(Topic ID: 101654)

Can you spot the non pinball industry dude?

By Jared

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ice-ice-baby.jpeg
    pinball-guys-elvira-1.jpg
    pinball3.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

pinball3.jpgpinball3.jpg

WHAT DOES:

Roger Sharpe
    Gary Stern
    Jack Guarnieri
    Steve Ritchie
    Rob Ilvento
    Greg Freres
    Rob Berk
    John Trudeau
    Jared Guynes
    Chris Hutchins
    Bobby King
    George Gomez
    Andrew Heighway
    Jody Dankberg
    Jonathan Joosten
    Gerry Stellenberg
    Steve Epstein
    Steve Zahler

All have in common?

We are all a part of a awesome upcoming documentary film called Shoot Again: The Resurgence of Pinball!!!! Look at that list... wow... I gotta be honest with yall... WHAT THE HECK IS JARED GUYNES DOING ON THAT LIST!?!?!?!?!?!

You shall see. What an honor to somehow be a part of this thing.

*** EDIT*** - Here is the list in order as it appears in the image, thanks!

Stern
    Heighway
    Freres
    Steve Epstein
    Trudeau
    Rob Berk
    Bobby King
    Jonathan Joosten
    JJP
    HEP
    Jody
    Jared Guynes
    Roger Sharpe
    Gomez
    Steve Zahler
    Rob Ilvento
    Ritchie
    Gerry Stellenberg

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Yeah, actually, I can. =P

Hey, I am as shocked as you are. Truly. lol

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Where the f*ck is LTG : ) ?
    LTG : )™

I totally agree. I would give up my spot in the documentary for you to take if if I could. A obvious over-site on the part of the production team.

Quoted from RustyLizard:

That is almost an epic selection of pinball people.

Agreed. I think its a pretty good list, there are some others that are missing though. As for me... well... I honestly don't belong at all.

Quoted from MrBally:

I define a pinball industry dude as someone who works/worked for a pinball manufacturer. Those that promote/run pinball shows are not really "industry dudes".

Eh, I think anyone who "makes money off of pinball" is in the industry. Those guys who own modern pinball arcades or run big expos or pinball shows are industry people... just different end of it. Anyone "in the business" of pinball, is in the industry. In my opinion.

Quoted from Whysnow:

ummm... are you filming it? If not, then I am not sure why you would be in it. No offense, but playing the sesame game there is obviously one thing that is not like the others.

No, I am not filming it. Not sure why I am in it? Neither am I. Thats why I made this thread! When they asked me to be in it, I was honored, I flew up to EXPO 2013 in Chicago for the specific purpose of being filmed for the documentary... that was my motivation for the expense of going. Once I was there, I had no way to know or predict who they were filming. It was only much later that I saw the list and realized... I was in BIG company. I dont disagree with you... one of these things is NOT LIKE THE OTHER... and its me. However, for whatever reason, the production company requested my particularly to be in the movie, and I flew up to Chicago for it. I hope you guys like what I had to say.

Quoted from frolic:

I'm guessing just as Special When Lit featured a bunch of regular owners, so will this movie. But we don't see the entire cast list above.

Totally. They may have 40 more people not pictured that are in the movie too... normal people. For whatever reason, they released a photo of me in their production interviews on facebook. Maybe they think I am special. lol

Quoted from phishrace:

The topic of the movie is pinball's resurgence. Considering the subject of the movie, he seems like the only one that belongs on the list. A noob.
    Remember when Steve Ritchie said pinball is slowly dying in Special When Lit? Since then, he went back to Stern and designed their most profitable game ever. Interviewing a bunch of industry veterans will ensure hobbyist will want to see your movie, but I don't think they're the right people to be asking about pinball's resurgence. I'll reserve judgement until the movie comes out, but I don't have high hopes based on the list of names above. It's sounding like another Special When Lit.

I also can't wait to see the product. I guess its been a little while now... but I suppose I will always be a noob. I mean... look at the photo. You can also look around EXPO or any pinball show. Pinball is a hobby full of overweight, high earning, 35-60 year old white men. lol . Not always... but... yeah. Being a dude in my 20's when I got into this... I... felt like I was the only dude in my 20's into this. haha. I know now this is not the case. (But most local pinheads are 5-15 years older than me).

Quoted from o-din:

He will be bringing the rest of the guys sandwiches from Subway?

Very Funny. lol Never heard that one before.

1 week later
    #44 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

any new news/updates on the flic ?

They started filming in October 2013... I have not really heard any updates since. I have seen a trailer (rough cut) but its a private link on VIMEO and password protected. Looked pretty sweet.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-you-spot-the-non-pinball-industry-dude?tu=jared and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.