(Topic ID: 219589)

Can you put a monetary number on this damage?

By UFO

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ypurchn
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dr-evil-one-million-dollars (resized).png
203C7814-FA96-4986-AC10-7D90BA7CE637 (resized).jpeg
D82EE816-8CB1-4B84-8E16-FF35CC2D11A8 (resized).jpeg
16E19702-C174-4BD5-8D5F-342CE697C757 (resized).jpeg
20160624_143454 (resized).jpg
1iham1 (resized).jpg
2cnnrt (resized).jpg
why-dont-you-just-open-the-damn-box-mario (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
20180620_132943 (resized).jpg
20180620_132929 (resized).jpg
20180620_125022 (resized).jpg
20180620_124211 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballinreno.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago

Im so sorry this happened!
I have learned, just like you, the hard way.

NEVER accept a shipped pinball machine with box damage unless you can cut the box all the way down and see exactly what you are getting. They can always tape it back up and send it back.

After you get it home its really difficult to get traction on a replacement as too many hands are in the fire now.

However, with patience and being firm, you will get a replacement.
You really have to get it back to the depot as fast a possible and make a claim.

As far as the value of the damage, its a total loss including the shipping price.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Why are you guys saying total loss? If the game is otherwise okay and playing, this guy just needs a new lower cabinet.
Obviously ideal to have a new pin shipped out, but that might be more difficult to accomplish.
Curious to see what his distributor recommebds

Its not that it cant be fixed.

Its that the purchase price and shipping were for an undamaged game.
A damaged game was delivered therefore not worth the purchase price.

I the game needed repairs it would have been included and listed in the purchase price.

Its the principle of it all, and that the paid for contract was not met.

The simplest remedy is to get a complete replacement shipped out ASAP.

Its about the money, as always.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This statement from the guy is closely related to the general statement, "Don't worry. We'll take care of you". Every time I have had someone say that they will take care of me I wind up getting FKed.
Nowdays, if I get the "we'll take of you" routine I am asking how are you going to take care of me? What do you mean when you say....? If your product is so good why do you only have a one year warranty? How much is it going to cost to fix this thing if it break?
WTF is a concealed damage policy? I'd like to see a paper copy of the policy, please. Who determines the amount of damages? Who pays for the damage? How do I get my money back? Too late one learns these are the kinds of questions to be asking. But that service rep had a nice smile and seemed genuinely concerned. As you get older you learn.

Yep, sadly one has to live and learn.

And, trustno1

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I haven't been in the pinball hobby long, and thankfully my purchases have been problem-free.
But in this situation, I hate to say I think your comment about principle and complete replacement isn't realistic. The trucking company isn't looking at this like "OMG it's a NIB Iron Maiden pinball machine, and we've ruined it!!". They're looking at it like "it's a cabinet...what's the repair cost? Agnes, call the insurance company.".
Stern and the distributor may be able to put some pressure on the trucking company, but they can't force them to cover full replacement. I'd also be very surprised (happily surprised) if Stern and/or the distributor ponied up to cover the difference and sent a new one on their own.
I've seen this type of thing many times in the flooring industry. We put in a $10k wood floor, and the appliance company scratches it putting in the refrigerator. The homeowner goes ape-shit and wants Lowes to pay to replace their floor. In the end, Lowes pays for the replacement of the scratched boards.
To the trucking company, the simplest remedy isn't to take this one back and bring him another one. The simplest thing for the trucking company is to write a check for repair. Not ideal, but realistic.

Its breach of contract, not damages by a 3rd party.

Never accept a pinball machine with box damage unless its unboxed and gone over with a fine tooth comb.

You have every right to inspect the shipment before accepting delivery.

If you accept damaged goods and paid for undamaged goods, its your decision.

Its dificult at best to get reparation. Along with time, money, lack of use and energy.
You will not get reinbursed for the effort it takes to make it right in any way shape or form.

Simpler to reject the shipment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballinreno.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-you-put-a-monetary-number-on-this-damage?tu=pinballinreno and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.