Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Nepi23
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BF1A4BFC-8533-4B07-9627-A864789F270B (resized).png
    IMG_20211129_230826569 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20211129_230800321 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evandickson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Can you spray paint wire forms with tremclad (I think this is the same as rust oleum in the USA)? I mean I guess you can, but will it stand up to wear and tear? These things are somewhat pitted and pretty dull from age.

IMG_20211129_230800321 (resized).jpgIMG_20211129_230800321 (resized).jpgIMG_20211129_230826569 (resized).jpgIMG_20211129_230826569 (resized).jpg
    #9 2 years ago

No paint, check.

I'll get some metal polish and hope that it does the trick. Chrome isn't really a viable option for 1 little piece, there's nowhere local that does this so I'd be dealing with shipping costs x 2, whatever the costs to chrome a non-commercial order, and the risk of losing a vital piece if something goes wrong along the way.

Thanks for the tips!

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from GregCon:

You can paint them, but you must paint the balls the same color. That way, when the paint wears off the wireform, an equal amount of paint will be left behind as it wears off the ball.

The math checks out.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

The math checks out.

I have had a few messages though saying that paint can work, as long as you clear coat with several coats of poly after to protect it so it doesn't flake off. But powder coat (or chrome) is preferred value wise. Lucky for me, someone in my region might be offering powder coat services soon.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evandickson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-you-spray-paint-wireforms?tu=evandickson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.