(Topic ID: 141932)

Can you return a NIB??

By joekiss

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PA190101.jpg
    KISS_Mod.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    image_2.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    image.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from joekiss:

There is not one bone in my body that would sell this game to another person. Im not that guy. this game is awful and I would never pass the buck to someone else.

So someone that buys this might have the ability to tweak it until it plays really well.

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from sepins:

Now that's not right to say.
    How many people pre-order games here on Pinside before release.

None of those people should be expecting to *return* a game after delivery though.

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from nate1981s:

If a game has a defect that can't be fixed after 3 attempts then he should be able to return it just like the lemon laws for new cars. Either they fix it or he should get a new one or a refund.

3 attempts by a newb may not mean much. The problems he listed are rather simple to fix for an experienced pinball person.

#51 8 years ago

You should not need to "break in" a game for it to play well nor would a sdtm style kick out fix itself. This is something that needs to be solved by a person. This type of tweak is not generally difficult.

#69 8 years ago
    Quoted from joekiss:

The screws behind the head. take the cape piece off and you will see the 6 screws holding the whole thing in place.

You generally do not fix VuK aiming issues by loosening the screws holding it and repointing it. It's just not what you do to fix this. So that's a complete dead end.

What types of things you do:
    1) Bend the roof of the VuK so the ball hits it as it leaves and ends up in a different spot. I have fixed all my VuK problems that were not caused by wear divots this way.
    2) The divot based ones you just buy a new one, but in the meantime you can use some sticky back felt or fuzzy side of sticky back velcro and put that on the roof of the VuK to change how the ball comes out. This will definitely change the SDTM issue, but instead it may not come out exactly and consistently so it's not always the right fix.

VuK should generally fire to a pleasant location. They should always fire to the same spot and not sometimes kick down the drain. They should not fire into slingshots. It is really unacceptable for you to have a game that does not exit the VuK correctly. I'm satisfied that you will get assistance from stern to resolve this but in the meantime work with the tweaks above so you can enjoy your game.

Quoted from joekiss:

Do I really have to explain myself why I expect a new machine to work 100%?? This was a $6400 machine. Should it not work 100% out of the box? What if you bought a new car and were told by the dealer you needed to make some adjustments??

Who cares what you paid? Are you suggesting a $6400 machine should work 100% and a $4900 machine shoudnt? Its just a stupid argument. Drop what you paid. If you are sad about what you paid you shouldn't have bought in the first place. WHAT YOU PAID IS IRRELEVANT. All products purchased (regardless of price) should work as advertised.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-you-return-a-nib?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.