IMG_2156 (resized).JPG
IMG_2155 (resized).JPG
IMG_0010 (resized).JPG
IMG_0008 (resized).JPG
IMG_0009 (resized).JPG
GEDC0072 (resized).JPG
canada dry #4 (resized).jpg
canada dry #1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Backglasses are available. Plastics and card tray decals have been repro'd. Drop targets are available. Cabinet stencils availaible. You just need a "Target Alpha" (hopefully a beat one) to sacrifice (hardly a sacrific!) in order to convert to this more desirable version. I have everything I need except a playfield and stencils. I would submit a sanded smooth "Target Alpha" playfield and just have the "Canada Dry" graphics applied to it. No worry about cutting, drilling, routing playfield blanks. This would dramatically cut costs. Anybody with me? Does anyone have the ability to do this? I have spoken with John Greatwich about doing this, but he doesn't have the art file.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Why not just go out and buy the real thing? That's what I did. They all went overseas but I had this game shipped back to me from the Netherlands in 2002.
John

It would be nice to own an original one, but I have a tired "TA" in the woodpile and I have everything else to convert it. I wasn't aware until recently that the plastics were repro'd. I managed to get an NOS set, and thought that they would be the next hardest component to find. Now that just about everything else is available, and since "TA"s seem to be growing on trees lately, I thought conversions would be a viable alternative if only someone would repop the playfield.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I'd love a faithful Canada Dry backglass reproduction.

There are NOS copies floating around here. I don't know how many, but I did get one through another collector.

#8 6 years ago

You got a great deal on that game. Yeah, you had to ship it from overseas, but the total cost is worth it for that title. Just about everyone on PinballOwners who has one specifies that they will "never" sell it. I'd really like to make my own though, being that I have everything except the playfield and stencil kit.
Boilerman, let's try to get this ball rolling!

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

We'll then there you go JR.
John

I can't read French!

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Google Translate is wonderful.

Je veux en construire un moi-même.

#17 6 years ago

Hmm. Why so cheap? The English translation is hilarious. Prove that you're the king of the fork and amortized???

#18 6 years ago

That's the price to rent it!

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I'd love a faithful Canada Dry backglass reproduction.

Found this photo from 2010. This may be the glass I ended up with, but I didn't buy it at this show.

GEDC0072 (resized).JPGGEDC0072 (resized).JPG

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I am not much of an El Dorado, Solar City, Target Alpha fan....That being said, I would buy a repro PF and BG if they were made and have a TA converted complete with paint job. The game is just pure eye candy.

That's pretty much the whole idea. It's just a "Target Alpha" with different artwork, but I'd much rather look at "CD" than "TA".

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

I'm sure someone will reproduce the backglass now that they know there is value in it......just like so many other rare titles.....

John

I don't know about that. As I mentioned already, there are NOS ones around, and how many guys will need one for the existing lot of games. Now if the playfield were made, it would make sense to repop the glass too.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

We'll I'm sure that one or the other will get made now that there seems to be a high demand, so cashing in on it for someone is inevitable.......

John

Along with myself, it looks like I may have drummed up one or two others who might want a playfield. We'll need a lot more demand than that, but it just might happen eventually.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

I wish you the best of luck with which ever way you decide to go with this. You gotta start some place I suppose.
John

Thanks John.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

So you did. I just found it in my archive of emails from Mr. Pinball. It was a Chris Hutchins (HSA) restoration, so that explains its valuation. Just for posterity, the asking price was $6,500.
I also found two other Mr. Pinball ads for Canada Dry: One from 2014 was in France—where they were asking 2,500 euros—and one from 2011 in Atlanta—where they were asking $550.
Prices are going up!

It's likely that the seller in Atlanta just didn't realize what he had.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

Actually, the seller was joegrenuk. I don't think this was a hot title six years ago. There's been a run-up in valuation for twilight-era Gottlieb EMs in the last five years, but this was before then.
Here's what the ad said: "Rare export version of El Dorado, Gold Strike, Solar City, Target Alpha, and El Dorado City Of Gold. Nice condition, unrestored, perfect backglass, no/minimal playfield wear"
Man, what a sweet deal it would be today.

Hmm. Yeah, Joe would certainly know what he had.

1 month later
#63 6 years ago

Bumpity bump...

9 months later
#65 5 years ago
Quoted from micro:

I would be interested in a Playfield for sure!!
I have a glass already, and about to buy the repo plastics and apron decal. I have instructions and even a manual already.
Just need a Playfield and a target alpha.

Yeah, what will it take to make this happen? I have absolutely everything except for a playfield and a painted cabinet. That can be done fairly easily. Those who wish to convert their "Target Alpha" machines should be willing to strip and sand their playfields to bare wood and send them to whoever can do the artwork. This would save an enormous amount of work. The technology exists. Would love to see this happen somehow.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i have tried to get micro playfield to do it but they showed little interest
jr i too have a nos pf and plastic set

I think you mean BG, not PF.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Seems like it would be easier to go out and find the real thing and have it shipped back to the states. That's what I did a bunch of years ago.
John

So you've said. I've invested in absolutely everything for the game, including a set of NOS plastics. Everything, including all the paperwork.
This is the route I'd like to take, and so would others. I don't think there are very many originals in good condition available for sale, even overseas, and the costs would be prohibitive even so.
I'd like to hope that someday a playfield will be made, but if not, oh well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canada-dry-repro-playfield-its-time-has-come?tu=jrpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.