(Topic ID: 141932)

Can you return a NIB??

By joekiss

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PA190101.jpg
    KISS_Mod.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    image_2.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    image.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob_g.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from joekiss:

Im through with the KISS premium. The Gene head is just an awful awful feature that just completely ruins the game. I bought mine NIB from a distributor and Im done with it. I don't want to call stern anymore and play phone tag with a tech I don't want to keep adjusting my $6000+ new machine. Im through. Maybe I should have waited but this is a loser. Anybody ever return a NIB?? And yes I cant recommend a KISS. The Gene head shoots STDM EVERY TIME and also gets hung up. Awesome having friends and family over and keep having to take the glass off and use a magnet to get the ball out when it gets hung up in the awful Gene head. I started just leaving the glass off. Also the drain lanes are tied with STTNG as most active. Ill go back to Judge Dredd...

I understand that sometimes if you get so frustrated with a game, for whatever reason, there's just no going back. Your distributor may give you a trade in, but you would probably get better value selling it privately. Either way you won't get all your money back. There maybe should have been more adjustability designed into the kickout (other than the kickout power). The right lane is quite open so I moved the post to the middle spot, just like the left side.

Rob

#13 8 years ago

I have had the vuk under the head get jammed on my Pro. It happens if you shoot 2 balls in there basically at the same time. There needs to be a change to the design so that cannot happen or this will be a huge detriment to having this game on route. The game has been out long enough though that you would think there would be a tech bulletin. Has anyone else contacted Stern about the ball jams and if so, what have they said?

Rob

#74 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

You generally do not fix VuK aiming issues by loosening the screws holding it and repointing it. It's just not what you do to fix this. So that's a complete dead end.

You are wrong - perhaps you don't understand what is being discussed here. Myself and others have adjusted the chute bracket slightly and eliminated the SDTM issues from the kickout. The VUK itself is not being adjusted, but the chute that the ball travels through does have its angle slightly changed. Out of the box mine sent the ball SDTM 90% of the time. After adjusting it always go to the left flipper now, never once SDTM.

Rob

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob_g.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-you-return-a-nib?tu=rob_g and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.