(Topic ID: 164428)

Can you recommend a lift or dolly for use with bingo games?

By BlackCatBone

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by d0n
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    47e1afddbe70352495aad37a53ca0e1b01bb61da_(resized).jpg
    1c0b377093c295f23ef9fee179cf19e940f07f9e_(resized).jpg
    6ad6596aa485461523236b6bbe96e7878806e7df_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball_Muggle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 7 years ago

The 500# one does not go high enough to bring the head up for assembling/disassembling a bingo.
    Get the 1/2 ton model. It goes all the way up plus some (to 36" I think).
    Sometimes I'll also use it as an additional work surface in the shop.

These also have tilt brackets for the handle which you should reverse to tilt away then just slide the handle out and rest it on the table when storing it under your game.

Truly worth the extra 30 or 40 bucks above the 500# model.
    Wait until they go on sale and/or they have a 25% off coupon (I had both affect mine and got it for $160 several years ago).

In case you want to use it for deliverys, you should know it's VERY heavy.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

Pinball lifter works really well.

Had a PBL before the HF lift ... It worked but okay for a while but it was klunky, it doesn't work for head removal, wheels are too small and the cylinder only lasted about two years before it went bad. Wrote it off as a bad job.

Lucked out on the $160 price.
    Saw they were on sale and went to get it.
    Got to chatting with the manager mentioning I was going to use it for pinball machines.
    He smiled and started reminiscing about them in his youth.
    Listened intently asking him about the old days and if he remember titles and such.
    It helped - we clicked.
    When he helped me up to the register with it and told the gal to scan the 25% off coupon for me too (which normally doesn't happen for item's already on sale).
    Maybe give that technique a try ... can't hurt.

Anyway, got it home, pumped it up and next morning found it all the way down.
    Alas, the cylinder was faulty and had to return it for another (which works fine).
    So when you get it home pump it up and see how it is in the morning.
    They normally will creep down a very little bit overnight ... maybe an inch or less but again it's normal for them (confirmed by others that have them too).

Don't attach the hardware right away in case you need to return it. You'll just have to take it all off again like I did (grrr).

You should not have to fill/top-off the oil even though the instructions say to do so.

"Try it - You'll like it" (and wonder how you got along without one ... = )

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball_Muggle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-you-recommend-a-lift-or-dolly-for-use-with-bingo-games?tu=Pinball_Muggle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.