Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jrpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2013-05-19_19-17-33_551 (resized).jpg
2013-05-19_14-11-03_108 (resized).jpg
2013-05-19_14-40-43_352 (resized).jpg
IMG_20160131_231714 (resized).jpg
IMG_20160131_231652 (resized).jpg
IMG_20160131_231705 (resized).jpg
IMG_2157 (resized).JPG
IMG_2156 (resized).JPG
IMG_2155 (resized).JPG
IMG_0010 (resized).JPG
IMG_0008 (resized).JPG
IMG_0009 (resized).JPG
GEDC0072 (resized).JPG
canada dry #4 (resized).jpg
canada dry #1 (resized).jpg
canada dry #3 (resized).jpg

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago

Pretty sure that item would be a WK production if ever done, and via the holders of said original artwork. With the license of CD in the artwork it would likely get ugly fast unless they relinquished those rights at the time of original artwork, and I doubt that happened (however, ya never know until you dig into it). So I would go along with you on the 700-1000 instead with the license costs just to be sure.

I have seen CD recently in good to better than good condition go for as little as 300-400. They don't come up state side every day as folks have mentioned, they sell fast, and that is indeed a major part of the hobby for many.

Not to derail the discussion... I just looked up the 7 titles this PF design was used, and production numbers add up to well over 16,000 made. Wonder if others would retheme other titles of same design with CD and not just focus on TA and the US markets.

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperDaveOsbourn:

I just looked up the 7 titles this PF design was used, and production numbers add up to 16,000 made. Wonder if others would retheme other titles of same design with CD as well instead of just TA.

need to be a 4 player to be a real copy....but if the bg was done in a single player, how cool would it be as a wedgehead

#53 2 years ago

artwork for single player glass would need to either be trimmed or reworked. Maybe not so cool looking.

#54 2 years ago

drop targets (nearly unobtanium, 100-200 bucks a set).

Actually only $60 per set from Steve and readily available. http://www.pbresource.com/targetalpha.html

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

need to be a 4 player to be a real copy....but if the bg was done in a single player, how cool would it be as a wedgehead

I think it would be cool.

I'm optimistic I can 'restore' my crappy El Dorado project into a Canada Dry. But I need scans of the original playfield and backglass to start on the custom 1-player playfield overlay and translite graphics.

A Canada Dry wedgehead would be great, imho.

IMG_20160131_231705 (resized).jpg
IMG_20160131_231652 (resized).jpg
IMG_20160131_231714 (resized).jpg

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

I think it would be cool.
I'm optimistic I can 'restore' my crappy El Dorado project into a Canada Dry. But I need scans of the original playfield and backglass to start on the custom 1-player playfield overlay and translite graphics.
A Canada Dry wedgehead would be great, imho.

your el do doesn't look that bad, not as the one i restored a while back

2013-05-19_14-40-43_352 (resized).jpg

2013-05-19_14-11-03_108 (resized).jpg

2013-05-19_19-17-33_551 (resized).jpg

#57 2 years ago

artwork for single player glass would need to either be trimmed or reworked. Maybe not so cool looking.

i think someone could rework the art to make it fit or rescale it a little. but it would not be as nice due to the smaller size i agree
the art is what i like about the game, the game play on TA and the others is ok but never kept my interest

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

but i believe since it has a tie in with canada dry it will never get done due to copy right issues. that is unless it was done on the down low. they would really never know. really what are we talking 20 maybe 30 pf run.

Canada Dry is currently owned by Dr.Pepper Snapple Group, in Texas. 2013 their net worth was $8,201.0 Million US Dollars. I would bet $1.00 that no one at Dr.Pepper Snapple knew that such a pin was ever made. Although that Canada Dry crest is a registered trade mark. What would it take to send a letter off to let them know that 15 hobbyist would like to make reproductions for themselves, or would it be easier to contact Gottlieb LLC? But that might blow the roof off.

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Canada Dry is currently owned by Dr.Pepper Snapple Group, in Texas. 2013 their net worth was $8,201.0 Million US Dollars. I would bet $1.00 that no one at Dr.Pepper Snapple knew that such a pin was ever made. Although that Canada Dry crest is a registered trade mark. What would it take to send a letter off to let them know that 15 hobbyist would like to make reproductions for themselves, or would it be easier to contact Gottlieb LLC? But that might blow the roof off.

Gottlieb LLC still would need to give the ok Also, since it was a gottlieb they have to approve any reproductions before being made.

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Actually only $60 per set from Steve and readily available. http://www.pbresource.com/targetalpha.html

Standing correct/ed.

The notion of a single player CD is to me the most interesting part of this discussion.
Would be great to integrate some solid state to the game, and do multiplayer memory of the machine state
between players and have actuated individually when the state machine is reset for each player. The full
reset of the banks is fine, but each drop having an additional small mini solinoid to make the target drop
when activated. Also the score reel score reset/solution is quite simple, just reset the score and then
count up to the state it was last in. Just a thought to make this restoration more than just a theme change
and unique art package trimming, but something much more fun and unique and challenging.

#61 2 years ago

I’m liking where this is going , us hobbyists are the driving force in the hobby. Now I’m kicking myself for passing on a 175$ TA a few years back , and it was actually in good shape

1 week later
#62 2 years ago

Don't kick yourself too hard, if you are young (and most of us are at heart) and not so dumb now as a result of the pass you will find and buy sooner than you really wish to if you keep thinking about it. Remember, thoughts are things.

1 month later
#63 2 years ago

Bumpity bump...

9 months later
#64 1 year ago

I would be interested in a Playfield for sure!!

I have a glass already, and about to buy the repo plastics and apron decal. I have instructions and even a manual already.

Just need a Playfield and a target alpha.

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from micro:

I would be interested in a Playfield for sure!!
I have a glass already, and about to buy the repo plastics and apron decal. I have instructions and even a manual already.
Just need a Playfield and a target alpha.

Yeah, what will it take to make this happen? I have absolutely everything except for a playfield and a painted cabinet. That can be done fairly easily. Those who wish to convert their "Target Alpha" machines should be willing to strip and sand their playfields to bare wood and send them to whoever can do the artwork. This would save an enormous amount of work. The technology exists. Would love to see this happen somehow.

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah, what will it take to make this happen? I have absolutely everything except for a playfield and a painted cabinet. That can be done fairly easily. Those who wish to convert their "Target Alpha" machines should be willing to strip and sand their playfields to bare wood and send them to whoever can do the artwork. This would save an enormous amount of work. The technology exists. Would love to see this happen somehow.

i have tried to get micro playfield to do it but they showed little interest
jr i too have a nos pf and plastic set

#67 1 year ago

It seems like they need 15 willing people, and the license of course.

I added my Canada Dry vote to that thread as well.

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Seems like it would be easier to go out and find the real thing and have it shipped back to the states. That's what I did a bunch of years ago.

John

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i have tried to get micro playfield to do it but they showed little interest
jr i too have a nos pf and plastic set

I think you mean BG, not PF.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Seems like it would be easier to go out and find the real thing and have it shipped back to the states. That's what I did a bunch of years ago.
John

So you've said. I've invested in absolutely everything for the game, including a set of NOS plastics. Everything, including all the paperwork.
This is the route I'd like to take, and so would others. I don't think there are very many originals in good condition available for sale, even overseas, and the costs would be prohibitive even so.
I'd like to hope that someday a playfield will be made, but if not, oh well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 8.40
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Niskayuna, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wien, WIEN
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 28.95
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside