panel with the harness for a Bally Future Spa. Thanks

#716 2 years ago

I'm looking for a single plastic for a Data East #Jurassic Park. If anyone has a spare piece that goes directly behind the Control Room scoop, I'll happily buy it from you.

1 week later
#717 2 years ago

Anyone have a capture opto from a star wars homepin?

#718 2 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Anyone have a capture opto from a star wars homepin?

Do you have a part #? if it is the standard Long Range Optos for Stern Spike systems, Nitro has them in stock.

#719 2 years ago

Out of stock.
Find a scrap machine to get a part from or wait it out.
Month 2 of the wait.

Looking for a capture opto (playfield) from a SW homepin.
Have a request in for a re-flow of my broken one.

#720 2 years ago

There is no "capture" opto in the manual.

Figure out which switch # it is from the manual and it will give the part # needed.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/StarWars_Pin_web.pdf

#721 2 years ago

Optic switch: 511-2975-31

Stern Heavy Metal manual page 34
Bottom chart entry #13

Sending out for a re-flow. (Fingers crossed)

I can only assume the manual is a re-skin like the pin.

#722 2 years ago

Data east lockdown bar, normal size, black. Anyone have something kicking around?

1 month later
#723 2 years ago

Anyone ordering from Marco anytime soon?
I need a $3 plastic pulley for Ferris wheel on my hurricane and don’t feel like paying stupid money for it…

#724 2 years ago

Their shipping is a lot cheaper now, paid like 13 dollars shipping for a small order

#725 2 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Their shipping is a lot cheaper now, paid like 13 dollars shipping for a small order

Yeah but they ship with FedEx. Wait till you get another bill. I'm currently looking at a Dr evil motor and it says $13.72 cdn cross border and another $46.26 due upon delivery.

Total fuk'n ripoff. Wish Marcos would use anyone but ripoff fedex

#726 2 years ago

Yeah I'm out with Marco until I can use a drop box on the other side. I paid for the shipping that was supposed to include the the extra and still got hit with an added bill. You can parts from Europe cheaper its crazy.

#727 2 years ago

FedEx is the worst with their extra bs charges etc

#728 2 years ago

UPS is about the same BS

Quoted from Comox-Rocks:

#729 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Yeah but they ship with FedEx. Wait till you get another bill. I'm currently looking at a Dr evil motor and it says $13.72 cdn cross border and another $46.26 due upon delivery.
Total fuk'n ripoff. Wish Marcos would use anyone but ripoff fedex

Is this recent?
I ordered parts in June with no fee.
I just checked on the chip I just ordered a few days ago. Im likely in for an extra $40, rip.

#730 2 years ago
Quoted from Comox-Rocks:

dispute the charge and ask for itemized breakdown ...
those charges have been addressed before and they will usually not make you pay them !

#731 2 years ago

Yeah that sucks. Have Marcos orders delivered to someone in the states and then have them usps it up here. You'd only be about $25 all in that way instead of $55

Quoted from Boat:

Is this recent?
I ordered parts in June with no fee.
I just checked on the chip I just ordered a few days ago. Im likely in for an extra $40, rip.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

dispute the charge and ask for itemized breakdown ...
those charges have been addressed before and they will usually not make you pay them !

Does that work?

#732 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Yeah that sucks. Have Marcos orders delivered to someone in the states and then have them usps it up here. You'd only be about $25 all in that way instead of $55

Does that work?

I've been doing that for a couple years with an awesome pinsider in Minot. That has now almost gone the wayside for me.
My last PBL order had shipping at like $70 usd to me in Nipawin, so I had it shipped to him for like $12 - then his real cost to ship to me was over $55 usd. Their prices have gone way up recently also. Now it's hardly worth that extra effort/cost when it comes to almost the same

#733 2 years ago

Gets rid of the handling and customs fees ... they try to disguise as legitimate fees

#734 2 years ago

It sucks to hear Fedex has gone the same route as UPS - wish more would go with good old USPS for shipping north of the border. Never had an issue with them.

#735 2 years ago
Quoted from TDK-WPG:

It sucks to hear Fedex has gone the same route as UPS - wish more would go with good old USPS for shipping north of the border. Never had an issue with them.

My orders from Comet by USPS would get held and slapped with a $10 processing fee pretty regularly but it's been a while since I've placed a order with them.

#736 2 years ago

How much was your order worth? I've ordered a few things USPS under $100 and no fees at all in the past year.

I can attest that FedEx fees are BS in terms of what you should pay for "duty" which should just be PST/GST if it's coming from the states.

I've also brokered an order myself and was charged $0 by Canada Customs on about $150 in parts but obviously milage will vary.

#737 2 years ago

Pretty sure I phoned Marco last time and they did USPS for me, no problem at all.

I was forced to use UPS on something (non-pinball) this week, I did call but couldn't talk them into USPS. UPS is by far the worst carrier.

#738 2 years ago

Pinballife really needs to bring back USPS shipping for us non-mericans.

Since they have removed USPS as an option, it will now cost between $33.38 to 37.94 US (plus taxes, duties etc...) to ship an item worth $1.50.

Just ridiculous...

Please feel free to crack off an e-mail to [email protected] or [email protected] and let them know that they are losing a lot of business North of the 49th Parallel. Thanks!!

#739 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Does that work?

I've been doing that for a couple years with an awesome pinsider in Minot. That has now almost gone the wayside for me.
My last PBL order had shipping at like $70 usd to me in Nipawin, so I had it shipped to him for like $12 - then his real cost to ship to me was over $55 usd. Their prices have gone way up recently also. Now it's hardly worth that extra effort/cost when it comes to almost the same

Quoted from klr650:

Pinballife really needs to bring back USPS shipping for us non-mericans.
Since they have removed USPS as an option, it will now cost between $33.38 to 37.94 US (plus taxes, duties etc...) to ship an item worth $1.50.
Just ridiculous...
Please feel free to crack off an e-mail to [email protected] or [email protected] and let them know that they are losing a lot of business North of the 49th Parallel. Thanks!!

I've asked nicely and lodged my frustration with that and I was just ignored by PBL about shipping.

#740 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I've asked nicely and lodged my frustration with that and I was just ignored my PBL about shipping.

lucky he didn't blackball you!

#741 2 years ago

Anyone know where to get $1 and $2 suzo happ coin buttons?

#742 2 years ago

I just email Tommy at Nitro and piggy back of his orders. I just get charged Canadian shipping from BC to ab. He's always putting in orders, so it's quick too.

1 week later
#743 2 years ago

For shipping from the US, you could give this a try. It is a local service in Ontario that delivers shipments up from the US to two locations near Toronto for $7CDN. So basically you pay US to US shipping rates and then an extra $7CDN to get it to Ontario. They give you a free US shipping address for free. They also offer a shipping service within Canada so they can forward your item to you anywhere in Canada. The rates within Canada are pretty reasonable. The only catch would be you would have to pay 13% sales tax as the item is being delivered into Ontario. Maybe you could ask them if they could do a reduced rate if the item will ultimately be shipped to another province? But NO duty headaches if the item is under $150CDN, which is great.

The link below will get you $10 off your first shipment ( fyi, I also get a $10 credit). It is great when Marco, etc. has free shipping within the US, etc. Still likely a lot cheaper than shipping directly from the US.

https://portal.shippsy.com/register/SLvblO

#744 2 years ago

Does anyone have a Stern lockdown bar without the tournament button and both lockdown posts on the right side? Thanks.

#745 2 years ago

Does anyone have an extra set of Stern profile mirror blades they are looking to sell? PM if you do.

Thanks,

#746 2 years ago

Anybody around Vancouver have a couple sheets of invisi-glass (or some variation) / insight?

Mainly because I want to put a bunch of Xmas lights on my ceiling to give my rec room a cool atmosphere.

#747 2 years ago
Quoted from aFineMoose:

Anybody around Vancouver have a couple sheets of invisi-glass (or some variation) / insight?
Mainly because I want to put a bunch of Xmas lights on my ceiling to give my rec room a cool atmosphere.

We should have more in stock end of month @ Nitro. We're not too far from you.

#748 2 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

We should have more in stock end of month @ Nitro. We're not too far from you.

Are you getting Stern HD and/or Voodoo in standard sizes and do they fit both Stern & B/W? Thanks!

#749 2 years ago
Quoted from aFineMoose:

Are you getting Stern HD and/or Voodoo in standard sizes and do they fit both Stern & B/W? Thanks!

Same size glass for both.

#750 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I just email Tommy at Nitro and piggy back of his orders. I just get charged Canadian shipping from BC to ab. He's always putting in orders, so it's quick too.

What he said.

There are 983 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canada-pinball-parts-wtblts-official-thread/page/15?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.