IMG_2156 (resized).JPG
IMG_2155 (resized).JPG
IMG_0010 (resized).JPG
IMG_0008 (resized).JPG
IMG_0009 (resized).JPG
GEDC0072 (resized).JPG
canada dry #4 (resized).jpg
canada dry #1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dayhuff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

Why not just go out and buy the real thing? That's what I did. They all went overseas but I had this game shipped back to me from the Netherlands in 2002.

John

john&canada dry (resized).jpgjohn&canada dry (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago

With only a hand full of the actual games here in the states I think the chances are pretty slim that a repo playfield would ever happen. NOS plastics and cards were available from PBR for many years but I don't know if he still has any. The drop targets were the hardest thing.....I had to practically bribe Donal Murphy to make me two sets just to help off set his start up cost. Only took about 3-4 years to convince him to make them for me.....LOL.
I paid $600 for the game and around $650ish to have it shipped. Seemed like everyone had there hand in my pocket each time it moved another 50 miles here. The day I drove to Chicago to pick it up I get told (after I get there) that the container in which it's in is on hold until it can be checked for "mad cow disease". Seriously, but what could I do? I had to leave it. It took another week to get it cleared and of course another trip back to Chicago. The game made it safely however because it was shipped in a wooden crate. These four pictures were taken of it when it was still in the Netherlands and was being crated up in 2002. I shopped it out about 11 years ago I think. One weird thing is that the game never had any chimes in it, not even from the factory as there wasn't even any mount holes on the inside of the cabinet where it would normally be. The wires still had the old Gottlieb factory tape on them and they were neatly string tied to the rest of the wires on the bottom board. Strange huh?
John

canada dry #2 (resized).jpgcanada dry #2 (resized).jpg

canada dry #3 (resized).jpgcanada dry #3 (resized).jpg

canada dry #1 (resized).jpgcanada dry #1 (resized).jpg

canada dry #4 (resized).jpgcanada dry #4 (resized).jpg

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinslot:

Yupp, I often browse Leboncoin.fr which is the French version of CL and you very often find Canada Dries for sale there.

We'll then there you go JR.

John

#29 6 years ago

I too have a NOS glass that I bought off a old time operator down in Wooster Ohio probably 17 or 18 years ago I'm guessing. Also got a Target Alpha, Free Fall, Vulcan, Jet Spin and a Black Knight from him, all of those of which are long gone but that was the first time I'd seen the CD glass even though I had seen the title listed in the Larry Bieza's price guides over the years and I'd been curious as to what it was exactly. It was after that I decided to put a feeler out for the game itself and about six months later I was contacted from this guy in the Netherlands and that really got things moving along.

John

IMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPG

IMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPG

IMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPG

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

This. Now I just need to convince John to sell me that CD backglass to get it started.

I'm sure someone will reproduce the backglass now that they know there is value in it......just like so many other rare titles.....

John

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I don't know about that. As I mentioned already, there are NOS ones around, and how many guys will need one for the existing lot of games. Now if the playfield were made, it would make sense to repop the glass too.

We'll I'm sure that one or the other will get made now that there seems to be a high demand, so cashing in on it for someone is inevitable.......

John

#38 6 years ago

I wish you the best of luck with which ever way you decide to go with this. You gotta start some place I suppose.

John

11 months later
#68 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah, what will it take to make this happen? I have absolutely everything except for a playfield and a painted cabinet. That can be done fairly easily. Those who wish to convert their "Target Alpha" machines should be willing to strip and sand their playfields to bare wood and send them to whoever can do the artwork. This would save an enormous amount of work. The technology exists. Would love to see this happen somehow.

Seems like it would be easier to go out and find the real thing and have it shipped back to the states. That's what I did a bunch of years ago.

John

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 8.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dayhuff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canada-dry-repro-playfield-its-time-has-come?tu=Dayhuff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.