(Topic ID: 141932)

Can you return a NIB??

By joekiss

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PA190101.jpg
    KISS_Mod.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    image_2.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    image.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ovfdfireman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 8 years ago

I don't suppose you can buy a new car, put 2000 miles on it and say, I want to return it for a full refund. However, they should fix the issue for you, as will stern. Just need to work with them.

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from Eryeal:

Not really an exact comparison - most states do have lemon laws in regards to cars. If your new car consistently has the same problem(s), the dealer only has so many chances to fix it before they must accept it back for a full refund, or exchange it for a brand new car. Buyers remorse is a lot different than having a defective product that doesn't function as it should.

Maybe not, but a demon head that shoots the ball down the middle is not a lemon....that's like having a spark plug go out, or your cruise quits working...... I buy a new car every few year and every single one needs something repaired under warranty. I guess it still makes sense to me.

I agree with the op, the game should work 100%. But reality is they don't, they almost always need some sort of adjustment out of the box. Many dealers offer set up and inspection for this reason. Of course those full service guys aren't the ones selling super cheap.

Of course I am of the mind set games are constantly in need of adjustment, repair, or cleaning so I just fix the issue and move on. I have had transistors fail within the first 3 games, had fuses blowing on Ironman within the first 10 games due to an LED shorting, it's unfortunate but happens

#71 8 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

ever heard of lemon laws???

So you are saying this KISS is a lemon?

#72 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

You should not need to "break in" a game for it to play well nor would a sdtm style kick out fix itself. This is something that needs to be solved by a person. This type of tweak is not generally difficult.

Exactly.....

#76 8 years ago
    Quoted from Eryeal:

It's tough to do these comparisons to a car - you said it yourself, you buy a new car every few years and every single one needs something repaired. The difference is - when your cruise control went out, did the dealership just send you a part and expect you to then work on it on your own? If the paint starts to peel off after a month, do they send you out a can of paint? It'd be different if you could bring your pin somewhere local for warranty work, or if someone was dispatched. Pins are unique in that way - if you have a large appliance in your home and it's not working right in the beginning, you get a tech sent out. If you buy a car, you get to take it to the dealership and they fix it. For a pin - you are pretty much on your own for repairs. It's definitely a unique situation with pins.

Maybe so, and good point. I still struggle with this because if people bought from a local dealer/service center, I suppose service wouldn't be an issue, and they could bring the game in for Repair just as you mention. If I am not willing or able to do repairs, I would most definately buy from a local authorized distributor/service center who can take care of me.

So as in your examples of a small appliance or a car, a local pinball dealer can either send out a tech or it can be brought in for service, or warranty repairs. Seems no different.

However....you can buy an appliance on Amazon, Walmart, Home Depot, there is no service. My water heater (from my local menards) circuit board went out after 60 days, they didn't send anyone out, they just sent me the part. I could have paid more, and purchased my water heater from the local plumber and had full service as well, just opted not to. But I also know he doesn't repair Menards water heaters....

So to me, as buyer you have options, mail order for less $ and fix yourself, or local dealer for support. A personal choice.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ovfdfireman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-you-return-a-nib?tu=ovfdfireman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.