(Topic ID: 199884)

Can you scam the scammers??

By Spencer

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

#1 6 years ago

I mean, total douche wants to send Paypal, complete scam. Can I accept it, then close my account. Im guessing Paypal would come after me? Any way to waste more of this guys time?

#2 6 years ago

Dude....stop wasting yours... .............Joey

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Dude....stop wasting yours... .............Joey

Whatever, its funny, guy is so happy. Why cant we scam the scammer? for real. Nothing like getting 5 emails in 30 seconds about how bad he wants it! lol.

#4 6 years ago

What if it's not? What signs do you have? I ask because I have made large transactions with paypal. What else of the story can you tell us.
-Mike

#5 6 years ago

Can you elaborate on the reverse-scam?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

What if it's not? What signs do you have? I ask because I have made large transactions with paypal. What else of the story can you tell us.
-Mike

Its not legit, trust me.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Can you elaborate on the reverse-scam?

im working on it...

#8 6 years ago

Doesn't matter. Even if you think you are getting them to waste their money on overnighting you a fake check or sending you Paypal, they are just using stolen credit card numbers. So it doesn't matter to them.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from hailrazer:

Doesn't matter. Even if you think you are getting them to waste their money on overnighting you a fake check or sending you Paypal, they are just using stolen credit card numbers. So it doesn't matter to them.

Not sure it matters to them, but its fun to screw with the scammers, no??? There also has to be a way to accept a Paypal payment and withdraw it. I called Paypal, the woman was an idiot, could barely speak english and was reading from cards.

I just wish there was something we could do with these people.

Accept payment, withdraw money to bank and then close bank account and Paypal account?

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Accept payment, withdraw money to bank and then close bank account and Paypal account?

They use stolen cards and accounts, they don't use their own money. So you'd be taking an innocent persons money. Now you're the scammer. Not cool.

#11 6 years ago

You may find this entertaining: http://www.419eater.com/html/john_boko.htm

#12 6 years ago

That just send me a fake email Pay Pal thing saying the person sent me money hoping I will mail them money to pay for shipping,when I log into Pay Pal account nothing is there,I then tell them hey that was a fake email.

#13 6 years ago

I always go with getting them to send a fake check to one of the cops in town. I use the real address of the police station and a real officers name. I realize it will never be investigated. But it amuses me.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I always go with getting them to send a fake check to one of the cops in town. I use the real address of the police station and a real officers name. I realize it will never be investigated. But it amuses me.

Ive done this and they say thankyou! It prooves they dont even google the address but when they are busted they argue with you

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

You may find this entertaining:

Dam near pissed my self laughing! Thanks
-Mike

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

THIS is a genius idea.

#17 6 years ago

When I receive a phone scam, I tell them to please hold while I catch my chicken.. and keep clucking into the phone. 10's of minutes of entertainment... try it.

#18 6 years ago

Those are some nice carvings!

#19 6 years ago

I just stumbled upon this service recently:

http://www.jollyrogertelco.com/

Basically, when you get a scam/spam/telemarketer call, you can waste their time by texting that service, it will call you, and you can conference the two calls. Then an automated response system will converse with the nuisance caller and waste their time.

It doesn't work with all service providers, unfortunately--not all of them can merge two incoming calls. It's still a neat idea if you are frustrated with nuisance calls.

#20 6 years ago

You do realize the more you mess with these guys, the stronger and better they get at there scam? Just ignore them. I know it's hard to do. I'd love to reach through the phone or internet and strangle them.

#21 6 years ago

So here is a add I put up on CL today

1974 Bally Knockout pinball machine. Game will reset and start up, but blew a fuse when ball hit a target or rollover. Have not trouble shot the issue. Has nice backglass, playfeild will clean up nicely. $450 this is a cash deal

Sorry Mr. scammer no checks no pay pal no money transfers, if you want you driver to pick it up have him bring 4 hundred dollar bills and a fifty dollar bill, or 22 twenty's and a ten.

So guess what the first text I get is? Mr Scammerely wanting to send me a check since he is out of state he is going to throw in $50 extra so I will hold it till the check clears and his shippers are going to pick it up.

I let him know I don't trust banks or the government and only take cash.

He tells me I should I should give it a try.

I then tell him he should get off the grid and only deal in cash the banks scam you by taking you're money and so on.

I now think I'm going to ask him to do a Wal-Mart to Walmart money transfer and I'll go get the cash then he can send his shippers.

Wonder what his response to that would be?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-you-scam-the-scammers?hl=tungs10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.