(Topic ID: 11825)

Can you quit moving threads around? We like them on the front page.

By v8torino

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ISDP.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

At least that is how I feel as a member making regular donations and generally trying to be a good member of "The Community"

#2 12 years ago

What are you talking about?

#3 12 years ago

All of the categories still show up on the front page. I'm okay with them moving them from category to category I just get tired of hearing about it. (No offense I know you are doing what you have to, I just don't think we need the narration)

#4 12 years ago

I see everything on the front page. I see thread people.

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

I'm okay with them moving them from category to category I just get tired of hearing about it. (No offense I know you are doing what you have to, I just don't think we need the narration)

I figured on getting some flames-
    That is probably what set me off tonight was the narration about it being done.
    I am also feeling a little bit of cabin fever from rt. arm surgery 2 days ago and not being able to actually play any pinball and grumpy that I have to type only left handed,granted I hunt and peck anyway-my apologies.

#6 12 years ago

I see thread people.

Me too

ISDP.jpgISDP.jpg

Quoted from v8torino:

I am also feeling a little bit of cabin fever from rt. arm surgery 2 days ago and not being able to actually play any pinball and grumpy that I have to type only left handed,granted I hunt and peck anyway-my apologies.

Man sorry to hear that V8 hope you have a quick and full recovery!! I think most people would be grumpy given your circumstances.

#7 12 years ago

I think you are confused, Kirk, or perhaps just a bit tired. It doesn't matter what sub-forum a thread is posted in, or what sub-forum a thread is moved to. It will still show up on the "front page". They all do. While a lot of people perceive the "Latest Discussions" area as some type of main forum, in reality it's simply a conglomeration of threads from all the different sub-forums.

#8 12 years ago

OK got it guys,Thx. alot-
    I just still must be stuck on the RGP format and am just thinking I was being sub-forumed to death.
    The walls are closing in on me,give me my blanky.

#9 12 years ago

You're killing me, Smalls!

#10 12 years ago

Hehe no worries, Kirk. Happens to the best of us!

Gweem is right, couldn't have explained that better myself. I am happy someone (Seal) has taken on the task to put threads in the proper sub category. While this may seem pointless to some of you, I can assure you it is just good habit to keep your forum clean. There are a lot of folks visiting the subforums to find specific stuff. Especially the JJP and Tech sub-forums are popular.

#11 12 years ago

I'd actually like it if buying/selling and off topic threads didn't get included in the main overview, it gets in the way of all the conversation threads.

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

I'd actually like it if buying/selling and off topic threads didn't get included in the main overview, it gets in the way of all the conversation threads.

I agree with you about off-topic, but I like seeing the buying/selling stuff on the front page.

#13 12 years ago

It seems people weren't putting the topics in the correct sub-forum due to laziness or not knowing they were supposed to. I have been educating the ones who don't know better and hopefully annoying the hell out of the lazy ones enough to do the right thing.

#14 12 years ago

Fooling around on the site, bad language, smoking grass, poor thread discipline. If you guys want to get fired, if you want to be replaced by visual pinball just keep it up.
    Is that your gum wrapper?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-you-quit-moving-threads-around-we-like-them-on-the-front-page and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.