IMG_2156 (resized).JPG
IMG_2155 (resized).JPG
IMG_0010 (resized).JPG
IMG_0008 (resized).JPG
IMG_0009 (resized).JPG
GEDC0072 (resized).JPG
canada dry #4 (resized).jpg
canada dry #1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SuperDaveOsbourn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 6 years ago

This debbie downer sez...

BG reproduction would be 250-300 per glass in volume (30-50), PF would be 700 or so in volume (30-50), and the time/labor would be in the 40 or so hours for most first and second timers for the swap, and another 300-500 for the paint on the cabinet, plastics 100, original 'good or bad' copy of the title in the 0-500 range, drop targets (nearly unobtanium, 100-200 bucks a set). This puts the conversion of a TA like so many others into the 1500-2000 range at best.

I personally don't see the value of the effort, but good luck to those that can justify 2K for a copy of a rare original. It seems they are available in NM condition for a lot less.

#51 6 years ago

Pretty sure that item would be a WK production if ever done, and via the holders of said original artwork. With the license of CD in the artwork it would likely get ugly fast unless they relinquished those rights at the time of original artwork, and I doubt that happened (however, ya never know until you dig into it). So I would go along with you on the 700-1000 instead with the license costs just to be sure.

I have seen CD recently in good to better than good condition go for as little as 300-400. They don't come up state side every day as folks have mentioned, they sell fast, and that is indeed a major part of the hobby for many.

Not to derail the discussion... I just looked up the 7 titles this PF design was used, and production numbers add up to well over 16,000 made. Wonder if others would retheme other titles of same design with CD and not just focus on TA and the US markets.

#53 6 years ago

artwork for single player glass would need to either be trimmed or reworked. Maybe not so cool looking.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Actually only $60 per set from Steve and readily available. http://www.pbresource.com/targetalpha.html

Standing correct/ed.

The notion of a single player CD is to me the most interesting part of this discussion.
Would be great to integrate some solid state to the game, and do multiplayer memory of the machine state
between players and have actuated individually when the state machine is reset for each player. The full
reset of the banks is fine, but each drop having an additional small mini solinoid to make the target drop
when activated. Also the score reel score reset/solution is quite simple, just reset the score and then
count up to the state it was last in. Just a thought to make this restoration more than just a theme change
and unique art package trimming, but something much more fun and unique and challenging.

1 week later
#62 6 years ago

Don't kick yourself too hard, if you are young (and most of us are at heart) and not so dumb now as a result of the pass you will find and buy sooner than you really wish to if you keep thinking about it. Remember, thoughts are things.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SuperDaveOsbourn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canada-dry-repro-playfield-its-time-has-come?tu=SuperDaveOsbourn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.